Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexosaurus View Post
    This is exactly what I came here to say.

I know that blizzard likes to reference pop culture and other stories, but basically jacking the ending of Return of the King for the climax of your entire expansion is not a great look.
    How is it jacking the ending of return of the king? i would love if you could give examples of the stolen ending, that would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Mario has beaten Bowser with more complicated and interesting plots. Just WTF blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    The whole pantheon worried what they could do to Azeroth if left unchecked, but they couldn't just rip them away like they did Y'sarj. So, they locked them up. Sargeras, believing Azeroth was doomed anyway, wanted to destroy it to prevent it from becoming a void titan. That began the burning crusade. When called out by the others for corrupting himself with fel, he killed their bodies, and their souls were flung away until he could collect them back in an attempt to corrupt them as well.
    Yeah that's the Chronicles. Before that there was some stuff like Sargeras was scared shitless of old gods (Before void lords were thrust upon the scene)
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    How is it jacking the ending of return of the king? i would love if you could give examples of the stolen ending, that would be great.
    Well since you apparently can't do your own research, I have provided you with links. Feast your eyes and ears upon the original and its copy.

https://youtu.be/FyzE9thQIPo?t=110

https://youtu.be/a_iHOJ1Ezr0?t=79

7+ Year Old Account
    Well since you apparently can't do your own research, I have provided you with links. Feast your eyes and ears upon the original and its copy.

https://youtu.be/FyzE9thQIPo?t=110

https://youtu.be/a_iHOJ1Ezr0?t=79
    Oh so one single shot is slightly referenced and that is it?
    "A tower with an eyeball is being destroyed"
    Shall we talk about how in the nzoth cinematic there is no armies dying
    the ground is not collapsing into the earth
    the tower does not EXPLODE
    there is no reaction shots
    there is no volcano erupting
    How there is no eyeball wall being destroyed in the lotr one
    or how there is no shot of the entire universe being blown up into a white light?
    and how there is not some giant chtulu lovecraftian creature dying?

yeah so they both at some point have a tower with an eye on it getting destroyed, so exact same thing, total rip off.

yeah, total rip off.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Still waiting for the magical mythic only-phase cinematic I see, eh?
    If the Titans, at their prime (before all the Sargeras-turning-evil thing) could not kill an Old God without causing severe, nigh-irreparable damage to a planet, risking killing it, why do you think a bung of rag-tag sword-slashers and wand-wielders would be able to?

I mean, look at this line from the WoWPedia article on Old Gods, and make sure to pay very close attention to the wording of the phrase: "With Yogg-Saron and C'Thun defeated, Y'Shaarj and G'huun deceased, and N'Zoth presumably gone as well, there are no Old Gods that remain active in Azeroth.

The only ones mentioned as deceased are Y'Shaarj (which Aman'Thul personally ripped appart) and G'huun, a "fake" Old God accidentally created by the Pantheon in their experiments to study the Old Gods.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2020-02-13 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Forgot link.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    All the ending was a rehashed cataclysm ending paired with lotr. And to mention this what we got for the black empire some obelisks and floating places while all the cool stuff and what I assume people actually wanted is all contained in a raid.
    Literally every story is rehashed something paired with something else. That is not an argument.

OT: In the end it's the same stupid reductionist idea that people always have. Anything can sound stupid is you examine it piece by piece instead of making an attempt to see the whole picture. Like each patch should have an entire novel worth of story instead of the chapter it is.

But this forum calls you a fanboy if you try to look at the story as presented instead of taking everything out of context and ignoring how the parts play together. Oh, and there's not allowed to be an unfinished plot thread in the ongoing story. There has to be absolutely nowhere to go with the story at expansion's end.

Never mind the amount of people that decided they hated it before even seeing it.

The only thing you should ask is, "Did I like it?" That doesn't require outside input, and going to a forum like this has no positive result unless you didn't understand something. Don't let these idiots that couldn't write a grocery list and think they're better than Shakespeare ruin something you enjoy.

PS: The wound has been stable since the artifact weapons were drained, and her mending started when we got the heart of azeroth. The corruption from the sword was what was hurting the planet, not the physical object. There is no reason to remove it since it doesn't appear to be affecting the planet's orbit, so it's effectively just a large chunk of metal stuck in the ground. There is, however, a lot of issues that could be caused by removing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    the diarreha icing on this shitcake.
    Props for an amazing sentence. Elegantly desbribing BfA with so few words, yet presenting such an effective unpleasant mental image to really slam home the "quality" of this expansion.

Oh so one single shot is slightly referenced and that is it?
    "A tower with an eyeball is being destroyed"
    Shall we talk about how in the nzoth cinematic there is no armies dying
    the ground is not collapsing into the earth
    the tower does not EXPLODE
    there is no reaction shots
    there is no volcano erupting
    How there is no eyeball wall being destroyed in the lotr one
    or how there is no shot of the entire universe being blown up into a white light?
    and how there is not some giant chtulu lovecraftian creature dying?

yeah so they both at some point have a tower with an eye on it getting destroyed, so exact same thing, total rip off.
    yeah, total rip off.
    Uh, wut is happening here? Am I being trolled right now?

Both feature towers crumbling, both feature a crumbling structure with an eyeball that makes weird sounds before exploding, both take place in a hellish landscape with fire. I don't really care that one is a fire eyeball and explodes into rubble while one is a Cthulu eyeball that explodes into light. It's the same thing yo.

If that's not enough for you then just listen to the extreeeeeemely similar music while it's happening. If you can't draw major parallels between these sequences, to the point that it's almost criminal, then I'm not really sure what to say. The comment section of the WoW video is littered with Lord of the Rings and Dragon Ball Z jokes for a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because some how people still expect quality out of Blizzard in 2020.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Both feature towers crumbling, both feature a crumbling structure with an eyeball that makes weird sounds before exploding, both take place in a hellish landscape with fire. I don't really care that one is a fire eyeball and explodes into rubble while one is a Cthulu eyeball that explodes into light. It's the same thing yo.

If that's not enough for you then just listen to the extreeeeeemely similar music while it's happening. If you can't draw major parallels between these sequences, to the point that it's almost criminal, then I'm not really sure what to say. The comment section of the WoW video is littered with Lord of the Rings and Dragon Ball Z jokes for a reason.
    I wouldn't expect much, to be honest.

He was removed from the story, we likely will never see him again. or atleast not for another 6 years.
    Kelthuzad is not dead, yet we havnt seen him since wotlk.
    a charecter being "dealt with" one way or another, usually means they are gunna be removed from the story forever, or for a long time.
    archimonde was gone from tbc till wod.
    Kelthuzad was gone for tbc, then again wotlk till whenever they have him pop up.
    bolvar was gone from end of wotlk till shadowlands.
    illidan was gone from tbc till legion.

charecters commonly die/get locked up then come back.
    but its how they are dealt with thats important.
    Sargeras was dealt with, we are obviously not going to see him in shadowlands, we didnt see him in BFA, so atleast 6 years with him just gone?
    yeah.
    But he isn't dead. I get it that you have some sort of twisted "I was right" complex" but he isn't dead.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    • Ten years spent building up to the final old god.
    • Six years hyping up the old god threat, since Sargeras was so terrified of them that is why he created the Legion in the first place.
    • Four years hyping N'zoth's master plan, what with the Emerald Nightmare raid and the whispers from Xal'atath.
    • One year hyping N'zoth wrecking Azeroth after he was released at the end of the Azshara raid.
    • N'zoth finally takes center stage.
    • lol he had no plan at all and falls over to a DBZ laser beam, having accomplished absolutely nothing.
    um except he did have a plan. we simply stopped him. just as we have stopped others in the past, this was no different. hell you could say the same about the Legion in 7.3 - they have been built up for a lot longer than the Old Gods.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    But he isn't dead. I get it that you have some sort of twisted "I was right" complex" but he isn't dead.
    Nor is kelthuzad yet hes been gone for over 10 years.
    Sargeras is dead until he comes back, cause he very well may stay locked up there until the day wow ends.

Somehow this was a worse ending than WoTLK? Lmao.

You know, the expansion where arthas acted like a scooby doo villian across a continent for a year, only to keikaku doori us? Thank god for tirion fordring, I guess.

hahhahahaahahahahaahaahahahaa

So you admit that you will ignore any and all differences so you can portrait them as similarly as possible?

Old Gods have been portrayed since day one as being able to make tentacles, mouths, eyes and what-have-yous appear anytime and anywhere they have spread their influence. N'Zoth has been constantly portrayed being "about eyes". Remember Crucible of Storms? Remember the eye we got implanted on our head?

Also, look at this image from AQ. Doesn't that obelisk look strangely familiar?

Also, regarding your "crumbling structure with an eyeball" claim. The only "structure with an eyeball" is a wall. Because the towers that crumble in the cinematic? They have no eyes on them.

Nor is kelthuzad yet hes been gone for over 10 years.
    Sargeras is dead until he comes back, cause he very well may stay locked up there until the day wow ends.
    sargeras is imprisoned, not dead? Its literally in the fucking story that he was imprisoned by the pantheon, why are you so obsessed saying that he is dead?

Bosses are there to be killed.

It's just a video game you nerds, don't blow it up too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are just salty their favorite tentacleboi got nuked, really.

I, for one, glad this nonsense is done and we got conclusion to this story.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Tbh it was just... the bare minimum. Instead of making all the Saurfang movies, I mean, ya know.
    Well sure they saved alot of resources not doing a "classic" end cinematiqe but as Ion said many people have said that it feels a bit boring to always do all the heavy lifting defeating all the baddies to have Thrall or whatever heroe come in and do the final blow. So they did it with ingame assets instead so OUR own characters actually could be the "Hero" in the move.

i mena they could never have done that with a classic engamecinematiqe