Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Is the turret skill broken, or is it supposed to just spawn and shoot in a straight line at nothing?
    You can pick it up and use it as a machine gun by holding that button, otherwise ya it shoots in a straight line, unless you use a modifier for it to rotate it.

Online is up again, but the game is still trash. The stash still doesn't work properly so if you really want to keep stuff, keep them in your inventory.

Gold dupe remains unfixed as do the numerous broken passives. Even the ones that make you immortal.

Wouldn't be surprised if they took the game down again. In fact, I hope they do.

The only thing I like about the game is the story. It kept me interested throughout my campaign run.

Other than that, I've had so many issues it's not even funny. Just got out of a map where my character got pulled into the floor(waist up was above the floor itself). I could run at reduced speed, never stop(would "slide" under the floor) and had to find stairs to turn back to normal. Apparently I had been knocked through the floor to the "ground" level.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    You didn't say "what you can do with a melee build, you can do with a ranged build, but better" you literally said you couldn't kill things end game with a melee build, which is just not true.

In fact, poison melee builds are almost as good as poison bow builds, though they are BOTH still outclassed by caster builds and EVERYTHING is just shit on by minion builds, but that's a minion build problem. You can get a 6l minion build that all the dmg comes from the links and you can just build tanky and laugh at everything. Minion builds need a giant nerfbat.
    When GGG comes out and says there is a major issue with melee builds in the end game, in that they can't compete with ranged, I'll take their word for it over yours. And you should too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Killed Uber Elder with cyclone slayer and with frost blades build too. Go sleep, you dont know what you are talking about.
    You played a ranged frost blade build, and cyclone, one of the only viable melee specs. GGG is the one who made that statement, not me. So if you think you know better than the developer of PoE, go show them hows its done. But you don't, so shut the fuck up. Playing melee builds lol. You fucking are playing ranged builds you god damn moron. .lol

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    When GGG comes out and says there is a major issue with melee builds in the end game, in that they can't compete with ranged, I'll take their word for it over yours. And you should too.

- - - Updated - - -

You played a ranged frost blade build, and cyclone, one of the only viable melee specs. GGG is the one who made that statement, not me. So if you think you know better than the developer of PoE, go show them hows its done. But you don't, so shut the fuck up. Playing melee builds lol. You fucking are playing ranged builds you god damn moron. .lol
    No one is saying ranged isn't better

No one is saying ranged isn't better
    My point wasn't to argue that it was or wasn't. My point was simply the GGG knew melee was an issueit has been since the release of PoE. that's why the HUGE patch in June and ever since then have been constant updates to fix it. To make it more fun, to make it be able to compete with ranged builds, because currently, while a few builds do, do well, they tend to still have a ranged effect to them. Magma orbs, frost blades, cyclone, etc. No TRUE melee builds, as in on top of the mobs constantly are as viable as others.

It looks nice and all but why would I play this over PoE?

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    My point wasn't to argue that it was or wasn't. My point was simply the GGG knew melee was an issueit has been since the release of PoE. that's why the HUGE patch in June and ever since then have been constant updates to fix it. To make it more fun, to make it be able to compete with ranged builds, because currently, while a few builds do, do well, they tend to still have a ranged effect to them. Magma orbs, frost blades, cyclone, etc. No TRUE melee builds, as in on top of the mobs constantly are as viable as others.
    Pestilent/Virulent strike with Plague Bringer is not only fun, it wrecks. No ranged effect there :P

But yes, ranged has the upper hand in that game because they can clear out screens ahead. Melee in this game I've yet to see, most people are running kratos chains which isn't really melee.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    League lull, and it looks like both D3 and PoE seasons will launch same weekish in march... so there will be a huge league lull this go around.... ugh.

Pestilent/Virulent strike with Plague Bringer is not only fun, it wrecks. No ranged effect there :P

But yes, ranged has the upper hand in that game because they can clear out screens ahead. Melee in this game I've yet to see, most people are running kratos chains which isn't really melee.

- - - Updated - - -

League lull, and it looks like both D3 and PoE seasons will launch same weekish in march... so there will be a huge league lull this go around.... ugh.
    I've was playing melee bladestorm with bleeding edge for bosses, just breezed through the campaign. Been playing ranger build since servers came up.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Are you playing PoE for 3 months straight untill the next league starts and then repeat this process all again?

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I've was playing melee bladestorm with bleeding edge for bosses, just breezed through the campaign. Been playing ranger build since servers came up.
    I tried to do the ranger style, just wasn't my cup of tea, going to try full melee now that the servers are up.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I'm getting so tired of the bullshit. People are bombing this game just because online is having issues. Nobody bothers even playing it, just outright saying the game is garbage just because they can't play with their friends. Sounds to me like they have more underlying personal issues they need to sort out.

This game was made by an Indie company, and compared to most, it's absolutely top notch. Offline mode available, so better than D3. No loot boxes or MTX, so better than PoE. And yet, contains parts of both that make them good games. Sure, there are bugs, grammatical errors everywhere, balancing issues, etc. What game doesn't? Aside from the fact it's been in EA for the better part of 5 or so years, I think it has been worth the wait.

Watching it evolve over time has been amazing. I really dig the story, or that there even IS one. The combat is pretty fluid, though I've only been playing a mage build atm, haven't tried out melee or ranged yet. My biggest gripe is that I can't figure out what the hell I'm supposed to do with 89 or so perk points, as I'm currently level 29 and have picked basically everything I want. Unless I'm not understanding the perk tree properly.
    Not being able to play for the whole weekend was only the tip of the iceberg. Offline mode is useless, and this game has so many issues that prove that it's so ar from being in a releaseable state. Their whole code can't handle the players, there are underlying technical limitations, stashitems are lost, people falling through the world, duping everywhere... it will take AT LEAST half a year to sort this stuff out. Yes, it's a small indie studio, but if you take professional money you are judged by professional standards. I really wouldn't be surprised if a third of all buyers already refunded, and many of those who didn't, didn't because they had more than two hours off "playtime" in the lobby, waiting for the servers to come up. Gamestar has been very modest in substractig only 15 points from the rating.

If anything, the release has shown that they're far from being able to pull this off. This has been a VERY naive decision and you can tell it's their first game. I really wished this to succeed and being able to play a decent arpg again, but in its current state, this isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Not being able to play for the whole weekend was only the tip of the iceberg. Offline mode is useless, and this game has so many issues that prove that it's so ar from being in a releaseable state. Their whole code can't handle the players, there are underlying technical limitations, stashitems are lost, people falling through the world, duping everywhere... it will take AT LEAST half a year to sort this stuff out. Yes, it's a small indie studio, but if you take professional money you are judged by professional standards. I really wouldn't be surprised if a third of all buyers already refunded, and many of those who didn't, didn't because they had more than two hours off "playtime" in the lobby, waiting for the servers to come up. Gamestar has been very modest in substractig only 15 points from the rating.

If anything, the release has shown that they're far from being able to pull this off. This has been a VERY naive decision and you can tell it's their first game. I really wished this to succeed and being able to play a decent arpg again, but in its current state, this isn't.
    Uh huh.... except the player base has been increasing day to day. 60k on launch day, 80k yesterday, 120k today.

Btw, offline mode might be useless to you, but many many people love the fact that there is an offline mode, very rare nowadays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just played a bit with a friend, game is beautiful. I don't mind PoE, but it lacks the contrast color that this game has, and tries too hard to be like Diablo 2. Other than some lag and hitbox issues i was having a blast. Hopefully they fix these things as soon as they can, people bombing the game (not negative criticism, but just bombing for the sake of memes) are what is wrong with gaming communities these days.

Yea, the game has some serious bugs, servers are on fire, but that can be fixed. But for me, what matters is that the game has a solid base upon which more can be built.
    Even in the current state I'm enjoying it a lot and I'm curious to see what new patches will bring forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh huh.... except the player base has been increasing day to day. 60k on launch day, 80k yesterday, 120k today.

Btw, offline mode might be useless to you, but many many people love the fact that there is an offline mode, very rare nowadays.
    I much prefer offline games. So tired of "always online" bullshit games. It's nice that they offer both. I would like to play with friends, but won't happen very often, so I can just stay offline for i.e. mods, cheating, do stupid shit that won't affect online play at all just to goof around with the game. Mods bring new life to games...I can't even imagine playing Skyrim, XCOM 2, etc now without mods. Vanilla game would've been very boring at this point if they were always online and unable to be modded. Even Monster Hunter World can be played offline, allowing mods to extend its life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    Even in the current state I'm enjoying it a lot and I'm curious to see what new patches will bring forward.
    Right. It can only get better from here! Diablo 3 has proven that as long as game devs care to update their game, it can only advance forward and make it better. I myself can think of a whole host of things they could do to this game to make it better and extend its life, so hopefully the devs can too. D3 was absolute shit at launch, and while people still give it bad reviews, I actually really like what it has become. So hopefully Wolcen gets the same treatment - although at launch, I really enjoy what it has to offer, unlike D3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Well, lost my only uniques, as well as a number of gems from the stash. Good times.

The netcode is still hot garbage, 50ms Frakfurt ping still has a 1 sec delay for me, so fighting bosses is a chore. That lightning ball floating around or the pool of bad on the ground can actually be in one place on my screen, but the server thinks they are somewhere else. Kinda like the clicking on the enemies, teleport to other zones portals or right clicking in inventory does. So i guess the game is pretty consistent in that regard.

Really struggling with any major boss, because at that point it's just frustration levels beyong poe oneshots ever brought. Literally standing in a perfectly safe spot on the ground, away fom the boss and rapidly dying. With zero visual indicators of where the damage is coming from. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    Obviously, I tasted only a fraction of it and perhaps it will become more grindy as time goes on, but honestly - so far it feels really amazing.
    Just dipped my toes on endgame this morning and while i didn't like the random dungeons in beta, now that they have a purpose/context i like them much more.

Working my way to lvl 90
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    Yea, the game has some serious bugs, servers are on fire, but that can be fixed. But for me, what matters is that the game has a solid base upon which more can be built.
    Me too.
    Although I'd consider this gif to be a minor story spoiler.
    https://gfycat.com/coarsechiefasiansmallclawedotter

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    Me too.
    Although I'd consider this gif to be a minor story spoiler.
    https://gfycat.com/coarsechiefasiansmallclawedotter
    HAHA it happened to me aswell when i skipped the cutscene at my second try (and i play offline). Since i had lost the deathless run, i just turn off the game. This morning went down first try.

EDIT: I'll probably move from ailments and go straight crit because, they scale so much. Either buff ailment damage/chance or nerf crit chance from ferocity and critdmg from tree. Not by much, but it needs to be adjusted.

Though i've yet to invest a lot oin the tree, maybe things change.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Matchmaking is still not working