Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    N'zoth may have been the weakest however; he was the only truly released old god. Even if he was considerably weaker then the other 3 in his fully released form/power he should dwarf that of the others we killed whilst still in their cages the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Weren't you off to bed? You're not going to fare any better just because you're repeating yourself. It's not believable.

Also canonically the strongest Old God we faced.
    nope, he's canonically the weakest
    he's canonically the only free old god we've faced.

You tried but you're still too retarded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rivex View Post
    N'zoth may have been the weakest however; he was the only truly released old god. Even if he was considerably weaker then the other 3 in his fully released form/power he should dwarf that of the others we killed whilst still in their cages the most part.
    The strength of the old gods is in no way related to what we as the player face, but don't tell the retard up there that.

Quote Originally Posted by Koniwej View Post
    nope, he's canonically the weakest
    he's canonically the only free old god we've faced.

You tried but you're still too retarded.
    Canonically the strongest we faced and those are the facts. Get mad at them if you like.

Bye now. Up your tactics if you plan to return tomorrow.

Canonically the strongest we faced and those are the facts. Get mad at them if you like.

Bye now. Up your tactics if you plan to return tomorrow.
    Do you have in-game or blue post literature backing up your statement?
    No? Okay.

So anyway N'zoth is the weakest old god.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharill View Post
    Yeah you're right. God forbid people expect Blizzard to put in effort into a product.
    I didn't say it was bad expectations. The ending fit the story, but they did a poor job on it.

Bad expectations would be tinkers and necromancers.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    I didn't say it was bad expectations. The ending fit the story, but they did a poor job on it.

Bad expectations would be tinkers and necromancers.
    I once thought Demon Hunters would be too close/share too much with Warlocks.

Much as I feel Necromancers are too close to Death Knights, I can't wholly exclude them anymore. That said, I dunno when they would fit in if not Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Yes there was A LOT of build up, and yes we did win with a meme beam in the end. But we were never going to lose, unfortunately. N'zoth did take control of us before the heart broke us out, he did "win". There are only a few bosses who have ever won, the lich king killed us, argus killed us, queen azshara free'd n'zoth despite losing, and n'zoth took over our minds but azeroth saved us.

Sure, it wasn't the ending a lot of us wanted, and maybe it felt rushed, but this was a storyline building since EN - Is that really rushed?

Truly, what did we expect? lol

Yeah, I have no clue what people expected tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    which turned out to be MOP 2!
    Except for if it was MoP2 it would be the best expansion, as MoP was

Quote Originally Posted by Runstarr View Post
    Prolly more than 20 secs of an ending cutscene that is a Lord of the Rings "homage" to end the threat of an unleashed Old God and close the expansion off.

I know it's kind of an extreme expectation, but I believe it can be done!

Legs.
    N'zoth was supposed to stand up and fight us, or something, who knows.

Like, do people even remember when n'zoth invaded the heart when you got CoA revered a year+ ago? Or the dozens of cultists? Or BFD (which changed like 3-4 times but was super low-key about it) Or the zone of vashj'ir where there's old god shit all over?

- - - Updated - - -

Prolly more than 20 secs of an ending cutscene that is a Lord of the Rings "homage" to end the threat of an unleashed Old God and close the expansion off.

I know it's kind of an extreme expectation, but I believe it can be done!
    Yeah but you're retarded and
    I once thought Demon Hunters would be too close/share too much with Warlocks.
    Gul'dan = Illidan, apparently.

For Blizzard to maybe put some effort into this shitshow of a final patch?

Nah just release patch, throw out a 6 month mount yet again nobody asked for to keep people the hook and add a shittier RNG system than Titanforging to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Still waiting for the magical mythic only-phase cinematic I see, eh?
    I don't think it's so much that. It's that you leave him at 2.5% health (this is the trigger point) and then cinematic hits. You fire a beam and then it appears everything is shattering. Though there has to be a reason you leave him at 2.5% rather than dropping his health to 0.0% and it isn't to fire a beam. It's possible that he's still alive and what we saw in the cinematic was a vision to save himself. Not to mention old gods have "died" before in fights and still lived as they heal. The only one truly dead was Y'Shaarj and even then his heart was sealed so he couldn't regenerate which Garrosh fully drained. None of the old gods have had anything close to that and are lying and regenerating. N'zoth is likely in the same shape. All we see is light coming out of him, but nothing indicating he was eradicated instead just a bright white light and the Ny'alotha falling to pieces which could be a vision or real. No one knows for sure.

So it's not that people are holding out hope, it's just the cinematic is so ambiguous that it could mean a ton of things to be explored later on. I think I recall reading too that some mention the whispers haven't stopped either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I don't think it's so much that. It's that you leave him at 2.5% health (this is the trigger point) and then cinematic hits. You fire a beam and then it appears everything is shattering. Though there has to be a reason you leave him at 2.5% rather than dropping his health to 0.0% and it isn't to fire a beam. It's possible that he's still alive and what we saw in the cinematic was a vision to save himself. Not to mention old gods have "died" before in fights and still lived as they heal. The only one truly dead was Y'Shaarj and even then his heart was sealed so he couldn't regenerate which Garrosh fully drained. None of the old gods have had anything close to that and are lying and regenerating. N'zoth is likely in the same shape. All we see is light coming out of him, but nothing indicating he was eradicated instead just a bright white light and the Ny'alotha falling to pieces which could be a vision or real. No one knows for sure.

So it's not that people are holding out hope, it's just the cinematic is so ambiguous that it could mean a ton of things to be explored later on. I think I recall reading too that some mention the whispers haven't stopped either.
    N'Zoth playing and pretending to lose is the only way Blizzard can remotely mend it.

But anyway, while you're right that C'thun and Yogg-Saron are heavily implied to (wink wink) still be able to return, Blizzard has also said it's best to functionally consider them dead since they have no plans for them in the near future. So while we'll have to see, I doubt N'zoth will return.

Sargeras is a good guy now you watch he will see how we defeat threat after threat hey guys can i join your club?

N'Zoth playing and pretending to lose is the only way Blizzard can remotely mend it.

But anyway, while you're right that C'thun and Yogg-Saron are heavily implied to (wink wink) still be able to return, Blizzard has also said it's best to functionally consider them dead since they have no plans for them in the near future. So while we'll have to see, I doubt N'zoth will return.
    Yeah, according to the lore and everything they are alive just "dormant" I guess you could say? Posing no real threats at the current moment. I think their stance on it for now just says "You won't be seeing them any time soon" which means they can make a return at any point as the story progresses. Like right now it doesn't make much sense for any of them to return as the story is now. Now if they do something like say we spent X amount of years in Shadowlands (where to us it only feels like a few months or something) they could bring them back stating their power has been restored and/or Void Lords are coming which resurged their power.

Basically, I think it's just a way to leave things open-ended without saying "They are 100% dead and you will never ever see them again". Just nothing in the current foreseeable future (ie Shadowlands). Granted they could know they want them in the expansion after, but don't want to say anything yet until Shadowland story progresses.

Because it was lame.
    Ugly, unimpactfull and without emotion.
    That was rushed.

my only gripe with the cinematic is that it was an ingame cutscene instead of a cinematic, just compare it to the carapace cinematic or the azshara cinematic and you can clearly see the difference
    Last edited by valky94; 2020-02-13 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    • Ten years spent building up to the final old god.
    • Six years hyping up the old god threat, since Sargeras was so terrified of them that is why he created the Legion in the first place.
    • Four years hyping N'zoth's master plan, what with the Emerald Nightmare raid and the whispers from Xal'atath.
    • One year hyping N'zoth wrecking Azeroth after he was released at the end of the Azshara raid.
    • N'zoth finally takes center stage.
    • lol he had no plan at all and falls over to a DBZ laser beam, having accomplished absolutely nothing.
    Don't forget that we also didn't deal with any of the carry over problems from Legion, like the big ass sword and the planet hemorrhaging Azerite. Never mind whatever being soaked in that is going to do to C'thunn.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Don't forget that we also didn't deal with any of the carry over problems from Legion, like the big ass sword and the planet hemorrhaging Azerite. Never mind whatever being soaked in that is going to do to C'thunn.
    c'thun is dead and has been dead since before cata. cho'gall was corrupted from his corpse

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    my only gripe with the cinematic is that it was an ingame cutscene instead of a cinematic, just compare it to the carapace cinematic or the azshara cinematic and you can clearly see the difference
    Indeed. They should've made a cinematic with our character in it. One cinematic for every player ad all their alts.
    And all possible gear they could be wearing.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.