Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    Still a little early on beta/ptr stuff. But can you think of anything that could happen, be changed, removed, or added, that would cause the expansion to become a famous meme as BFA did?

This is my attempt at some examples
    -AP grind is Actually back.
    -Bottle neck quests get rea-dded at the start of the expac
    -no flying at all through the whole thing
    -Shamans not being "completed" until patch 9.1.5
    -Rng + RnG for items you'll need to complete your legendary - resulting in you not completing your legendary or being "raid ready".. so you have to make a 2nd toon that passes the RNG check >> gets his legendary >> and is brought into raids instead.
    -Sylvannas still alive by patch 10.0
    -SJW stuff shoved in your face at the cost of good story telling.
    ~GCDs added to more abilities than ever

What ~could~ go wrong in shadowlands?
    Easy:

- Grind shit again
    - RNG over RNG again
    - Bad class design again
    - No listening in Beta again
    - Halfassed Release again
    - Low quality again
    - No surprises and nothing new

In Short: Legion and BfA again.

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    oh yeah, as if this cycle isn't gonna happen again: "It's not even beta yet, wait for beta" > "Beta has just started, wait for later beta releases" > "it's just beta, wait for release they'll fix shit" > "the expansion just got released, have patience they will fix things next patch" > "they'll fix things next expansion for sure" > "it's not even beta lmao"
    It's my favorite cycle <3
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    -Community will complain about irrelevant shit all of the time.

This is my comprehensive list of stuff that will ruin Shadowlands.
    How can the complaints of the community ruin the game for you?

If the core character progession is as big of a failure as Azerite armor.

Right now I think its okay, when you have to add layers upon layers to the character progression system in order to make it somewhat okay, then the system didn't work in the first place, I firmly believe the biggest issue with BFA is that Azerite amor wasn't tested soon enough and so it couldn't undergo the changes it needed before BFA launched.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2020-02-15 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Imagine not even waiting for beta before you start complaining.

This is getting ridiculous.
    sorry but are you new here? because this is an endless cycle that keeps repeating itself. instead of stopping to wait for blizzard to change, force them to change by not giving them their money. it worked well with MoP and Legion because people left due to Cata and WoD
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    How can the complaints of the community ruin the game for you?
    You're new on the internet, i take it?

Blizzard listen to much to the community.

Lack of content.

If they just intend to add more of the same that we got now and nothing really new expansion grade stuff. There will be a lack of content. At least content that people care about.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    You're new on the internet, i take it?
    I'm genuinely curious.

If the general systems (regarding class/gear/pvp and others) of bfa/legion continues, shadowlands will suck no matter how good the content may be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still a little early on beta/ptr stuff. But can you think of anything that could happen, be changed, removed, or added, that would cause the expansion to become a famous meme as BFA did?

-Rng + RnG for items you'll need to complete your legendary - resulting in you not completing your legendary or being "raid ready".. so you have to make a 2nd toon that passes the RNG check >> gets his legendary >> and is brought into raids instead.

It's going to suck more than anything has ever sucked before or will ever suck again... according to at least one person... who that person is, well that will be determined in the future. No matter what Blizzard gives us someone will say it sucks.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

It already looks like absolute horse shit, honestly. But here's a few things:

-The lore is being retconned in aggressive ways, making past expansions utterly irrelevant. They've also already made powerful characters like Kil'jaedan and the Lich King look like absolute morons. KJ stole the artifacts for the LK rather than being a badass that created them and the LK is apparently some kind of lame gatekeeper rather than being a powerful villain.

-The things revealed at Blizzcon look boring as fuck. The various factions just seem like terribly timegated nonsense rather than being fun to interact with.

-Pandering to the Classic crowd by introducing old spells is absolutely stupid. There's no point in a Frost mage having fireball because it will do shit damage so nobody will use it. The Classic crowd has already pretty much vanished, leaving Classic servers ghost towns so it makes pandering to them even more of a mistake.

-Sylvanas will get a redemption arc and it will be poorly written.

I can honestly see Shadowlands being the LAST expansion. And good riddance, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I am really optimistic about shadowlands, because what blizzard are promising is what the game has need for the past 5 years - an expansion that doesn't just tack on a new shiny race or class, but rather aims to fix the glaring problems with the game and bring it into 2020 - and this has annoyed a lot of people who seem to prefer style over substance, which is fair enough - but they really need to nail systems and gameplay if they want it to work.

- - - Updated - - -

They've already said corrupt is not what shadowlands will have for gearing - it's an 8.3 system - it's pretty obvious corruption isn't a good solution to titanforging
    They said they wouldn't do mounts again from them Paragon Caches as well for BfA, and it made a return in 8.2 with the Royal Snapdragon.

Blizz lie through their teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsoni View Post
    AP grind continued
    No realm first lvl 60/professions etc achieve
    Flying on launch
    Corruption/Titanforging gearing
    More time gated content
    Lack luster PvP template pvp
    Not to forget, professions not mattering for example goblin glider tinker not usuable on the leg cloak in 8.3
    How to level professions and not need X amount of EXPLOSUM trash to level it up, or GET A RECIPE FROM NZOTH CULTISTS?! RNG TRASH

The only thing that I can say for sure I would dislike in Shadowlands is another AP grind. Holy shit I'm done with grinding AP.

I'm fairly certain they've already said there won't be an AP grind in SL though so it's all good

10+ Year Old Account
    AP grind coming back and lack of content are the only things that made BFA bad to me, so those things.

releasing with no additional features. Easily looking like a WoD no content expansion tbh , and blizzard thinking more replayable self maintened content is bad omen .

The expansion isn't even on beta but you're already trying to find reasons to complain. That's amazing. "I wanna be offended boohoohoo"
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-02-15 at 07:11 PM.

If they try to redeem Sylvanas in any way it will be a failure of a story. This galaxy brain 5Head Sylvanas plan would work out in single player game, not MMO with so many powerful lore characters who have been living for 10k years or more with not a single idea about how Shadowlands / afterlife works.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I'm genuinely curious.
    You're already posting on the prime example about how the community sucks. This very thread is about why a product we know nearly nothing about is shit. BfA is a mediocre xpac, not great, not terrible, but according to MMO-C it's worse than a root canal treatment without anesthesia.

This community can, and will, ruin everything, that's given.