Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Who really likes to do all the same raids/BG's/WQ's over and over just for gear? Repetitive content is the backbone of ANY MMORPG, and me and my friends simply adore the scaling and changing difficulty of M+. You are against PvE content being done "over and over just for gear", yet you claim that Classic, with their 1 difficulty dungeons and raids cleared in 32 min will keep retail alive? Fkin please.
    I don’t understand why people think “we’ll challenge modes you were done and people only do high level for gear”

That’s why people push +18...yeah

Challenge modes were boring
    They nerfed your character
    Potions were required
    If you already had silver then you would just walk out if you failed gold

Now you get a reward if you failed and it helps with your next run

Complete all on +5 get the title
    +10 mount
    +15 transmog

Emissaries allow less burn out

Mythic raiding and cross realm allow better tuning and more accessibility

You just can’t dare say any systems from WoW now would be an improvement

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Who really likes to do all the same raids/BG's/WQ's over and over just for gear? Repetitive content is the backbone of ANY MMORPG, and me and my friends simply adore the scaling and changing difficulty of M+. You are against PvE content being done "over and over just for gear", yet you claim that Classic, with their 1 difficulty dungeons and raids cleared in 32 min will keep retail alive? Fkin please.
    Its pvp is keeping it alive, i cannot imagine to play classic for pve only right now without even AQ and Naxx, guess Naxx will be quite a challenge.

But just compare classics pvp with retails pvp and here we are now. Most pvp interested people do play mythic+ for gear, i kid you not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    What I meant with cross room was Cross realm raiding

Also for me challenge modes were less like mythic plus then some people think because while it was timed it would scale the characters back so you were really limited on the different ways that you could do things whereas if you had the mythic plus system and had the level five dungeon give the title the level 10 dungeon gift amount and the level 15 dungeon give you the armor it would’ve been much easier to get people to run the content

If we had the stats then we could compare how many people have completed a +15 compared to how many people got a gold challenge mode dungeon because in challenge Motes the only reward really was the title of the mound and the armor whereas mythic plus you get gear as well and some of the gear out of the dungeon’s in missed was actually kind of fun compared to Raid gear

If we had the stats then we could compare how many people have completed a +15 compared to how many people got a gold challenge mode dungeon because in challenge Motes the only reward really was the title of the mound and the armor whereas mythic plus you get gear as well and some of the gear out of the dungeon’s in missed was actually kind of fun compared to Raid gear

Players having to do content they don’t like to stay relevant is something that I don’t like but it has been in the game for pretty much a decade and I don’t see it going anywhere anytime soon people act like it is something brand new and that only one side has to deal with it while it has been something for many expansions in one way or another

- - - Updated - - -

Not really because if you go into warlords of drain or dungeons were pointless you would max character immediately hop and Ella far or equip some craft gear and then never have to worry about running a dungeon in your life not to mention they were so easy by the end of the expansion that you could queue up as a tank in DPS spec and not have to worry about anything in the dungeons had this problem for both missed and warlords and it wasn’t fixed until the mythic plus system came in which is fine they fixed an issue and it was indeed an issue when you have 10 dungeons and after you do the First wings of Ella far those dungeons are now meaningless in fact at the end of warlords you never had to do a single dungeon because you would logon going to tonight on farm crystals get the gear tokens and be done you would then going to the Raid and never have to touch a dungeon
    Maybe i am wrong, and i justmiss pvp vendors with pvp stats on gear, if blizz would do this, mythic+ could co exist better with a pvp system in mind, but right now on live servers the situation is very misshandled for the various types of players.

However, i wouldn't mind the old mythic+0 only dungeons back in wod and reputation tabards from cataclysm added to it, and mythic+ replaced, buy that tower rogue thingie(like horrific vision? but more accessable?) for gear.

Right now, getting reputation for factions by only doing WQ or dailies in the case of uldum and valley is tiresome - for alts that is, and the rewards are not simple cosmetics, but strong essence upgrades.

Cata gave tabards for 5mans to run for reputation, MoP had increased reputation for alts once you maxed the faction reps out with your main, and since legion there is no catchup in this area for alts - while legion, if i remember correctly, gave no essential rewards like BfA essences.

Thus i am right with the alt unfriendlyness of BfA, and maybe wrong on the mythic+ part as a general design idea independetly from other sources to aquire gear, but this is currently the most efficent way to gear up(for alts) and we run the same dungeons since launch, minus mechagnome dungeon.

I do not think this system should carry over to SL in this form, they should change some things at least, so mythic+ is not that dominant in aquiring gear that is worth something. As rated pvp rewards are unpredictable and even more rng than the mythic+ you run, and raids have their weekly lockouts.

I would like to play an alt to the max, but i know thats not going to be the case, except i simply switch mains and this will still be tiresome due to the many systems of BfA.

There is a link to provide feedback to the devs: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/Bell83

It would be a good idea to give our devs feedback as much as possible, to prevent another desaster of system clashes as in BfA, it seems Blizz are pretty behind in schedule for SL so there is some hope to get things right, before stuff is final. (like remove gcd change, give pvp vendors, make the game more alt friendly, class design, raid class tier sets ..)
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2020-02-15 at 09:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    That’s... i feel for you.
    Why? I use Reddit for news. You see how many posts I have, so why not?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Why? I use Reddit for news. You see how many posts I have, so why not?
    Holy shit this is me, but instead of home screen they're those "most visited" options on the google chrome home screen. I'll have mmo-c/twitch/reddit in top 3 rotating followed by YT/amazon/wowhead rotating lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    "Wow will be kept alive by classic servers."

Oh come on with this classic stuff. BFA might have its problems, but its not inferior to classic. My god...people love to doomsay.
    Kinda shows how out of touch people are huh? It's not hard to do though in this day and age (including day and age of Internet).

Sometimes I browse r/wow and r/classicwow and you wouldn't be able to really tell that the hype for Classic has died just from visiting those two places to compare as new posts are happening daily.

But you can tell from more factors like a bunch of wow streamers either going back to playing retail or playing other video games. Seeing less classic related youtube videos on recommended (unless that's all the subject one ever watches).

Basically it's very easy for people to live in their own bubble on the internet just as some do irl.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Dont give them ideas for stupid kelfins! They were never a speculated race, just that no one wants those.

They fucking suck.
    You people need to stop bashing other races already. The Vulpera and Sethrak community have got some serious issues when it comes to this. At least the Sanlayn community somewhat maintains a police of avoiding bashing other racial communities. Kelfin would make an excellent race. Aquatic suvivalists that are a non greedy close to nature take on goblins and there are many people who do want them and like them a lot.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RayoftheSun View Post
    You people need to stop bashing other races already. The Vulpera and Sethrak community have got some serious issues when it comes to this. At least the Sanlayn community somewhat maintains a police of avoiding bashing other racial communities. Kelfin would make an excellent race. Aquatic suvivalists that are a non greedy close to nature take on goblins and there are many people who do want them and like them a lot.
    Kelfin will most likely become what Wildhammer have become. A skin for existing goblins. We've already seen how drastically they're changing up the color variation within races (look at the variety of skin tones Trolls will have now not just hues of blue/purple, same for Undead it's not just hues of paleness). Same for Humans and Dwarves and the rumored dark skins for Blood Elves.

It's not that Kelfin couldn't make an excellent race. It's just what Blizzard arbitrarily deems worth doing as an AR or not.

I think they also realize Allied Races in place of race character customization was too limiting and is why we're getting the race customization overhaul in Shadowlands.

Thank you bud! Made some experience, when just talking about Kelfins, but still got attacked out of nowhere, since some people would be so upset just thinking at them as a serious "threat" regarding Vulpera (the Mechagnome bashing is not better, hehe). But yeah thank you, lad. Just so let people enjoy stuff, hehe.

Kelfin will most likely become what Wildhammer have become. A skin for existing goblins. We've already seen how drastically they're changing up the color variation within races (look at the variety of skin tones Trolls will have now not just hues of blue/purple, same for Undead it's not just hues of paleness). Same for Humans and Dwarves and the rumored dark skins for Blood Elves.

It's not that Kelfin couldn't make an excellent race. It's just what Blizzard arbitrarily deems worth doing as an AR or not.

I think they also realize Allied Races in place of race character customization was too limiting and is why we're getting the race customization overhaul in Shadowlands.
    But on that note. If this does happen and they become recurring characters that help the horde, I will be happy. The biggest downside is no gilgoblin druids, heritage armor and racials, but at least there is the other stuff.

Thank you bud! Made some experience, when just talking about Kelfins, but still got attacked out of nowhere, since some people would be so upset just thinking at them as a serious "threat" regarding Vulpera (the Mechagnome bashing is not better, hehe). But yeah thank you, lad. Just so let people enjoy stuff, hehe.
    Mechagnomes at least have the advantage that since they become an allied race, if anyone talks crap about these then its easy to laugh it off. But gilgoblins not only didn't become playable, but they stand in the shadow of the biggest allied race group which has unfortuntaly meant that even just merely mentioning them means a high risk of getting attacked and its stupid. Kelfin and Vulpera lore wise would be races that should get along excellent and make great partners.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping they announce some kind of event Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    So are we thinking that alpha datamining could start anytime this month?
    I'm betting on this week and everything after because they will announce the expansion release date in april
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Holy shit this is me, but instead of home screen they're those "most visited" options on the google chrome home screen. I'll have mmo-c/twitch/reddit in top 3 rotating followed by YT/amazon/wowhead rotating lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Kinda shows how out of touch people are huh? It's not hard to do though in this day and age (including day and age of Internet).

Sometimes I browse r/wow and r/classicwow and you wouldn't be able to really tell that the hype for Classic has died just from visiting those two places to compare as new posts are happening daily.

But you can tell from more factors like a bunch of wow streamers either going back to playing retail or playing other video games. Seeing less classic related youtube videos on recommended (unless that's all the subject one ever watches).

Basically it's very easy for people to live in their own bubble on the internet just as some do irl.
    Yeah, when that own bubble is pvp you are correct i see only strict pve players posting here.

The problem of many missunderstandings between retail and classic is pvp, its vastly different and more fun in classic. PvE is ofc a borefest in classic, for obvious reasions.

Its really not that hard to understand what makes classic great?

The other part is people are more helping and cooperating/communicating, sever identity, no shard tech, scaling shenigans and so on.

Classic WILL carry wow to SL in the long term after a few months of 8.3., not right after 8.3. its still fresh, but in the time of complete boring emptiness that will come after it, as BfA will no longer provided with additional content, additional content is the most important thing in a PvE structured game after all.

PvP the replayable content, is a clown fiesta in BfA 8.3. even after the corruption nerfs, 200k in a GCD is possible with corrupted gear/trinkets right now, not coming from class abilities. I can link the footage.

Burst in classic, will come from class abilities at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic will not carry anything.. and PVP was no better then it is right now.. at least a class is viable to go in there unlike in Vanilla. Classic isn't *great* it just is a point in time and going back to that should not be a thing. There's also one thing I can tell from classic its not specfically because of PVP, it seems to be more then one part of classic.

I don't know what it all is but PVP alone is not it
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2020-02-16 at 06:34 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Classic will not carry anything.. and PVP was no better then it is right now.. at least a class is viable to go in there unlike in Vanilla. Classic isn't *great* it just is a point in time and going back to that should not be a thing. There's also one thing I can tell from classic its not specfically because of PVP, it seems to be more then one part of classic.

Why the hate for classic ?

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Dont give them ideas for stupid kelfins! They were never a speculated race, just that no one wants those.

They fucking suck.
    I'm only pointing out candidates for when the initial AR cycle is complete. Also, I disagree with your opinion.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

well, you have no clue then, most streams of classic are about pvp, while retail pvp is a clownfiesta and simply garbage that was too much infected by the pve direction of the last 2 expansions of wow.

As for classes you know which ones are viable and it won't change anytime soon.

Most streams you see on retail are about pve like the current raid and horrific visions runs.

Once retail runs out of steam, due to lack of PvE content, only classic can carry wow to SL.

The only way to prevent 8.3. running out of steam is to add more content or make at least alts viable, with those gating systems in place essences, cloak + visions, some good corruption gear that won't be likely.

It does not take a rocket scientist to see how BfA will run out of steam long before SL releases, if the devs don't apply some system changes.

I saw many many posts of people saying they allready have a burn out of stuff to do in 8.3. There is a lot to do, but nothing feels fun and meaningful, other than the raid.

If i am done with the raiding, i will return to classic in a heart-beat.

Once the initial farming of Ny'alotha is over Twitch streamers will begin Alpha/Beta streaming, as well as boost runs for the AotC mount, just like happened for previous expansions. Not to mention M+ might still be alive and kicking for all we know.
    It is easy to forget, but once we enter the post-expansion drought we usually start seeing people get more adventerous in what content they try to do. Maybe some streamers will attempt ot get the AH mount before it is too late, or farming the Gladiator mounts, or gladiator sets.

Not ot mention, Classic is essentially being kept on life support with the staggered release, and there are still 2 major events that have yet to happen that will keep players attentions. Opening of Ahn'Qiraj, which people can theoretically start farming for already now, and Naxxramas and the accompanying legendary questline, which is unavailable now, and therefore a lucrative goal for those who still play Classic.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I'm betting on this week and everything after because they will announce the expansion release date in april
    I don't think it would be wise to announce a release date in April. This will automatically corner them in terms of allotted time for development. Right now, at least, they have a "on or before 12/31/2020", which should be used to its fullest if we are to get a community-approved expansion and not something that needs 1 year of extra development just so it can fix it's apparent flaws that are identified but not fixed during testing.

It's better to announce the release date six to eight weeks in advance in my opinion. Drop the pre-patch 2-3 weeks after announcing the release date and give people 2 weeks to acclimate to the new design of the classes while they polish up the rest of the less important features. But we will see. They might still fuck it up even if they release at 11:59 on 31/12/2020 and we have 9 months of testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    As for classes you know which ones are viable and it won't change anytime soon.
    Honestly can't say which one you are referring to right now.

Once retail runs out of steam, due to lack of PvE content, only classic can carry wow to SL.
    Carry with... the fresh PvE content in Classic? "There's more to do" in Classic only because everything takes ages. Retail offers literally over a hundred times more farm content.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Nice conditioning but no, actually it takes ages in retail because everything is timegated for the sweet MAU number
    You are right! It only took them 32 min to clear BWL, after all.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-02-17 at 12:37 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I'm only pointing out candidates for when the initial AR cycle is complete. Also, I disagree with your opinion.
    Those are not candidates and never were.
    We d9nt need goblins with fins, waste of space when there are many others that are considered candidates.

- - - Updated - - -

They are not.. cmon dude kelfins are goblins with fins. No one waiting for that. There are maybe 4 people who like those. Sethrak is probably not hapoening either.

No its called being realistic. Going by your headcanon we should have seen couple of thread about kelfins.. there has been 2 thread s since 8.2 and most of the time it was about the ankoan an actual interesting option, most people said we dont need them. If you dont believe me.. look up kelfin in search.

Realy gtfo with water goblins when there are so many options who should go first.. and MANY people actually want them.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-02-17 at 03:24 PM.