Slacker76 has become a forum meme, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Nothing makes me madder than multi-millionaires trying to buy their way to the nomination. It's a bad look for any revolution.

Tom Steyer and Bernie Sanders Got Endorsements From Lawmakers on Their Campaigns’ Payrolls
    As the 2020 candidates vie for support in South Carolina, Mr. Steyer has been criticized for hiring black lawmakers or their companies. Records show the Sanders campaign has done the same.

Mr. Sanders was honored to have been endorsed for the Democratic nomination by seven black members of the South Carolina legislature, he announced in a tweet.

One of the lawmakers, records show, owned a company that was already being paid by the Sanders campaign. Another would soon be added to the payroll as a vendor.

By the end of 2019, consulting companies operated by the two lawmakers, Representative Wendell Gilliard of Charleston and Representative Terry Alexander of Florence, had collected a combined total of almost $150,000 from Mr. Sanders’s presidential effort, according to federal campaign records.
    Doesn't what this article describe happen in like almost every campaign?

- - - Updated - - -

Las Vegas Sun endorsements are in...
    I see they are taking the "New York Times" approach to endorsements lol
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Slacker76 has become a forum meme, lol
    These Warren supporters were saying early on in the election cycle that they would support whichever progressive was leading, but that was only because they were sure that said progressive would be Warren. Now that she’s dropping like a rock, they’ve got sour grapes and keep on trashing Bernie. According to them, Warren is losing because of sexist Bernie Bros (lol).

It’s sad how so many people care more about identity politics than actual policies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimensius View Post
    It’s sad how so many people care more about identity politics than actual policies.
    I'm not sure that's quite an accurate way to describe it but perhaps it's close. Despite criticizing 'Bernie Bros' for 'purity tests,' the same people are foisting some of their own back, and it seems to me that this is at the core of the disagreement in the Democratic Party right now. Democrats are at a disadvantage, geographically, and are a 'big tent' party by necessity. The argument between factions, in a large part, is how exactly to expand the tent, and where to compromise.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a great illustration of how cynical Bernie and his supporters are. They derided everyone else their lack of transparency, and for rich people throwing money around.

But when Bernie does it, "just politics".

Second point is, Bernie's grassroots movement is a myth. He has to buy support now.

Trump or a Bloomberg will beat him at that game.
    Government Affiliated Snark

It's a great illustration of how cynical Bernie and his supporters are. They derided everyone else their lack of transparency, and for rich people throwing money around.

Campaigns need vendors. Vendors that like a particular candidate might want to work with/for that candidate. Shocking.

Second point is, Bernie's grassroots movement is a myth. He has to buy support now.
    Most individual donations says you're delusional.
    -Louis Brandeis

Trump or a Bloomberg will beat him at that game.
    Dude, did Sanders like, run over your dog and then leave it on your front porch or something? I'm plenty critical of Sanders, but this is some hyperbolic nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Dude, did Sanders like, run over your dog and then leave it on your front porch or something? I'm plenty critical of Sanders, but this is some hyperbolic nonsense.
    Way to dogpile, how mature of you.

I'm just turning Bernie's own hyperbole on his own campaign. And it looks worse than all the other conventional "business as usual" campaigns.

As usual, I'm the one steering things back on topic.

Bernie has a transparency problem; tax returns, health, buying endorsements. I'm just highlighting this behavior as trend.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Way to dogpile, how mature of you.
    You've been taking every possible opportunity to crap on Sanders for years now, I think the question @Edge asked was completely fair.
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    "The Math" - Andrew Yang.

The writing is on the wall, Sanders is probably going to end up with the most delegates. The problem is if we assume no one drops then the convention will technically be contested.

So who gets voted off the island first?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post

The writing is on the wall, Sanders is probably going to end up with the most delegates. The problem is if we assume no one drops then the convention will technically be contested.

I'm terrified to find out. Probably whoever has the least delegates?
    -Louis Brandeis

These Warren supporters were saying early on in the election cycle that they would support whichever progressive was leading, but that was only because they were sure that said progressive would be Warren. Now that she’s dropping like a rock, they’ve got sour grapes and keep on trashing Bernie. According to them, Warren is losing because of sexist Bernie Bros (lol).

If you think Warren is light on policies, IDK what to tell you. And I will gladly vote for Bernie if he's the nominee, despite my strong criticism of him. Do you know who else I was strongly critical of in a primary? Obama, in 2008. But hey, I voted for him, and I didn't mind his Presidency.

Latest odds, Bloomberg closing in on Bernie now

Bloomberg reveals to me that polls are bullshit.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post

Everyone here is making wild assumptions based on two states that are largely white and very small. South Carolina will be the first test of who can pull the southern vote. Nevada will be...uncertain. Super Tuesday is where we separate the wheat from the chaff.

One other MAJOR factor to look at, the number/percentage of GOP voting members who go out of their way to vote against Trump. Will only be significant in states with closed primaries (those where only registered party members can vote in the primary).

10+ Year Old Account
    Las Vegas Sun endorsements are in...

Again, picking a fight with the CU226 is such a strategically dumb idea.
    Worse than megaphoning the Rogan endorsement.

I keep saying Bernie needs to dump his staff. Oh well
    They're right.

Endorsing Sarah Sanders would be epically stupid. But I'm pretty sure Bernie has it in the bag since he's been polling well against Trump again and again and again and again since 2016.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/13/s...OUeQ2boYcZHmII

This shit is so cringeworthy and forced that I almost want it to become an actual meme.

I can't tell if he's so out of touch that this is endearing or pathetic...or maybe both.
    "I put Lamborghini doors on the Escalade"

What . . . ?
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    Both Trump supporters and Bernie Bros are nationalists. One group is right wing nationalism the other is left wing nationalism.

Bernie is not strictly nationalist, but he's certainly not disarming his nationalist base.

And not all Bernie Bros support Bernie anymore: I just use the title to continue capturing the nationalist thought that drove them to Bernie.

The left believes they are immune to fascism and nationalism, and justify this belief because they don't share radicalized thoughts with the opposing wing. Well, we aren't racists!

If there was a Trump in the Democratic Party, it would look nothing like Trump in the Republican Party. It would be a Democrat's version of it. That was my point earlier in equating AOC to Trump. Claiming she isn't Trump because.. she isn't.. Trump.. is quite literally missing the point.
    The very thing you quoted me clearly explains and debunks EVERYTHING you're claiming. You're like those dummies who compared Obama to Hitler simply because he was great at giving speeches! >_<

In fact, I'll just simply repost it again in response as it clearly explains the differences.

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    This is SOOOO dissingenuous, because even the trolliest troll in Trollberg could understand the fundamental difference between the two.

Dump Supporters = Fueled by Hatred of non white, non christian, non Traitorpublican people.

Bernie "Bros" = fueled by desire in changing government plans for (what they believe to be) the betterment of all Americans.

You could argue semantics about "both believing in bettering the country", but Dump Supporters clearly aren't for the betterment of everyone in America, just the White Evangelical Male, the Selfish-inclined or the stupidly rich.

Likewise, you can argue if the plans are feasible or not and if they're aware of that - but the point is the base intention is NOT founded in hatred.

Any "hate" (for lack of a better term ATM) an extreme supporter of Bernie might have is geared towards the super rich and/or stubborn old-school Democrats, and even then it's nowhere near the levels of Dump Supporters screaming "Lock Her up" or "Send her Home" kinda desires/tribalism.

EDIT: The worst thing a so-called "Bernie Bros" would do is not vote and bitch about it on the Internet. The worst thing a Dump Supporter will do is grab a gun and start killing people... and that's just for starters.
    - - - Updated - - -

OK Mr. 317 posts totally-legit-person. I'm sure you're not here shitposting to try to sow division like every other Dumper/Russian trying to do so here. Nosiree!! >.>

To counteract your post - I, for one, am a Warren supporter through and through. Still am in many ways, and I have no Problem with Bernie. In fact, I've been saying since early last year how good of friends they are - and that I'm almost certain they both went in with a pact to at some point to drop out and either be the other's VP and/or to simply endorse the other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I see you are still shitposting. Nice. Nice.
    I've had him on ignore a couple years ago. There's a reason for that... that guy never posts in good faith ever.

The dem establishment shot themselves in the foot when it comes to picking the candidate with the best chance to beat Trump. They've stated countless times beating Trump is the #1 goal. If they're being honest then this means they'd vote for Sanders if he's the nominee. Warren had a shot but it looks like political "experts" led her down a dumb path.

So right off the bat we can go ahead and count all of those establishment dems as being in the bag. Now, who do else do we need to motivate to come out and vote? People that don't normally vote for candidates like Biden, Buttigieg, and Klobuchar (aka Hillary). Who would be best at bringing out people that don't normally vote for candidates like Biden, Buttigieg, and Klobuchar? A candidate that isn't Biden, Buttigieg, or Klobuchar.

I don't really count Bloomberg in this discussion since he's really a republican that's going to rise and fall after most voters actually learn about him.

If your #1 issue is winning then the choice is simple. You need to support Sanders. If your #1 issue is maintaining the status quo while beating Trump by a smaller margin (or not at all) then sure vote for someone like Buttigieg.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2020-02-14 at 08:22 AM.

Did you know Bernie Sanders was largely anti-immigration? This was before the year 2014, before you learned he even existed.
    (...)
    Look, I don't want to be unnecessarily contrarian with the points you make. You seem to have a properly formed perspective but I'm surprised how you got the least imperialistic candidate in the race on the same side as the nationalists. There's very few if any US politicians that are in line with my very pro-immigration ideas, but as of now, Sanders seems the most intent on rejecting the discourse of "dangers from outside". I'll grant you that he's not totally immune to it though.

Isn't it fascinating how discussing the nationalist tendencies of a segment of the left invites these posts? You don't get any substance, you *only* receive this lockstep response that enshrines the enigmatic personality of some creature referred to as "Bernie", not literally Bernie Sanders himself, but the militant persona that revolves around him that has been attributed to him. A populist campaign that doesn't actually explore policy or politics, but this hero-worship doctrine. The same mentality that ascribes America First policy, or resembles the left-wing Sinn Féin party of Ireland, which is Ireland's largest nationalist party. The same mentality that engages in purity tests, whether it be immigration policy, or even permission to convey business.
    Sinn Féin are left wing nationalists from Irelands anti-colonial tradition, not nativist populists. Sinn Fein also just did so well in the election because of thier policies. You are talking out of your hole.