Quote Originally Posted by Gangreflamme View Post
    Oh so this is the thread where all the cool guys hang out, glad I found it!

By the way, Wowhead clickbaiting hard at the moment : https://www.twitch.tv/stiven_rs
    Was testing stream for shadowlands alpha live datamining that we gonna do on official channel.
    It wasn't intended to clickbait, it would be if I did this on wowhead channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    It's at the point that I look on mmochampion every day half expecting news. We are close people.
    Next week my friend

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly I’m still looking back at MoP and thinking
    M+
    Mythic raids and cross realm
    WQ emissaries

Best expansion ever with those added

I hope we get alpha soon

It's at the point that I look on mmochampion every day half expecting news. We are close people.
    Not sure why you'd be checking here first - MMO-snooze lately have been so slow on posting stuff. Wowhead is honestly the place you'll see stuff first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Not sure why you'd be checking here first - MMO-snooze lately have been so slow on posting stuff. Wowhead is honestly the place you'll see stuff first.
    Mmochampion is my home screen.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Next week my friend

- - - Updated - - -

M+
    WQ emissaries

I hope we get alpha soon

Well, MoP had mythic+ it was called challenge mode dungeons and it honestly was the perfect way to do them.

myhic+ is just a bad executed idea - everyone needs to run mythic+ to be competetive even pvpers, it distracts greatly from rewards in raids and rated pvp.

MoP worked very well with raid and pvp gear rewards and challenge mode dungeons for cosmetics.

MoP had mythic raiding, but only in SoO.

Don't miss WQ emissaries, another system check gone that you just had to do without any challenge or fun.

Cross realm would have been nice, but you could attack your own faction on timless isle, WoD would have benefitted way more of it, with all the race kill achievs outsourced to ashran.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mythic+ isn't a bad thing people loved it in Legion and to be competitive? Yeah I doubt that(Maybe with corruption it gets even weirder but before that I doubt it).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Well, MoP had mythic+ it was called challenge mode dungeons and it honestly was the perfect way to do them.

Only, they weren't perfect because once you'd finished them, you were done. The reasons for revisiting the content was limited, only a few even bothered doing them on every character for the limited time rewards. I remember it being a chief complaint for both MoP and WoD CM's. People wanted to do dungeons, but without potential for power rewards, they saw no reason. And there was none past earning the cosmetics.

M+ is a perfect concept for dungeons, and the feedback they've received will hopefully (they've already hinted to this) lead to there being distinct paths of progression again. It should be that you can identify as a Raider, an M+ player, or a bit of both. But one shouldn't be depending on the other. Distinct branches, thanks.

Now, how that can be practically solved, is a different matter... Maybe through having M+ gear and Raid gear not function at optimal capacity in the other branch of content? Or the easiest, cap M+ at a certain level and make the highest raid difficulty give gear above that ilvl...

7+ Year Old Account
    So are we thinking that alpha datamining could start anytime this month?

@Sondrelk

I agree with this. Also, I totally forgot to talk about the Azerite System.

Okay, so that, uhm...

Think of the Legion Artifact system, but taken a few steps back. There were some ideas that were interesting, like spinning the whole major and minor trait stuff, as well as gaining different aspects of the Heart VIA different ways of playing, but some if it is either extremely under-powered to the point where they're useless, or they're extremely OP to the point where everything else is trash (AKA THE AZERITE KAMEHAMEHA!)

Azerite armor was also trash, cause a ton of lower ilvl ones had traits that were greater than the higher ilvl ones, which made RNG even more piss poor, as well as other BS things like that...

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Next week my friend

- - - Updated - - -

M+
    WQ emissaries

I hope we get alpha soon
    IMO they should have used the opportunity to update some of the Uldum and Vale instances and open them for M+.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Only, they weren't perfect because once you'd finished them, you were done.

And thats exactly, why MoPs version of them was far superior.

Who really likes to do all the same dungeons over and over just for gear? If its a cosmetic reward like a mount, you can farm it and be done with it. Its excellent and does no longer distracts from raids and pvp gear progress.

Mythic+ are really the worst and laziest design in wow, while there are much better solutions to obtain gear other than running old dungeons and loot some rng boxes.

10+ Year Old Account

Who really likes to do all the same dungeons over and over just for gear? If its a cosmetic reward like a mount, you can farm it and be done with it. Its excellent and does no longer distracts from raids and pvp gear progress.

Mythic+ are really the worst and laziest design in wow, while there are much better solutions to obtain gear other than running old dungeons and loot some rng boxes.
    Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean others don't. It made dungeons far more viable after max level. I can understand M+ shouldn't have the best gear in the game but.... lazy? No, it isn't.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean others don't. It made dungeons far more viable after max level.

If alts would still exist in BfA, dungeons would always be viable.

I can speak for those who've expressed enjoyment of the M+ system without liking it myself.

And I remember exactly the complaints for Challenge Modes, and that's literally why they changed with Legion. Clearly, Blizzard too saw the demand and met it. M+ was and still is one of those universally liked features. Titanforging was what made resentment grow. The feature is still aces for people wanting dungeons to remain relevant past the first fucking week of a new expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Alts do exist, your hyperbole is neither cute nor clever. The amount of buzzwords you use to explain why M+ is bad makes your argument lazy.
    The feature is anything but lazy, it ties the developers to continued support of dungeons beyond leveling and initial gearing before raids. Challenge Modes, were lazy. They were mere timed runs, something players gave feedback about and now we have affixes. They were irrelevant to people caring less about cosmetics than power. They were done once you'd ran them at a certain time.

Altoholics like myself had a long engagement with Challenge Modes, but we were a minority and I 100% get why M+ became a thing instead and why it became a feature that'll remain.

CMs: Timers + Cosmetics
    M+ : Timers + Power gains + Levels of scaling difficulty + Affixes on a rotation + Cosmetics

One is clearly lazier in its developed state, than the other. One is the result of player feedback, the other the basis of that feedback.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-02-15 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I can speak for those who've expressed enjoyment of the M+ system without liking it myself.

And I remember exactly the complaints for Challenge Modes, and that's literally why they changed with Legion. Clearly, Blizzard too saw the demand and met it. M+ was and still is one of those universally liked features. Titanforging was what made grew resentment. The feature is still aces for people wanting dungeons to remain relevant past the first fucking week of a new expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Alts do exist, your hyperbole is neither cute nor clever.
    Then tell me about the issue of essences not beeing account wide?

The way how corruption gear works, alts will never compete with the endgame systems in BfA, there is simply no way to pull it off like in past expansions.

There is simply not enough time to develop an alt to be competitive, with like anything in the game other than doing WQ, dailies, mount farms and transmogruns. I can only assume you play this game on a very casual level, if you assume this is just hyperbole?

What happens next is, people will forget about BfA rather quickly and most likely wow is only kept alive by classic servers.

Then tell me about the issue of essences not beeing account wide?

The way how corruption gear works, alts will never compete with the endgame systems in BfA, there is simply no way to pull it off like in past expansions.

There is simply not enough time to develop an alt to be competitive, with like anything in the game other than doing WQ, dailies, mount farms and transmogruns. I can only assume you play this game on a very casual level, if you assume this is just hyperbole?

What happens next is, people will forget about BfA rather quickly and most likely wow is only kept alive by classic servers.
    I have friends and guildmates running more than 1 character just fine.
    I raid HC and Mythic, and I am anything but a casual player when looking at hours played and the range of content I engage with.

Your final line just cements what kind of a poster you are. Retail carried Classic's development, it's carrying Classic now, it'll be carrying Classic through Shadowlands and beyond, long after Classic's content is delivered in full.

I'm done with you now, I've decided to adhere to my principle more strictly and thus won't waste more time than absolutely necessary responding to posters such as yourself.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-02-15 at 02:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Wow will be kept alive by classic servers."

Oh come on with this classic stuff. BFA might have its problems, but its not inferior to classic. My god...people love to doomsay.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2020-02-15 at 03:21 AM.

Warrior-Magi

myhic+ is just a bad executed idea - everyone needs to run mythic+ to be competetive even pvpers, it distracts greatly from rewards in raids and rated pvp.

MoP worked very well with raid and pvp gear rewards and challenge mode dungeons for cosmetics.

MoP had mythic raiding, but only in SoO.

Don't miss WQ emissaries, another system check gone that you just had to do without any challenge or fun.

Cross realm would have been nice, but you could attack your own faction on timless isle, WoD would have benefitted way more of it, with all the race kill achievs outsourced to ashran.
    What I meant with cross room was Cross realm raiding

Also for me challenge modes were less like mythic plus then some people think because while it was timed it would scale the characters back so you were really limited on the different ways that you could do things whereas if you had the mythic plus system and had the level five dungeon give the title the level 10 dungeon gift amount and the level 15 dungeon give you the armor it would’ve been much easier to get people to run the content

If we had the stats then we could compare how many people have completed a +15 compared to how many people got a gold challenge mode dungeon because in challenge Motes the only reward really was the title of the mound and the armor whereas mythic plus you get gear as well and some of the gear out of the dungeon’s in missed was actually kind of fun compared to Raid gear

If we had the stats then we could compare how many people have completed a +15 compared to how many people got a gold challenge mode dungeon because in challenge Motes the only reward really was the title of the mound and the armor whereas mythic plus you get gear as well and some of the gear out of the dungeon’s in missed was actually kind of fun compared to Raid gear

Players having to do content they don’t like to stay relevant is something that I don’t like but it has been in the game for pretty much a decade and I don’t see it going anywhere anytime soon people act like it is something brand new and that only one side has to deal with it while it has been something for many expansions in one way or another

- - - Updated - - -

Not really because if you go into warlords of drain or dungeons were pointless you would max character immediately hop and Ella far or equip some craft gear and then never have to worry about running a dungeon in your life not to mention they were so easy by the end of the expansion that you could queue up as a tank in DPS spec and not have to worry about anything in the dungeons had this problem for both missed and warlords and it wasn’t fixed until the mythic plus system came in which is fine they fixed an issue and it was indeed an issue when you have 10 dungeons and after you do the First wings of Ella far those dungeons are now meaningless in fact at the end of warlords you never had to do a single dungeon because you would logon going to tonight on farm crystals get the gear tokens and be done you would then going to the Raid and never have to touch a dungeon

Mmochampion is my home screen.
    That’s... i feel for you.

7+ Year Old Account

Who really likes to do all the same raids/BG's/WQ's over and over just for gear? Repetitive content is the backbone of ANY MMORPG, and me and my friends simply adore the scaling and changing difficulty of M+. You are against PvE content being done "over and over just for gear", yet you claim that Classic, with their 1 difficulty dungeons and raids cleared in 32 min will keep retail alive? Fkin please.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-02-15 at 07:21 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.