Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

It doesnt matter how good you are anymore

It really doesnt matter how good you are anymore, if your unlucky your shit, if your lucky your op.

2300 rio ppl dieing to season 1 mechanics in 17s/18s because there corruption carried them through 16s.
    while there are good people who are struggling to do the 16s because they dont have the overpowered corruption to carry them through.
    good players with overpowered corruption are already miiiiles ahead in rio.
    played with a 2500 rio rdruid yday....top of fail meter.....rank 5 stars.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

corruption is far worse than legion legos because there is no blp.

the only good corruption i have is the corruption i bought, spending over 1.5million because i KNEW rng would shaft me (which it has)

my chests have contained
    bm Hunter:
    haste versa ring with versa on taking damage chance.....lol
    crit/mastery wep with chance on versa when taking damage....lol

Druid:
    void ritual....lol
    avoidance.....lol (though i think this will be useful high tyanical unfortunately nobody has the brains for this yet)

Sort it out blizzard for fuck sake.

Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    It really doesnt matter how good you are anymore, if your unlucky your shit, if your lucky your op.
    2300 rio ppl dieing to season 1 mechanics in 17s/18s because there corruption carried them through 16s.
    while there are good people who are struggling to do the 16s because they dont have the overpowered corruption to carry them through.
    So what you're trying to say is, because other people have good/bad RNG with corruption, I am no longer a good player?

What?

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    So what you're trying to say is, because other people have good/bad RNG with corruption, I am no longer a good player?

What?
    He's saying being better or putting more effort into the game isn't rewarding. Having amazing luck is.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    Having amazing luck is.
    So a scrub that has never set foot in a +5 can suddenly push +15?

And someone that used to do +15 blindfolded with one arm on the back is suddenly so bad that a +5 means wiping on the first pack?

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    So a scrub that has never set foot in a +5 can suddenly push +15?

And someone that used to do +15 blindfolded with one arm on the back is suddenly so bad that a +5 means wiping on the first pack?
    Its about REWARDING not they suddenly have more SKILL. Big difference here buddy. Read what I said again.

In current retail, and why a lot of people have quit, is I could do a Mythic raid up and down and get bad RNG and get +5 item level once in a while. Meanwhile, someone who is doing LFR can have an item proc all the way up to max item level. Sure, on average my item level is going to be higher, but someone with astronomically uncommon luck is going to have comparable gear doing next to none of the same difficult content.

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's saying being better or putting more effort into the game isn't rewarding. Having amazing luck is.
    So, like the game has always been. Because there's stuff that didn't drop for me in MC or BWL, like BIS stuff (that still hasn't dropped, probably like 500+ transmog runs later).

And frankly I hard-disagree on 'being better or putting more effort' into the game not being rewarding. I put a tremendous amount of effort into learning classes in Legion that I had never played (or hadn't played in years) to do the mage tower challenges. And knocking one after the other after the other out (often without BIS gear or great legendaries) made me feel more awesome as a WoW player than any other point in the 15 years I've been here.

the game was much better before, when the mithic + did not exist and the reputations with tabards were raised, besides the raider io did not exist.

Now the itemlvl is no longer enough, on top of that you have to have raider io punctuation .... to be able to enter a group for anything insignificant,like an easy warfront hc....

wow is no longer fun, it has become a job, in which you have to do everything forced, without wanting to do it .... I no longer remember what it was to "play wow" ...

Legion was better than bfa in every single way

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    the game was much better before, when the mithic + did not exist and the reputations with tabards were raised, besides the raider io did not exist.

Now the itemlvl is no longer enough, on top of that you have to have raider io punctuation .... to be able to enter a group for anything insignificant,like an easy warfront hc....

wow is no longer fun, it has become a job, in which you have to do everything forced, without wanting to do it .... I no longer remember what it was to "play wow" ...
    M+ was a good addition for legion because they tempered it to always be one ring below mythic raiding

Now, you can get mythic raid geared without stepping foot in a mythic raid. It belittles they entire process and makes it seasonal and pointless

Classic may be easier but my gear is infinitely more valuable than in retail

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    So, like the game has always been. Because there's stuff that didn't drop for me in MC or BWL, like BIS stuff (that still hasn't dropped, probably like 500+ transmog runs later).

And frankly I hard-disagree on 'being better or putting more effort' into the game not being rewarding. I put a tremendous amount of effort into learning classes in Legion that I had never played (or hadn't played in years) to do the mage tower challenges. And knocking one after the other after the other out (often without BIS gear or great legendaries) made me feel more awesome as a WoW player than any other point in the 15 years I've been here.
    The difference is, if it dropped in MC, BWL, Naxx, whatever prior to Throne of Thunder, it was always the item. It never had a chance to suddenly be as good or better than the the hardest difficulty's base item level. If you do LFR and you Titanforge to max item level while someone has the same exact item drops in Mythic and it doesn't Titanforge, you got rewarded for essentially AFKing over someone who has to play next to perfect to get a worse item.

You're talking about a completely different system, that while it was active, had unlimited tries. I also got all 34 mage tower appearances. I was also a Mythic raider at one point. One of the reason I quit was because it felt stupid to be doing Mythic every week and then I go into a PUG heroic group or normal group and watch some guy who barely showed up on the meter get an item better than my Mythic item. In Legion, I had to completely switch my main because I was raiding Mythic EN and my alt shadow priest had the BIS belt drop while my paladin had the shitty interrupt ring drop (well before they buffed into being actually usable). The RNG loot system with additional RNG that now has even MORE RNG put on top of it makes it extremely disappointing when you get screwed over constantly.

If they want to fix the system, make it so it can't roll higher than the next difficulty's base level until they've cleared that boss on the next difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkantosChampion View Post
    Love it.

Now I just need to get Infinite Stars on my DH instead of on my alts.

That's always been the case with wow. It's just been more or less obvious at different times.

Lets take classic as an example.

Two warriors duel, ones been lucky to get asscandi the other hasn't. Asscandi war slaps the other in a few shots, who's the better player? Fuck knows, gear has always counted for more than skill (except during templates in legion but yall hated that)

Only thing that's ever really changed is the number of avenues to powerful gear and time taken to obtain it.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2020-02-14 at 01:45 PM.

There's plenty of differences, the game has changed a lot since back then. BiS item back then did not make up for passive 30% dmg output increase compared to any othe item. Also there's a huge difference between a subjective oppinion of a unlucky outlier (add to that, that Blizz has been fucking around with some drops in raids and legacy loot systems) and an overall impact of a system on all players. In current retail certain items with just stupid effects are so overpowered and so rare, that a literal retard can stand in place, follow a ridiculously bad rotation and come on top of good (and certainly better) players. When you compare players of equal knowledge of the game/class nowadays such items make even more of a difference and that's frustrating to anyone who has not agreed to polish Ions' rod in exchange for luck.

P.S. unless you had done MT chellenges during first couple of weeks of their release there was nothing chellenging about them. Any sort of ToS/Antorus gear made them a piece of cake even with fresh chars. The hardest part of that was to say sane and not kill yourself while leveling a bunch of chars.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    That's always been the case with wow. It's just been more or less obvious at different times.
    That's true to an extent. But corruption is magnifying that effect tenfold.

Just remember no matter how it turns out always turn, face the camera, and say "the team is very happy with how things turned out although we have things to learn as always" qued up face of Ion.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    That's true to an extent. But corruption is magnifying that effect tenfold.
    Yea, like I said, this games never been about skill in pvp, only gear. It's just been more and less obvious at different times.

Wow has never been a game you play to show off skill. It's an mmo-rpg with some competitive elements intended for entertainment, not a competitive e-sport game based on fair play.

And in some respects its been a detriment to the enjoyment of the game at its core that design has tried to half way cater to the competitive side.

That's magnificent game design
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Honestly raiding is kind of a dead scene for more and more people these days. Yeah, groups exist out there but their numbers are dwindling. As we move forward in time, the internet grows increasingly more toxic and people in their right minds* remove themselves from this toxicity. Leading to a new focus on smaller group content such as M+, where it’s more likely that a group of 5 friends will form, opposed to a group of 10-30/20 friends forming for a raid.

*Not that you’re wrong for liking to do large group content, but people who know what they do/don’t want and making their decision based on that to better their daily life.

There isn’t a game out there that doesn’t suffer from a troll problem. It’s rampant.

at the highest end of the scale you will be 20k dps below the next guy, no matter how good you are if they have bis corruption and you have worst......unlucky! that can cost keys

Quote Originally Posted by Prime92 View Post
    There's plenty of differences, the game has changed a lot since back then. BiS item back then did not make up for passive 30% dmg output increase compared to any othe item. Also there's a huge difference between a subjective oppinion of a unlucky outlier (add to that, that Blizz has been fucking around with some drops in raids and legacy loot systems) and an overall impact of a system on all players. In current retail certain items with just stupid effects are so overpowered and so rare, that a literal retard can stand in place, follow a ridiculously bad rotation and come on top of good (and certainly better) players. When you compare players of equal knowledge of the game/class nowadays such items make even more of a difference and that's frustrating to anyone who has not agreed to polish Ions' rod in exchange for luck.

P.S. unless you had done MT chellenges during first couple of weeks of their release there was nothing chellenging about them. Any sort of ToS/Antorus gear made them a piece of cake even with fresh chars. The hardest part of that was to say sane and not kill yourself while leveling a bunch of chars.
    Hand of rag, blessed blade, miss placed servo arm, harbinger of doom.

In classic there are a number of "single items" with low drop chance that do way way more than just add 30% to a chars dps.