Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    1 big problem with your assumption that the zones are small, you have no clue what scale that map is.
    exactly
    if that is ur problem, don't worry
    zandalari map look far smaller than the zone actual size, they aren't the most massive, but when i saw maps i honestly was expecting far smaller maps than what we got in-game
    and i never cared about map size vs actual size, because since vanilla and maps don't really show what we get in-game
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Haters gonna hate OP. You made an account just to say this? Were you banned before?
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

5+ Year Old Account
    Just 5 things.

1. We don't know the scale of the maps.
    2. Quality is not the same as quantity
    3. WoW maps generally have a large verticality to them with caves, lakebeds and catacombs. The zones aren't just flat surfaces.
    4. Small zones can have just as much content as large zones, if they are densly populated enough.
    5. If the combat and/or the story sucks, you could have a new continent the size of Kalimdor and you still wouldn't enjoy the game.

Did I miss any other thing that makes this "prediction" a complete and utter bullshit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Wait what? Is that true? Continents being in their own instance makes sense, but individual zones now? That is not good.
    yeah i hated that part the most of cata
    and it will be weird, blizz did say they learned from cata how bad it is to do instanced zones
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    What hype is there supposed to be?

All the bad shit that has been tainting the game for years is still in Shadowlands: Crossrealm zones, phasing, 4 raid difficulties, matchmade pve, terrible gearing system, terrible class design/talents, no sense of progression, constant devaluation of your accomplishments, no rpg elements, everything served to you on a silver plater and so on.

They can keep their cheap trash.
    After BFA's obvious and overbearing SJW / feminist propaganda I'd say I've reached the end of the line for this game unless they somehow split with activision and return to making games that are fun to play inspite of any other shortcomings.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    So much projection, it's astounding.
    Yeah, either that or paid activision shills desperate to do damage control. They only want to see their inflated stock price go higher as they continue pumping out garbage that nobody wants - a complete departure from the timeless classics that blizzard was originally known for.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    All the zones will also be separated I think they said. So they’re all in their own individual instances.
    That's even worse. At this point "world of warcraft" is false and misleading; "zones of warcraft" should be the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Haters gonna hate OP. You made an account just to say this? Were you banned before?
    Oh, does someone saying things you don't agree with getting "banned" validate your perspective? If he was banned, that's all the more reason I'd like to hear him out. How many more acti-shills are are these forums just frothing at the mouth wishing they could ban anyone telling the truth about their garbage products and terrible business practices. How many were laid off recently just so they could appease their shareholders?

Quote Originally Posted by fsfserre2 View Post
    if the zones are not connected it just doesnt feel the same, I dont care how large each individual one is.
    So will it fail because of small zones or non connected zones?

Yikes forever.

You're right they are even smaller than Ion.

Im gonna go ahead and place a bet that each island will be its own instance. Because thats how blizz builds worlds nowdays...
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    The worst on those i call them "overwatch maps" is that you can not move freely. Hoping this is the right term for it. But they are blending so many aspects. Like Background and Periphels/Doodads. Nazjatar and Argus are one good example for this.

- - - Updated - - -

When we look Backwards, the trend is Smaller Zones.
    No it's not? The zones were only getting bigger over the expansions. The BfA zones are massive

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Im gonna go ahead and place a bet that each island will be its own instance. Because thats how blizz builds worlds nowdays...
    We already know that each of them is their own map. You won't be able to fly from one to another. The shadowlands isn't a planet nor is the stuff between them just void.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    uhh. it looks like the size of Nazjatar? a patch continent. if one of three zones is looking to be this small, then it's not a good look for Blizz.
    What? Nazjatar is huge, and arguably bigger than most expansion zones in general. Like, people complained its too big.

10+ Year Old Account
    if the zones are not connected it just doesnt feel the same, I dont care how large each individual one is.
    We can have a void-like area between them and just fly over. We will see. I also don't like instanced zones but I am hoping for Outlands style where you can fly over the void part and go between zones.

So much for "we've learned from our mistakes in Cata where each zone was separate".

Hey douchebags, why does zone size even matter if all that matters in instanced content anyways? Like seriously GET GOOD, so many fucking has beens and boomers

10+ Year Old Account
    No one, besides you, cares how you feel about them. And how you feel about them doesn't mean anything in regards to whether or not Shadowlands will fail.

The amount of pointless/useless topics on this site never fails to astound me.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    1 big problem with your assumption that the zones are small, you have no clue what scale that map is.
    Maybe he is using Ion for scale! Ion is only man sized and not planet sized. Picture shows each zone is smaller than a man and so must be tiny!

This maps for now minds nothing. Ppl find WoD worst expansion ever, but if you ask about zones and graphic side, WoD was pretty cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a continental view of the expansion's zones. There's no way to tell how large the in-game zones actually are based on this image.

These zones look way too SMALL and they have the same layout as previous 2 expansions.
    I dont care how large each individual one is.
    make them larger
    Say everything about the OP in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Expert View Post
    Yeah, either that or paid activision shills desperate to do damage control. They only want to see their inflated stock price go higher as they continue pumping out garbage that nobody wants - a complete departure from the timeless classics that blizzard was originally known for.
    I remember Blizzard "pumping out garbage nobody wants" since as early as TBC (which is the earliest I can prove). But sure, keep throwing ad-hominems at people who disagree with you.

That's even worse. At this point "world of warcraft" is false and misleading; "zones of warcraft" should be the name.
    So you're scraping the bottom of the barrel of things to complain about, since at no point it was said that WoW would be a "game without instances".