Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharill View Post
    Scroll back.

That's why I didn't include Draenor in what I listed earlier. That was another shit tier ending because WoD was a cobbled together mess.
    Sorry, I just wanted to mention it. But I feel it's worth mentioning that Blizzard did more to close Warlords of Draenor's book than BfA's.

WARLORD'S OF DRAENOR.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    What would a proper ending be that includes the build up? I'm asking for something tangible. You are mad I get it.
    You're for fucking real right? You're just going to pull the "lolmad" card when debated?

I gave you a way to stretch it out. Have N'zoth not actually dead and having one last crack at us in a cinematic aspect which ends him.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Well, I mean I don't think "DRAENOR IS FREE!" was that stellar, but that was WoD, and even that got more than 20 seconds of Lord of the Rings "homage" as an ending. Plus the stuff that came before with Archimonde and Gul'dan was still cool and intriguing and left me wondering what would come next. Ny'alotha's finale is just "Boop. N'Zoth dead, Ny'alotha gone. That's all folks."
    Wotlk ending was shit too, lol.

Sorry, I just wanted to mention it. But I feel it's worth mentioning that Blizzard did more to close Warlords of Draenor's book than BfA's.

WARLORD'S OF DRAENOR.
    Yeah for how shit WoD was and I mean it was properly awful it at least ended the final page properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Koniwej View Post
    Did you read the books and understand why the titans couldn't just "kill" the old gods ya?
    The cinematic, though fairly mediocre, killed the old god in a way where it fits within the conventions set up in-universe.

This cinematic is no more/less disappointing than watching tirion fordring bubble the ice block and terenas jumping out of the sword.

I'm not defending *this* cinematic, but if you think that this quality is abhorrent for an end-expansion cinematic, you haven't been paying attention.

ThErE MuST alWayS bE a LicH KiNG pepega
    "we lost"
    "oh no wait power of friendship azeroth broke our hero free he can now do the thing"
    "woooo the hero did the thing and beamed the old god"
    "whoa the old god is exploding"
    "poof"
    <black screen>

Yeah, no, I'll take WotLK's ending, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharill View Post
    You're for fucking real right? You're just going to pull the "lolmad" card when debated?

I gave you a way to stretch it out. Have N'zoth not actually dead and having one last crack at us in a cinematic aspect which ends him.
    Did you not see your entire raid being pulled towards him at the very start or naw? Too blinded by anger?

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    That's not an ending you give something that's been built up for a decade. See above where I draw a parallel to Infinity War.
    Because movies coming from comics that have been coming around for more than 3 decades, and yeah that movies, something created just for the story not a game, can be compared to a game.

Try to use another parallel, please, this one is just... not okay, they can't be compared.

"we lost"
    "oh no wait power of friendship azeroth broke our hero free he can now do the thing"
    "poof"
    <black screen>

Wotlk ending is the exact same fucking thing.

Arthas kills the raid
    Tirion breaks the ice block due to the power of friendship
    shatters arthas' nathrezim forged runeblade with a single crusader strike
    whoa, the sword is broken and he's dying
    poof

HI GUISE IM ALIVE BUT ON FIRE

7+ Year Old Account
    illidan died in tbc.
    Archimonde also died in tbc yet he came back in wod
    Kiljaden got locked away in TBC, but took till legion to come back.

its funny the dude that died came back faster then the dude who didn't.
    sargeras may come back in like 4 years,m or he may NEVER come back, as kel'thuzad has yet to. its been over 10 years and hes still no sign of coming back.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Did you not see your entire raid being pulled towards him at the very start or naw? Too blinded by anger?
    No, that makes it a lot better.

"You actually lost and got corrupted but it didn't matter because in the end you broke free with the magic of love Azeroth and served as a conduit through which we could beam the big bad anyway."

- - - Updated - - -

Wotlk ending is the exact same fucking thing.

Arthas kills the raid
    Tirion breaks the ice block due to the power of friendship
    shatters arthas' nathrezim forged runeblade with a single crusader strike
    whoa, the sword is broken and he's dying
    poof

HI GUISE IM ALIVE BUT ON FIRE
    Yeah, it's the exact same thing.

If you ignore literally everything that makes it different.

7+ Year Old Account
    "we lost"
    "poof"
    <black screen>

thats literally the wotlk cienmatic...
    "We lost lichkign one shot us, he is now going to raise us and kill all on azeroth"
    "Oh no wait power of ~Friendship~ the light broke our hero free, now he can do the thing."
    "Wow the hero did the thing and trapped the lich king."
    "wow the lich king is dying"
    "Poof"
    "Black screen"

No, that makes it a lot better.

"You actually lost and got corrupted but it didn't matter because in the end you broke free with the magic of love Azeroth and served as a conduit through which we could beam the big bad anyway."

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, it's the exact same thing.

If you ignore literally everything that makes it different.
    what makes it different? watching his dad comforting his dying undead son? Bolvar's sacrifice?

Hahahahahhaahah just say you wanna suck arthas' dick and get over it

Wotlk had objectively worse writing than BFA. And wotlk had better writing than any expansion prior, which is in itself, a feat.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    in the wow universe, again, that is the same thing.

if you are not in the story, you are as good as dead.
    there is characters who are alive, that have not been in the story for over a decade, yet character who died come back in shorter time...
    Holy shit, this is beyond dense...

"there [are] characters who are alive, that have not been in the story for over a decade"

Yes, you're right. And those characters aren't dead. You're even admitting that being dead doesn't prevent a character from re-entering the story. So why the fuck are you so hell bent on saying that a character that is DEFINITELY ALIVE is dead just because they're not currently part of the story? Swallow your pride and stop quadrupling down on being wrong. Sargeras is not dead, nor is he pretty much dead. He's alive regardless of whether we see him in WoW or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Because half an hour of amazing quality sad orc cinematics and then this?
    Watch the Sadfang cinematics, consumer. Don't you feel his pain for being fooled into contributing to another genocide? You can tell he's in pain because he's super sad and mopey and we want to make sure you know that, so we made several film-quality cinematics of it.

Oh, the Old God we've been building up since at least Cataclysm? Uhh.. well, we might make a 20 second cinematic if we feel particularly inspired after rewatching Lord of the Rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Because half an hour of amazing quality sad orc cinematics and then this?
    This.

BFA actually had some damn good cinematics. Lost Honor, Safe Haven and Reckoning.

And they couldn't even be bothered to make a cinematic on that quality level (even if it was an ingame graphical one instead of the graphical quality those 3 use) for a huge big bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Holy shit, this is beyond dense...

"there [are] characters who are alive, that have not been in the story for over a decade"

Yes, you're right. And those characters aren't dead. You're even admitting that being dead doesn't prevent a character from re-entering the story. So why the fuck are you so hell bent on saying that a character that is DEFINITELY ALIVE is dead just because they're not currently part of the story? Swallow your pride and stop quadrupling down on being wrong. Sargeras is not dead, nor is he pretty much dead. He's alive regardless of whether we see him in WoW or not.
    he's as dead as illidan was
    and he's as alive as illidan was.

what makes it different? watching his dad comforting his dying undead son? Bolvar's sacrifice?

Hahahahahhaahah just say you wanna suck arthas' dick and get over it

Wotlk had objectively worse writing than BFA. And wotlk had better writing than any expansion prior, which is in itself, a feat.
    What makes it different?

Well, you know, context, nuance, the dialogue, the fact that there was a conclusion shown in the actual cutscene, the fact that the cutscene wasn't 20 seconds of a guy blowing up and his spooky lovecraft city with him.

Are you for real or are you just trying to elicit responses?

What makes it different?

Well, you know, context, nuance, the dialogue, the fact that there was a conclusion shown in the actual cutscene, the fact that the cutscene wasn't 20 seconds of a guy blowing up and his spooky lovecraft city with him.

Are you for real or are you just trying to elicit responses?
    Think the latter to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    thats literally the wotlk cienmatic...
    "We lost lichkign one shot us, he is now going to raise us and kill all on azeroth"
    "Oh no wait power of ~Friendship~ the light broke our hero free, now he can do the thing."
    "Wow the hero did the thing and trapped the lich king."
    "wow the lich king is dying"
    "Poof"
    "Black screen"
    Yes. Except there's a lot of stuff that happens before and after and the Lich King had his own expansion where he was built up and threw shit at the player, and where the player got to explore him more as a character and a villain.

You have to boil the WoTLK cinematic down to its most basics to compare them, whereas the way I described the Ny'alotha ending was pretty much exactly what happened without boiling it down.

Womp womp.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Except there's a lot of stuff that happens before and after and the Lich King had his own expansion where he was built up and threw shit at the player, and where the player got to explore him more as a character and a villain.

You have to boil the WoTLK cinematic down to its most basics to compare them, whereas the way I described the Ny'alotha ending was pretty much exactly what happened without boiling it down.

Womp womp.
    lol "You boiled it down, but i didnt for sure"
    Except your literally boiled it down...