Page 25 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You really have little idea what bad players are like, do you? Bad players will struggle completing more than 2 mask runs until the end of time because they cannot handle double madness or daredevil.
    Well...I guess it does depend how we define bad. For me a bad player still has SOME idea about what he's doing. The kind of "bad" that you're talking about, for me would classify as "braindead", and yes, agreed, those will struggle no matter the cloak level
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

I AM enjoying them. I'm a prot paladin and I do it in a group of 2 with a dps.
    I actually want to do more, but I assume having limited tries is why it's still fun.
    However, I'm running into "friend" issues. For example, healer friends wanting me to run with them (healer/tank combo... ehh...). Other dps that are behind in the tree wanting to run with us. Stuff like that.

I think people who don't enjoy them do them solo. Like most MMO content, with a group of friends (or even just one) - they're fun. Solo, not so much.

Look, that kind of bad player I am talking about may easily clear normal, get carried through a heroic raid by being a fun person to have around and probably can do M+10. So you know, the significant majority of players in the game fall in that category.
    Well, then we disagree, person capable of anything more than LFR, will easily do 5 masks at max cloak rank. Well, at least with a melee, since casters need a different skillset in group content than in solo content. Say, most mages I see out in the world are absolutely incapable of standing still whenever a mob attacks them, doesn't matter that they're at full hp, and mob is about to die, they still feel the need to kite for whatever reason. These ppl might be fine in group content, where there are tanks to keep agrro of them, but in solo visions...they won't get far, yes. But a melee that clears normal/M+10 will do 5 masks with max cloak, no doubt in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    I think people who don't enjoy them do them solo. Like most MMO content, with a group of friends (or even just one) - they're fun. Solo, not so much.
    Don't think that's it. My take so far has been that people who just go for cloak upgrades don't enjoy them, since there's absolutely no challenge involved in getting cloak upgrades. The people who enjoy them are the people who try to challenge themselves, and go as far as they can.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

As a prot paladin with the right corruption trait, yes I enjoy it and its quite fun. And I do even better as a tank than with my elemental shaman of same ilvl. ~460. So that says how much I like it as a caster.. not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    ??? You could outgear mage tower by 2 patches because it was introduced with TOS. My hunter just had m+ weekly chest gear (960 or what was it before the squish) and even though I had no idea how2survival I just deleted that challenge because of outgear. Alts that were only 910 / argunite gear of course you'd have to put some effort, but still when it was introduced some people did it with 870 (some were very legendary dependent though).

On a side note, thanks to Tojara and Sykretts for advice with blood dk, I finally managed to get weapon from Maut and literally went from not being able to full clear to being able to do 1 mask full clear, didn't try with more cuz it's just an alt, but at least the character feels much better. Not gonna lie, obsidian skin was top damage on the vision run breakdown.

Another difference is mage tower was binary, visions can be scaled by adding / removing masks. But in both cases gear and other stuff (leggos in legion, corruptions now) can change the difficulty from "very hard" to "very easy". Judging from this thread: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-modes-to-solo There's definitely a gear floor you don't want to go below even on alts that "just want the cloak upgrade" or you'll suffer. Especially with alts, you'll see double difference because most people are both less geared and less experienced with an alt over their main.

Also btw does anyone have an order in which to add masks from easiest to hardest? I came to the point that I have more vials than I need "just for cloak upgrades" on my main so I can burn some spare on mask runs. I started from the "one that puts puddles behind you" thinking this would be the easiest one for solo (no other people to drop puddles on me).
    There’s 2 easy masks, and the puddles one is definitely the easiest. The worst is the 1/2 sanity. I haven’t gotten the other 2 because I decided to not push Stormwind last time it was up, but a monk in my guild said they are pretty easy, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    They're pretty much 'melee or suffering' (except hunters).
    Try being a mage, it is super easy mode. I don't think you realize by you can actually change specs inside the run. So you can pull a whole area of the trash as frost and aoe/kite down everything then swap spec to melt down a boss as fire or arcane and swap back to frost. You will pretty much have your CDs up the whole time.

Dark imagination is also fairly easy unless you fuck up with using an orb at the last second. Burned Bridge is indeed the easiest. Pained can be bad in lost areas, all of the combos have their problem and something like Leaden Foot & Haunting Shadows on Mage Tower just feels unfair. Daredevil is not really that big a deal; it just means that mistakes can really snowball. Longest Night is by far the worst.
    I did the longest night because that was the first one I got without any issues. Haven't really gone into what the others do, gonna do two today, so taking the two others instead of longest night+1 is better I assume?

I really want to do more of them, but gotta save some for the future weeks. I wish I could have more so I could do it more often. Though I dont really farm for them either. It's a me-issue for sure, but I wanna do more without the effort to get vessels

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Closer to 2000-2200.

Also - Visions opened my eyes to how many people are hellbent on just playing one spec, and won't change to another one even for a million dollars. The amount of "I play resto shaman[or whatever other healer]" I've seen in the past couple weeks is absolutely amazing. Guess what, I main resto shaman as well. And yet, I would never waste my time playing resto in non-group content, therefore I bothered to put almost 0 effort into gearing my dps spec as well, therefore now, when visions came out, I can comfortably run them as enh.
    WoW has the trinity of tank-dps-healer at its core. If you design content to exclude some of the roles, they'll complain and maybe stop playing that role. This shouldn't happen.
    Also, effort to get gear and learn a new spec aside, some people really don't enjoy using other specs. For example, on my paladin I enjoy prot and holy but don't enjoy ret, so I never really play ret. Last time I played ret was to do the mage tower on it which, lucky enough, was designed more like a tanking fight so it was easy.
    So I assume some healers not wanting to change are like that. And maybe they're bad at being dps as well - healing is different, they may be even worse on dps and have issues surviving on top of it as well.
    Either way, in a game this size, the principle of "I can do it so everyone else should be able to" almost never applies.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    And I think they'll end up chain CC'd by a Split Personality/Haunting Shadows combo while taking extra sanity damage from Daredevil and get stunned on Rexxar until they go insane.
    I think someone *really* overestimates the effectiveness of max level cloak. It goes from 50% sanity resistance now to 80%, which sounds impressive, except all of that gain is countered by the half sanity mask. That's not even counting the hitpoints/damage increase and effects of all the other masks. Final trait and Elite Extermination only go so far - especially in Stormwind, where a ton of uptime will be wasted clicking objectives or fighting Mage zone boss.

Some of the area effects are really annoying, such as the flaming jumping one... or the one that makes you move non stop for 10 seconds. Really drives my head in as a caster.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean going from 50% to 80% sanity resistance means you can spend more than twice the amount of time in the vision. It's quite significant and fully counters the mask by itself.
    Sure, but this still leaves buffed enemies and the other four masks. So if "casuals" aren't comfortably clearing the entire place by this point, 5 masks will be far from trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Sure, but this still leaves buffed enemies and the other four masks. So if "casuals" aren't comfortably clearing the entire place by this point, 5 masks will be far from trivial.
    But 'casuals' don't need to do masks anyway, it's not for them. Feats of strength are for more serious players.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    To me, they are just stressful and it's just a bunch of "move out of the AoE" every single time I cast a spell.

I don't enjoy it at all and it's really an indicator of how Shadowlands solo content is gonna be too... I play a Resto Shaman, just like Ion does, and it just feels horrible doing these horrific visions solo, even after these nerfs... I just end up asking myself "why does this system even exist?"..

I get they are desperate to make the game get positive feelback but the direction they are going is just completely wrong IMO. Take some inspiration from Classic and stop this dumb daily and weekly chore BS. That's just me though.

How do u guys feel about Horrific Visions?
    you do such a thread with such a title and do not include a yes/no poll ? wtf.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    But 'casuals' don't need to do masks anyway, it's not for them. Feats of strength are for more serious players.
    The claim, as I see it, was "anyone above LFR level", which includes normal mode raiders, would easily do 5 masks. Yeah, no, not happening, that's around ~450ilvl, which is far from trivializing the place, even with full research tree/cloak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Stormwind is just dramatically worse than Org in every way. The hot feet debuff is one of the dumbest things they have ever designed.

Overall I think they are okay, but they need a lot of iteration.
    Depends on the class I guess, I have found for me the hardest madness is Leaden Foot as I'm a Warrior. Going into the Mage Quarter has me praying I can finish the boss off with the least amount of teleports since as a Warrior I basically crawl towards him after my leap + bladestorm run out. This costs me so much sanity in itself that it's pretty much unplayable as I can't even Heroic Throw to the boss since he's 'obscured' lol. If I'm to do 5 masks full clear I have to hit a point where I don't get that madness.

On my Warrior I'm honestly benefiting from that madness most of the time. On my Warlock though, it killed me because I couldn't finish off a tentacle that kept disappearing and had me stuck in combat. Granted, I didn't know that if I didn't move the jump wouldn't trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    I do them both solo and with a friend. If anything I find it more stressful with a friend if I fuck up it's going to have an adverse effect on more than just me.

Not to mention it becomes awkward of you have different cloaks or even different research. I don't have the top tier research just yet and my friend does, so our sanity is not synced. Just feel like a burden.

I think I'd be inclined to enjoy them more if there were more visions with more variety. It's partly how repetitive they become, partly the surrounding grind, partly the timed mechanic, partly the infuriating mechanics. Just lots of small things that add up to a big ball of ewww.

I also don't feel any great sense of accomplishment or euphoria if I complete something challenging, I just get a sense of relief that it's over and a desire to never do it again, but that's a more general problem with me

I play casters, so the answer is no. They’re not as bad as Island Expeditions though.

I actually find island expeditions more enjoyable. Kind of mindless, sure, but a bit more variety.

Burned Bridge should always be one of your masks imo. Any of Daredevil, Pained or Dark Imagination can be the second and I'd say it depends on if it is SW or Org and on what the combos are for Pained that week. I would not pick both Daredevil and Pained for a three mask run; go for Burned Bridge, Dark Imagination and of the other two imo.
    Tried the combo of daredevil and burning bridge first, but managed to die at rexxar(last before thrall) because of the insane sanity draught he does because of the damage. Noticed how lots of those unavoidable stuff like the beams on the Garona side also drains a lot and you can't get away from them it seems like.

So I tried with longest night and burning bridge, and did it Felt it was much easier because of the sanity drain even though I had half because of the mask. Wasnt particularly lucky with the Gift of the Titans proc either.

Either way, HV is fun :>