Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post
    1. Vereesa (murderous race-traitor who almost abandoned her children because she forgot they existed)
    2. Med'an (thank goodness he's practically not canon)
    3. Rhonin (ginger Gary-Stu, need I say more?)
    4. Alexstrasza (claims to be the Life-Binder, lets Lordaeron and Quel'Thalas get genocided and rarely ever helps mortals unless her own clutch is in danger as well)
    5. Garrosh ("You abandoned me, Green Daddy!" and a lot of wasted potential for a Doomhammer-esque Horde renaissance)
    That made me laugh.

About Alextrasza, I'm still unclear on what role the dragons are intended to play even when they were Aspects, and if they are supposed to interfere in mortal affairs. Part of me thinks they are only supposed to act on external or above mortal level threats to the planet (Deathwing and Malygos going mad, or Legion/Old God/Void Lords conflicts), but Horde and Alliance warfare? Almost seems petty for Aspects to get involved in. Blizzard's lore is inconsistent though, so eh.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    Most of the pandarian characters fill top 5 for me. They always feel so out of place and forced in there to me.
    That's because they were forced in there and never belonged to the warcraft universe in the first place. They were a joke scribbled on a napkin for fun, this is not a joke. This race never should have been in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    That made me laugh.

About Alextrasza, I'm still unclear on what role the dragons are intended to play even when they were Aspects, and if they are supposed to interfere in mortal affairs. Part of me thinks they are only supposed to act on external or above mortal level threats to the planet (Deathwing and Malygos going mad, or Legion/Old God/Void Lords conflicts), but Horde and Alliance warfare? Almost seems petty for Aspects to get involved in. Blizzard's lore is inconsistent though, so eh.
    I would argue that the Scourge was an existential threat worthy of a "Life Binder's" attention. Certainly when it threatened two nations (and, with the fall of one, almost the wiping out of an entire sapient species (one that, almost insultingly in light of the Red flight's inaction, most dragons imitate in their mortal forms)). Her consort tried to do something, at least, but he arrived too late and the most he could do was hide away the remaining spark of the Sunwell (in that clusterfuck of convoluted writing that is the Anveena plot).

Ysera, at least, often took on a hands on approach when the realm she was tasked with protecting - nature and the Dream - was under threat. She gave her life fulfilling this duty which is more than can be said of Alexstrasza or the other aspects who all went mad and/or worked directly against their dominions (Nozdormu/Murozond).

But, you're right. Blizzard's writing on the Aspects has been all over the place. Had they a clear idea of what they wanted to do with them as WoW progressed, they would have played a fundamental and very visible role in the Third War (WC3). But, as it stands, the most we see iirc is Arthas making gimps of the Blues.

Nathanos
    Nathanos
    Nathanos
    Nathanos
    Nathanos

Was gonna make a top 10 but then I realized that every WoW character is kinda cringe, and the rest didn’t really stand out from each other compared to the top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post
    I would argue that the Scourge was an existential threat worthy of a "Life Binder's" attention. Certainly when it threatened two nations (and, with the fall of one, almost the wiping out of an entire sapient species (one that, almost insultingly in light of the Red flight's inaction, most dragons imitate in their mortal forms)). Her consort tried to do something, at least, but he arrived too late and the most he could do was hide away the remaining spark of the Sunwell (in that clusterfuck of convoluted writing that is the Anveena plot).

Ysera, at least, often took on a hands on approach when the realm she was tasked with protecting - nature and the Dream - was under threat. She gave her life fulfilling this duty which is more than can be said of Alexstrasza or the other aspects who all went mad and/or worked directly against their dominions (Nozdormu/Murozond).

But, you're right. Blizzard's writing on the Aspects has been all over the place. Had they a clear idea of what they wanted to do with them as WoW progressed, they would have played a fundamental and very visible role in the Third War (WC3). But, as it stands, the most we see iirc is Arthas making gimps of the Blues.
    Right, so a case can definitely be made that Alexstrasza should have gotten off her ass and helped Lordaeron and Quel'telas during The Third War since The Scourge was a creation of The Legion, but maybe not so much in Battle for Azeroth, especially because at the end of Cataclysm they apparently ceased to be aspects and left humanity to fend for itself.

15+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that makes me cringe is really bad dialogue, whether it is due to the writing or the acting; usually the former, and I always feel bad for the actors who have to say the crappy lines. With that in mind:

Malfurion in Legion
    Magni in BFA
    Eitrigg in the Drustvar starting scene (a fabled Orc would not stutter and stammer out of fear...of anything)
    Most of the Goblin NPC's (we don't need to be reminded of their greed in every. single. sentence.)
    Talanji, and Zandalari females by extension: I just don't think were portrayed well, vocally.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    I said ALL, not one. Anyway, Sylvannas only did it once.
    Well, Sylvanas is the greatest traitor to the Horde, so.. I suppose she did deserve several slots for herself.

Baine and Calia.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Baine and Calia.
    Calia is pretty cool imo. I was really happy to see her return as a prominent character during before the storm. But I can see why you'd find the whole lightforged forsaken thing kinda cringe.

Baine is probably the most rational and peaceful leader in the horde, it's because of him and Saurfang that there IS still a horde lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Right, so a case can definitely be made that Alexstrasza should have gotten off her ass and helped Lordaeron and Quel'telas during The Third War since The Scourge was a creation of The Legion, but maybe not so much in Battle for Azeroth, especially because at the end of Cataclysm they apparently ceased to be aspects and left humanity to fend for itself.
    I'd agree with that assessment. Though maybe the Red dragonflight should act as something allegorical to UN peacekeepers in particularly grizzly mortal on mortal warfare (perhaps preventing things like Teldrassil from happening?) but then if the dragons were that interventionist, I imagine a lot of Azeroth's mortals would understandably accuse them of benevolent tyranny.

Tyrande and Malfurion (Val'sharah chain as worst offender) take the cake.

Also, how is Med'an on the poll if he isn't even on fucking WoW?

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Grom (original)
    2. Grom (AU)
    3. Sylvanas
    4. Saurfang
    5. Lilian Voss

Quote Originally Posted by youallsuckok View Post
    tyrandEE i need yooouu
    That's still Xavius.
    Tyrande's responses, however, were real, and cringy. But what can you expect? I think Blizzard has a boner for shitting on Tyrande.

Anduin
    notthanos
    sylvanas
    thrall
    baine
    tyrande
    miaev
    everybody this game is cringe for losers

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

ah yeah you're right, still it ruined him for me xd

1.Nathanos: His one character trait is his a cunt

2.Tyrande: Something something MY BELOVED something something HORDE SCUM. Her val'sarah was actively infuriating for me.

3. Karioz: Maybe more pathetic then cringe? Still ehhh

4. Hogger: Never played ally so i never did the hogger raid etc so i never had an attachment to him as was
    But his appearance in the jail dunegon where he willed it so the prison warden went blind.....

5. Main blood elf demon hunter: all the edge with none of the charm of illidan.

Mentions of Honour: Ever single fucking one note pop culture reference character.

Quote Originally Posted by Grythletubs View Post
    Calia is pretty cool imo. I was really happy to see her return as a prominent character during before the storm. But I can see why you'd find the whole lightforged forsaken thing kinda cringe.
    The cringe appears when you figure out the great scheme. She is just made here to make Forsaken become carbon copies of Stormwind humans. Her being the only lightforged undead, although the Light could have resurrected Uther, Tyrion and so on, is also irritating.
    Baine is probably the most rational and peaceful leader in the horde, it's because of him and Saurfang that there IS still a horde lol.
    What makes Baine rational? His entire political doctrine is to sacrifice everything to save Alliance lifes. He would kill Cairne if it could help Garithos.

If people hate Azshara for allying with Legion, why is Baine acceptable? Both of them treat their people as expendable resources for their own goals.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Ignoring using it just to get at characters I don't like except Anduin I can't keep it to five because I'd include everyone involved in the Uldum story in Cataclysm. One quest as Indiana Jones, fair enough, five quests, okay - an entire half of the fucking zone, not so much. In fact, nevermind, most reference characters can go here. And Sira - unless the book massively fixes her that whinging bitch is dire

5. Sira
    4. Keeshan
    3. Horatio Laine
    2. Flintlocke
    1. Anduin Harrison Jones
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2020-02-13 at 08:49 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 Tyrande
    2 Tyrande
    3 Tyrande
    4 Tyrande
    5 Tyrande