15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    1, The Union is lying at worst or distorting the facts about M4A at best.
    2, Being offended for being called a shill while you are shilling for private insurance is ironic.

The one thing I appreciate about you tho, as that you actually admitted that you will be shitposting against Sanders.
    "My toxic attacks against a union are ok because I believe myself to be right so you should shut the hell up because I only see you as a shitposter."

Need some self awareness on aisle 8.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    "My toxic attacks against a union are ok because I believe myself to be right so you should shut the hell up because I only see you as a shitposter."

Need some self awareness on aisle 8.
    Here, I made an effort and looked it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    It will be a bloodbath. Since I will be spending the next 6 months shitposting on Bernie. Sorry, it's contracual payback for the last 5 years. I've been vetting Bernie the past few weeks. There's a mountain of ways to troll Bernie.

Lets see. Bernie's troll army is now tweeting that Pete is unelectable, since "he cant win the black vote".

To discourage black voters if Bernie is the nom. All the GOP has to do is:
    Play clips of 2012 Bernie calling "Obama a disappointment!" Clips of his senior campaign staff saying worse about Obama.
    Play Clips of 2019 Bernie calling Obama "lazy", since he only won 10% of the white vote in Mississippi.

I cant wait until wikileaks gets the raw footage of Bernie's Moscow honeymoon. A former KGB agaent will mysteriously drop it in their laps about October, 2020.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...2#post52085832

So, is calling a self confessed shitposter a shitposter, shitposting now?

Inb4 he goes back and edits his own post.

Also as someone else has already explained the Union is being disingenuous about the reasons why they are attacking M4A, the way they framed their original attack they painted M4A as "taking away healthcare", while also forgetting to mention the fact that the current healthcare plans they provide benefits the union itself economically and politically and actually reduces choice when it comes to the labor market tying employees to their existing healthcare plans. But that's neither here or there.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2020-02-13 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    If anyone takes an objective look at this thread then they will notice quote clearly that the only people behaving like Bernie Bros are the anti-Bernie posters.

I've literally not seen a single hostile forceful pro-Bernie poster on these forums. The anti-Bernie crowd are fighting wind mills.
    Speaking as someone who is on the fence still about which candidate to go for, yeah, they seem to be. No idea what's happening on twitter, or what supposed Sanders supporters are doing on there, but on this forum the anti-Bernie folks are the hostile ones. Was a Warren supporter but by the time they get to my state I'm not sure she'll even be in the race. Pretty much the second someone says "Bernie Bro" I tune them out. The stupid labels are not winning arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Speaking as someone who is on the fence still about which candidate to go for, yeah, they seem to be. No idea what's happening on twitter, or what supposed Sanders supporters are doing on there, but on this forum the anti-Bernie folks are the hostile ones. Was a Warren supporter but by the time they get to my state I'm not sure she'll even be in the race. Pretty much the second someone says "Bernie Bro" I tune them out. The stupid labels are not winning arguments.
    Twitter is a dumpster fire by its very nature. If it stopped existing today, the world would be a better place by tomorrow.

Twitter is just a megaphone that allows the crazy person that used to stand on the street corner shouting at passers-by to now have a global reach.

Is this forum so left-leaning? I haven't seen any Trump supporter at all lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    It's an video game website with a lot of foreign members, mostly from Europe & Canada. Young people, say... under 40, overwhelmingly don't like Trump, and International people, particularly Europeans & Canadians, overwhelmingly don't like Trump. So yeah, the views of this forum is probably more left leaning than your average slice of America.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    There are a few of us on here.

I will give Sanders credit. He does keep to his policies and has dedicated followers. He is at least not a hypocrite about his proposals. Even if they are unrealistic of happening here in the US. And I think he only has about a 25% chance of beating Trump in the general election. But surprises have happened in political elections for sure. Time will tell.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    Both Trump supporters and Bernie Bros are nationalists. One group is right wing nationalism the other is left wing nationalism.

Bernie is not strictly nationalist, but he's certainly not disarming his nationalist base.

And not all Bernie Bros support Bernie anymore: I just use the title to continue capturing the nationalist thought that drove them to Bernie.

The left believes they are immune to fascism and nationalism, and justify this belief because they don't share radicalized thoughts with the opposing wing. Well, we aren't racists!

If there was a Trump in the Democratic Party, it would look nothing like Trump in the Republican Party. It would be a Democrat's version of it. That was my point earlier in equating AOC to Trump. Claiming she isn't Trump because.. she isn't.. Trump.. is quite literally missing the point.
    I don't know what story of educational choices led to you reaching this mindset, but it must have been a wild ride.

5+ Year Old Account
    My main concern is that all of these lackluster candidates would still struggle against Trump. For my own sake I'm better off preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    My main concern is that all of these lackluster candidates would still struggle against Trump. For my own sake I'm better off preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.
    All of the candidates that are basically 5th or higher, poll higher than Trump. Even Bloomberg polls higher than Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    About the only thing making these candidates seem "lackluster" is that there's like 8 of them, sharing the luster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warren needs to drop out and funnel her supporters over to Bernie.

I wonder what a Bernie presidency will look like with Republican senate control.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I'd certainly prepare myself for another term of Trump, if I were American. I expect it to happen.
    Maybe. I'm 60/40 on that belief. We have a 40% chance to remove Trump is Bernie is the nom.

I dont think any others could rally the dems to get out and vote like Bernie can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    It's an video game website with a lot of foreign members, mostly from Europe & Canada. Young people, say... under 40, overwhelmingly don't like Trump, and International people, particularly Europeans & Canadians, overwhelmingly don't like Trump. So yeah, the views of this forum is probably more left leaning than your average slice of America.
    I think most hate Trump because he is an idiot, not because he is right wing. Myself included, and I would be one dirty commie by American standards.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    About the only thing making these candidates seem "lackluster" is that there's like 8 of them, sharing the luster.
    I just don't feel too strongly about any of them, let alone confidence in what they can achieve yet.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd certainly prepare myself for another term of Trump, if I were American. I expect it to happen.
    That is the worst I'm prepping for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    All of the candidates that are basically 5th or higher, poll higher than Trump. Even Bloomberg polls higher than Trump.
    I'm sure a tadpole could poll higher, but that stain is more of a problem than we'd like to give credit.

It’s sad to see so many voters buy into the corporate ghouls’ narrative that Bernie supporters are super toxic. Did you know that in 2016, between Trump, Hillary, and Bernie supporters, Bernie supporters were the least aggressive?
    Last edited by Telogrus; 2020-02-13 at 03:43 PM.

What is it that you wanted but didn't get from any candidates? What is the luster?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    What is it that you wanted but didn't get from any candidates? What is the luster?
    Since my plan is to vote for whoever gets the nominee in the end, the luster is my confidence in their ability to successfully run against Trump. It reminds me hauntingly of Schorske's Fin de siècle Vienna. As flawed as some of it is, some beats are uncomfortably similar.

10+ Year Old Account
    *silently looks up dev jobs in Toronto and Montreal and how to get a visa or whatever to live in Canada . . . *

Honestly, after 3 years of Republicans ignoring every crime, after 3 years of lies and abuses to power and a slow march to authoritarianism and fascism by the right, if Trump wins in 2020, I might just start thinking about leaving.
    Putin khuliyo

Since my plan is to vote for whoever gets the nominee in the end, the luster is my confidence in their ability to successfully run against Trump. It reminds me hauntingly of Schorske's Fin de siècle Vienna. As flawed as some of it is, some beats are uncomfortably similar.
    Ok so what would give you confidence? I see this point made often and I'm genuinely curious what it is that people want but are not getting.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Ok so what would give you confidence? I see this point made often and I'm genuinely curious what it is that people want but are not getting.
    I can't answer you properly, because it's an emotional response to polling probability and shifting identities/approaches in representatives and the populace. If things weren't changing constantly, I might be able to give you a clear answer. It's the sort of discontent I can't accurately describe without some time to reflect on the situation as a whole.