Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

In What Ways could Shadowlands end up sucking?

Still a little early on beta/ptr stuff. But can you think of anything that could happen, be changed, removed, or added, that would cause the expansion to become a famous meme as BFA did?

This is my attempt at some examples
    -AP grind is Actually back.
    -Bottle neck quests get rea-dded at the start of the expac
    -no flying at all through the whole thing
    -Shamans not being "completed" until patch 9.1.5
    -Rng + RnG for items you'll need to complete your legendary - resulting in you not completing your legendary or being "raid ready".. so you have to make a 2nd toon that passes the RNG check >> gets his legendary >> and is brought into raids instead.
    -Sylvannas still alive by patch 10.0
    -SJW stuff shoved in your face at the cost of good story telling.
    ~GCDs added to more abilities than ever

What ~could~ go wrong in shadowlands?

-Community will complain about irrelevant shit all of the time.

This is my comprehensive list of stuff that will ruin Shadowlands.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard keeps on believing handing out massive power boosts through pure lottery is fun. Which I strongly think will be the case the way they just keep on doing it.

In my opinion the question should be "how could Shadowlands end up NOT sucking" because its way more likely to fail than it is to succeed.

It'll be fine. Just enjoy the game my lads! If not? On to bigger things in life. Awayyyyy we gooooooo!
    Be willing to serve and build up others at any cost. Never be a man of laziness and self absorption. Be willing to grow daily in integrity, strength, and boldness.

literally all of the ways

rng things like corruption that vastly make u stronger just because of luck, I was meh with titanoring gave me a reason to do lower keys.

5+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter. It could be filled with well made content and the people not enjoying that type of content will just scream that it is shit.
    It could be a literal pile of horseshit and some people will claim that it is fine and haters are self entitled twerps who are jumping on the bandwagon. It's pointless to discuss the merits of WoW on this forum. Both stays fell down the slippery slope long ago.

They bring forth 8.3's horrid dailies (note; not WQs), and Corruption system under a different guise.

They goof up scaling and I can't solo my old content. (Old content is like 90% of what I do in game)
    ...that's about all I care about since that's my content.
    Shitty Pathfinder requirements
    A 'it's not titanforging' system that's defacto titanforging
    A system on par with corruption
    They add a .. I dunno, portal mount for 10m gold and then remove it in 10.0

Oh, if the continents in shadowlands are disconnected and I have to run to a portal dude and teleport to a hub then take another portal to get to another continent. We discussed it in this thread https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...onnected-Zones
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

<Gestures vaguely at BfA> Like that I guess.

- Mythic+ being a major focus.
    - No PvP vendors
    - Random BGs being irrelevant.
    - Pathfinder
    - We need more RPG.
    - No tiersets
    - No class changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    They've already said corrupt is not what shadowlands will have for gearing - it's an 8.3 system - it's pretty obvious corruption isn't a good solution to titanforging
    Yeah they can say that but if they make some system up, let's call it Anima Harvesting and it's essentially corruption then it's still corruption under a different name. If they like remove one facet of the system it's still the same system.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    Still a little early on beta/ptr stuff. But can you think of anything that could happen, be changed, removed, or added, that would cause the expansion to become a famous meme as BFA did?

This is my attempt at some examples
    -AP grind is Actually back.
    -Bottle neck quests get rea-dded at the start of the expac
    -no flying at all through the whole thing
    -Shamans not being "completed" until patch 9.1.5
    -Rng + RnG for items you'll need to complete your legendary - resulting in you not completing your legendary or being "raid ready".. so you have to make a 2nd toon that passes the RNG check >> gets his legendary >> and is brought into raids instead.
    -Sylvannas still alive by patch 10.0
    -SJW stuff shoved in your face at the cost of good story telling.
    ~GCDs added to more abilities than ever

What ~could~ go wrong in shadowlands?

Basically by following the same path of BFA and Legion before the fix.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    -Community will complain about irrelevant shit all of the time.

This is my comprehensive list of stuff that will ruin Shadowlands.
    And this ends the list.

Imagine not even waiting for beta before you start complaining.

This is getting ridiculous.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Yeah they can say that but if they make some system up, let's call it Anima Harvesting and it's essentially corruption then it's still corruption under a different name. If they like remove one facet of the system it's still the same system.
    It's so sad to see them go down this path again and again and again. First legendaries, then traits, now corruption. Corruption itself is actually pretty cool imo, but how it's handed out is spectacularly bad. I won't claim to know how this could have been done perfectly but on top of my head what if:

-Corruptions was something YOU could apply to your items, and you could have 2, 3, 4 tops. You get to play around with combos, mixing good and bad effects and just find out what works for you.
    -You would unlock tier 1s easilly, easier than essences.
    -You still had to work for tier 2 and 3 for each one.
    -No fucking RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post

They've already said corrupt is not what shadowlands will have for gearing - it's an 8.3 system - it's pretty obvious corruption isn't a good solution to titanforging
    They're happy with it, so clearly something like it will be how gear works in Shadowlands as well. Doesn't matter if the playerbase disagrees.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

-people will shriek and moan about features that aren't even implemented yet
    -people will do the same with cutscenes that aren't finalized and the dialogue changes before the PTR ends
    -regardless of what happens with Sylvanas, people will manage to be disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Imagine not even waiting for beta before you start complaining.

This is getting ridiculous.
    Imagine not realising that BFA was BETA for Shadowlands