Poll: What is your preferred gearing system?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    The reason literally ANYONE votes for Titanforging is because Corruption's issues is more recent.
    Or not. Not sure why people always presume to be representatives of the entire population of the globe.
    My guild raids heroic only. We have a friendly guild when no one is left behind, even the dpses that die at pull and do less than the healer's dps (heroic allows us to have a flexible number of people). So titanforging? It was a bonus. It meant for me the following:
    1. I'd be able to have better gear and sort of carry people
    2. Even the worst of the worst, with some better gear might do slightly better
    3. I'd be able to help my friends with their Mythic raids from other realms once the 100 world first kills were done or whenever Blizz decided we can do it cross realm.
    So for me and the people in my guild, we had no downsides, only benefits.
    We didn't farm anything, we didn't get left out, we didn't bitch about someone's dps on logs (that are nowadays used as worldwide recount instead of figuring out why you wiped).

Not sure why it's such a hard concept to grasp - if you don't compete against anyone else and don't feel the need to farm, upgrades are upgrades and they're good, no matter from where they come from.

Btw, I don't mind corruption either.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post

Let's see...

Item can corrupt or not.
    If corrupted the item can have a corruption out of like 20(?)
    If the corruption trait is what we want, there are 3 tiers

Not to mention, good corruption traits are worth more than 30 ilvls
    And you need one or two of them, instead of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Or not. Not sure why people always presume to be representatives of the entire population of the globe.
    My guild raids heroic only. We have a friendly guild when no one is left behind, even the dpses that die at pull and do less than the healer's dps (heroic allows us to have a flexible number of people). So titanforging? It was a bonus. It meant for me the following:
    1. I'd be able to have better gear and sort of carry people
    2. Even the worst of the worst, with some better gear might do slightly better
    3. I'd be able to help my friends with their Mythic raids from other realms once the 100 world first kills were done or whenever Blizz decided we can do it cross realm.
    So for me and the people in my guild, we had no downsides, only benefits.
    We didn't farm anything, we didn't get left out, we didn't bitch about someone's dps on logs (that are nowadays used as worldwide recount instead of figuring out why you wiped).

Not sure why it's such a hard concept to grasp - if you don't compete against anyone else and don't feel the need to farm, upgrades are upgrades and they're good, no matter from where they come from.

Btw, I don't mind corruption either.
    I'm not saying Titanforging has no merits at all, but I am saying it is the worst form of RNG progerssion. Keep in mind, balance is done with Titanforging in mind, meaning the raids became harder for those that spend less time farming, such as your guild.

Corruption has the same effect as Titanforging in the sense that you have a chance to get a stronger piece, but instead of one single better item, it instead makes an item MUCH better with negative side effects. You still have the option to farm to carry your guild (getting more and/or better suited Corruptions), but the guild as a whole will be stronger because of it, because you don't want to overdo Corruption unlike Titanforging.

That said, I do concede that Titanforging was easier to understand (no thinking required at all even), and that I didn't consider that for some that's a clear bonus for some. I personaly see it as a good thing that Corruption has more depth, but I understand there are some that might not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Random stats are ok but when we could get loot multiple times. WoW has raid locks 1 per week. Using random stat drops is just pain in this situation. Adding or rerolling shit on actually obrained item is ok because you can do it multiple times.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla supported by a badge system to fill in holes that bad rng left you with.
    Though I'd be fine with what we got if they allowed for extensive reforging/picking your own corruption through pita quest/system.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Static ilvl + reforging.
    Item upgrading system by badges/valor points from MoP was cool too.

7+ Year Old Account
    MoP / WoD version was fine in my eyes. It was a nice little bonus if you got lucky, but it didn't make a drastic impact. Legion just made it ridiculous. Corruption is at least more interesting, but completely bonkers and broken. Thankfully my first weekly chest gave me something ill never need to replace most of the time, but for everyone else, whos struggling to obtain a useful piece, they're suffering greatly from the lack of good corruption items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    Isn't that kinda the same for everyone though? If I'm a skilled rogue player a good corruption will not take my skill away, just add damage to it. I mean, even if a corruption did 30% of my damage I would not just relax and lower my normal damage by some 20% to compensate :P Would it be that corrutpion promotes a different playstyle like only spaming generators and still do more damage, then it's busted, yes.

Tuning and balancing is always a thing. I'm not saying corruption is perfect, I just like the concept, it just needs balancing, tuning and a bad luck protection system. It was the same for titanforging.
    Proc damage corruption effects will trigger no matter how well you're playing. This can potentially carry bad a player's dps over that of a good player in a way which would be impossible for stat increasing corruption effects. The class imbalance issue i'm talking about is unique to corruption. Mages and DH for example can take their corruption much higher than other classes due to their surplus of defensive and mobility options, granting them a significant advantage.

I like the corruption effects when they are guaranteed on some boss loot items, like some of the weapons in Ny’alotha.

Static drops and reforging back since they can never truly balance secondary stats. Or at the very least.... Make sockets great again.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

I prefer pre titanforging model. I don't think titanforging works as advertised. Nobody is running old content for general upgrades or "helping" out friends and shit. New chars just go 120 > benthic/invasion boa's > welfare ilvl from cloak and neck > free pieces from weekly quests/warfronts > pvp weapon > world quest/LFR/m+0 gear to reach 439.5 ilvl > emissary 445s > m+. Or get boosted by friends in m+ right away. The only ones farming old content are classes that have OP trinkets, in the hope of getting that one item to proc.

And corruption is it's own can of worms, with so many issues it feels like an intern was in charge of balancing.

I can, maybe, get behind some extra variety in the form of extra stats. As long as they rework leech, cause it's like intellect on steroids for healers. Maybe even sockets, if they keep a way to add them to items, preferably not locked behind months of grind this time. And I can agree on some titanforging-like system for leveling and early content. Make dungeons (LFD, not m+) relevant again, let things upgrade to m+4'ish level (normal raids) level, so you can skip ahead in gearing if you get lucky. But keep the random out of engame stuff.

I always found that the best rewards are things you work for, reliable and fair. Yeah, it feels good to get a random high level item from doing a world quest, but that happiness fades fast and does not leave a good memory behind. I still remember my first proper raid drop. It was kinda shit and I replaced it pretty fast, but it left behind a good memory, it was the first fruit of my labor. I still remember getting the staff of Deathwing on our first kill. Or the fire kitty spear on my alt. Nowadays fuck if I know where my items came from. Probably m+ chest. Or bought for residium. They are transmoged anyway, cause they are from a 2 year old dungeon and don't fit together visually.

Today's gearing process is akin to rat race. A mess of bodies, grabbing anything that falls on their path, before rushing off to the next thing, running in circles in a dark basement.
    Last edited by Echeyakee; 2020-02-16 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    I prefer pre titanforging model. I don't think titanforging works as advertised. Nobody is running old content for general upgrades or "helping" out friends and shit. New chars just go 120 > benthic/invasion boa's > welfare ilvl from cloak and neck > free pieces from weekly quests/warfronts > pvp weapon > world quest/LFR/m+0 gear to reach 439.5 ilvl > emissary 445s > m+. Or get boosted by friends in m+ right away. The only ones farming old content are classes that have OP trinkets, in the hope of getting that one item to proc.
    This means it was working as intended. Titanforging was meant to be a bonus, not something you actively seek.
    If you were in heroic guild it helped you make non-zero chance to get some upgrade from a raid, same goes for M+ players.
    Now since it's gone, weekly chest been upgraded to mythic ilvl but that won't work since yet again stupiditly OP trinkets from raid.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    This means it was working as intended. Titanforging was meant to be a bonus, not something you actively seek.
    If you were in heroic guild it helped you make non-zero chance to get some upgrade from a raid, same goes for M+ players.
    Now since it's gone, weekly chest been upgraded to mythic ilvl but that won't work since yet again stupiditly OP trinkets from raid.
    Yet it never was just a bonus, especially in m+. I lost count how many times I've heard "Nice *item*, too bad it did not TF" when looting the end of dungeon chest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly never minded titan/etcforging. But I miss reforging so much.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    I honestly never minded titan/etcforging. But I miss reforging so much.
    Reforging was probably one of the best things about MoP.

Extended Kanai's Cube.

Static iLvl
    Titanforge but only tertiary stats (can roll 1-3 tertiary stats)
    reforging
    Roll corruption as current

Purging an items corruption effect allows you to "collect" it (the effect and rank) you can then spend momentos to apply it to your gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    Yet it never was just a bonus, especially in m+. I lost count how many times I've heard "Nice *item*, too bad it did not TF" when looting the end of dungeon chest.
    It was always just a bonus. Unless you have OCD and delusioned yourself that you somehow need TF to be successful.
    But in reality you didn't need it.

Bigger problem was sockets than entire titanforging/warforging.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The corrupted system is horrible and way worse than TF IMO.

If an item has a 30% chance to drop from a boss you overall have a 1.7% chance of it dropping and corrupting to the affix/Tier that you want.............it is literally almost the same territory as legendary drops like glavies. Because your chances are so low, you are constantly on a convyer belt of dissapointment, even upgrades feel bad because of how powerful the right corrupted gear is.

They need to stop trying to please everyone because all they end up doing is pleasing no one, and realise that the vast majority of players do not like their RNG.........this is not Diablo!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    why are you keep repeating this dumb nonsense?
    You dont neeed "any" gear beside what raiders have who got WF because they prove you can kill the hardest boss in the game with it! so blizzard can just make that gear above it 0.001% drop because you dont need it! and you are not allowed to complain! GENIUS

also considering there is pvp its makes your claim even more retarded then it is
    Dumb nonsense is what you are repeating. You DON'T need TF or WF in every slot to beat everything that this game has to offer.
    Including PvP.

Mythic raids were cleared in less than heroic gear (EP 435 when base mythic level was 445, max ilvl was 455)
    Top PvP players not having even close to bis gear.

During all of my years of playing I came to conclusion that only bad players complain about gear.
    Simply because their skill is subpar and obviously they have to blame something else other than themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    thats what i said, cant you even read now? holy fucking shit my dude atleast read the stuff you reply.
    I came to the conclusion that you have dylexia and a bad case of seething, so now try again actually adress what i wrote
    Did you read what you wrote? Did you understand what I said in the first place? No.
    Assaulting attitude won't help your arguments to look better, it will be the opposite.