Poll: Who shoudl the Mogu join?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The Mogu - which faction should they join?

I'm liking 8.3 Mogu a lot, now that they're not all evil, there is a playable chance.

question is, who should they join? Alliance? Horde? or a neutral allied race just like the Pandaren?

Btw.. is it me or do the Mogu look like a Half-orc/Half draeni art experiement that got polished into a race?

Sure they're not evil, but they're not our buddy buddies, they tolerate us, that's just about it, they have absolute no reason to join either faction.

If they have to join a faction, then horde, but I'd personally like to see them neutral to complement pandaren.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I'm liking 8.3 Mogu a lot, now that they're not all evil, there is a playable chance.

question is, who should they join? Alliance? Horde? or a neutral allied race just like the Pandaren?

Btw.. is it me or do the Mogu look like a Half-orc/Half draeni art experiement that got polished into a race?
    I think they will be neutral if they come as playable. What happened with the Lightbound Undeads people were talking about btw?

The question is; when would they come? Blizz said there is no 8.3.5. If at pre-patch it would fit well if they added the new leveling routes. And would make sense as the Allied Race DK's were released this patch. I mean, what can fill the spots of emptiness in the pre-patch? Maybe 2-3 new allied races and the new leveling.
    Last edited by Magicon; 2020-01-22 at 09:18 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see them as both/neutral if they become a playable race. I think a lot of the allied races should have been neutral given the parts they play in the story prior to picking a faction.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

5+ Year Old Account
    This is why making Nightborne Horde was such a boneheaded idea, now every single time a neutral race pops up we have to go thru the same ordeal to determine which faction they should be when in reality they should be exactly as they started, neutral.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

10+ Year Old Account

Honestly, both or none.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I don't want them playable since Pandaran are on both the Horde and Alliance. Would be so stupid to have a Mogu and Pandaren in the same party. Not every race in the world needs to join the 2 factions.

So...kinda like a joke that begins; a pandaren and a mogu walk into a bar...

Neutral like The Pandaren. A case could be made for Horde due to their partnership with the Zandalar in the past, and dislike of Pandaren, but Pandaren are on both sides, and so should The Mogu if they would be the Pandaren equivalent in the Allied Races slot--a neutral AR.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the faction, i would love to see them in the horde over the alliance for multiple reasons :

1: Horde definitely need a titan related race and when i mean titan related i mean that are aware they are and actually care about it because yeah orcs are related to titans but in no way directly unlike dwarves or gnomes and i feel really annoying and silly to have Bran or Magni which are for both alliance characters carrying us around titan facilities always i would like if horde had something horde to do the same

2: Mogu in generale have more link with the zandalari and with the horde and ok you can say that the Rajani were helped by both faction and have othing to do with the mogu that allied with zandalari but i would point out that blizzard always make race joining side because of inks they had like for exemple the lf draenai even thought helped by both faciton joined the alliance or the mechagnomes you eally didnt have quesiton that maybe they will join horde no they just go alliance because they are just more related to them and overall mogu are an horde race in their way of working like they say “the mogu way” in an interview which ment that you kill all your rivals to reach the power like the orcs did to be warchief

3: Alliance already have 2 races using the draenai skeleton and i would see more likly that they put mogu in horde for them to have that skeleton aswell

4: If not horde they might just be neutral like the pandarens were

But yes plz give me my mogu!

One important point im really hoping for thought is that they really polish them and update them they actually have lot of custimizaiton possible for mogu as male or female i mean you have that really cool subol on back of head for female and cool horns for male like iron qon and you can have cool lightning tatoos like iron qon again but yeah they really need to make them look better especially the female which look rought i just hope we wont have like with NB =(

And myself i really love the vrykuls but when ppl come and say “heee mogu in alliance” i dont know i mean mogu for me just sound more liek for the horde when vrykuls sound for alliance since they are more related to the humans and would give a verry hordy race to alliance so yeah i do love vrykuls but even if i love them i know that they will go alliance i dont try to bring up like “ho lets vyrkul go horde because me wana play them in horde” =p
    Last edited by Ameonna; 2020-01-27 at 02:16 PM.

The missing slots on the character creation banner and the missplacement of banners in the embassies, are quite interesting to notice. And I think it wouldnt be too farfetched if the Mogus might come during the Pre Patch of 9.0. Maybe they planned them for 8.3.5, but who knows.

But anyway why do I think they make sense? Mogus seem to have a good link to necromancers, which is hinted during the Island Expedition item for the Mogus, which would also be the answer for Mogu DKs and also would be a little connection with the start of Shadowlands. Otherwise during the Quests in 8.3 they said, maybe the other clans will listen to the Rajani in the future. With Ra-dens Death and N'Zoths defeat they have to face new tasks. The Mantis might lose their power for all times after the defeat of the last old god and the Shado Pan will keep and eye on them, meanwhile the Recruitment Questline could be the Unification of all Mogu under the Rajani, so Pandaria can finally face and eternal period of inner peace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I don't want them playable since Pandaran are on both the Horde and Alliance. Would be so stupid to have a Mogu and Pandaren in the same party. Not every race in the world needs to join the 2 factions.
    Yet, you play with Zandalari who are pretty much the boogymens of the pandarens so pleas be a good pandarens and learn to make difference between the good mogu and the bad ones which is all about being a pandaren actually

Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    The missing slots on the character creation banner and the missplacement of banners in the embassies, are quite interesting to notice. And I think it wouldnt be too farfetched if the Mogus might come during the Pre Patch of 9.0. Maybe they planned them for 8.3.5, but who knows.

But anyway why do I think they make sense? Mogus seem to have a good link to necromancers, which is hinted during the Island Expedition item for the Mogus, which would also be the answer for Mogu DKs and also would be a little connection with the start of Shadowlands. Otherwise during the Quests in 8.3 they said, maybe the other clans will listen to the Rajani in the future. With Ra-dens Death and N'Zoths defeat they have to face new tasks. The Mantis might lose their power for all times after the defeat of the last old god and the Shado Pan will keep and eye on them, meanwhile the Recruitment Questline could be the Unification of all Mogu under the Rajani, so Pandaria can finally face and eternal period of inner peace.
    I totally agree with your points and i want to add that you also have in the quests with chen and lili that ask you to go in Kun-Lai Summit the mogu here talk about a "master" they have and we still have not see, considering the mantids lost their empress (she is the wb in vale) but not the "bad" mogu and that also the statues in the vale are not fully rebuilts but they are shown as rebuilts in the map mean that there will most likely be more things related to the mogu

PS : The ppl who vote that they dont want the mogu like really whats wrong with you? Cant you let us have what we want? No one complained when vuylperas wwas out so let us have mogu no?
    Last edited by Ameonna; 2020-01-27 at 01:27 PM.

Ah I didn't see the last option.. well anyway, they are evil so obviously horde if they were to join the player factions at all.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

The Mogu like the Zandalari.

But the Mogu hate the Pandaren.

The Horde treated the Pandaren pretty badly during the Siege of Orgrimmar.
    If the Mogu went to any side it'd probably be the Horde.

Some Pandaren would probably leave the Horde if it happened. Maybe not all of them - maybe some would try for peace. But it would be a point of contention, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    The Mogu like the Zandalari.

But the Mogu hate the Pandaren.

The Horde treated the Pandaren pretty badly during the Siege of Orgrimmar.
    If the Mogu went to any side it'd probably be the Horde.

Some Pandaren would probably leave the Horde if it happened. Maybe not all of them - maybe some would try for peace. But it would be a point of contention, I think.
    Actually that sounds quite reasonable. I woudl buy that if they introduced it that way.

However with the Rajani as it's own specific clan, it's easy for their to be no pandaren hate, and the Pandaren seem reasonable enough to be fine with those Mogu once their informed these are Ra-den's originals staying true to the cause and wer enot a part of any of the previous greviances invovled with the race.

Actually that sounds quite reasonable. I woudl buy that if they introduced it that way.

However with the Rajani as it's own specific clan, it's easy for their to be no pandaren hate, and the Pandaren seem reasonable enough to be fine with those Mogu once their informed these are Ra-den's originals staying true to the cause and wer enot a part of any of the previous greviances invovled with the race.
    The Rajani's isolation makes it understandable that they would have no animosity towards the Pandaren, but also means they may not have ties to the Zandalari. The Rajani may still be familiar with the Zandalari and may respect them as a military force, at least, and the Zandalari may respect that the Rajani aren't tied to the traitor Zul - or at least, Talanji would appreciate not having to worry about it. Talanji may even like that the Rajani helped fight off N'zoth seeing as the Old Gods were more or less involved with the death of her father.

The Rajani also however have ties now to Lorewalker Cho, the Shado-Pan, and the August Celestials since helping against N'zoth's assault on the Vale. The Wandering Isle's Huojin and Tushui Pandaren weren't native to Pandaria, and even in Pandaria the Mogu and Zandalari were gone for so long they were equated to fairy-tales until recently in Mists. So while the Rajani have proven themselves to natives of Pandaria who have trained their whole lives in suppressing negative emotions like resentment or notions of revenge to deal with the Sha - the descendants of the Wandering Isle may be even more removed from any direct baggage that other Pandaren may have had to deal with, while also more willing to act on it.

The Huojin specifically have a motto of taking action, and Ji Firepaw recently in the Siege of Orgrimmar was oppressed quite violently so maybe he'd hold some bitterness towards Mogu joining the Horde as he may fear being subjugated like that again. But I suppose Ji hasn't demonstrated many obvious signs of bitterness or resentment towards orcs, so maybe Ji wouldn't take any direct action himself. Perhaps Aysa is rubbing off on him.
    Last edited by Razion; 2020-02-15 at 04:03 AM.

If they added Mogu, wouldn't that mean they would also be adding Tol'vir? They are in the same patch after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I think neither, but it I had to choose one I think probably would make more sense with the Horde, especially since they have connections with the Zandalari.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    If they added Mogu, wouldn't that mean they would also be adding Tol'vir? They are in the same patch after all.
    Mogu were in MoP
    Tol'Vire were in Cataclysm

Mogu would be Horde, as the Mogu are probably most like the Tauren plus they wouldn't take the strict rule of the Alliance very well.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.