Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    No, you are supposed to keep it there till you have some way to seal the wound to stop the bleeding.
    what do you think we should close the wound with?
    So for now we need to keep it in, till we have something to remove it with, and something to seal it with.
    oh also its a planet not a person

and idk, druids and shamans can only do so much. they cant heal a wound THAT big and deep.
    Uh, the planets a Titan. The sword is the reason why BFA happened. Healing the planet and it's WOONS are Magni's purpose.

Who says druids and shamans can't heal it? Also, aren't titan devices capable of terraforming? Specifically Uldum?

If it's "just a planet" then why apply the whole "keep it in there? logic? Your thoughts are just as inconsistent as Blizzard's writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Great!
    That didn't happen if you played the pretty long bossfight so we can move on.
    It did. You fucking Kamehameha him in the most limp dicked cinematic this game has ever seen. Immediately after his "awakening" too.

Nyalotha, a place built up for years is merely a raid. The world went completely unaffected by N'zoth's return, save for Uldum and Vale.

Nothing happened storywise except for the death of an Old God. A death that causes a problem with the lore. WHY didn't the titans do this before? Why did they lock them up instead? Nothing makes sense.

This patch is just insult to injury after 8.2 and how they handled Nazjatar and Azshara. Azshara alone was speculated to be the major villain of her own expansion someday. Yet what we got was Nazjatar's overgrown backyard and a lopsided awakening for N'zoth. And a complete lack of a compelling story for the zone itself.

Blizzard is constantly missing expectations that they themselves set. And you're here to eat it all up anyways. What a joke.

15+ Year Old Account
    I never cared about the story, therefore never got upset by how bad it is. I can only recommend this

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    we removed that threat at the end of Legion, which left Azerite all over the planet.

Considering how much damage the thing did to the Chamber of Heart, which is close to the world-soul, I wouldn't move that thing.
    We supposedly removed it's corruption. There's been foreshadowing afterwards that it's still a threat. It doesn't need part of Sargeras's evil to still be a threat.

There's also the fact it's still a sword lodged inside a Titan. No matter what, you don't leave a penetrating object lodged in your body forever.

The story may be a turd, but blizzard knows how to make turds look good and this time they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Until Blizzard decides to bring them back, in one form or another.

I mean... Gul'dan was dead, wasn't he? Illidan even sucked out all the power from his dead skull to stop Felwood to becoming even MORE corrupted, back in WC3. But... he made a comeback. Illidan died at the end of TBC, but... he made a comeback. Nefarian and Onyxia were dead, too. We personally delivered their heads to our leaders. But they came back.

There is no "headcanon" but a statement of fact: dead people remain dead until Blizzard decides otherwise.

Which they have done so several times already.

Does being condescending in spite of facts make you feel better?

- - - Updated - - -

Again, you're ignoring all differences in order to force an equivalence. The Eye of Sauron is a tower (structure) with an eye atop it. And then you take a wall (structure) with an eye in the middle of it, and say both are the same... because, at some point in that cinematic, there is a tower (without an eye) also crumbling. Never mind that said tower is disconnected from said wall, too.

What's next? Are you going to claim WoW is a LOTR rip-off too, because it has humans, elves, orcs, dwarves and eccentric midgets? And that both once featured a set of powerful rings that were interconnected (WoD's legendary)? Oh, look! Both Jaina and Saruman used to live in towers! LOTR RIP-OFF CONFIRMED!!!!!!!

The two scenes are only "extraordinarily similar" if you force yourself to disregard all other differences.
    So you're saying that the imagery of a crumbling structure with an eyeball that represents the power of the villain which then explodes (how much more specific do I need to get?), the very similar music, and the setting don't matter because one eyeball structure is shaped like this:

O
    ||
    || and the other is like this I---O---I

Yeah man. That's so much different.

Like I said, if you aren't being dishonest or maybe just burying your head in the sand, then I truly worry that you can't connect these dots. There are huge differences between sharing common themes, tropes, character archetypes, etc., and creating a cutscene in your story that deliberately copies the music and cinematic direction of someone else. I'm faaaaar from the only person that recognizes it, as you can see through out this topic and on comments on the WoW video. Some of us consider it a low effort rip-off, others think it should just be considered a homage. You and that other person have just chosen to die on a lonely hill for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    What would a proper ending be? We know we will win... Same as we know Thanos would lose.
    I don't know, maybe story that isn't shitty anime dialogue? Have some weight, character development? The story was quite literally saurfang and Sylvanas, then Azshara tricking us into awakening N'zoth, then N'zoth dying almost immediately after.

His decade long grand scheme was to free himself and then...?

The expansion should've been full faction war through and through. Wrap up the faction war story and leave it behind forever after. Not to mention the sword being dealt with as it should be.

The next expansion should've been an old god expansion with Azshara being the catalyst. here is when we should learn N'zoth had been freed. Sylvanas could mysteriously disappear for a while so we get a chance to stop seeing her for once. The .1 of this patch should have immediate side effects of N'zoth's freedom and continue in .2 and we should finally be able to put an end to him in .3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    The story may be a turd, but blizzard knows how to make turds look good and this time they didn't.
    Absolutely this. Their decade long build up just fizzled out into a fucking turd.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post
    Because movies coming from comics that have been coming around for more than 3 decades, and yeah that movies, something created just for the story not a game, can be compared to a game.

Try to use another parallel, please, this one is just... not okay, they can't be compared.
    It absolutely can be compared. The MCU was how many years in works? Definitely close to N'zoth's build up.

One company knew how to deliver on the expectations and build up. The other had absolutely no fucking clue.

Infinity War is not the culmination of 30 years. The comic series was pumped out in substantially less time than that.

I'm talking about the movie universe here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    While objects that are sticking out of the skin are removed, typically it's more dangerous to remove things like bullet fragments than leave them inside the body. Like a fragment of shrapnel of any sort needs to be close to a major nerve or organ before they'll consider removing it. For the most part things like bullets are sterile since they are so hot from the gunpowder and they tend to fracture as well leaving multiple pieces that would require multiple surgeries that would be even harder on the body than leaving the foreign object inside.

And yes, druids and shaman could fill the crater, but that's a far cry from removing the sword. Might actually be kinda cool to see 2 or 3 expansions down the road what they end up doing. Maybe give it a Desolace treatment or even make it the new home of the Night Elves with them planting a world tree to grow around the sword?

What matters is that Magni at the end says Azeroth is finally truly healing from the wound so she'll stop gushing Azerite everywhere. Removing one of the driving maguffins of the expansion.
    Luckily the sword isn't shrapnel then.

I have no doubt we won't hear of the sword ever again. Maybe it'll be referenced or mentioned by someone, but it won't have a role to play from here on out.

This is the last we see of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I agree, the Old Gods demonstrated that they were absolutely NO threat Sargeras couldn't handle. The only question really is why was he wasting time floating around in a cloud surrounding Azeroth instead of just cleaving the planet immediately? Oh, because the story had to happen...

So in the end, the Old Gods suck and Sargeras is a moron. All to build up the Void Lords as a threat and I'm sure we just push them over too.
    It's...a little more complicated than that. Sargeras didn't know about Azeroth's location, and when he did, he wanted to corrupt her so that he and Azeroth could become a demonic couple or something like that. Something akin to Satan's obsession over God, or Homura's obsession over Madoka.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    We supposedly removed it's corruption. There's been foreshadowing afterwards that it's still a threat. It doesn't need part of Sargeras's evil to still be a threat.

There's also the fact it's still a sword lodged inside a Titan. No matter what, you don't leave a penetrating object lodged in your body forever.
    I dont think the planets crust is part of the titan, considering they are born as spirits and not physical beings

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    C'thun was killed in the patch he was introduce. Yogg was killed in the middle of the expansion he was introduce.... Why would N'zoth be different.
    That unlike C'thun and Yogg, N'zoth has been hinted for like a decade.
    You yourself state the reason why N'zoth is different.

No one seriously complained over G'huun dying in the very patch that introduced him and he's an Old God as well, altough artificially created.

If you build up a villain over the course of multiple expansions and even his chief underling gets his own expansion, you are setting up expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    And an whole expansion based on Azshara or N'Zoth, not happening, not when people cried all WOD and Legion that they had to fight against Orc and Demon during an entire expansion.
    WoD - It had the issue that we've been fighting Orcs since 5.3 and that SoO lasted on whole year, only to be then dropped onto an orc filled continent.
    Legion - Most of the 7.0 content didn't involve much fighting demon ironically, because they knew people were sick of fighting demon infested places from a year of HFC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexosaurus View Post
    Yeah man. That's so much different.
    Yes. Very different.

Also: give me a f*cking break with this "the music scores are so similar" BS. It's a "basic victory" score beats: the music stars slow then starts rising as the villain falls. Listen to Archimonde's death cinematic: the music score has almost the same beats, for example. Look at the Legion ending cinematic. Again: the same type of music. It's not "ripping off" anything.

Like I said, if you aren't being dishonest
    I'm not. You are. You are blatantly ignoring all differences to force equivalences.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

it was literally the same ending as deathwing in cataclysm, except instead of thrall shooting the laser, it was the player.

blizzard thinking they did us some kind of service by saying "well you guys wanted to be the ones destroying the boss"

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    it was literally the same ending as deathwing in cataclysm, except instead of thrall shooting the laser, it was the player.

blizzard thinking they did us some kind of service by saying "well you guys wanted to be the ones destroying the boss"
    Like seriously what the fuck is their thought process?

Doyyy N'zoth so big and stronk so sword and magic cannot kill. What make kill N'zoth? Big big lazer! Big big lazer kill N'zoth because big big lazer stronk

7+ Year Old Account
    Until Blizzard decides to bring them back, in one form or another.

I mean... Gul'dan was dead, wasn't he? Illidan even sucked out all the power from his dead skull to stop Felwood to becoming even MORE corrupted, back in WC3. But... he made a comeback. Illidan died at the end of TBC, but... he made a comeback. Nefarian and Onyxia were dead, too. We personally delivered their heads to our leaders. But they came back.

There is no "headcanon" but a statement of fact: dead people remain dead until Blizzard decides otherwise.

Which they have done so several times already.

Does being condescending in spite of facts make you feel better?

- - - Updated - - -

Again, you're ignoring all differences in order to force an equivalence. The Eye of Sauron is a tower (structure) with an eye atop it. And then you take a wall (structure) with an eye in the middle of it, and say both are the same... because, at some point in that cinematic, there is a tower (without an eye) also crumbling. Never mind that said tower is disconnected from said wall, too.

What's next? Are you going to claim WoW is a LOTR rip-off too, because it has humans, elves, orcs, dwarves and eccentric midgets? And that both once featured a set of powerful rings that were interconnected (WoD's legendary)? Oh, look! Both Jaina and Saruman used to live in towers! LOTR RIP-OFF CONFIRMED!!!!!!!

The two scenes are only "extraordinarily similar" if you force yourself to disregard all other differences.
    You mean a different dimernsion gul´dan? Yeah shure let´s use someone from a different dimension to show that your point is moot...

Given the power creep from launch to now, I don't know how people can realistically expect an impactful story arc. I really don't.

Once you're killing gods and planets and titans where the hell do you go? Death?

Is death, death, if you can Port out of it?

I think this is a genre limitation and it's gotten so far past any sort of individual characters realism that the story has No Chance Whatsoever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Imagine creating high tech laser beam and then monkeys teaching you how to use it because you are giant idiot who by killing octopus can only mean "riping it out" and not using said laser.

Titans deserved to be anihilated.

- - - Updated - - -

Because we are CHAMPIONS OF AZEROTH!!!!11

Oh and DRAENOR IS FREEEEEEE
    Using the laser beam on Azeroth would have ended all life on Azeroth, yes also killed the old gods, but also wiped out all other life. Instead we used it in nylotha, a realm of the old gods. Meaning Azeroth is safe, but the old god is still zippy zapped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Yes. Very different.

Also: give me a f*cking break with this "the music scores are so similar" BS. It's a "basic victory" score beats: the music stars slow then starts rising as the villain falls. Listen to Archimonde's death cinematic: the music score has almost the same beats, for example. Look at the Legion ending cinematic. Again: the same type of music. It's not "ripping off" anything.

I'm not. You are. You are blatantly ignoring all differences to force equivalences.
    Dude. I could apparently make a game called World of WarRaft, starring such characters as the undead Lich Emperor Darthas and the Dusk Elf Fiend Hunter Il-dan, and you'd be none the wiser.

Those scenes are not very different and I haven't ignored anything. There is a skin-deep aesthetic difference between the wall and the tower, and the structures exploding into light vs. rubble, and Sauron having a fire eyeball vs a cthulu-type eyeball. Those are the only differences. The symbology and focus upon them are entirely the same, especially when you combine the music, the setting, and cinematic direction. If it was just any one of those things then it wouldn't have mattered, but taken all together, it's quite obvious that this was deliberate. If you can't at least hear the almost identical choral backdrop and how the rise at the beginning of both of those towers crumbling is pretty much the same, then you're bonkers. Their other music is certainly in the same vein and they have rising and falling melodies, but they're both absolutely distinctly different from the way that RotK and N'zoth's cutscene sound.

You can scream "FALSE EQUIVALENCIES" as much as you want, but that doesn't make it true. There are people in this topic and all over the video that affirm the striking similarities of the two scenes, and I promise that we didn't all conspire together. It's really a pretty easy line to draw. I've even showed it to other people without any prompt besides "Does that remind you of something?", and they all immediately jumped to Return of the King. But hey man, if you want to live your life in denial, that's your prerogative. I just hope that no one relies on you for any type of analytical work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    • Ten years spent building up to the final old god.
    • Six years hyping up the old god threat, since Sargeras was so terrified of them that is why he created the Legion in the first place.
    • Four years hyping N'zoth's master plan, what with the Emerald Nightmare raid and the whispers from Xal'atath.
    • One year hyping N'zoth wrecking Azeroth after he was released at the end of the Azshara raid.
    • N'zoth finally takes center stage.
    • lol he had no plan at all and falls over to a DBZ laser beam, having accomplished absolutely nothing.
    and the first post is the winner...

also would like to add that the first warcraft history book (wow: chronicle vol. 1) basically laid all of this out like the old testament or just the book of genesis. So going into this second half of the expansion felt like a "oh, so now it comes full circle".

nope

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Luckily the sword isn't shrapnel then.

I have no doubt we won't hear of the sword ever again. Maybe it'll be referenced or mentioned by someone, but it won't have a role to play from here on out.

This is the last we see of it.
    Yeah, but how are we supposed to remove it? It's the size of Mt Hyjal in height and goes deep enough that we can't get down there.

All the ships in game - space or air - are too small to move it. We can't mine the thing out.

Oh, I've got it, let's get that gnome from the day deathwing came quest to show up with his world shrinker and he can pull it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Given the power creep from launch to now, I don't know how people can realistically expect an impactful story arc. I really don't.

Once you're killing gods and planets and titans where the hell do you go? Death?

Is death, death, if you can Port out of it?

I think this is a genre limitation and it's gotten so far past any sort of individual characters realism that the story has No Chance Whatsoever.
    this is what killed the game lore wise. when we became these epically powerful god heroes that are individually responsible for saving the planet over, and over again.
    up until Cata, we were simply soldiers, in an army, fighting what our superiors told us to. the threats felt like threats and the big baddies were these untouchable god things.
    the players are now the god things and there are zero enemies that feel like any kind of threat.
    they have us going to kill death ffs...