Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    ...have you ever looked into details of how his interview was arranged? You could check some here.

This interview process is already under investigation.
    And your point is what exactly? William Barr Trump's sock puppet is running phony "investigations" his findings hold as much weight as UFO sightings.

There are no financial record that would imply Flynn's guilt, no matter how FBI investigation into him and his associates was spun; or he wouldn't be off with half-a-year probation by the end.
    That's why he admitted working as a foreign agent because of those totally non existing financial ties /s

Despite all that he was indeed intimidated and broke; one man vs FBI isn't a battle that is easy to wage, even for someone with experience.
    Yea war zones couldn't break him but the FBI did

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    And your point is what exactly? William Barr Trump's sock puppet is running phony "investigations" his findings hold as much weight as UFO sightings.
    My point is at this point FBI is considered to be unable to police itself (which seems to be the point of installing outside attorney to review it as per NBC News article).

And given all that i've read about this case - and FBI responses to various points made along the way - i happen believe it to be true.

Yes, without sufficient oversight FBI personnel indeed intimidate people into submission, withhold/forge information on FISA applications (despite theoretical legal penalties of doing so), and courts accept their viewpoints in absolute majority of cases without questions.

That's why he admitted working as a foreign agent because of those totally non existing financial ties /s
    As far as i understand he filed FARA when connection was pointed out to him; he (as he argues) was unaware of that particular connection himself.

After all, his falling out with FBI is precisely over this matter - they asked him to implicate his associate on that particular investigative thread and he refused to do so as he claims that testimony asked by FBI would be lying.

Yea war zones couldn't break him but the FBI did
    Did warzones ever held his son hostage?
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2020-02-16 at 11:48 PM.

My point is at this point FBI is considered to be unable to police itself (which seems to be the point of installing outside attorney to review it as per NBC News article).

And given all that i've read about this case - and FBI responses to various points made along the way - i happen believe it to be true.

Yes, without sufficient oversight FBI personnel indeed intimidate people into submission, withhold/forge information on FISA applications (despite theoretical legal penalties of doing so), and courts accept their viewpoints in absolute majority of cases without questions.

As far as i understand he filed FARA when connection was pointed out to him; he (as he argues) was unaware of that particular connection himself.

After all, his falling out with FBI is precisely over this matter - they asked him to implicate his associate on that particular investigative thread and he refused to do so as he claims that testimony asked by FBI would be lying.

you all but said "deep state" is after Flynn

ROFLMAO oh god you guys are good with the jokes the FBI already had oversight and the investigation found no wrong doing, the wack job banana republic investigations by William Barr are a joke and you are for acting like they are serious. As for holding his son hostage that is a funny way of talking about his son being in on the crimes as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Without a sufficient culture of terror within the intelligence service or justice departments we have no way of knowing whether their viewpoints are legitimate."

I'm not sure why we're taking advice explicitly designed to turn US executive apparatuses into the KGB, but go off I guess.

Friendly reminder that accounts located east of the Dnieper should always be ignored on subjects related to a fair judicial system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

ROFLMAO oh god you guys are good with the jokes the FBI already had oversight and the investigation found no wrong doing, the wack job banana republic investigations by William Barr are a joke and you are for acting like they are serious. As for holding his son hostage that is a funny way of talking about his son being in on the crimes as well.
    No, investigation is still ongoing.

You're the one inventing conspiracies with Barr.

And no, his son was not "being on his crimes" given that he wasn't even ever interviewed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    you all but said "deep state" is after Flynn
    You're inventing conspiracies where it is sufficient for FBI to simply feel secure enough to cut corners in attempt to reinforce their larger case.

Corners that might end up hurting them in the ends.

No, investigation is still ongoing.

You're the one inventing conspiracies with Barr.

And no, his son was not "being on his crimes" given that he wasn't even ever interviewed.

- - - Updated - - -

You're inventing conspiracies where it is sufficient for FBI to simply feel secure enough to cut corners in attempt to reinforce their larger case.

Corners that might end up hurting them in the ends.
    inventing conspiracies is your department

As for barr "conspiracies", you caught us it was nothing more then a deep fake video of him saying "Mueller report exonerates Trump" or his letter saying a sitting president can't be charged was a big fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    inventing conspiracies is your department
    It doesn't have to be conspiracy for FBI to become shitshow of intimidation and fraud to get their way.

Just the usual decline of institutions apparent in every part of modern US. One hand washing another instead of different parts watching for things to be done properly.

As for barr "conspiracies", you caught us it was nothing more then a deep fake video of him saying "Mueller report exonerates Trump" or his letter saying a sitting president can't be charged was a big fraud.
    If you think that's significant surely you also think same thing about Strzok messages while he was interviewing Flynn then?

It doesn't have to be conspiracy for FBI to become shitshow of intimidation and fraud to get their way.

Just the usual decline of institutions apparent in every part of modern US. One hand washing another instead of different parts watching for things to be done properly.

If you think that's significant surely you also think same thing about Strzok messages while he was interviewing Flynn then?
    You don't have any evidence that they used intimidation or fraud here. And also, there was nothing wrong with what Strzok said, meanwhile we have other FBI agents that have shown more bias in favor of Trump, that have even more things that are worse than what Strzok and Page said.

Treason total exoneration, potato potaato.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    You don't have any evidence that they used intimidation or fraud here.
    Sure i do, i made two threads about it and even linked them here.

How convincing that evidence is for everyone to decide for themselves though.

And also, there was nothing wrong with what Strzok said, meanwhile we have other FBI agents that have shown more bias in favor of Trump, that have even more things that are worse than what Strzok and Page said.
    Either both are bad or neither; saying "it's okay only when our guys do it" is recipe for disaster.

FBI at least had a sense to immediately remove them from Mueller team on discovery, so it is obvious they didn't consider it as "nothing wrong".

Sure i do, i made two threads about it and even linked them here.

How convincing that evidence is for everyone to decide for themselves though.

Either both are bad or neither; saying "it's okay only when our guys do it" is recipe for disaster.

FBI at least had a sense to immediately remove them from Mueller team on discovery, so it is obvious they didn't consider it as "nothing wrong".
    What a load of bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    As if the US hasn't had enough "winning" recently, this new triumph is coming soon:

Barr installs outside prosecutor to review case against ex-Trump adviser Michael Flynn

Justice incoming.

Nothing will be complete though, until presidential term limits are removed. But that's coming, I'm sure.
    The winning continues. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Wait, you think this is winning? And not unorthodox like the 1100+ former DoJ officials have said?

I give you props for being honest in your endorsement of corruption.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Primarily FBI intimidation to trap his family into this affair (specifically his son being added to witness list) when he was already running out of funds defending himself alone.
    I don't see how adding someone to a witness list is worth pleading guilty and then in turn working with prosecution on other cases.

Intimidation only really works if you are guilty.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I don't see how adding someone to a witness list is worth pleading guilty and then in turn working with prosecution on other cases.
    They added him to witness list to reinforce their willingness to indict him later.

It was right there on WaPo at the time as blueprint of intimidation:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...512_story.html

Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III and his team are no strangers to the practice of prosecutorial hardball. That skill may be coming into play once again if, as news reports indicate, the special counsel is turning his attention to former national security adviser Michael T. Flynn and Flynn's son Michael G. Flynn, who worked with his father's lobbying firm and was also involved in the Trump transition. The elder Flynn has long been thought to be in Mueller's sights, and CNN reported Wednesday that Flynn and his wife are worried about their son's legal exposure as well.

If in fact prosecutors have built cases against both men, they now have a huge, juicy carrot to dangle in front of the elder Flynn: Plead guilty and testify against others, and we'll go easy on your son. Given the former national security adviser's prior positions with the Trump campaign and administration, that prospect has to make other potential targets of Mueller's inquiry extremely uneasy.

Members of Mueller's team are very familiar with — and have not been shy about employing — the tactic of persuading a witness to cooperate in exchange for leniency toward a family member. His chief deputy is Andrew Weissmann, a career prosecutor with a reputation for aggressiveness. More than a decade ago, Weissmann served on and ultimately headed the Enron task force, the team of prosecutors charged with investigating the financial collapse of the huge energy corporation. Weissmann and the other Enron prosecutors wanted the cooperation of Andrew Fastow, Enron's former chief financial officer, whom they had indicted on dozens of federal charges. When prosecutors later added additional charges against Fastow, they also indicted a new defendant: Lea Fastow, Andrew's wife, who had also worked at Enron. With the felony charges pending against Lea Fastow, the couple faced the prospect of spending years in prison while their two young sons were raised by others.
    If anyone had any lingering doubts, the Fastow story is further evidence that these prosecutors don't play around. Hardball doesn't get much harder than showing a guy you're willing to jail his wife and effectively orphan his kids if he doesn't cooperate. Even the most hardened prosecutor might feel a slight twinge in the gut at the prospect of using a defendant's young children as leverage against him. But there is little doubt that Mueller's team will deploy whatever weapons it has to persuade the inquiry's targets to play ball.

Of course, the younger Flynn is an adult, not a child. Almost any prosecutor would likely agree that using legitimate charges against him as leverage against his father is fair game. And almost any parent would likely agree that the chance to protect your offspring — even if they are adults — provides an enormous incentive to cooperate. If given that option, the elder Flynn may find it difficult to resist.

Intimidation has nothing to do with being guilty, especially in US system where defending yourself means constant drain to your money.

Or perhaps you also think that people who confessed to Stalin's NKVD of being Japanese/German spies were obviously guilty too?
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2020-02-17 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Wait, you think this is winning? And not unorthodox like the 1100+ former DoJ officials have said?
    A lion doesn't concern itself with the opinion of sheep.

I give you props for being honest in your endorsement of corruption.
    What corruption? The case against Flynn exists only because he is not one of the warhawks. And it will end the same way Russia hoax did, and the same way the impeachment did. With Trump coming on top. Why? Because Trump's opponents refuse to take him seriously, and keep having this distorted picture of reality, where they believe everything they want is true regardless of facts. I love it, makes winning so much easiers.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post

...or can't afford the massive legal fees involved in fighting the government in court.

The judge involved practically begged him to plead innocent. Hopefully, Flynn with be given a chance to revise his plea.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

The added him to witness list to reinforce their willingness to indict him later.

It was right there on WaPo at the time as blueprint of intimidation:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...512_story.html

Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III and his team are no strangers to the practice of prosecutorial hardball. That skill may be coming into play once again if, as news reports indicate, the special counsel is turning his attention to former national security adviser Michael T. Flynn and Flynn's son Michael G. Flynn, who worked with his father's lobbying firm and was also involved in the Trump transition. The elder Flynn has long been thought to be in Mueller's sights, and CNN reported Wednesday that Flynn and his wife are worried about their son's legal exposure as well.

If in fact prosecutors have built cases against both men, they now have a huge, juicy carrot to dangle in front of the elder Flynn: Plead guilty and testify against others, and we'll go easy on your son. Given the former national security adviser's prior positions with the Trump campaign and administration, that prospect has to make other potential targets of Mueller's inquiry extremely uneasy.

Members of Mueller's team are very familiar with — and have not been shy about employing — the tactic of persuading a witness to cooperate in exchange for leniency toward a family member. His chief deputy is Andrew Weissmann, a career prosecutor with a reputation for aggressiveness. More than a decade ago, Weissmann served on and ultimately headed the Enron task force, the team of prosecutors charged with investigating the financial collapse of the huge energy corporation. Weissmann and the other Enron prosecutors wanted the cooperation of Andrew Fastow, Enron's former chief financial officer, whom they had indicted on dozens of federal charges. When prosecutors later added additional charges against Fastow, they also indicted a new defendant: Lea Fastow, Andrew's wife, who had also worked at Enron. With the felony charges pending against Lea Fastow, the couple faced the prospect of spending years in prison while their two young sons were raised by others.

Intimidation has nothing to do with being guilty, especially in US system where defending yourself means constant drain to your money.

Or perhaps you also think that people who confessed to Stalin's NKVD of being Japanese/German spies were obviously guilty too?
    So, an opinion article, is your source? That is it? Not surprising.

- - - Updated - - -

A lion doesn't concern itself with the opinion of sheep.

What corruption? The case against Flynn exists only because he is not one of the warhawks. And it will end the same way Russia hoax did, and the same way the impeachment did. With Trump coming on top. Why? Because Trump's opponents refuse to take him seriously, and keep having this distorted picture of reality, where they believe everything they want is true regardless of facts. I love it, makes winning so much easiers.
    Wait, who is the lion in this equation? Because it certainly isn't Barr or Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    ...or can't afford the massive legal fees involved in fighting the government in court.

The judge involved practically begged him to plead innocent. Hopefully, Flynn with be given a chance to revise his plea.
    I hope he enjoys prison.