Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So a tldr of tldr would be: blizzard (ion) are satisfied/happy about things.

If that is not blatantly ignoring your customer & asking for more trouble, I dont know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    I am amazed of the amount of people who think Ion is the godking of wow and makes every call alone.

And meanwhile my friendlist shows everyone moving from classic back to retail, which is why evidence like this is no evidence.
    Same actually, loads of people stopped classic even after 1 week (my friends), only 2 people still play it on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    RNG for acquisition is completely irrelevant.
    You completely missed the point of the discussion you butted in. Here is the original post that started this argument:
    Titanforging:

Did the item drop?
    Did it Titanforge?

Corruption:

Did the item drop?
    Did it Corrupt?
    Which trait did you get? (90% are useless for your chosen spec)
    What rank of the trait did you get?
    Can you wear the item? (too much corruption)
    So, yes, it is a discussion about drop RNG.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2020-02-12 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    Didn't take long for the usual condescending reply to this as well..
    Pointing out the tired cliche of "he's a lawyer everything from his mouth is a lie" fallacy is condescending? I suppose if I need to play Captain Obvious here I need to.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Pointing out the tired cliche of "he's a lawyer everything from his mouth is a lie" fallacy is condescending? I suppose if I need to play Captain Obvious here I need to.
    Nah dude. Everybody HATES Ion because he's a lawyer and everybody knows lawyers are BAD. In fact, all educated people are BAD. What we need is a down to Earth nice guy to explain WoW design decisions using colorful graphs and simple monosyllabic words. Personally, I'm hoping Blizzard hires Steve from Blue's Clues for their next lead developer.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like seeing how he and the team feel about things. I honestly appreciate him stepping out and throwing himself to the wolves so often lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post

Yeahimad and you should be too, speak with your wallets folks.
    lol. i dont have to be mad because you're mad. grow up.
    Last edited by justflayin; 2020-02-12 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justflayin View Post
    I like seeing how he and the team feel about things. I honestly appreciate him stepping out and throwing himself to the wolves so often lol
    To be fair, it's been awhile since the devs have done a Q&A. We had 'em up to BoD but they've gone fairly silent as of late. And if you read the first ten or so replies to this thread, can you fucking blame them? This community is a toxic waste pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    which is a problem of balance of corruptions, not of randomness of the system...
    Which is a problem of their shitty testing and tuning during PTR.

Which they are doing nothing to balance except extremely nerfing the outliers.

Which means the RNG is still bat shit insane.

Are you noticing a trend here?

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Which is a problem of their shitty testing and tuning during PTR.
    Nobody uses the PTR.

Which they are doing nothing to balance except extremely nerfing the outliers.
    This is how you properly balance content.

RNG in an MMO! Oh no!

Yeah, you like to shit on Blizzard because you enjoy empty meaningless platitudes from internet strangers.

It's not. It's really, really not.

Of you repeatedly spreading misinformation regarding the RNG differences between WF/TF and corruption? Yes.

I just want a simple gear loot. Nothing's fancy or attachments or special sprinkles all on it... Adding layers of rng BUT RNG WITH LAYERS OF RNG WITH EXTRA LAYERS OF RNG.... I think i'll stick with ff14 for a while till they actually will ever learn...? No?

Ion be like "Guys shut the fuck up and bend over. We will make you comfortable."
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2020-02-13 at 04:15 AM.

Balancing is completely different issue and it's safe to say private servers are doing better job at this than blizzard. One of couple of things I can safely accuse blizzard for.

Like ion said they are balancing around dps/corruption point but I ask where the fuck? Where?

Gushing wounds absolutely destroys everything else for most of the specs and infinite stars being contender.

Nerfs and buffs ar 25-50% doesn't make a sense at all, it means they never did any calculations, even if community is providing them all the tools they need.

I've been recently looking at changelog for some private server and they did balancing updates DAILY! For a past 2 years.
    Their numbers were like 1%, 2% 5% 6.34% and so on.

Like come on, we don't need daily updates but at least let's say balancing by small amounts each 2 weeks would be enough.

But no, blizzard either nerfs to the ground or buffs up to the sky once half of the year, this is simply retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Balancing is completely different issue and it's safe to say private servers are doing better job at this than blizzard. One of couple of things I can safely accuse blizzard for.

Like ion said they are balancing around dps/corruption point but I ask where the fuck? Where?

Gushing wounds absolutely destroys everything else for most of the specs and infinite stars being contender.

Nerfs and buffs ar 25-50% doesn't make a sense at all, it means they never did any calculations, even if community is providing them all the tools they need.

I've been recently looking at changelog for some private server and they did balancing updates DAILY! For a past 2 years.
    Their numbers were like 1%, 2% 5% 6.34% and so on.

Like come on, we don't need daily updates but at least let's say balancing by small amounts each 2 weeks would be enough.

But no, blizzard either nerfs to the ground or buffs up to the sky once half of the year, this is simply retarded.
    I'm pretty sure Blizzard is afraid to do balancing passes because they are operating on spaghetti code and if they change a variable somewhere, the entire game could accidentally break.

"The team..." "The team..." "The team..."...

How many times is "the team" happy over this interview?
    Maybe this is the problem Ion, the team does not need to be happy with something.
    Get ideas from your player base and maybe this game can be great again.

PS: Account bound essences. Is it so hard? Or is the team happy making people repeat a stupid exalted(now revered) grind?

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    I just want a simple gear loot. Nothing's fancy or attachments or special sprinkles all on it... Adding layers of rng BUT RNG WITH LAYERS OF RNG WITH EXTRA LAYERS OF RNG.... I think i'll stick with ff14 for a while till they actually will ever learn...? No?

Ion be like "Guys shut the fuck up and bend over. We will make you comfortable."
    FF14 is a solid option, if you don't like HC raiding or pvp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taquito View Post
    HAHAHHAHAHAHHA

From which side?

The half that wants flying or the half that wants it removed?

The half that likes corruption, or the half that hates it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    FF14 is a solid option, if you don't like HC raiding or pvp.

- - - Updated - - -

HAHAHHAHAHAHHA

From which side?

The half that wants flying or the half that wants it removed?

The half that likes corruption, or the half that hates it?
    Either side is a hundred times better than catering to those who wants to take shortcuts via their credit cards.
    The sad thing is that making a great game is financially much-much better than using tricks to increase monthly active users.

What is even sadder that medium-level management WILL manipulate the numbers to make their stupid decisions "right" - numbers don't lie, eh?
    "There are external forces, which we have no control over, that screws us over! We are doing a perfect job, it's the developers / players fault for not making it good / don't enjoy it properly!"

That's why using Excel to design a game always "looks good" and then fails hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Taquito View Post
    "The team..." "The team..." "The team..."...

How many times is "the team" happy over this interview?
    Maybe this is the problem Ion, the team does not need to be happy with something.

PS: Account bound essences. Is it so hard? Or is the team happy making people repeat a stupid exalted(now revered) grind?
    How is requiring people grind to revered to buy an essence any different from requiring them to grind to revered to buy a good trinket? There isn't. Ion explained it in his interview. Player power should not be account wide. You want power on a character, earn it on that character.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    Either side is a hundred times better than catering to those who wants to take shortcuts via their credit cards.
    The sad thing is that making a great game is financially much-much better than using tricks to increase monthly active users.

What is even sadder that medium-level management WILL manipulate the numbers to make their stupid decisions "right" - numbers don't lie, eh?
    "There are external forces, which we have no control over, that screws us over! We are doing a perfect job, it's the developers / players fault for not making it good / don't enjoy it properly!"

That's why using Excel to design a game always "looks good" and then fails hard.
    If you cater to one of those sides, the other will rage.

That's how we got the current situation where small part of both rage.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post

Yeah, you like to shit on Blizzard because you enjoy empty meaningless platitudes from internet strangers.
    Man, this made me laugh quite a bit, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I'm pretty sure Blizzard is afraid to do balancing passes because they are operating on spaghetti code and if they change a variable somewhere, the entire game could accidentally break.
    Nah, if couple of dudes running a pserver can do it daily, blizzard can certainly do balancing patches each 2 weeks.

It is absolutely retarded some classes can open up with 300k dps on aoe and even more retarded one spec can do 400k, while other classes can't even begin to hope to catch up.

I don't wanna promote any pserver but this one I am talking about is certainly unique. Does balancing patches each 1-3 days and ALSO got their own PTR.
    I skimmed thru last 6 months of their patch notes and it was like 120 pages of them.

Blizzard does one page each 6 months.