I see the prophets of doom have already descended on this thread, despite the fact we haven't even seen the alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by TaliaKirana View Post
    I see the prophets of doom have already descended on this thread, despite the fact we haven't even seen the alpha.
    I think that has to do with the fact that BfA hasn't exactly been a high for a lot of people, the dev team doesn't seem to think anything went wrong and there were so few features to advertise that they advertised separate zones.

I'm going to wait until beta to judge, but I can't blame people for being skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by TaliaKirana View Post
    Not like blizzard has had a shitty track record overall since bfa Release (and i mean the company as a whole).

Oh wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I think that has to do with the fact that BfA hasn't exactly been a high for a lot of people, the dev team doesn't seem to think anything went wrong and there were so few features to advertise that they advertised separate zones.

I'm going to wait until beta to judge, but I can't blame people for being skeptical.
    I still hope they do a surprise 4th spec for a couple classes and maybe solo ranked BG progression finally.

I dunno, I just hope its something good enough to make people happy after BFA.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

There are unshackled members of the coast of dranoshar in 8.3.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    -snip-
    makes you think

[IMG]

Makes me wonder if the Ankoan are somewhere in Stormwind. Feel like someone would have noticed by now though.
    Then again, might simply be cruel of Blizzard to give Alliance hope of actually getting allied races they want.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I could see them adding 'minor' ARs during SL, but I'd like them to complete the circle first, ARs thematically tied to or "reskins" of the remaining Worgen, Forsaken and Pandaren.
    After that, speculated races such as Kelfins/Gilgoblins, Ankoan/Jinyu, Rajani/Mogu or Mok'Nathal (based on the Rexxar/Kul Tiran rig) can be added in the occasional .5 patch.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I could see them adding 'minor' ARs during SL, but I'd like them to complete the circle first, ARs thematically tied to or "reskins" of the remaining Worgen, Forsaken and Pandaren.
    After that, speculated races such as Kelfins/Gilgoblins, Ankoan/Jinyu, Rajani/Mogu or Mok'Nathal (based on the Rexxar/Kul Tiran rig) can be added in the occasional .5 patch.
    Dont give them ideas for stupid kelfins! They were never a speculated race, just that no one wants those.

They fucking suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Dont give them ideas for stupid kelfins! They were never a speculated race, just that no one wants those.

They fucking suck.
    People not wanting them didn't deter Blizzard from giving Kul'Tirans and mecha Gnomes to the Alliance. With resounding results.

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    People not wanting them didn't deter Blizzard from giving Kul'Tirans and mecha Gnomes to the Alliance. With resounding results.
    At least Kul Tirans gave humans more diversity and allowed people to play as human druids or shamans. No idea who needed trash gnomes to complete their WoW experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    At least Kul Tirans gave humans more diversity and allowed people to play as human druids or shamans. No idea who needed trash gnomes to complete their WoW experience.
    The more I see people hate them, the more I want to play one. But can I be fucked grinding mechagone rep.... No... No sir I can not be fucked.

I love it.

- - - Updated - - -

I like Kul Tirans. Gilgoblins, however, are less interesting than original goblins.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, gnomes should have had prosthetics since day 1.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post

They fucking suck.
    Eh, you've gotta remember that they share all Goblin model and animations. It's possible they'd just be a Goblin skin, like the Wildhammer Dwarves. I'd be okay with that.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2020-02-14 at 04:49 PM.

Kul Tirans actually seem fairly well-accepted. Still not sure what the point of the gnomes was. About the only real addition was their racial mount...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Kul Tirans actually seem fairly well-accepted. Still not sure what the point of the gnomes was. About the only real addition was their racial mount...
    The numbers say otherwise

10+ Year Old Account
    MMO-Champion and Warcraftrealms isn't a valid source for statistics cause...well not everyone goes there.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

what would be an acceptable "number"? Are we expecting half of humans to go Kul Tiran here or something silly?

What If I think theyre a good addition but dont ever plan to play one either way? How do we account for that?

I would say that even if Kul Tirans are not really that common they are still accepted. And i think the reason is because of subsets.

The amount of people playing a specific AR can often be chalked up to them taking a subset of other players.
    LF Draenei for instance have a low intereest because the people who would want ot aply one are limited to those that already like playing a Draenei, but could like playing a slightly different one, or those who want to minmax with the racial.
    Velf has a high interest because the people that might want ot play it does not have a valid alternative on Alliance, so you get the people that want to play a new looking race on Alliance and the players who want to play a blood elf but not play Horde.
    Kul Tiran is similar in that it gets the people that want ot play a shaman but not play Draenei or Dwarf, and the people that want to play a druid, but either won't play Nelf or Worgen, or want the unique druid skins. On top of that it also gets the people that just like how they look, seeing as it looks completely different from regular humans.

Diaper gnomes meanwhile are not only limited by those who have done the Mechagon rep grind, but also the people that would want to play a gnome, then the subset of those that want the extra customization but don't mind having limited transmog options, and then additionally it has no unique classes, so in the end there is no good reason to play a trash gnome when you could just play a regular gnome and not have to work around the transmog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
    what would be an acceptable "number"? Are we expecting half of humans to go Kul Tiran here or something silly?
    No, but when their horde counterparts outsize them by 7 to 11 fold in number there's quite a deficit, isn't there?