Thread: Changes again

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    This disgusting action from Blizzard makes me think.

All I wish for my birthday and for Christmas is that these servers die completely and that people boycott these servers and play more than ever on private servers and actually give the server owners a lot of money so that this hurts Blizzard financially.

Then, maybe then will they release ACTUAL Vanilla servers with ABSOLUTELY ZERO, and by zero I mean ZERO changes, like we asked for for a god damn 13+ years.
    I don't see how this affects gameplay in any way except the niche case of people exploiting the system to dodge queues.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to have some life comfort changes in classic :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Battleground scoreboards no longer list the enemy team until your entire team has clicked Enter Battleground. The scoreboard remains visible for everyone once the battleground has started.
    what the actual f***? You can even see enemy team in retail and have always seen since day one. I don't even know what to say about these changes that makes Classic WoW too far away from original vanilla anymore.

e: before someone mentions about queue leavers it's spirit of vanilla. Every premade team dodged other premades and developers didn't fix this back in the day so it's spirit of vanilla.
    Your anger seems disproportional to the significance of this.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Battleground scoreboards no longer list the enemy team until your entire team has clicked Enter Battleground. The scoreboard remains visible for everyone once the battleground has started.
    what the actual f***? You can even see enemy team in retail and have always seen since day one. I don't even know what to say about these changes that makes Classic WoW too far away from original vanilla anymore.

e: before someone mentions about queue leavers it's spirit of vanilla. Every premade team dodged other premades and developers didn't fix this back in the day so it's spirit of vanilla.
    Bro dude, as soon as the game was announced to be played on 1.12, #nochanges was completely abandoned. It's been about "Vanilla but better" since day one.

Everyone who still says #nochanges unironically is either in denial about the huge amount of changes or just not playing.

- - - Updated - - -

This disgusting action from Blizzard makes me think.

All I wish for my birthday and for Christmas is that these servers die completely and that people boycott these servers and play more than ever on private servers and actually give the server owners a lot of money so that this hurts Blizzard financially.

Then, maybe then will they release ACTUAL Vanilla servers with ABSOLUTELY ZERO, and by zero I mean ZERO changes, like we asked for for a god damn 13+ years.
    The people who ACTUALLY want no changes are already playing on private servers. The vast majority of people who wanted Classic didn't want 5 FPS, 300ms and 800x600 resolution, and most of them didn't want ALL the old bugs either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    If, to you, #NoChanges includes keeping things that the developers never intended to have in the first place, then you are badly misguided.
    It's not really this though, a ton of things happened in Vanilla the developers didn't directly intend (class balance being the easiest example) - the goal is and has always been to improve the game while leaving the feeling of Vanilla as close as it can be. Gamebreaking bugs and abusable shit goes, but Paladins being buffbots and healers in PvE and nothing else stays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    When it comes to fixing exploits, yes.

And what would they need to do to please you? Release a 1.0 version, or start with Alpha? Add patches exactly as they were added in vanilla and then just reset all servers so you can do it all over again when TBC would have been released?

That's quite pathetic. Classic is an improved vanilla, just because you're not a kid and amazed by everything you see in the game anymore and need to act out online, doesn't make the game bad. Hopefully you'll find your peace with it, or just quit and find something better to do.
    For years we asked for an unchanged version of Vanilla. We got, what some argue, a better version of Vanilla. That might sound good, but it's NOT what we asked for. We want the good AND the bad, we want the original, unchanged. That's what we asked for for so many years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    "They didn't make the game exactly the way I wanted it therefore nobody should enjoy it and they should boycott it instead." Do you realize how impossibly selfish this sounds? I really hope this is Poe's Law but I seriously can't tell sometimes.
    We (purists) asked for an unchanged game for so many years. This is not what we wanted, so far private servers are so much better, so they should absolutely do something before those servers take over again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Not sure if trolling or...
    Why would I be trolling? There are tons of purists like me who want no changes at all. We want the exact same game we had in 2004, and it can't be news for you to hear that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I don't see how this affects gameplay in any way except the niche case of people exploiting the system to dodge queues.
    It's not about how it affects the game, it's the principles and mindset of Blizzard that bothers me. If they can change this, what prevents them from changing something else to make the game "better". Blizzard need to understand the SOLE and ONLY purpose of these servers is to work as a time machine back to 2004.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Bro dude, as soon as the game was announced to be played on 1.12, #nochanges was completely abandoned. It's been about "Vanilla but better" since day one.

Everyone who still says #nochanges unironically is either in denial about the huge amount of changes or just not playing.

- - - Updated - - -

The people who ACTUALLY want no changes are already playing on private servers. The vast majority of people who wanted Classic didn't want 5 FPS, 300ms and 800x600 resolution, and most of them didn't want ALL the old bugs either.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not really this though, a ton of things happened in Vanilla the developers didn't directly intend (class balance being the easiest example) - the goal is and has always been to improve the game while leaving the feeling of Vanilla as close as it can be. Gamebreaking bugs and abusable shit goes, but Paladins being buffbots and healers in PvE and nothing else stays.
    So what's the point of these servers. WHY even make them?

Objectively, Vanilla is not a good game in comparison to BFA, I love Vanilla and hate BFA, but objectively it's by far inferior.

The Only purpose these servers had was to offer a nostalgic time travel trip back to 2004 to re-explore the game exactly the way it was. By adding changes that make the game better it remove the whole purpose of the whole thing and is a middle finger to everyone who asked for these servers since the release of TBC.

Classic+ is the most idiotic idea I ever heard, and all these small changes are moving the game toward it. Yes, removing bugs and all the other "bad" things is actually not good. If we don't get the bad, it's not an authentic experience.

So what's the point of these servers. WHY even make them?
    Because people wanted this. You're delusional if you think everyone who asked for Classic wanted UNTOUCHED VANILLA WITH ALL BUGS AND LAG. You were and are a minority.

Objectively, Vanilla is not a good game in comparison to BFA, I love Vanilla and hate BFA, but objectively it's by far inferior.
    Eh, do you just not know what the word objectively means? Because this is just drivel, and I don't even mind BfA.

The Only purpose these servers had was to offer a nostalgic time travel trip back to 2004 to re-explore the game exactly the way it was. By adding changes that make the game better it remove the whole purpose of the whole thing and is a middle finger to everyone who asked for these servers since the release of TBC.
    Nope. Again, the people who asked for an identical experience were a minority and anyone who expected that to be possible was already delusional. CRT monitors, 5 FPS, 300ms, no knowledge about the game, school, etc. was absolutely a part of the experience. That was never going to happen.

The knowledge part is important because the only way the experience could be recreated would be if you didn't know about the gamebreaking bugs that were in the game at the time. And since we do, they had to be removed to preserve the experience as best possible, thereby changing the experience as a consequence. I don't expect you to understand this, but a complete recreation was never possible.

Classic+ is the most idiotic idea I ever heard, and all these small changes are moving the game toward it. Yes, removing bugs and all the other "bad" things is actually not good. If we don't get the bad, it's not an authentic experience.
    You're not ever going to get an authentic experience of Vanilla. That happened 2004-2006, and it can never happen again, unless everyone who played it and all experience of it dies.

Since a perfect recreation is literally impossible, what is the next best thing? Preserving the spirit of Vanilla by removing the gamebreaking parts of it that most people never experienced back in the day but would be unavoidable now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Poor OP, cant queue dodge anymore.
    Majority dosnt give a fuck about #NoChanges.
    Cry more, most ppl would rather have some changes to make their experience better.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s