Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    Manly nerds liking these marvel movies are the equivalent of girls loving justin biebers 'believe' shit. They'll buy anything. I'm embarrassed that people actually see this shit.

Also these kind of blow shit up movies fits the cinema, the actually good movies you simply don't go to a cinema to watch cause the experience sits way better when you see them at home where most people have big quality tv's with proper sound and way better comfort.
    What a curious post.

You slag off superhero films (this one is DC not marvel btw) in the first half for being shallow.

Then in the 2nd half say they are good to watch at the cinema.

How do you win with people like you if you dont mind me asking?
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    What a curious post.

You slag off superhero films (this one is DC not marvel btw) in the first half for being shallow.

Lol at your reading comprehension.. Can you read again in an attempt to not make you look like a complete ***?

Flaming isn't allowed. infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2020-02-16 at 08:27 PM.

At least movies like Birds of Prey give me a reason to wait a week or two until everyone and their mother has given their professional statements. After Captain Marvel, all that Star Wars crap you cannot trust any review until the audience scores are up and running... or you have to find a stream to make a decision if you want to watch it in theaters.

Also I am not sure why you would watch Birds of Prey (if for Margot Robbies performance) - she has bigger moments in Bombshell, Once upon a time in hollywood and dollface (which are somehow still running whilst DC's movie hits theaters ??). Kind of interesting approach if you really on the actor to carry the movie....

Quote Originally Posted by Alduin View Post
    Also I am not sure why you would watch Birds of Prey (if for Margot Robbies performance) - she has bigger moments in Bombshell, Once upon a time in hollywood and dollface (which are somehow still running whilst DC's movie hits theaters ??). Kind of interesting approach if you really on the actor to carry the movie....
    Because you can like an actor in one role a lot more than others? Adam Sandler in Uncut Gems is supposed to be great and worth watching, but he's trash in most of his throwaway comedies (which he even admits). Robbie is good in the other films you mentioned too, but they're definitely different kinds of roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    What is up with fandoms being toxic cesspits these days? Literally every fandom I hear of these days no matter which show or movie act as if the object of their fandom is their entire life and constantly get into fandom wars often harassing the writers in the process.

Wonder when they'll realize liking different things isn't mutually exclusive.
    what do you mean "these days" vocal fandoms have been toxic for as long as organized fandoms existed, long before internet days. fandoms just have a bigger, faster platform to spread that toxicity nowadays, but toxicity itself? hasn't changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    Because you can like an actor in one role a lot more than others? Adam Sandler in Uncut Gems is supposed to be great and worth watching, but he's trash in most of his throwaway comedies (which he even admits). Robbie is good in the other films you mentioned too, but they're definitely different kinds of roles.
    yes, but you pretty much never let one actor run against their other movies especially if she performs way better in those. Also Joker is still in theaters too and you now have an Oscar winning DC movie vs a .. somewhat comic-ish spinoff? It's like running Dark Knight vs Suicide Squad. It is a day-night difference and not very viewer friendly.

Overall, DC simply has their strong points on dark stories of "superhumans" struggling with being human/showing weakness instead of Marvel's over-the-top-carton-style. Not sure if later will ever work out for DC like they tried with Suicide Squad and Birds of Prey. Not that Margot Robbie would be bad in the movie - but the circumstances and low developed character plot (in suicide squad basically everyone was designed as throw-away character) together with a somewhat SJW oriented cast (that thankfully doesnt feel forced as hell like female ghostbusters) doesn't support her (not that you cannot like her acting or Ewan McGregor / Mary E. Winstead though - but there is way better plot for Harley Quinn and the version of her within the DC timeline is very difficult for viewers).

Atleast DC has some very good plot established by Gotham for Penguin (by Robin Lord Taylor), Joker (Cameron Jonaghan) and Fish Mooney (hard to swallow pill, but really good performance by Jada Pinkett Smith) and some others. Still I did not understand why Birds of Prey uses some less know female DC villains instead of e.g. Poison Ivy or even Catwoman ... or you establish more conflicts via Talia al Ghul or Duela Dent (maybe it would look like another fanservice movie but atleast you have some characters that matter).

The movie is okay - it just leaves anyone confused if DC will ever understand how to use their franchise efficiently. Would love to see more

Lol at your reading comprehension.. Can you read again in an attempt to not make you look like a complete ***?
    Lol indeed.

I like how you dont use this 2nd chance to clarify if I had made an error reading your post. And instead just insult me.

Keep being awesome kiddo.

And maybe dont mix up marvel and DC and then insult others reading comprehension. You make yourself look like a twat.

What a curious post.

You don't. He is either an edgy ignorant teen, or a naïve ignorant hipster. Best just to ignore them as they rarely do more than briefly stop by long enough to make an overly generalized stupid comment to annoy people and then move on.

Manly nerds liking these marvel movies are the equivalent of girls loving justin biebers 'believe' shit. They'll buy anything. I'm embarrassed that people actually see this shit.
    Reflects the comic book industry ala Marvel...They were amazing up until the late 80s, then started turning out shit, then hit or miss.
    Iron Man movie was solid...Captain America too...the Disney took over...and hit or miss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    what do you mean "these days" vocal fandoms have been toxic for as long as organized fandoms existed, long before internet days. fandoms just have a bigger, faster platform to spread that toxicity nowadays, but toxicity itself? hasn't changed.
    True, the advent of tech has definitely put a bigger spotlight on how low people can act with groupthink.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Reflects the comic book industry ala Marvel...They were amazing up until the late 80s, then started turning out shit, then hit or miss.
    Iron Man movie was solid...Captain America too...the Disney took over...and hit or miss.
    Disney's involvement has made Marvel films consistently better. A lot of Marvel's movies were lackluster/bad, especially prior to the unified MCU. Captain Marvel was awesome, by the way.

No.
    Iron Man was awesome, Capt America Winter Soldier was awesome...and those blockbusters (Well Iron Man really) made Marvel a company that Disney wanted.
    Afterwards...hit or miss...just like the comicbooks.
    After turning Thor into a ridiculous "alien" bullshit...that should have told anyone that loved the old comics that bringing the stuff over to a modern translation wasn't going to go over well for a lot of titles.
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2020-02-15 at 03:54 AM.

I love Margot Robbie but fucking christ she is annoying as Harley Quin, the over the top accent and speech make me want to plug my ears up. It was bearable in Suicide Squad cus she wasn't center stage and it was only a minute at a time with long breaks, but this is just the entire movie.

Also it was just really bad in general, the writing was amateur tier at best.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    No.
    Iron Man was awesome, Capt America Winter Soldier was awesome...and those blockbusters (Well Iron Man really) made Marvel a company that Disney wanted.
    Afterwards...hit or miss...just like the comicbooks.
    After turning Thor into a ridiculous "alien" bullshit...that should have told anyone that loved the old comics that bringing the stuff over to a modern translation wasn't going to go over well for a lot of titles.
    Winter Soldier was good, not great, definitely not awesome. Iron man was great, not awesome. Iron man 2 and 3 among the weakest parts of the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Winter Soldier was good, not great, definitely not awesome. Iron man was great, not awesome. Iron man 2 and 3 among the weakest parts of the MCU.
    Iron Man/Tony Stark is amazing.

The Iron Man MOVIES are pretty mediocre.

Same here, really. Harley Quinn is great. The movies she's in are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Iron Man/Tony Stark is amazing.

The Iron Man MOVIES are pretty mediocre.

Same here, really. Harley Quinn is great. The movies she's in are not.
    That's a pretty good assessment for the most part. I thought Birds of Prey was great, but Suicide Squad was a pretty unremarkable summer movie that she stole scenes in.

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    You don't. He is either an edgy ignorant teen, or a naïve ignorant hipster. Best just to ignore them as they rarely do more than briefly stop by long enough to make an overly generalized stupid comment to annoy people and then move on.
    Spotted the 'belieber'. Sure, discussing how horrible these movies are to fans are a big waste of time, they are fanboys at heart, nothing can be said to convince them how incredible dull these movies are.
    Hollywood sure hit a goldmine with these movies, they don't even need to bring a proper script, just pump it out boys, fans will buy no matter what.

Am I salty? Of course, they are pumping billions into the most dull entertainment the world has ever seen, and it doesn't seem to be an end in sight.

Spotted the 'belieber'. Sure, discussing how horrible these movies are to fans are a big waste of time, they are fanboys at heart, nothing can be said to convince them how incredible dull these movies are.
    Hollywood sure hit a goldmine with these movies, they don't even need to bring a proper script, just pump it out boys, fans will buy no matter what.

Am I salty? Of course, they are pumping billions into the most dull entertainment the world has ever seen, and it doesn't seem to be an end in sight.
    Do you need a tissue for all that dribble?

Firstly just because someone doesnt agree with your senseless dribble it does not make them a blind fan boy.

And again you make no sense because birds of Prey ISNT making money. So this flock of rapid fanboys you are claiming exists rushing to the theaters is a work of fiction.

So how about you get a grip on reality, drop the twitter raging idiot tendencies and come back when you can talk like a normal functioning human being.

Do you need a tissue for all that dribble?

Firstly just because someone doesnt agree with your senseless dribble it does not make them a blind fan boy.

And again you make no sense because birds of Prey ISNT making money. So this flock of rapid fanboys you are claiming exists rushing to the theaters is a work of fiction.

So how about you get a grip on reality, drop the twitter raging idiot tendencies and come back when you can talk like a normal functioning human being.
    I could use a tissue, that's how sad this era of superhero movies are. Even the standard romatic comedy from adam sandler has less cringe moments then marvel movies, or dc, they're all the same, even worse when they try to be serious. They seem to serve as material for ego-masturbation.

I have no clue how birds of prey isn't making movie, while others do.
    edit: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm4014166/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1
    A director with barely any directing under her belt?
    Last edited by cface; 2020-02-16 at 08:33 AM.

I could use a tissue, that's how sad this era of superhero movies are. Even the standard romatic comedy from adam sandler has less cringe moments then marvel movies, or dc, they're all the same, even worse when they try to be serious. They seem to serve as material for ego-masturbation.

I have no clue how birds of prey isn't making movie, while others do.
    edit: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm4014166/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1
    A director with barely any directing under her belt?
    Well I think the tide may finally be turning.

Once apon a time all you would get is western films. Now those are super rare.

I can see the superhero fad starting to wind down now post Avengers end game.

I think the odd one will come along and still make a lot of money like wonder woman 2 or another avengers film.

But Harley Quinn? Shazam? Nah cant see those being super profitable because we've had too many over the last few years.