Poll: What is your preferred gearing system?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Keep the current system but make changes to it. I'd like to see some sort of "catalogue". If you scrap a T1 Infinite Stars, because it got bad stats or ilvl, you can put that effect on one item of your choice. If you scrap a 2nd item with T1 Infinite Stars, you can empower a 2nd item with T1 IS. But keep some restrictions, Jewelery/Weapons/Armor. So you can build up your effects, mix and match it to your desire. Something like a wow-friendly Kanai's Cube.
    It's feels bad to do 20% less damage bc you only got avoidance buffs or leech.

I prefer the RNG of there being no RNG, but alas that's what the game has become, and it is appealing to those who could care less about gear and not appealing at all to those who do. It's funny, really.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

10+ Year Old Account
    wrath style of rng
    u get gear from badges, and gear from bosses, zero else
    I can easily count a max of 8 weeks to get my sweet sweet Deathbringer's Will no matter what as worst case, which i did, and it is the BEST trinket i'll get until next exp (or did Ruby Sanctrum drop better? don't remember tbh)
    Right now i'll need a super calculator to count my chance in years to get best trinket in game, assume the game stays as it is until i get it in first place
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

How it was in MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunting Legion Legendaries was really fun imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Ah yes RNG being tied to orange items that could make or break specs was soooooo fucking fun........

/s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharill View Post
    Ah yes RNG being tied to orange items that could make or break specs was soooooo fucking fun........

/s
    Well, I did say "in my opinion". I didn't mind it as much as most people since the other gameplay systems were good. Classes felt fun and there was a lot of content to burn through.

As much bonus stuff as possible. Then maybe I'll bother do a WQ or something in hopes of it becoming an upgrade. If not, there is no reason to play.

- - - Updated - - -

Never tried it. Still got the best or good ones for my almost all the chars I played a little. Just a filthy casual even.
    Mother pus bucket!

Pulling the slot machine lever for Legion Legendaries was really fun imo.
    FTFY - Hunting implies skill and doesn't apply to legiondaries

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Personally i like the idea of corruption style influences but i think it should be changed slightly. Make all gear drop with corruption, and part of the cleansing process, we chose which effect it gets (it rolls what tier, that is fine) or choose to purify.

So item drops:
    Sword of Useful Exampleness
    Itemlevel 9001
    Str yes
    Stam Sure

Corrupted (in spooky text)

Then you have the following options with the corruption.
    Cleanse it entirely and get a socket.
    Partially cleanse and get a target corruption effect. You target the effect but it rolls the tier randomly (to add a bit of randomness).

This allows you to get cool effects, and yet you can cleanse and still be rewarded. Id say if you choose the gamble option, you can then cleanse it but not get the socket due to "item still be slightly tainted".
    I really like the corruption system. Cool effects with a trade-off. The only issue I have is the massive RNG involved. Your idea is good but don't really want every item to be corrupted. Say 20% of them or so. You might get a cool and wanted effect or not, but if you didn't, then you can at least convert the corruption to a currency. Where...
    X of said currency gives you a random corruption on an item.
    Y*X of said currency gives you a random corruption of a specific rank.
    Z*Y*X of said currency gives you a specific rank of a specific currency.

Or something. Then unwanted corrutpions would still be okay to get while still keeping the thrill that a drop would have a good corruption.

As you said, you still work towards something.

It's way more interesting than titanforging at least!
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep it Simple, like it used to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    I really like the corruption system. Cool effects with a trade-off. The only issue I have is the massive RNG involved. Your idea is good but don't really want every item to be corrupted. Say 20% of them or so. You might get a cool and wanted effect or not, but if you didn't, then you can at least convert the corruption to a currency. Where...
    X of said currency gives you a random corruption on an item.
    Y*X of said currency gives you a random corruption of a specific rank.
    Z*Y*X of said currency gives you a specific rank of a specific currency.

Or something. Then unwanted corrutpions would still be okay to get while still keeping the thrill that a drop would have a good corruption.

As you said, you still work towards something.

It's way more interesting than titanforging at least!
    The system i designed gives a flat baseline. If every item is corrupted (except say trinkets or something), then it can safely be assumed that every item will have one socket. This means no matter what, you will not get a comparable item. Right now, if you have a corrupted lower item level set of bracers, and a new set of bracers of a higher itemlevel drops but has no corruption, it typically is not an upgrade. If every item dropped corrupted, it means there is a better chance you can simply rely on Item Level to determine if its an upgrade, especially if it's one of the items you cleansed for a socket.

I do like your idea of a backup currency system. Maybe have it so every item you purify you collect that corruption, and are able to trade it in for a targeted item.

I was also thinking about how a system like this would integrate into Shadowlands. What if each covenant was able to reveal different corruption results from the item. And you were more likely to get a higher tier the more you are liked with the covenant. If the covenants work like reps now, if you got to exalted you could even offer a unique visual effect to the corruption. Also i know people don't like rep gates, but this should be account level, and with the thought of alts being able to skip a lot of stuff in SL, i think that is a realistic request.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Community: WE WANT STATIC ITEMS

Ion: I gotchu fam

8.3: more RNG on gear than ever

Our game director is hopelessly out of touch with what the community wants

drop or not drop AND a badge system so if it doesn't drop i can eventually buy it.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

a well tuned corruption system would have a place in my heart.

Having a clear bis list, and a selection of corruptions to farm out of which none stands out like Echoing void.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Community: WE WANT STATIC ITEMS

Ion: I gotchu fam

8.3: more RNG on gear than ever
    How tf is corruption more rng than TF?

Static gear with upgrades via currency and no *forging.

So SoO with the 0/4 upgrades that you can upgrade with valor but without the war/titanforging. No random gem slots or tertiary stats either and no corruption system
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Static was the only good version, it makes gear more valueable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    How tf is corruption more rng than TF?
    Titanforging was:
    -Gear drops
    -Gear titanforged
    -x to x ilvl increase

Corruption is:
    -Gear drops
    -Gear corrupts
    -Gear chooses one of the corruptions
    -Gear chooses a tier level from that corruption

Am I wrong? I'm actually not 100% sure
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Titanforging was:
    -Gear drops
    -Gear titanforged
    -x to x ilvl increase

Corruption is:
    -Gear drops
    -Gear corrupts
    -Gear chooses one of the corruptions
    -Gear chooses a tier level from that corruption

Am I wrong? I'm actually not 100% sure
    You only need one slot to get good corruption atm (2 on later cloak levels) while TF left you wanting one for all 10 slots.

With static gear everyone is gonna have the exact same gear at the exact same time, might as well remove gear all together. They are happy with the amount of power you get from content right now over the 6 month period. Removing titanforging and all similar systems would just mean that they would have to reduce the amount of gear that drops. This would again lead into a system where unlucky people just never get a weapon for example and you'd feel the same as you do now.

The thing is that in the era of titanforging it has never been the thing that was needed to progress. You've never needed your bis trinket titanforged, socketed with leech. People know they exist and are disappointed having anything else. Personally i can't really think of another system that rewards effort with the same type diminishing returns as titanforging does. Yes you might get lucky on the first week and roll a sick weapon but on average people who play more have better gear with diminishing returns and you will always have at least a theoretical chance of getting better items to help you progress if you feel like it.
    You could have 5 item level upgrades from some shitty currency that costs more and more the higher you get, ending up in 0.5 i level differences in average item levels between the best and worst players. Getting valors from heroic dungeons was a fucking awful grind. I'd rather lose the m+ lottery every time than know that i have to do 4 dungeons every week for 4 weeks to get my bis bracers and gloves, the bracers and gloves everyone else has.

How i do not miss deathbringer's will not dropping for months, or how i never got the weapon from a whole tier of hyjal archimonde kills. That's where it would have to go back to. That or you would be bis geared in a month of a 6 month tier if the amount of regular loot stayed the same without titanforging.