Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Legion zones weren't exactly the biggest nor were MoP AND yet... -sips tea-

Quality > Quantity
    Roflll you assume smaller zones are quality. Blizzard educated you well boomer

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there an up to date terrain map of WoW? Latest I can find is only up to WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    its always nice when people from the future make threads

Stupid as usual.

People said BfA zones were small also. In actuality they are some of the biggest single zones to date. Perception =/= reality.

10+ Year Old Account

Quality > Quantity
    Isn't Pandaria bigger than Northrend?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    it doesn't look like it, but you should be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Eh, could be close, but just looking from the world map at it, i'd say Northrend is slightly bigger.
    Pandaria seems to be roughly the size of Icerown,Dragonblight,Sholazar Basin, Storm peaks, Zul Drak and Grizzly Hills combined, which leaves Borean Tundra and Howling Fjord.

7+ Year Old Account

Quality > Quantity
    MoP had some huge zones, Jade Forest for example which is one of the biggest zones in the game. BfA zones on the other hand are big but are filled with unusable or unused terrain so I have to agree with OP that yes please give us larger zones again as I feel the ones we've had lately are claustrophobic. With that said I really agree with quality over quantity in general.

Because everyone knows expansion quality is directly tied to the questing zone size.

Quote Originally Posted by fsfserre2 View Post
    if the zones are not connected it just doesnt feel the same, I dont care how large each individual one is.
    You genuinely think that the entire expansion is a 100% failure because the zones aren't physically connected?

I want some of whatever you are smoking.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

To me the problem is not the size of the zones but the fact that they are not connected. I'm not saying that the game will fail because of this, but if moving around the expansion zones becomes the same experience as moving around Argus, then no matter how fun, big or small each zone is, to me it will be a step backwards in terms of making a 'world' that feels like one and it will quickly become an unpleasant experience to navigate around.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Maldraxxus and Revendreth are the two largest zones ever made in WoW.

Make zones like they use to you say? Most vanilla zones are 1/3rd the size of modern zones.
    Last edited by Daara; 2020-02-15 at 08:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow. gamepedia. com/Shadowlands#/media/File:BlizzCon_2019_-_Shadowlands_map . jpg

These zones look way too SMALL and they have the same layout as previous 2 expansions.
    Is it that hard for them to come up with sizable zones like they used to do back in the day?

I don't need to know anything else about this xpac, that picture alone killed the whole vibe/hype for me.
    Oh no, the new account with no posts says SL will fail so it must be true!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    its always nice when people from the future make threads
    Shame though since none of them have given me my fortune or lottery numbers from the future yet.

Once it has been determined that the map/zones sizes are sufficient for enjoyable game play, the next thing that will "ruin" Shadowlands is that flying won't be unlocked for like the first year after release.

#CalledIt

There's no way to tell how big those continents are from this picture.

I wish Blizzard would make a low-effort throwaway "big" zone, I really do, just to rip the rose-tinted shades off of some people.

They could make it Silithus 3.0, where there's one small town in the middle, enemies are spaced miles apart in a barren landscape, and you're asked to take hour-long hikes to kill twelve bugs in three places and help a guy with his soup recipe.

Then when people complain about how the zone is actually awful, we can post quotes of them complaining about perceived zone sizes, and how cool it would be to have Vanilla Desolace again provided it's simply bigger. It'd be great.

wow. gamepedia. com/Shadowlands#/media/File:BlizzCon_2019_-_Shadowlands_map . jpg

These zones look way too SMALL and they have the same layout as previous 2 expansions.
    Is it that hard for them to come up with sizable zones like they used to do back in the day?

I don't need to know anything else about this xpac, that picture alone killed the whole vibe/hype for me.
    How in the fucking world map size/ connections between the zones could be a single condition that determines the success of the entire game? You can't even deduce the scale of the zones, since maps do not represent the sizes in 1:1.

It's even hard to call that a bias. It's just a pure stupidity led by irrational and dogmatic thinking. Seven hells, study some logic dude.

For all we know, those could be continents, and not actually zones. For all we know, there could be 5 zones in each landmass.

for all you know the scale could be something like https://imgur.com/a/137UsHP

stop complaining about things you dont know about

Quality > Quantity
    And MoP had actually both, quality and quantity. Legion was garbage, only the artefacts and suramar saved it. And Suramar was a real big city. And that actually means: QUANTITY!

So no, your last sentence is not true at all. Sorry, but this crap always flies around like a big pile of cow dung and never disappear. Because it's simply not true.

QUANTITY IS IMPORTANT, and it's at least as important as quality. If you say quality > quantity, it's stupid, because it needs to be in balance. Look at really good games: they had simply both: GTA 5 for example has a lot of quality, but also a lot of quantity. There were parts of the worlds you never visit in any quest at all, but they were there. Quality is important yes, but quantity is also important. Having a world where there is quality content and nothing else makes this a bad game. Because it doesn't feel like a world. When every bit of the content need to have some kind of connection to each other, it doesn't feel real. Quantity is an important factor, making a world big, not only for the sake of more content, but also simply because of the size alone. Having corners that doesn't have any quests, and still are visually unique and maybe is just useful for grinding makes it not quality-content, but it makes the content BETTER.

And yes, having 4 zones, not connected to each other is a BAD DECISION. The last time blizzard did this was in Cataclysm, and it was a DISASTER. And it will happen again. It don't feel like a connected world, and this will backlash.

So no, please stop with the Quality > Quantity. In fact, here is a better formula to make a good game: Quality + Quantity = Good game. Both needs to be high and in balance.