Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    *Starts Slow Clap* This guy wins the Internet for the week.
    You seriously take suggestions for this MMO from people who cant stomach playing any kind of MMO's?

Regular players clearly WANT CHANGES every now and then, because else the game could not be enjoyed for longer periods of time. Luckily blizzard never ever listened for this kind of whining.

-

ill sub for account wide essences tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am currently subbed for Classic, but not playing retail. Honestly, there's about nothing that could make me come back to retail this expansion. I'm not a fan of the story, aesthetic, or anything about it really. That being said, in Shadowlands, I would definitely come back if the content is fun. The dungeons have to be decent, there can't be an infinite progression grind, and titanforging/corrupted/whatthefuckever can't be a part of the gearing process.

I could rant for days about titanforging alone. If the warforging/gear upgrade system from MoP comes back, I'd be down for that. I just don't wanna be forced to do WQs because a piece *might* jump up 40 ilvls for no reason. 5-10 ilvls is modest enough that I think it's a nice treat, but not worth farming old stuff if you don't want to. The number one thing that I want back though is tier gear. I don't think I'd sub again unless they bring back tier sets. I loved the class themed sets, I don't care how many there are. I don't care how many times you gotta put bones on a DKs shoulders, or wings and rays of light on a Paladin set, as long as they come back. If nothing else, because they make a class play different for a tier, which keeps it fresh.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    I could rant for days about titanforging alone. If the warforging/gear upgrade system from MoP comes back, I'd be down for that.
    You clearly missed the last few years of risen player player engagement with the endless gearing systems.

Read very slowly: this game will never go back to a gearprogression models from low-sub/low-engagement expansions.

Just because YOU enjoyed playing 2-weeks each raid-tier in the past and quit for months because you were DONE, might be ideal for your seasonal gaming situation, but its hardly a good system for endless MMOs.
    -

Honestly I took a short break due to school and other things, intended to come back after Blizcon. When I saw there was no new class I completely lost interest and haven't returned.

That and my current guild was way to much of a clique, most of us were just bodies to fill a raid spot it seemed.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

A necromancer class

Removal of ap, and seasonal wow. Go back to the older, superior, ladder system of progression where you have to beat raid a to get to b, b to c etc

Put in mythic only bosses with gear only available in mythic. Legendarys too. Nothing wrong with rewarding players with elite and rare cosmetics. The very essence of mmorpgs is haves and have nots. Get back to that.

Fix pvp and give a reason to pvp. Maybe new and clever maps (rip off huttball from Swtor)

Make the game more like vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    If they released BC or Wrath servers. I am trying to find things about retail they could change to bring me back to it, but there are way too many to list at this point, I don't think it's realistic to expect them to make those changes anymore. I think I just have to wait for BC/Wrath servers.
    I think this is where I'm at as well. I'm vaguely interested in Shadowlands, because it represents potential. Because we don't know much about it other than classes won't be changing much, there's the infinitesimally small possibility that it could be something extraordinary. But that remains to be seen.

But I think I would absolutely play a TBC or WotLK classic server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    You clearly missed the last few years of risen player player engagement with the endless gearing systems.

Read very slowly: this game will never go back to a gearprogression models from low-sub/low-engagement expansions.

Just because YOU enjoyed playing 2-weeks each raid-tier in the past and quit for months because you were DONE, might be ideal for your seasonal gaming situation, but its hardly a good system for endless MMOs.
    You're making a whole lot of assumptions about how I played the game. From Wrath to WoD, I only unsubbed twice, and that was when my computers died. The only time I have ever unsubbed due to gameplay is because of endless progression burnout, funny enough, which started in Legion and continues in BfA.

Also, WoWs subscriber base peaked in 2009-2010, when the game had a defined end to progression, so I'm not sure where you're pulling these ideas from. There is absolutely 0 subscription number reported now, and has been the case since WoD.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

10+ Year Old Account
    Effort. /10char

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    For me to resub Blizzard needs to abandon their current design philosophy which focuses on the overuse of time-gated and tightly controlled access to content, never ending treadmills, per expansion "rental" abilities, the locking of elements of the basic class kit behind numerous grinds (i.e. artifact/neck/essences), and they need to stop just making "content", and start making content I want to do, that feels worth doing, but doesn't feel like I have to do it. Tall order I know.
    Thing is, they know how to do this, because they have done it in the past. They seem to have shifted away from this model because people don't like when their class suddenly changes (I don't know who these people are). But that was the ENTIRE point of tier gear. It was also the entire point of metas. Blizzard's problem is that they listen to people too much, like Steve Jobs said, people don't know what they want until you give it to them. Back in the day your class was constantly changing, metas changed, tier changed, talents changed, and trinkets could fundamentally change your class. Because they weren't so interested in making everyone look the same on the DPS chart. (Which didn't matter, because most classes brought a unique buff, so you needed one of everything anyway). And on top of that, it made it interesting for progression raiders cause one patch you might be playing fire, but next you'd be playing frost. We need to go back to that.

TLDR; Bring the player not the class made classes boring.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    You seriously take suggestions for this MMO from people who cant stomach playing any kind of MMO's?

Regular players clearly WANT CHANGES every now and then, because else the game could not be enjoyed for longer periods of time. Luckily blizzard never ever listened for this kind of whining.

I don't know about that, I consider myself a regular player. One thing I think a lot of people forget is that there are far more at least 2-3X more people that have Quit playing the game than are currently playing the game even at peak times when a new xpac releases. So there are many reasons that people have quit over the years, but I bet if you asked more than half of those that have quite did so because of something they loved being destroyed. I personally only play MMO's my favorite 2 MMO's are now Dead The Secret World and WOW. I am currently playing SWTOR and having a lot of fun in that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Minimal is a class revamp and by that i means a reverting back to WoD or Pandaria would be enough, but an evolution would be too. I want to see more skills.

I played FFXIV, i played and still play SWTOR. Enjoyed them greatly. I cannot go back to 3-4 button rotations. They are dull and that is what describes class design since legion. Dull.
    That is one of the biggest problems i have with the game and i want to see fixed. Oh and no, returning pruned abilities aint it.

But the biggest issue i want to see changed is the dreaded AP and the "rental" powers. They have to end. There has to be an end to progression and lateral progressions feel pointless. None of this infinite nonsense. Just have normal loot with gem slots. No forging, no rng bs.
    Make set bonuses and put them in a vendor like swtor. Let us choose and enjoy, not gamble. Gambling is a sickness. I don't enjoy it.

Finally, i would like to see the content patch frequencies change. Should be smaller and every 3 months. I want to see 2 raids of 4-5 bosses every 3 months rather than 8-10 every 6 months in order to prevent burnout and desinterest of raid teams.

Personally, the first two. For my guild to come back, all 3.

Oh and it would be nice for there to be balance with allied races and to not hear about Sylvanas ever again.
    So I am in the total opposite boat I miss the Good Ol 1 button Macro BM hunter, I also love the idea of Hybrid tax and expect all 3 specs for the Pure DPS classes to be the top DPS in every situation they can constantly be in the fight for the top spot, but there is no reason a DPS class should not be in the top DPS of all classes after all that is all they can do if they can't do that better than say a Druid, then what is the point of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    I shouldn't be paying money to have my character nerfed.
    This is something that pushed my buttons for the first time since I started playing. I can understand some balances, but now you can't be happy about anything for long. And I'm not talking about the 5% nerfs, I'm talking about those 50-80% nerfs. Also about having to keep a bunch of extra gear because you never know what's gonna be nerfed and what's gonna ge buffed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Id consider coming back if Blizz sold the IP to a dev house that gave two shits about WoW.

ISo there are many reasons that people have quit over the years, but I bet if you asked more than half of those that have quite did so because of something they loved being destroyed.
    I bet it's mostly people growing up, getting married, having kids, getting jobs. Here's the thing, if you're kid and have 10 hours a day to yourself and spend 5 in the game, it's all cool. If you're an adult and have like 2 hours a day to yourself after you put the kids to sleep, a lot of things that "waste your time" become annoyances. Grinds become unbearable for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    I bet it's mostly people growing up, getting married, having kids, getting jobs. Here's the thing, if you're kid and have 10 hours a day to yourself and spend 5 in the game, it's all cool. If you're an adult and have like 2 hours a day to yourself after you put the kids to sleep, a lot of things that "waste your time" become annoyances. Grinds become unbearable for example.
    Ill agree with this premise to a point because I was in this exact same boat, I had 12+ hours a day that I had to do whatever I wanted in College and then I graduated and I got married and had kids now I wait until the wife and kids are in bed and have between 10PM-2AM each night to game, but I play mostly Survival/ builder games right now and they are literally endless grinds and I love them. But I also think the game was best in WRATH where you could damn near get the best gear in the game by simply spamming Heroics and doing 10M raids. Which Is why I am having a blast in SWTOR right now all your gear is shared on your Legacy and you can totally gear out all of your characters on your account on either Faction by running Flashpoints and story Operations. Then when you have the best gear on one character it keeps dropping and you can easily gear out every single one of your characters on your account in a month or so. I play MMO's for gear to get the best gear there is possible but when it requires a crap load of time invested in organized raiding then I have an issue and basically don't play that game.

I don't know about that, I consider myself a regular player. One thing I think a lot of people forget is that there are far more at least 2-3X more people that have Quit playing the game than are currently playing the game even at peak times when a new xpac releases. So there are many reasons that people have quit over the years, but I bet if you asked more than half of those that have quite did so because of something they loved being destroyed. I personally only play MMO's my favorite 2 MMO's are now Dead The Secret World and WOW. I am currently playing SWTOR and having a lot of fun in that.

- - - Updated - - -

So I am in the total opposite boat I miss the Good Ol 1 button Macro BM hunter, I also love the idea of Hybrid tax and expect all 3 specs for the Pure DPS classes to be the top DPS in every situation they can constantly be in the fight for the top spot, but there is no reason a DPS class should not be in the top DPS of all classes after all that is all they can do if they can't do that better than say a Druid, then what is the point of them?
    You fool yourself thinking classes on this game aren't the specs.

Also, classic is there. Just saying. The game you want exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    You fool yourself thinking classes on this game aren't the specs.

Also, classic is there. Just saying. The game you want exists.
    No, the game I want is Wrath where Blood DPS was still a thing, The game I want is TBC where 1 button BM hunter was a thing and Resto Druids started to shine and Prot pallies still loved them some Spell Power, I want MOP Disc Priest where it was perfect, I want Early Cata Enhance Shaman, I want CATA Ret Pally, I want WOD Prot Warrior, I want Early MOP Brewmaster tanking. See the game was great at different times for different classes and now it is just shit of all.

fun classes, no azurite system, no titanforging, no mythic+, no rng lootbox, the piece of gear you get is it's final version. Mythic+ should have been heroic dungeon that is actually hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun class gameplay.
    Decent Content. I think BFA content is fine. not good or bad just meh. Good enough with fun class design.
    Alt quality of life. It shouldn't take me 3 or 4 hours after hitting max level before I can even begin gearing a new alt. Too much barrier to entry.

All I need is those 3 things.

Since I'm currently paying via tokens, I'm going to take this question as "what would keep me around if my tokens run out", and the answer to that is them making a half-decent game again. Less time-gating, more systems and content, fucking listening to their god damn players when they say "hey devs, Corruption is a worse system than TF", or even listening to themselves when their philosophy was "iLvl should be all that matters" which couldn't be further from the truth.

As a technically free game, WoW isn't that bad, but I would not be paying real money for it if I had to right now.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Rather easy.

* Less difficulties (normal,hc,mythic is enuff. )
    * gear ladder ( have a goal 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 ) noot ( 1-2-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3)
    * bring valor back if you want some extra layer on gear( dind't mind that to much )
    * Less amounts of gear you farm, so it matters when you get a piece
    * MOST IMPORTANTLY BRING 10 MAN RAIDING BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! interacting with fellow people should be central, having larger raid sizes also means less time for chit chat, cause imagine 20 people chitchatting, hours just go by without actually raiding ( can be frustrating ) Having 10 man, just makes it more controllable ( fuck world first, it means litterly nothing, having to take 4 weeks per year of during mythic openings is just pathetic, it's about dedication sure and less about actual skill, but thats just going to far lol ) so dont bring me the balance excuse, balance around 10 man mythic.

* Since mythic +/pvp/raiding are so central within the current game and you want to reward each person in the same way (level wise) please think about items that matter for the appropriate theme, (aka, mythic dungeon gear, raid gear, pvp gear. i know i know, alot of work u gotta do ) but this gives more incentive for gear to in some capacity )

*invest more in customizing options (reforging,transmog. perhaps player housing(which u can tottaly make up by yourself by having like a glory of fame hall with your best achievements (statues,posters, notes what not.)(maybe even new proffesions along with these themes)

*PLEASE take away anything related to getting EXTRA (bonus rolls, weekly chests,mission tables, emissaries ) i did something, dont give me extra for just doing it lol. its kinda upsetting getting handed so much

*remove WQ or daillies ( give us a set 10-20-30 quests or w/e ) and let it be reset every 5 days or so, don't force people to log in daily, evolve with the current society, not everyone has every day to play. nor should they. ) so giving an emissary/assault like of concept is realy good

* please have a more ''happy'' astethics ) everything lately has been so fell/voidish. It gives up such a depressive feeling lol.

*****while your at it....

Sure having enough activities should matter, but having so much classes currently in the game, blizzard shouldn't be suprised people kinda wannna have more then just their 1 character. but it's been realy a no-go situation since legion, upholding several characters is just a real choir mostly because theirs to many power progression systems within the current game u cannot get out of the way off...

allow flying from the get go
    do NEVER incentivize world PVP. by enabling war mode, you want to either clap, or get clapped. (remove flying from this mode) perhaps should get rewarded through special quests which gives PVP related shit, perhaps SOME transmog or w/e just not to over the top.