Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    There's zero blind hatred, I'd much rather defend his right to say whatever he wants to say then defend Blizzard who actively slaps the players in the face daily.
    Please don't tell me you think fweedom of spweech somehow applies to MMOC

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Please don't tell me you think fweedom of spweech somehow applies to MMOC
    He has the right to say whatever he wants to say, where ever he wants to say it.

That said, I don't have to agree with it to defend his right to say anything he wants nor am I blind to the fact that websites like mmo-c have rules and with those rules come consequences.

All I'm saying is that he started off civil with his OP post, then he got trolled, and he let his anger out, which followed up with consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I really don't understand the purpose of this thread. As players, we have no way to verify the veracity of your claims. It seems similar to the situation that Luke went through recently but we have to just take your word that you're being fully honest. If it is similar then you simply need to keep appealing until somebody at Blizzard decides to look into it. Maybe reach out to Luke on Twitter and mention the situation to him because he specifically mentioned "other people" being in a similar situation and unable to communicate with Blizzard due to the lack of a platform.

Maybe I'm just overly cynical but I wouldn't be surprised if the OP isn't even banned. This really seems like the OP is trying to pose a hypothetical to drum up anti-Blizzard sentiment from the forum.

There's zero blind hatred, I'd much rather defend his right to say whatever he wants to say then defend Blizzard who actively slaps the players in the face daily.
    Not what you said though...you said it's better to defend antisemitism than blizzard due to the context. Then you said people "pretended" he said those things... clear case of blind hatred. Your hatred for blizzard makes you defend anyone who shares it and clearly try to deny facts of what was said by denying it was ever said.

Your words "nothing in that thread pointed to it".... except that it did. Textbook blind hatred.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I once got banned for harassment after I put someone else on ignore. I had them on battle.net too so I messaged them over bnet, telling them not to try and add me again or I'd report them before deleting them. APPARENTLY they had put my character on ignore then reported me for harassment for the bnet whisper, despite me having ignored them first so I didn't know they had me on ignore. I was banned for 3 fucking months despite me proving what happened. So I can absolutely believe that Blizzard just fucking randomly bans people for stupid shit.

By European law they are obligated to give him his refund. That's really the bottom line, regardless of if he's a disgruntled asshole, it's their job to do it and by law they are obligated to do it.
    not if the item is fully or partially used, which in this case it was, so legally speaking no, they are not obliged to do any refund
    now, they COULD do it, even though they dont have to, and perhaps would if he wasnt complete asshole...

Uses bots and gets banned for it.. comes to MMOC and complains.

Man, this shit happened already a thousand times. Just remember you are not the only cheater out there, who were caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Not what you said though...you said it's better to defend antisemitism than blizzard due to the context. Then you said people "pretended" he said those things... clear case of blind hatred. Your hatred for blizzard makes you defend anyone who shares it and clearly try to deny facts of what was said by denying it was ever said.

Your words "nothing in that thread pointed to it".... except that it did. Textbook blind hatred.
    That is not what I said, now you're trying to put words in my mouth.

Direct Quotes to everything I've said:

There is zero "antisemitism" in the OP of that thread. Trying to pretend otherwise just makes you look like a tool.
    Calling someone a Jew isn't hate speech as much as you want to believe it is.
    I don't really care what he said through the thread, he had a valid complaint and valid concerns for wanting a refund and he got trolled by people on these forums. I'm not sifting through a thread of trolls defending Blizzard when they've been a visually garbage company for the last 6 years.
    I'm not going to read people troll the guy, Blizzard is a garbage company and I'd rather defend his right to say whatever the fuck he wants than defend a company that takes your money and harasses the playerbase with it on a regular basis.
    Not once did I say it's better to defend antisemitism, I've stayed very firm to what I've said which is that I'm defending his right to say whatever he wants where ever he wants, even if there are consequences to his actions.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scifix View Post
    "We have gathered evidence that you have been using third party software or similar programs"
    Third party software could be a -lot- of things, not limited to bots.

Do you play on cloud services? Non-windows/mac software? Its even entirely possible (though incredibly rare) that viruses or malware can do funny rootkit stuff that triggers Warden.

- - - Updated - - -

By European law they are obligated to give him his refund. That's really the bottom line
    That's... actually not how it works.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

That is not what I said, now you're trying to put words in my mouth.

Direct Quotes to everything I've said:

Not once did I say it's better to defend antisemitism, I've stayed very firm to what I've said which is that I'm defending his right to say whatever he wants where ever he wants, even if there are consequences to his actions.
    That's some real obsession!

Fight Blizzard with all you got!

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    not if the item is fully or partially used, which in this case it was, so legally speaking no, they are not obliged to do any refund
    now, they COULD do it, even though they dont have to, and perhaps would if he wasnt complete asshole...
    Legally speaking, he did not touch Shadowlands as it isn't even available. By European law, he's entitled to the full refund of the game as the game has not been touched, not necessarily the full refund of the package deal.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Third party software could be a -lot- of things, not limited to bots.

Do you play on cloud services? Non-windows/mac software? Its even entirely possible (though incredibly rare) that viruses or malware can do funny rootkit stuff that triggers Warden.

- - - Updated - - -

That's... actually not how it works.
    Let's be real. He botted - 100%. This is not Warden's nor Blizzard's fault.

Legally speaking, he did not touch Shadowlands as it isn't even available. By European law, he's entitled to the full refund of the game as the game has not been touched, not necessarily the full refund of the package deal.
    but the package deal is a full item, IF he bought two separate items, shadowlands AND bonuses, you would be correct, but this is single item shadowlands + bonuses...

more "material" example: if you buy pack of two bedsheets you cant get refund for one of them, only for both of them, IF you are eligible for refund, i know its a bit of a stretch as far as example goes but its the same principle, he was not eligible for refund legally speaking bcs he used part of the product...

Quote Originally Posted by Scifix View Post
    Luke from Linustechtips was in the exact same situation, banned for the same amount of time, for the same reason, but him being famous in the PC world, and being able to throw blizzard some bad PR, they even called him up, and unbanned him..
    one of the comments on that video was: some guy send in a GDPR request, searched it for data related to his ban, found a mistake the company(not blizz in that case) made, and send that back with his ban appeal.

might be worth a shot if you haven't exhausted your ban appeals with blizz yet, since GDPR > "we don't want to tell you incase you use it to bot better".

15+ Year Old Account
    I’ve never had a bad experience with Blizzard CS. Even when they couldn’t get me what I wanted, they were cool about it.

Mind you I’ve never done anything remotely shady, and I’ve never asked for anything unreasonable. They refunded my SC 2 purchase a few years back, no questions asked. Even let me keep the license.

Tl;dr: Your mileage may vary.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

I had something similar happen to me. I only play the AH for quite a while now and one day I got banned for 3 days out of nowhere.

I appealed, asked what I was banned for, they didn't want to tell me and closed the ticket. I kept appealing over and over and always got the same answer, until one GM slipped and apparently I scammed someone, which I didn't but he said it was double checked. He then went on and threatened to perma my account if I kept trying to appeal. I didn't give a shit about the account anymore so I wrote a few more tickets until one GM was willing to investigate a second time.

A few days after the suspension expired I got 3 e-mails: one for 3 days free game time, one for a free BfA Deluxe Edition and the last one was the GM apologizing for what had happened.

So yeah, Blizz CS is mostly really terrible atm.

Quote Originally Posted by kubaje View Post
    I had something similar happen to me. I only play the AH for quite a while now and one day I got banned for 3 days out of nowhere.

I appealed, asked what I was banned for, they didn't want to tell me and closed the ticket. I kept appealing over and over and always got the same answer, until one GM slipped and apparently I scammed someone, which I didn't but he said it was double checked. He then went on and threatened to perma my account if I kept trying to appeal. I didn't give a shit about the account anymore so I wrote a few more tickets until one GM was willing to investigate a second time.

A few days after the suspension expired I got 3 e-mails: one for 3 days free game time, one for a free BfA Deluxe Edition and the last one was the GM apologizing for what had happened.

So yeah, Blizz CS is mostly really terrible atm.
    People reported you for scamming but it's blizzard's fault? Interesting take on things.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    People reported you for scamming but it's blizzard's fault? Interesting take on things.
    Well I wasn't scamming anyone. They wouldn't even want to tell me what I allegedly did and it's their job to get their facts straight and not ban without any proof.

15+ Year Old Account
    I find it interesting that people have so many problems with suspensions / bans.

I've always been a decent human being, and never cheated or been rude, and I've has 0 issues in 15 years.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    I find it interesting that people have so many problems with suspensions / bans.

I've always been a decent human being, and never cheated or been rude, and I've has 0 issues in 15 years.
    I've played since mid TBC without any issues ever. Now that random ban for no fucking reason. Seems like things aren't going well for them.