Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's the newest version, it plays just fine.
    Can't verify that.

If launch it via launcher, it attempts to download Reforged, if i launch the .exe, i get this message.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Can't verify that.

If launch it via launcher, it attempts to download Reforged, if i launch the .exe, i get this message.
    It "downloads" reforged but you still play the classic game with classic models, etc. works just fine, has matchmaking for pvp if that's your thing (not mine, i just play campaign and skirmish vs ai)

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    So tell me Ielenia, how else to make the Blizzard see our anger at them? This gives them bad publicity and gods damnit they should have bad publicity.
    So making up unfair scores is the way to go? You do you know can express your anger and discontent without being unfair, right?

So tell me Ielenia, how else to make the Blizzard see our anger at them? This gives them bad publicity and gods damnit they should have bad publicity. They would never release refund numbers or anyting like that (and that kinda means voting with wallet is pointless, even if that had ever worked), so people do this, as they cant do anything more.
    WC3 forums are fricking dead, Blue's are not posting and downplaying the issues and even manage to insult players "We are sorry we did not meet your expecations". They fucking broke the original game, so how else point their fuckup out?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Blizzards toxic rabid white knight fanbase in a nutshell.

It "downloads" reforged but you still play the classic game with classic models, etc. works just fine, has matchmaking for pvp if that's your thing (not mine, i just play campaign and skirmish vs ai)
    ...It's the reforged client with classic models, but thanks for stating something that i already knew.

Btw. Campaign is easier on Reforged than previously, because it uses TFT Balance and not RoC and some enemies are just flat weaker.

...It's the reforged client with classic models, but thanks for stating something that i already knew.

Btw. Campaign is easier on Reforged than previously, because it uses TFT Balance and not RoC and some enemies are just flat weaker.
    So you already new it played just fine but tried to say it didn't?

So you already new it played just fine but tried to say it didn't?
    That's not what i said.
    My point is that you cannot play the old game anymore without jumping through hoops.

That's not what i said.
    My point is that you cannot play the old game anymore without jumping through hoops.
    But you can load it up and play it right now without jumping through any hoops. It's still the old game.

What you want to do is play an older PATCH of the old game. The game itself works fine.

But you can load it up and play it right now without jumping through any hoops. It's still the old game.

What you want to do is play an older PATCH of the old game. The game itself works fine.
    Did you have any custom maps in your current War3 folders?
    If you did, you're in for a surprise.

Did you have any custom maps in your current War3 folders?
    If you did, you're in for a surprise.
    I don't play custom maps or mods, that is not a guaranteed part of the game, the game as blizzard has designed it is 100% playable.

I don't play custom maps or mods, that is not a guaranteed part of the game, the game as blizzard has designed it is 100% playable.
    Let me get this straight:
    It's okay to you that the Reforge installation simply deletes files (which has been a major factor why people still played the game) off people's PC without even informing them?

Let's just say i was playing an offline custom campaign before Reforge came out and now want to finish it.

Oops, i guess?

Let me get this straight:
    It's okay to you that the Reforge installation simply deletes files (which has been a major factor why people still played the game) off people's PC without even informing them?

Let's just say i was playing an offline custom campaign before Reforge came out and now want to finish it.

Oops, i guess?
    Updates do that all the time, let's say you play a game like Skyrim and they update it from 1.0 to 1.1 and it breaks half your mods, you going to bitch over that too?

User created content, even if allowed in the game, is always subject to being broken during game updates.

User created content, even if allowed in the game, is always subject to being broken during game updates.
    Broken is something totally different than being deleted.
    If a map gets broken by an update, i can rollback to a previous version and still play it.

If my entire library of Custom maps gets deleted off my PC due to a forced update, i should at least get informed about beforehand so i can make a backup.

Fuck me, can you not spot the difference between something that doesn't work properly and something that's not there anymore?

Broken is something totally different than being deleted.
    If a map gets broken by an update, i can rollback to a previous version and still play it.

If my entire library of Custom maps gets deleted off my PC due to a forced update, i would at least get informed about beforehand so i can make a backup.
    I mean, it would be nice, but no one is requiring them to, when you agree to the initial install you are agreeing to them editing whatever they need to in the folder you specify and any subfolders.

I mean, it would be nice, but no one is requiring them to, when you agree to the initial install you are agreeing to them editing whatever they need to in the folder you specify and any subfolders.
    Even used the custom maps to advertise for their damn product, so one would assume some sort of precaution on that front.

That people have even the nerve to defend something such as indefensible as this is truly staggering.

As customers we are probably not doing any favors in deliberately ruining a rating system that can and should have been used to give us a reasonable representation of the quality of a product, in order to help us decide whether to buy it or not and what to realistically except.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    So making up unfair scores is the way to go? You do you know can express your anger and discontent without being unfair, right?
    I literally just asked you how? Nothing works, they just wave it all away. So, how?

Like this?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    When a company does something to copies of an 18 year old game to the extent that the workaround essentially is "torrent an old copy and apply a crack for a previous game version of a game you legally bought", that absolutely deserves a 0/10.

Blizzard could have left the client for old WC3 as it was, and just shut off the matchmaking servers for it, if they didn't want to continue supporting that, and released a separate client for reforged, but they didn't do that.

I literally just asked you how? Nothing works, they just wave it all away. So, how?
    How about by giving an honest opinion and give the game a fair score? I've literally said that, repeatedly, over my posts.

By the way: if you think Blizzard does not care about customer feedback, why do you think they would care about the Metacritic score?