Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeOculus View Post
    42 minutes after opening the raid and its cleared.
    This shows what years of experience and knowledge does to a raid.

Wasn't this raid one that broke the back of many raiding guilds back in the days?
    How many addons work today vs original launch? Seems they could play an important role as well.

Reminds me. I want to see the unnerfed version of C'thun in AQ40.
    The one people claimed unbeatable by the numbers back then.
    It was also very buggy, with the stomach phase not spawning properly and whatnot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FatGandalf View Post
    How many addons work today vs original launch? Seems they could play an important role as well.
    Technically you can do less with addons today then you could back then. All they ever did was limit what addons can do, not really extend it - only in very rare circumstances. But obviously addon authors had also 15 years to come up with fancy ideas.

Somehow with the state of Blizzard/WoW I doubt they get much in the way of "new players" these days so kinda pointless offer.
    Last edited by Kharill; 2020-02-13 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Not on my server. I think AQ40 and the Naxx were the bigger ones.

As for the Classic WF "winners" here, all I have to say is...

It wasn't Naxx. Naxx not being cleared by many guilds had nothing to do with it's difficulty. Naxx wasn't cleared by many guilds because of how short of a patch cycle it had before TBC was released.

way, WAY less addons.
    you could make addons and macros that pretty much play the game for you and it was ok with the ToS.
    Addons only got more and more restrictions, not extended functionality. The only thing that might've changed is the people doing them and figuring out what they can do

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    way, WAY less addons.
    you could make addons and macros that pretty much play the game for you and it was ok with the ToS.
    Addons only got more and more restrictions, not extended functionality. The only thing that might've changed is the people doing them and figuring out what they can do
    So there was DBM and stuff like that during Classic (back in the day)? I didn´t play then so I have no idea. I have just seen the evolution of AddOns while I have played and was wondering what they had back then.

So there was DBM and stuff like that during Classic (back in the day)? I didn´t play then so I have no idea. I have just seen the evolution of AddOns while I have played and was wondering what they had back then.
    yep, it's just... what was it supposed to tell you? "Don't stand in fire"? You could also pretty much make legal bots via addons or macros

why even bother playing when its that easy, spend months grinding to 60 to know the final encounter is going to take you 42 minutes!

Classic is Classical!

Yes. Additionally addons were able to do a lot more back in Vanilla that has since been patched out (and Classic runs on modern limitations from what I know).

In Vanilla you had addons that automatically decursed people with a single button, as in auto target and cast the correct decurse/dispel spell.
    Healing addons that read a targets missing HP and selected the appropriate rank of heal spell to cast ect.

But authors were new to making addons so a lot of the stuff that they have come up with in the years since simply wasn't on their mind at the time.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    maybe in the bigger cities, good chunks of us where still on dial up. A good day for me was siting under 1k MS...
    Even in mid 90s, on PSTN lines, have I been anywhere near 1000ms..

You are simply not remembering correctly.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Wasn't this raid one that broke the back of many raiding guilds back in the days?
    Chances are that the majority of those doing this now did it back in the day anyways. So they are just farming what they had on farm already.

Addons don't really give you an advantage in Classic WoW. Bosses have such little and easy mechanics, what are they supposed to tell you? The one thing that would have helped you in BWL, a threat-meter, has been disabled by Blizzard intentionally, and boss timers are still random (as they used be to in classic) so you can't even trust any countdowns. But then the whole Ragnaros fight, that kept thousands of guilds busy back in the days, boils down to me to a simple kockback timer I have to watch. And ranged classes have even less to watch out for. Still the damage of a casual raid guild of random people down this boss with 32 unbuffed raid-members in phase 1.

That's how simple classic raids are.

I thought wow classic was free with a subscription????

Every time a classic raid gets wiped out in like half an hour people always say "wait till the next one"

Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    Every time a classic raid gets wiped out in like half an hour people always say "wait till the next one"
    I'm not denying that classic raids are easy. The mechanics are very simple. But not everyone/every guild is clearing bwl in 42 minutes. Of course people with 15 years experience on private servers and optimal raid comps clear the raids with ease. I mean just look at how many rank 14 people those guilds have. Those weapons give them huge advantages over casual guilds which might struggle with some bosses.

Once again I'm not denying that a classic raid is much easier than any retail heroic/mythic raid, but by the same logic you're implying you could tell mythic nyalotha was easy because limit could clear it in 8 days. 80% of the others guild will probably never down mythic n'zoth before major nerfs/item upgrades.

Long story short: Raids in Classic are not comparable to retail raids in diffculty but not every classic guild is crushing the content like the hardcore guilds can. Even Naxxrams will be cleared on the first day its get launched within a couple of hours (private server already showed that), but that doesn't mean every guild will do so.

The second boss was. Vaelestrasz the Guild Destroyer was his nickname.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Glad to see APES losing the race, well deserved

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    Glad to see APES losing the race, well deserved
    Sad to see APES losing the race, they didn't deserve this.

Not only that, they had addons that could draw in the world. Meaning not only would it say move out of fire, it would draw a circle with an arrow pointing to it telling you the exact optimal place to stand.

10+ Year Old Account
    classic is joke what a waste of resources