Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yeah, sure. Everyone who doesn't like what I like is a troll.

And a 20 sec cutscene of the baddy exploding is a perfect finale to an expansion.
    I never said that many of the dislikes weren't valid.

What I said was that after a certain point you have to ignore them because they don't matter anymore. Any possible feedback to be given through the dislike of something gets lost in a chorus of vague anger.

The like and dislike button are vague metrics to begin with but when everything you put out just gets insta-bombed with nothing but dislikes then the people hitting that button aren't making a judgment on the content. It becomes meaningless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kharill View Post
    No. It's not trolling.

It deserves to be "dislike bombed" if that's what we're calling disliking something these days to cover up a product being garbage. Shit will be disliked and good stuff will be liked.

That video being disliked is because the majority are unhappy with the cinematic. Fact.

And I mean if what Blizzard were putting out wasn't shit aka WC3 Reforged then it wouldn't be getting disliked. Isn't rocket science.
    And what does WC3 Reforged have to do with a WoW cinematic then?

It's not judging the content, it's just generalized anger which is not only unconstructive but it just doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    I never said that many of the dislikes weren't valid.

What I said was that after a certain point you have to ignore them because they don't matter anymore. Any possible feedback to be given through the dislike of something gets lost in a chorus of vague anger.

The like and dislike button are vague metrics to begin with but when everything you put out just gets insta-bombed with nothing but dislikes then the people hitting that button aren't making a judgment on the content. It becomes meaningless.

- - - Updated - - -

And what does WC3 Reforged have to do with a WoW cinematic then?

It's not judging the content, it's just generalized anger which is not only unconstructive but it just doesn't matter.
    Seems like a convenient excuse to dismiss people's dissatisfaction with a 20 second Lord of the Rings cutscene as the finale to the expansion.

Yeah, but how are we supposed to remove it? It's the size of Mt Hyjal in height and goes deep enough that we can't get down there.

All the ships in game - space or air - are too small to move it. We can't mine the thing out.

Oh, I've got it, let's get that gnome from the day deathwing came quest to show up with his world shrinker and he can pull it out!
    Ech sword is a sword, nothing special about it. And yes, we have technology in lore to shrink items.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    You mean a different dimernsion gul´dan? Yeah shure let´s use someone from a different dimension to show that your point is moot...
    From another dimension, yes. But it's still the exact same character. Same backstory, same motivations, same powers, same allegiances.

Also, funny how you completely ignored the other three examples I gave that shoot down your "gotcha!" attempt.

Also, just as some icing on the cake: in Shadowmoon Valley, TBC, there is an area where we see a few NPCs trying to do... something to a pool of fel, and hovering above it is a giant image of C'Thun's eye.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rexosaurus View Post
    Dude. I could apparently make a game called World of WarRaft, starring such characters as the undead Lich Emperor Darthas and the Dusk Elf Fiend Hunter Il-dan, and you'd be none the wiser.
    Nice try, but your 'reductio ad absurdum' fails, because all you did was take an already established story and just slightly changed names and titles.

The N'Zoth's death cinematic doesn't even come close to your absurd there. A music with similar scores have been played in many other games and movies where the heroes beat what looks to be an insurmountable threat. Old Gods have been shown to grow eyes, mouths, tentacles and whatever out of any area they have spread their influence to, since vanilla. Blizzard could've made N'Zoth's eye be on the floor and you'd still be complaining about "LOTR RIPOFF!"

There is no "deliberate" anything, other than your attempts to force this idea that Blizzard is ripping off LOTR's ending.

You can scream "FALSE EQUIVALENCIES" as much as you want, but that doesn't make it true.
    One: I'm not "screaming"
    Two: I can flip this right back at you: "you can scream "I'M NOT WRONG" as much as you want, but that doesn't make it true."

Those who are constantly comparing the two music and themes are doing the same thing you are: ignoring all differences to force a false equivalence.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like a convenient excuse to dismiss people's dissatisfaction with a 20 second Lord of the Rings cutscene as the finale to the expansion.
    So, they're complaining about nothing, since that never happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Even the music was similar. It's not even remotely subtle.

I really dislike the in-game cinematics. They're better than they were a few years ago but they just look bad. The only one I've ever liked was the one with Aggramar on Argus where he jumped in and the player character was ready to fight his ass, that was pretty cool.

Also N'Zoth went down like a chump despite all of that buildup.

IMO I was hoping Azeroth would be involved more. Like an avatar of her shows up when we're about to join the hentai fanclub and deals the final blow. We've spent this entire expansion healing Azeroth and she's still sleeping? I get that N'Zoth was attacking her directly, but she's supposed to be the most powerful titan. Instead we won with the power of friendship which is just so lame.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Ech sword is a sword, nothing special about it. And yes, we have technology in lore to shrink items.
    No. We have the technology in the game, but the game isn't the lore and is full of mechanics and inventions that don't exist or aren't common.

Or do you really think everyone has an Ashbringer now?

No. We have the technology in the game, but the game isn't the lore and is full of mechanics and inventions that don't exist or aren't common.

Or do you really think everyone has an Ashbringer now?
    Now but i believe there is champion of order hall who had ashbringer, now just a regular piece of metal.

Yeah, but how are we supposed to remove it? It's the size of Mt Hyjal in height and goes deep enough that we can't get down there.

All the ships in game - space or air - are too small to move it. We can't mine the thing out.

Oh, I've got it, let's get that gnome from the day deathwing came quest to show up with his world shrinker and he can pull it out!
    Get the elements involved. Deepholm earth and lava elementals to push from below, Water elementals to lube things, air elementals above to stabilize. Maybe add in some trees and such on the surface to help.

Either that or open a mega-portal ala Illidan/Argus and just push the sword into outer space or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    • Ten years spent building up to the final old god.
    • Six years hyping up the old god threat, since Sargeras was so terrified of them that is why he created the Legion in the first place.
    • Four years hyping N'zoth's master plan, what with the Emerald Nightmare raid and the whispers from Xal'atath.
    • One year hyping N'zoth wrecking Azeroth after he was released at the end of the Azshara raid.
    • N'zoth finally takes center stage.
    • lol he had no plan at all and falls over to a DBZ laser beam, having accomplished absolutely nothing.
    Why has this thread continued for 15 pages when it was over in the first reply?

Everything about 8.3 is lazy. What a shame.

Wow...head in the sand much? You're arguing that it wasn't an exact copy. Fine. But even you can't be so blind as to ignore the obvious inspiration for that final scene. There's very little, if any, creativity that went into it. And it borrowed HEAVILY from the finale of Lord of the Rings, even if it wasn't a copy/paste.

I don't get it.

Nyalotha book-ends Uldir, with lots of parallels in each raid. We spend the entire 8.3 patch taking over and re-energizing the reorigination array. In the raid itself we are placing anchor-points to target the thing.

Then we get to the final boss, fighting in his literal brain, at the end of it we succumb to his madness but then get a whisper from the Speaker Magni that allows us to rally and we use our heart of Azeroth to act as the final anchor point and to channel the reorigination array. Ending N'Zoth and freeing Azeroth from the corruption of the final Old God.

Now I get that there's still the loose-end of the giant freakin' sword in Silithis, though there's an implication from Magni that now that N'Zoth is gone Azeroth will be able to finally heal herself. Kinda like using anti-biotics to cure a nasty infection which then let's a septic cut heal up since the body isn't fighting the infection anymore.

But what exactly is the problem?
    sorry cant understand what you said because I played alliance and have no idea why we even raided uldir.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Sargeras was not afraid of the old gods, he was afraid of what happens when the void takes over a titan soul - yes it would be done through the old gods, but he saw a planet that was overrun by them, and the world soul being twisted and corrupted to allow a void titan.

That scared him, because a void titan would be stronger than any of the titans, even azeroth. So he went on a crusade destroying everything, every planet, every world soul, to make sure the void never succeeded in that plan.

He also wanted to harness azeroths power for himself, like he harnessed argus. He only stabbed azeroth because he lost, and he didnt want to give up what he viewed as being his. That's why during the argus fight he does not simply slash azeroth in half, he doesn't want to blow up azeroth or destroy the planet, he wants to harness azeroth for himself.
    so why does he attack draenor ? we were told that draenor has/had no world soul if I remember correctly.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    sorry cant understand what you said because I played alliance and have no idea why we even raided uldir.
    Yeah, its not like we ended killing a Alliance commander who sacrificed soldiers to G'hun after siding with the Blood Trolls. We raided Uldir because there was an old god inside and that is pretty much all the reason any veteran adventurer would need.

Nice try, but your 'reductio ad absurdum' fails, because all you did was take an already established story and just slightly changed names and titles.
    Naw my man, Lich Emperor Darthus is completely different. He killed his mother, Queen Merenas, and he has a soul-stealing hammer and the Boots of Dominion. Those are all much different from Frostmourne, the Helm of Dominion, and the Frozen Throne, so I'm in the clear right? When he dies I'll make sure to have his club explode into ice shards instead of shattering into pieces, and I'll change the tune of the song a little bit from the normal Lich King finale. The overall similarity of the scene and the symbology behind it don't matter because long as there are different shapes, it's all gravy baby!

This is an extreme example of course that also steals their story, but considering how much trouble you're having at grasping this, I felt a heavy hand would be required. Blizzard just did the Lite version of this. They took the scene from LotR, dressed it up a little bit with N'zoth stuff, and then pushed it out the door as the finale to the entire expansion.

The N'Zoth's death cinematic doesn't even come close to your absurd there. A music with similar scores have been played in many other games and movies where the heroes beat what looks to be an insurmountable threat. Old Gods have been shown to grow eyes, mouths, tentacles and whatever out of any area they have spread their influence to, since vanilla. Blizzard could've made N'Zoth's eye be on the floor and you'd still be complaining about "LOTR RIPOFF!"

There is no "deliberate" anything, other than your attempts to force this idea that Blizzard is ripping off LOTR's ending.
    Once again you're just trying to split hairs and focus on minute differences that don't matter. I'm not accusing them of stealing the story; I'm saying that the sequence of the tower crumbling and then the wall with the eye that widens in shock/pain and makes a sound before exploding along with their music is just a rip-off of RotK. Adding a few tentacles and changing the tower into a wall isn't enough to erase the similarities.
    One: I'm not "screaming"
    Two: I can flip this right back at you: "you can scream "I'M NOT WRONG" as much as you want, but that doesn't make it true."

Those who are constantly comparing the two music and themes are doing the same thing you are: ignoring all differences to force a false equivalence.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah dude, everyone that immediately picked up on super obvious parallels is crazy! That's definitely much more likely than a case of someone digging in their heels about something that they're quite obviously wrong about.
    Last edited by Rexosaurus; 2020-02-13 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    It's...a little more complicated than that. Sargeras didn't know about Azeroth's location, and when he did, he wanted to corrupt her so that he and Azeroth could become a demonic couple or something like that. Something akin to Satan's obsession over God, or Homura's obsession over Madoka.
    That's a stupid reason not to cleave Azeroth. Blizzard giving him a reason to not cleave Azeroth does not automatically make it a VALID reason. The reasoning you provided makes Sargeras a joke, a moron, a bumbling fool. Do you understand that? The cinematic DESTROYED Sargeras as a character. He is not a compelling threat. He is comedy.

I could create a "dangerous" villain but write him such that he won't venture outside the woods because he thinks the world is flat and that he will fall off the edge if he enters town. That doesn't make him not stupid.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

You can't ever argue with the fanboi's, blizz can do no wrong in their mind, they would eat Ion's shit off their mother's ass if blizz told them to.

Even the music was similar. It's not even remotely subtle.
    The music of Sauron's death and N'Zoth's death feel similar because both share the same theme: overcoming what seems to be an insurmountable threat. Listen to the Archimonde death cinematic music in WoD, for example.

We have a tower crumbling, and a wall with an eye crumbling and exploding. ZOMG IT'S SAURON'S EYE TOWER!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Wow...head in the sand much? You're arguing that it wasn't an exact copy. Fine. But even you can't be so blind as to ignore the obvious inspiration for that final scene. There's very little, if any, creativity that went into it. And it borrowed HEAVILY from the finale of Lord of the Rings, even if it wasn't a copy/paste.
    Inspiration? Maybe.

"ZOMG COPY-PASTE RIP-OFF EVEN THE MUSIC IS THE SAME!!1!one!!"? No.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rexosaurus View Post
    Naw my man, Lich Emperor...
    And doubling-down on the failed absurdity. Ok.

Once again you're just trying to split hairs and focus on minute differences that don't matter.
    "Minute" differences that, when put together, make for a big difference. And "don't matter"? Perhaps for you, since they interfere on your narrative.

Yeah dude, everyone that immediately picked up on super obvious parallels is crazy!
    I mean, you equated Sauron's eye tower to one eye-less tower and one giant wall with an eye... as the same thing.

And again, this is just dumb outrage. If you stopped and checked other scenarios around the media where the heroes beat what looks to be an insurmountable threat, you'll find out that the music scores are very similar, with the music starting low and going stronger the more the "evil" crumbles.

Inspiration? Maybe.

"ZOMG COPY-PASTE RIP-OFF EVEN THE MUSIC IS THE SAME!!1!one!!"? No..
    I literally just said it wasn't a copy paste.

But come on now. There's so little in that cinematic that is new or creative. Even you have to admit that. And for a final scene with this amount od buildup, it's shameful how weak it is.

I think you just dont want to admit it.

N'zoth enters Azeroth.
    N'zoth dies...

Good... story????

7+ Year Old Account
    We know Blizzard can make awesome cinematics, so we really expected more when we defeated the last boss of the expansion
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.