Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    I'm offended by Sonics language. I'm gonna take my kids to see harly Quinn

Any human will see the flaw in this thought process. Maybe it's more wholesome seeing her drop fuck all the time like logan? Anyway brace for unintentional comedy.
    I think its just toxic fandoms. You get these all the time. Sonic has a worse fandom and you clash those fandoms together then holy shit they'll be foreworks lol.

Fandoms are a disease. Or are the kids calling them 'stans' now, thats the word used for obsessed fans isnt it?

Saw it last night, and was pleasantly surprised. Comedy was nice, not forced, the Sonic voice actor is very into it and having fun so it comes across organically. Special effects are OP. Jim Carrey was awesome as Robotnik. Action is awesome, paying homage to the video game without being a parody of it. Human characters add to the story, don't take away from it, and it has heart. Expected but awesome mid-credits scene. Nice pace, only about an hour and a half but tells a full story that develops Sonic well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    I should know better in even asking... but what parts of Sonic were homophobic and racist? I must have blanked out at some point and completely missed them.
    None, I don't know who's seeing that, and where, but that's stupid. I mean, the main human characters are a bi-racial couple, how the hell is it racist?

Not sure where homophobic is coming from, there's not a single gay character, it's about a space hedgehog FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumba View Post
    Why would Bird of prey fans care about the Sonic movie? They don't really have the same audience.
    https://twitter.com/LSMark_/status/1226958098289635330

10+ Year Old Account
    Well sonic certainly has a....special fan base. It ain't their fault this time. It's twitter that can't accept the fact that birds didn't do well and are trying to shift the blame. It won't work but by god they're trying. Now I need to make tweets about paw patrol being Russian propaganda and Dora the explorer promoting teen pregnancy and drug use.
    That's just toxic twitter, I hate that mentality so much. I am just not into this us v them mentality when it comes to culture. I like what I like and I don't like what I don't like, and I leave it at that. I never make a big deal about it and successfully avoid drama at all costs.

I'll talk about movies with friends because we can actually have a mature conversation. My friends aint gonna call me a nazi or an SJW for liking or hating pieces of media, unless its banter of course :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    How could she see a screening of Sonic before on/before 10th of Feb? The film wasn't even out by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    How could she see a screening of Sonic before on/before 10th of Feb? The film wasn't even out by then.
    You’re missing the point here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    So, with echidnas at the beginning of the film and Tails at the end do we think we'll see both Tails and Knuckles in a sequel if it happens?
    I am sure we will see metal sonic in next movie.

Also.. one thing that ruined movie for me were trailers. Like spoiled 95% of movie.
    If you connect all trailers in order you get most of movie.

Cybershell needs to come back and do a review of this :P

Sonic gets a thumbs up for me because the director done something Hollywood hasn't done for years. Thank fans. It's nice not to be talked down to or blamed for shit. Looking at you birds of prey and dark fate.

https://mobile.twitter.com/rejectedj...93644633808896
    ah yes, the extremely rare hollywood occurrence of turning a video game franchise into a mediocre movie, groundbreaking, innovative, trailblazing

Sonic gets a thumbs up for me because the director done something Hollywood hasn't done for years. Thank fans. It's nice not to be talked down to or blamed for shit. Looking at you birds of prey and dark fate.
    Someone is salty birds of prey didn't do well. Maybe agenda driven garbage will work the next time. It'll be ok buddy.
    It's adorable that people seem to be confused when they're called misogynist dickbags who go out of their way to dislike a movie because women are the leads, when putting out a film with female leads is instantly viewed as "agenda driven garbage" by those same poor confused individuals.

It makes me wonder, though: How much would that terrible initial design have really effected the quality of the rest of the movie? Would the plot have been worse? Would the jokes have failed to land more often? Would the acting have suffered?

And for the record, I never bothered to see Birds of Prey, because the trailer I saw looked pretty shit, and coming off the back of Suicide Squad, I had no faith that the people involved cared about making a quality movie. I'm going to out on a limb and say that's the "normal" reaction, from someone who couldn't care less about a movie.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2020-02-17 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by perkocet View Post
    ah yes, the extremely rare hollywood occurrence of turning a video game franchise into a mediocre movie, groundbreaking, innovative, trailblazing
    Or fans respond to when a movie actually takes their criticism into account and makes it better.

Rather than just shitting all over them and calling them neckbeards or something.

Shocking.

Nobody is even saying the movie is amazing. But people are supporting it because the company actually listened to feedback and changed the movie to something better.

I don't get the whole Birds of Prey vs Sonic thing either. It seems completely manufactured by dishonest third party actors trying to make drama so they can write articles and/or post youtube videos about it. I only heard about it just today and it seems dumb in every possible way. The moves' audiences really don't even overlap, or at least not what audiences the movies are marketing toward.