Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Im not big on second and third and fourth chances..
    Bro, if Jonah got a second chance theeeennnnnn. . . . . don't be like that.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Well the fbi says there was a huge uptick in hate crimes since trump took office. There's also been an up tick in faked hate crimes as well. The whole foods cake is one incident and many more I just can't recall.
    Is there any actual data to back this up or is it just the like 10 fake reports that make it to the news a year?

Then the research is flawed and you cant say that deterrence doesnt work
    Wait are you seriously contending you cannot research anything unless you know N? My fucking god.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Is there any actual data to back this up or is it just the like 10 fake reports that make it to the news a year?

Of course there isn't.

They see "omg there was a fake hate crime! This confirms to me they're super common!!!! and everywhere in fact they may even make up the majority!"

- - - Updated - - -

Well the fbi says there was a huge uptick in hate crimes since trump took office. There's also been an up tick in faked hate crimes as well. The whole foods cake is one incident and many more I just can't recall.

Anyway reported=/= convictions. The FBI only states the amount. Not the convictions. If person A reports person B spray painting kill all (x). But it was person a that did it. It still will be reported as a hate crime even if person b didn't do squat. I'm not even touching the aren't all crimes hate crimes beehive.
    Are you confused what we are talking about? Because we are talking about punishment and deterrence and the government agency, the national institute of justice.

"Look at these 2-3 things that happened! See they happen all the time"

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Welp here's the thing. I explained in detail why his claims were out there. The fact he was attacked by the only 2 trump supporters in Chicago. Also being a very prolific anti-trump tweeter. What's the term. If something sounds to good to be true it probably is?
    I disagree. From what i remember the following is true (though without going back i could have missed some claims)
    @Spectral explained in adequate detail why he found the claim dubious. [And he seemed spot on at the time]

The rest.. not so much. The rest of the arguments seemed to be verbally to go out with tar and feathers at the mention of the word MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Okay, but that really doesn’t change the fact it isn’t the crime of the century. What should happen as is often in most cases. Is a fine and community service.
    "Well he didnt kill 100 people.. so it's fine. Just let him go" lol

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...ebc_story.html

Best I can find since the fbi won't amend case reports. Also lists a few examples. Hell I'd love to look into these if I had the time. That would be a whole lot of F.O.I.A requests, docket look ups, court records requests. Places like CNN love stories like jussie's fits their narrative perfectly. Ironically it's one of the reason us Americans don't have a lot of trust in the media. But I'm getting off topic.
    So if I’m reading this right the estimated fake hate crimes are some where between 1-15% defending on how much guessing you want to do. Though it doesn’t really tell us if the rate of fakes is going up or not.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    "Well he didnt kill 100 people.. so it's fine. Just let him go" lol
    When someone is "let go" that doesn't include community service. Are you unaware of what community service is?

10+ Year Old Account
    When someone is "let go" that doesn't include community service. Are you unaware of what community service is?
    Its a slap on the wrist which rarely involves doing anything thats hard or punishing. Often it involves doing nothing but standing in a soup kitchen and trying to look like you did something and the paperwork is often just pencil whipped. If they want to use labor as a punishment then it should be chain gang style supervised by state police or armed corrections officers

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a slap on the wrist which rarely involves doing anything thats hard or punishing. Often it involves doing nothing but standing in a soup kitchen and trying to look like you did something and the paperwork is often just pencil whipped. If they want to use labor as a punishment then it should be chain gang style supervised by state police or armed corrections officers

First you say "no second chances" and now you're saying forced labor "chain gang style". . . that's some commie shit man.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Do you support the same thing for Trump? Because he OBJECTIVELY broke the law.
    Trump? We're discussing Jessie.

What's that orange bellend got to do with this?

- - - Updated - - -

Lots of strong feelings for this crime. Where is the passion for the other more grievous crimes I wonder.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh so that’s your non proof.
    What are you about?

I'm annoyed about some rich, spoilt prick, acting like an entitled ****.

How can you draw any more conclusions from that?

Why do people care so much about this nerd?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

TLDR: Bro if you love him so much what about paying the money back to the community yourself?

“Those who make a mistake in life shall be forever jailed”. Uh huh... and now you’re saying in essence

“We can never research anything unless we know N!”

Yeah no... that’s not how it works.

You will never know N in this case but that’s the case for most things we research.

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    TLDR: Bro if you love him so much what about paying the money back to the community yourself?
    So saying that people shouldn’t be punished for life for crimes like these means I love him?

Can you people only argue in hyperbole?

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Why do people care so much about this nerd?
    He's black, gay, liberal, wealthy celebrity and lives in the city. Plus, he tried to frame MAGAts so they are especially pissed at him.

Had he been some dumb white college kid the police would have fined/jailed him for a few days, but as usual, celebrity status confuses and mucks things up.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    He's black, gay, liberal, wealthy celebrity and lives in the city. Plus, he tried to frame MAGAts so they are especially pissed at him.

Had he been some dumb white college kid the police would have fined/jailed him for a few days, but as usual, celebrity status confuses and mucks things up.
    yeah i mean its not like he did anything truly horrible like smiling smugly at an indian or anything.....
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Aha. So he fucked up and they need to make an example of him. Alright, guess I still don't care.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Aha. So he fucked up and they need to make an example of him. Alright, guess I still don't care.
    Prrreetty much.

Something similar happened to Paris Hilton some years ago, and was convicted of something. She had a 30 day sentence, got commuted for 3 days and there was an outcry of celebrity privilege, except that was standard procedure because her crime wasn't violent, petty even. I mean, don't get me wrong, celebrities get away with a lot of shit, but they also get more shit than they deserve sometimes.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Celebrity status pretty much means that it will blow up on social media...but no actual legal punishments will be dished out. Doesn't matter if the celebrity is left-wing, right-wing, or neither.

Non-celebrity would get legal punishment...but no one would ever hear about it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    yeah i mean its not like he did anything truly horrible like smiling smugly at an indian or anything.....

I remember when idiots tried to excuse the media harassment campaign on this private citizen as "free pess".

Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    I remember when idiots tried to excuse the media harassment campaign on this private citizen as "free pess".
    its racism, pure and simple racism, that they embrace with a passion because to them it's justified.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."