Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Here are my reasons for enjoying visions

1. Challenge
    You can push yourself more and more each time

2. Flexibility
    Solo or in a group you can and should experience what is essentially the building blocks of torghast

3. Progression
    This kinda fits with challenge but the fact you can charge in every time and always work towards either a new research or the mount is something I really love

Nothing to do with other bfa content which actually is not that bad right now

if all you see of the content added to this game as a chore its time to take a step back and stop playing

Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    You can refund it man.
    Yeah, i should but i want to experience the new quest and lore.... damn blizzard i hate what they became but they know well how to do story when a new expansion hit us, im so weak, man

The problem I have with 8.3 and BFA in general is the lack of cool designs/aesthetics. The main reason I played alts in legion was because of the cool class hall/class mounts/ mage tower appearances. All of that was kind of FOMO factor because if I didn't get mage tower appearance in time I'd never get it again and be sad every time I see a werebear running around instead of me.. as a sad reminder. in BFA I expected them to do something similar cool appearance wise with the 8.3 horrific vision as a reward for the full clear+ 5 mask or something but it seems not.. So BFA gives me no reason to play alts to collect any cool limited appearances. I think the only limited set is the PvP elite which looks pretty bad especially this 8.3 season version. Instead I've been going back to legion and doing mythic xmog runs for nighthold just goes to show how much better legion was from an aesthetic point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    The problem I have with 8.3 and BFA in general is the lack of cool designs/aesthetics. The main reason I played alts in legion was because of the cool class hall/class mounts/ mage tower appearances. All of that was kind of FOMO factor because if I didn't get mage tower appearance in time I'd never get it again and be sad every time I see a werebear running around instead of me.. as a sad reminder. in BFA I expected them to do something similar cool appearance wise with the 8.3 horrific vision as a reward for the full clear+ 5 mask or something but it seems not.. So BFA gives me no reason to play alts to collect any cool limited appearances. I think the only limited set is the PvP elite which looks pretty bad especially this 8.3 season version. Instead I've been going back to legion and doing mythic xmog runs for nighthold just goes to show how much better legion was from an aesthetic point of view.
    Agree with you. Apart from the warfront sets for some armor types BfA has been disappointing in this regard. What you said about Legion is spot on for me since Legion provided the most important thing for my part, replayability. Having multiple alts where you actually could achieve something different than on your main is an important reason for me to have alts. I had 10 in WoD, alt friendly sure, but I barely played any of them because it was just a replica of your main, just different buttons. There was nothing special or different things to do. In Legion I had 14 and played all of them regularly because they had a purpose, a goal. Awesome weapon skin(and there was sooo many of them, quiver for MM Hunter wohoo), tier sets, different mounts, different mage tower challenges(somewhat), class halls and storylines.

Now in BfA its back to WoD. I got 16 alts at 120 now(ty AV) but I only play 6-7 and even those are less fun to play since you end up doing exactly the same as your main. With very little to gain. You get 4 types of different Armor sets which you'll practically get without even trying because gear is all over the place. Do some pvp, raids, dungeons and voila, you got what you can get without aiming for it. Vision got masks as reward, as a customization reward. Which is like the cloth dungeon helm for cloth but that you can use on all. And the backpack. But thats the same for all your characters. Not really something to shout hooray for.

It seems Shadowlands focus more on customization again, and I am looking forward to get all the covenant sets. Because if the others are anything like the plate ones in the preview, I will be happy. And that is something you can spread on your alts. And the back options as well. We need more of that stuff and I really hope they deliver with the aesthetics in Shadowlands. That being said, BfA have delivered on the spell visual side of things, and I hope they continue with that too.

The way Visions/Cloak levels work is an example of GOOD time-gating imo. It's a great balance between regular engagement, catch-up mechanics, higher rewards for higher effort, and an optional skill-based extension on top of the usual scale. That's how I wish things like AP worked - and, from what we know so far, it is how Anima is going to work in Shadowlands.

Starving folks enjoy even moldy food. Not much else to say about it. And anecdotes being what they are I suppose, the sheer lack of players out and about on what's normally one of the highest pop servers is notable as of late. If this is the model going forward... well, I'm glad I didn't pre-order.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I think it's more fun that way honestly. I think it would be better if it were just free to enter, I'd like to do more to practice for when I start doing 4-5 mask runs. I honestly think that repeatable content that doesn't have a reward has the potential to be the most fun. I'm kinda looking forward to Torghast for that reason, yes Torghast will be something something Legendaries, but we don't know how it'll work yet. It has that potential to be better than Visions and have the fun factor without providing power rewards.
    Honestly to say, it doesn't have to be power rewards. It can be cosmetics too - something to brag upon. Like brawler's guild for example. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE brawler's guild! Especially the oldschool one, where you could find rare items which activated hidden events.

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    Yeah, i should but i want to experience the new quest and lore.... damn blizzard i hate what they became but they know well how to do story when a new expansion hit us, im so weak, man
    At least refund it, wait till it's released for a weeks and people have reviewed it, and then buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Honestly if Torghast follows the same formula next expansion I think Shadowlands will be pretty great solely from that.
    Honestly, if Torghast is anything close to what Blizzard have announced so far, it hold no interest for me, what so ever.

I don't want end-game content that scales.
    I don't want end-game content that is completely different from time to time.
    I don't want end-game content that can become cake-walk or impossible due to which reward drops at the end of each level.

No, the current concept of Torghast is an atrocity.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Honestly, if Torghast is anything close to what Blizzard have announced so far, it hold no interest for me, what so ever.

I don't want end-game content that scales.
    I don't want end-game content that is completely different from time to time.
    I don't want end-game content that can become cake-walk or impossible due to which reward drops at the end of each level.

No, the current concept of Torghast is an atrocity.
    Funny, because those first two things are exactly what I want and I have no idea where you came up with the idea that random drops will make it a cake walk or impossible.

Beats the hell out of any endgame we've had in previous expansions, honestly. In fact, nothing else that I can think of even comes close.

15+ Year Old Account
    In an MMO the players are getting out what they are putting in.

You want challenging events? Exciting content? Engaging gameplay? Well, then you have to play with the people, together, help each other and work towards a common goal.

You bitch at every turn and are frustrated when you don't get your loot at the end of a warfront where 30 braindead zombies threw their bodies just hard enough at the boss until it eventually died?

Don't be surprised when you don't get exciting and challenging stuff to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea where you came up with the idea that random drops will make it a cake walk or impossible.
    At BlizzCon, they said, at the end of each level, you got a choice of 2 or 3 buffs, you'd have for the rest of the run.

If your RNG is bad and you always get e.g. single target buffs, but the dungeon only throws big packs at you, you lack the AoE buffs. As you progress the packs gets harder and harder, but you don't get any buff to combat it (because you got single target buff or stealth detection or treasure find etc), and you will fail at level 4.... Had you gotten the right buffs, you might go to level 15.

Thats what I means by RNG can make it cake-walk or impossible.
    Beats the hell out of any endgame we've had in previous expansions, honestly. In fact, nothing else that I can think of even comes close.
    Horrific Visions is a good end-game system.. Much better than what I envision Torghast to be.

It scales to number of players, but NOT per run or per level.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    At BlizzCon, they said, at the end of each level, you got a choice of 2 or 3 buffs, you'd have for the rest of the run.

If your RNG is bad and you always get e.g. single target buffs, but the dungeon only throws big packs at you, you lack the AoE buffs. As you progress the packs gets harder and harder, but you don't get any buff to combat it (because you got single target buff or stealth detection or treasure find etc), and you will fail at level 4.... Had you gotten the right buffs, you might go to level 15.
    I find it hard to believe that the buffs will be significantly powerful enough to trivialize the whole thing if you get the right buffs. I guess it's possible, but I think it's more likely the buffs will be tuned so that they only provide a minor damage/tankiness increase so that they feel somewhat impactful but don't ensure a free 10 levels just for getting the right one.

1 thing i found out this week (the hard way):
    If you are running a vision, have already completed your quest zones and get disconnected while still doing some other zone. Most rewards will get delivered to you via "Postmaster", just not the quest-items.

So what we learn from this; to complete your quest with the least risks of this happeneing, either just do these and then the main boss or fail it on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    Every WoW community is full of people that praise visions. Granted, there are also many realists that see that they're in fact not all that great.

But it's still quite jarring that so many people praise this mediocre piece of content.

WoW content has been so bland, so boring and pointless for so long, that this junk seems somewhat exciting to people in comparison.

They don't have much replayability. They might be fun the first time and maybe the second time at best, but after that they're utterly boring. And with the timegates and cloak rewards, you're forced to replay this trash every week or miss out.

They make me very worried for Torghast, if the bar is this low for "good" content. Considering that's one of the only features for Shadowlands, it has me extremely worried we're in for a really weak expansion just like BfA has been.

Well, they've been in this routine since Legion - And people consistently praise that as a fantastic expansion (Because Mage Tower and M+'s introduction left such a good taste in everyone's mouth).

Completely forget about Artifact Power, Weapons being tied to specs, relics being RNG at the NLC, and the inexcusable acquisition method of legendary items during the first 75% of the expansion.

I really like them; but heck if I do all thoose dull dailies to get extra chances!
    Im fine with 2-tries a week.

BfA was OK, but im done with the system-stackingand feel burned out from it

Visions are just literally solo Greater Rifts with objectives.

Nothing special about them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it hard to believe that the buffs will be significantly powerful enough to trivialize the whole thing if you get the right buffs. I guess it's possible, but I think it's more likely the buffs will be tuned so that they only provide a minor damage/tankiness increase so that they feel somewhat impactful but don't ensure a free 10 levels just for getting the right one.
    Did you ever play Diablo 3 before Reaper of Souls?

People carried a Magic Find gear set, and when fighting rares/bosses, they would change the entire gear set at 2-3% health, to find new better gear. They could not beat the boss with the MF gear on, but without you got no new gear, s they swapped when fight was almost over.

This is what I think Blizzard is having in mind, when you get your traits from each level. With enough "wrong" buffs, you enter the fight with MF gear and switch to "kill gear" at 2%, giving a result you don't want.
    Switch ONE piece of gear (one buff) gives no real difference, but 5 pieces of gear (Buffs) makes a big difference.

You know what I'm getting at?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Well, they've been in this routine since Legion - And people consistently praise that as a fantastic expansion (Because Mage Tower and M+'s introduction left such a good taste in everyone's mouth).

Completely forget about Artifact Power, Weapons being tied to specs, relics being RNG at the NLC, and the inexcusable acquisition method of legendary items during the first 75% of the expansion.
    That's because the negative issues weren't nearly as bad as people made them out to be at the time.

If there's one thing I have learned about these forums it's that players will always find something to complain about. This has nothing to do with how good the expansion is.