Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Enhance Shaman Builds/Tips for Solo Horrific Visions?

Anyone have any specific builds or tips for Enhance if wanting to do some Horrific Visions solo? I wasn't able to play much on PTR, so never really got to try out anything that could improve self-sustain. I plan to do groups now and then but often my my play time is so sporadic that I will undoubtedly do some solo as well.

You'd be better off asking on the shaman discord, MMO-champs class subforums are pretty dead.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    You'd be better off asking on the shaman discord, MMO-champs class subforums are pretty dead.
    Thank you! I'm sort of a returning player after many years out of the game. Can you direct me to which Shaman Discord you reference?

Quote Originally Posted by Tratheshaman View Post
    Thank you! I'm sort of a returning player after many years out of the game. Can you direct me to which Shaman Discord you reference?
    I believe Earthshrine is the largest shaman discord around. This invite link should work https://discord.gg/earthshrine
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Tratheshaman View Post
    Anyone have any specific builds or tips for Enhance if wanting to do some Horrific Visions solo? I wasn't able to play much on PTR, so never really got to try out anything that could improve self-sustain. I plan to do groups now and then but often my my play time is so sporadic that I will undoubtedly do some solo as well.
    Here is what I've found works for me:

https://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/..._K/SIG/W4K/W3B

For this build it helps to have at least 2 primal primer azerite traits selected on your gear. It is not necessary though, because even without PP lava lash still does solid damage when used on hot hand procs. I have 2 PP and when I use it on proc, I'm getting over 90K-100K LL crits for free.

NG on tier 75 helps with healing if you pull more than you can handle, but your own insta-heals should be more than enough.

For azerite essences, assuming you have 3 minor slots unlocked

1) Blood of the Enemy - Major - works very well

2) Breath of the Dying - Minor 1 - must have for an DPS IMO

3) Conflict & Strife - Minor 2 - Free +versatiltiy = free +dmg +healing and +dmg reduction. If you put this as the major essence, you gain access to "thundercharge" which is very nice. I use this normally in my main slot.

4) Purification Protocol - Minor 3 - Free AoE Damage procs OR Lucid Dreams = occasionaly heal + maelstrom reduction. In pve I don't have problems with maelstrom, thanks to the forceful winds talent.

Enhance really shines with a lot of haste. Crit is not bad either, but if I didn't have at least 20% haste baseline and I had an option to choose crit or haste, I'd go with the latter. Weapon enchants I use are quick nav and versatile nav. Some say force multiplier is the way to go. I prefer versatility because I pvp (yes, really, even with enhance as it is now I still pvp).

Hot hand is dead, try lightning shield with 3x natural harmony azerite traits

I would highly suggest the well fed food for visions, Ghastly Goulash. 2% hp heal per sec on top of the potion doing the same and you will rarely be worried about your hp unless you over pull and let yourself get stunned......trust me don't do that XD

Foa build with 3 natural harmony and lucid dreams minor. Did a 1 mask full clear with 1 sanity orb (used the 2nd one because I could. Didnt have to)and rez left.
    Decent sized pulls, rotating cds, using heroism twice, lost area and thrall. Gear helps,

I used this video a couple of weeks ago to guide me with 5 masks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyHYmBRWaAY

I don't remember all the spots I orbed but I definitely did before rexxar.

And I did SW last week using this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh-Fg5qB_Ro

For SW I used orbs before Shaw (I probably didn't have to), 1 in the mage quarter before the first elite mob, and 1 before mage quarter boss. I did do elemental for the mage boss. My self rez didn't go off. First run where I failed on Alleria I didn't need the one before Shaw and used it for Alleria, I'm just really bad at killing her.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    I run it with Fury of Air + Memory of Lucid Dreams (since its part of my raid set up) and either Worldvein or Condense in the mayor. I use the Jar trinket from nialotha for cleave and dont bother with sundering since it feels it takes too long to charge. Just keep a steady stream of pulls that go down fast enough with what I have. Then cycle thru wolves, essence and ascendance to finish off elytes fast to get sanity back.

Its like a mix of cleave and single target. Also, remember to drink all the good potions you find and to get as many buffs as you can from all the hidden npcs. If you can makes some of the running speed food too.

I was flasking for it but after some extra research I decided to stop flasking. I didnt spec for solo run though but am still able to more or less clear either maskless vission in more or less 1 recharge and thats just to be safe when going in for the last boss.

I tend to waste a lot of time looking around for hidden things like crystals and buff npcs and also I also waste time drinking potions. After you have a 30 min buff drinking more potions is a waste of time with the exception of the one that gives sanity. I also try to open all the chests for mementos.

Thats my take on it. I do that at a 465 iLvl.
    I would go sundering for sure and have it up for big pulls. I use the 2% healing food as well. With 468 ilvl in my enhance gear, no aoe corruptions I can do 4 masks without using an orb in orgrimmar. I am really bad at Stormwind though. Blood of the enemy major + sundering will one shot anything at 0 masks and the stun is really useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I would go sundering for sure and have it up for big pulls. I use the 2% healing food as well. With 468 ilvl in my enhance gear, no aoe corruptions I can do 4 masks without using an orb in orgrimmar. I am really bad at Stormwind though. Blood of the enemy major + sundering will one shot anything at 0 masks and the stun is really useful.
    The problem with sundering is you'd have to wait for all the mobs to stack up, meaning you'd be taking a beating before the majority of mobs come, and dont miss.

the added healing vers from foa+lucid is pretty decent too

Quote Originally Posted by Omybad View Post
    The problem with sundering is you'd have to wait for all the mobs to stack up, meaning you'd be taking a beating before the majority of mobs come, and dont miss.

the added healing vers from foa+lucid is pretty decent too
    The 2% healing negates a lot of that. Its not hard to line up either.

The 2% healing negates a lot of that. Its not hard to line up either.
    So you can have 2% healing and lucid healing then

So you can have 2% healing and lucid healing then
    At 5 masks the damage from sundering is too good to pass up

At 5 masks the damage from sundering is too good to pass up
    Maybe, but if you get stunned locked and lose ~700 sanity and the rez like what happened to my 5mask run lol. Each to their own

Maybe, but if you get stunned locked and lose ~700 sanity and the rez like what happened to my 5mask run lol. Each to their own
    I mean yeah if you play bad, bad stuff happens...

Earth Elemental helps with big pulls, also on Rexxar too.

I mean yeah if you play bad, bad stuff happens...
    It was like 1.5 packs, play bad...

15+ Year Old Account
    tbh purification protocol mayor stuns aberrations and deal 1,5x dmg on them, paired with reasonable cd and you can still do everything while its working, in opposite to focusing iris
    so try it, i`m finding it really good aoe for enh in all contents, beside some single target heavy fights maybe :P
    It shine even brighter in visions with all that aberrations running around ;P
    Last edited by kosajk; 2020-04-16 at 10:43 AM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Just fish some, Ghastly Ghoulash, heal 2% hp/sec. Hp damages becomes a non-factor.

Just learn the zones/layouts, use cooldowns as often as possible, but try to line them up with elites/bosses, level up your cloak and farm archive upgrades.
    Frankly, the bar is low, full clearing everything without using a reset should be really easy on any class/spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.