10+ Year Old Account
    @Zatheyll Ouch! Stay well! Ix is not going to be happy with the adjusted reporting statistics and we will probably see more things tightened up in the next week.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    there is now a reported case in texas.
    https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020...onio-cdc-says/
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

So this dog was the source of the virus? Even if he is, this is not the way to do it.
    Warning: Don't watch if you have a soft heart.
    -snip-
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-02-14 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sabe View Post
    So this dog was the source of the virus? Even if he is, this is not the way to do it.
    -snip-
    Damn, they could have done that way more quick and painless. (how about use a fucking bullet or something) That's fucked up.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-02-14 at 12:45 AM.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

5+ Year Old Account
    I keep thinking this is nature’s kind way of saying to humans quick fucking up.

I fear something worse will appear in the future if certain cultures don’t change to respect nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    -snip-
    do you have a source other than twitter?
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-02-14 at 12:46 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmouse View Post
    We have a different focus, you're looking at property. I'm looking at the lesson the kids are going to see. To each their own, I work with spoiled rich kids, so I'm probably a bit sensitive to situations that make me wonder why the hell they're turning out like that. The answers that I find often trace back to helicopter parenting.
    Nonsense. Having a couple weeks of emergency supplies has zero to do with helicopter parenting, nor is teaching your kids to plan ahead and be prepared for an emergency bad advice. Having supplies for an emergency be it earthquake, virus outbreak, or something else is just common sense. Unless of course you also have a problem with fire drills then please continue with your bizarre idea of how people should live their lives and prepare(not prepare) for potential emergencies.

The virus doesn't seem to have had much impact globally. Doom off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    complacency is what leads to disaster.

15+ Year Old Account
    Really, stop sharing animal abuse. It's just going to fuel hate and racism.
    Also, the early video is pretty brutal, please remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Well, WHO said that there is no evidence cats and dogs can get corona virus. So we should support them kill animals for no reason?
    They kill Uighurs too, shall we ignore that too?
    How about sending a man to sleep with your wife while you are in a labor camp?
    https://www.businessinsider.com/chin...report-2019-11
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9185861.html

You were saying hate and racism? Hmm, why don't we protest these websites too? They are fueling hate and racism!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Altrec
    Nonsense. Having a couple weeks of emergency supplies has zero to do with helicopter parenting, nor is teaching your kids to plan ahead and be prepared for an emergency bad advice.
    Context matters.

Being controlling and over protective is at the core of being a helicopter parent. Look at the post I responded to: "I've gone over infection prevention procedures with the family and they will be reinforced over the coming days till it becomes second nature."

There is also a difference between ordinary precautions and the excess that caused me to make my initial comment. This is a virus that, with the exception of cruise ships, has little presence outside of Asia (and really outside of China). Setting up a decontamination tent in the back yard is excessive, and stockpiling masks while acknowledging they are hard for people to get is just hoarding.

Seriously, I'm living in Beijing, where districts of the city have more confirmed cases than most countries. When things get taken well beyond what my surgeon recommends for my safety (and she had me in the hospital for months so she knows every weak point in my health), then it is probably overkill since I'm high risk on several factors.

@sabe The politics forum is still over thataway. If you have particular issues, how about posting a real thread in the appropriate forum instead of repeatedly trying to derail this one. Or is your seriousness only Twitter deep and you're just trying for shock value?
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

I have shared proper sources which confirmed my twitter share.
    Also, if you are annoyed why don't you leave?
    There are mods on this forum and you are not one of them. Know your place. @shadowmouse

[Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-02-14 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Minor Trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Stop trying to censor information. Mods will handle anything racist or hateful.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

10+ Year Old Account
    @sabe My place, is right here on the other side of this monitor where I don't really give a rat's ass what you want, but I am interested in how some of our other posters in Vietnam, South Korea, Thailand or even southern China are impacted by the virus.

Yes, there are mods, and the political derail was already addressed by one. How about you do the polite thing and pay attention to that?

@Poe You might have missed it, but sabe is fully aware of it. Back at post #240
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Try to keep discussion about the virus. Go to Politics to discuss government bodies.
    Note that the Gen-OT rules expressly address as banned:
    Graphic violence or gore images/videos
    So, asking someone "the early video is pretty brutal, please remove it." is a polite and reasonable response. It's just asking someone to follow the forum rules.

5+ Year Old Account
    So everyone is aware, please be mindful not to share graphic videos that show clear harm or death of individuals/animals. In the case of news, it is better to direct others to the platform rather than posting links straight to something others weren't expecting or prepared for.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

While WHO claims that there is no evidence cats and dogs can get Corona virus, the Community officers around China are filmed clubbing dogs to death in front of horrified residents 'in the name of curbing the coronavirus'.

Source: dailymail.co.uk

While WHO claims that there is no evidence cats and dogs can get Corona virus, the Community officers around China are filmed clubbing dogs to death in front of horrified residents 'in the name of curbing the coronavirus'.

Source: dailymail.co.uk
    Would people care as much if it was a raccoon or a rat?

Dogs aren't any more special than any other animals. To me, the problem isn't that they beat a dog/raccoon/rat (they can kill whatever kind of animal they please). What I would be pissed at though is if they beat someone's pet, ie destroying someone else's valued property (that they have invested a ton of time and money in maintaining). With all of the paranoia going on, pet owners should be keeping their pets on lockdown, but even if it got out, it is still an extremely dickish move.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmouse View Post
    Context matters.

Being controlling and over protective is at the core of being a helicopter parent. Look at the post I responded to: "I've gone over infection prevention procedures with the family and they will be reinforced over the coming days till it becomes second nature."

There is also a difference between ordinary precautions and the excess that caused me to make my initial comment. This is a virus that, with the exception of cruise ships, has little presence outside of Asia (and really outside of China). Setting up a decontamination tent in the back yard is excessive, and stockpiling masks while acknowledging they are hard for people to get is just hoarding.

Seriously, I'm living in Beijing, where districts of the city have more confirmed cases than most countries. When things get taken well beyond what my surgeon recommends for my safety (and she had me in the hospital for months so she knows every weak point in my health), then it is probably overkill since I'm high risk on several factors.

@sabe The politics forum is still over thataway. If you have particular issues, how about posting a real thread in the appropriate forum instead of repeatedly trying to derail this one. Or is your seriousness only Twitter deep and you're just trying for shock value?
    You're in beijing too? Where at? I'm in shijingshan. *we only have 13 cases, glad i don't live in chaoyang with the high number of cases seems to be* Mr. mouse and I are in beijing, so we are able to give more information on the current situation better than what us news sites can give. If you are in china and have the wechat app, you can view the current status on: confirmed/possible/recovered/death figures. Granted the numbers will always be higher than that, but the numbers will be much better than what you see in global news.

My mom calls me up last night and she's freaking out saying the death toll is in 800s, im like the death number is way higher. she's like *im going by what i see in the news* so i send her a photo of wechat health numbers. she gets back to me later saying (oh, now i see the death toll is much higher)

sorry..i don't like to capitalize things when i type.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Would people care as much if it was a raccoon or a rat?

Dogs aren't any more special than any other animals. To me, the problem isn't that they beat a dog/raccoon/rat (they can kill whatever kind of animal they please). What I would be pissed at though is if they beat someone's pet, ie destroying someone else's valued property (that they have invested a ton of time and money in maintaining). With all of the paranoia going on, pet owners should be keeping their pets on lockdown, but even if it got out, it is still an extremely dickish move.
    There are thousands of abandoned pets in wuhan, there is even a big group trying to save them. Some were already dead when someone from the group got there. sad. The pics of dot owners with the make-shift face masks are cute but owners are advised not to do that.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Thats really not true. The flow of goods out of China has slowed to a trickle and this isn't over by a long shot.

This is easy to track in Western countries where they have the resources to put teams of people on tasks like tracking every contact an infected person had. But Africa has tens or hundreds of thousands of Chinese people working on infrastructure projects. If it gets out of control there its another vector back into the west.

Also, this isn't the apocolypse from a blockbuster movie, but its going to cost the world economy trillions. Watch and see.