Page 26 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They are repetitive, there is no dynamic events going on, would be great if almost every time you go in there are things different, different enemies, different objectives, etc. After 5 times I already got bored of it. To me having a few affixes that change the speed or '' be more careful '' does not increase the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Some of the area effects are really annoying, such as the flaming jumping one... or the one that makes you move non stop for 10 seconds. Really drives my head in as a caster.
    The one that makes you move nonstop is from the bug affix, entomology or something, and it’s countered by jumping. At a certain amount of stacks it triggers the effect, but once you get to a certain amount you jump and it clears every stack. As far as the fire jump, I’ve never had it trigger from standing still and usually triggers when I move. Maybe I move a lot as a Hunter and rounding groups up, bu I’ve never had it go off when I’ve stood still AoE’ing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Closer to 2000-2200.

Also - Visions opened my eyes to how many people are hellbent on just playing one spec, and won't change to another one even for a million dollars. The amount of "I play resto shaman[or whatever other healer]" I've seen in the past couple weeks is absolutely amazing. Guess what, I main resto shaman as well. And yet, I would never waste my time playing resto in non-group content, therefore I bothered to put almost 0 effort into gearing my dps spec as well, therefore now, when visions came out, I can comfortably run them as enh.
    Especially with it being so easy to do other specs these days with the gear crossover. Hasn't been healing power vs spell power for a long time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    We don't know if it will always be 2 of X per run.
    Incorrect. It will always be either 2 items from corrupted zones or 2 items from lost zones. We're nearing the cutover from corrupted to lost zones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I mean, how exactly do you propose they balance it? Some classes are inherently better at soloing things than others. If I choose to play a class that isn't great at soloing, I won't be upset if my class can't solo as well as another. Unlike the Mage Towers these weren't designed to be solo-only experiences. Luckily, you are allowed to queue in a group. I highly recommend it.
    They could make leech not work in Visions because "N'zoth has corrupted it" and DHs would be balanced (mostly).

Alternatively, they could have made the "solo" side of the talent tree give leech (capped at 50% or something) to give everyone else as much leech as DHs, and it would also be balanced.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rinaul View Post
    I’ma havoc dh and 3 man them with a healer and a tank and find them quite enjoyable. Even when I did them as a caster they weren’t a pain. They are essentially like mythic plus with volcanic. I do run keyed often so it could also be I’m conditioned to move out of bad already.
    Is the joke that a havoc DH is also a healer and a tank so the "3 man" is actually you soloing them?

You absolutely do not need a healer and tank as a DH.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    I think someone *really* overestimates the effectiveness of max level cloak. It goes from 50% sanity resistance now to 80%, which sounds impressive, except all of that gain is countered by the half sanity mask. That's not even counting the hitpoints/damage increase and effects of all the other masks. Final trait and Elite Extermination only go so far - especially in Stormwind, where a ton of uptime will be wasted clicking objectives or fighting Mage zone boss.
    Except the half sanity mask is counted by the talent/trait that makes you turn into a titan and ignore all sanity loss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    If you want the higher gear, you need to do a full clear.

https://www.wowhead.com/guides/rewar...sions-of-nzoth
    And what does that have to do with cloak upgrades exactly?
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

As a melee i hate stormwind cause of the debuff and last boss,as a warrior arms i hate i wont be able to solo full (with mask/masks) for a while

10+ Year Old Account
    Like a lot of BfA, I'm sort of so-so about them. I enjoy them well enough when I'm doing them but they are not so compelling that I log on to the game with doing them as a priority. For comparison there were many nights when I logged into Legion specifically to do the Mage Tower. This is nothing even close to that.

I'm not in the camp that constantly bellows about BfA being the worst expansion ever. I think it's a middling expansion, neither completely terrible nor really good. Maybe a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 or a C- on an A-F scale. And that pretty much describes what I think of horrific visions.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    They're pretty much 'melee or suffering' (except hunters).
    Ranged finally having to do some work? It's about time!

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Like a lot of BfA, I'm sort of so-so about them. I enjoy them well enough when I'm doing them but they are not so compelling that I log on to the game with doing them as a priority. For comparison there were many nights when I logged into Legion specifically to do the Mage Tower. This is nothing even close to that.

I'm not in the camp that constantly bellows about BfA being the worst expansion ever. I think it's a middling expansion, neither completely terrible nor really good. Maybe a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 or a C- on an A-F scale. And that pretty much describes what I think of horrific visions.
    This. I was the opposite regarding mage tower though. I personally dont care about tmogs at all, so if I wanted to spend a bit of time doing it, cool. But once I beat it, I didnt bother ever going back.

The major difference between visions and mage tower is replayability. With mage tower, once you beat it with all your specs, there was no reason to ever run it again on that toon.

No one is forced to run visions. But if you do, you are always working towards at least one reward, be it cloak upgrades or just farming memento for the sockets. If we were allowed to run more than 5 (or 6 if you play alliance), I would gladly do it just for the challenge of the increasing difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post

Is the joke that a havoc DH is also a healer and a tank so the "3 man" is actually you soloing them?

You absolutely do not need a healer and tank as a DH.
    No but those two guys are my friends and those are the only specs they play. Plus the content is more enjoyable with friends or I would have quit ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    And what does that have to do with cloak upgrades exactly?
    Reread what you said specifically.
    I did double check, you just said there's no requirement to full clear. And that there's no bonus to do so.

The person you first made this claim against said nothing about upgrading the cloak, you just assumed that's what they meant.

So I'm pointed out there very much is a reason to full clear.

I have been really enjoying them as resto kitty. It’s nice to have some challenging content that can be done solo. What I don’t like, as others have mentioned, is how there is such a limit on attempts. I understand having unlimited attempts devaluates the content but the way it is now a player is not encouraged to learn how to do the content on their own. I like the idea of going in a bit blind and learning for myself the pulls and how to deal with elites. But, because our attempts are so limited and upgrades so important I don’t risk failure and instead find myself going through guides to help insure success.

Quote Originally Posted by starbuxs View Post
    I have been really enjoying them as resto kitty. It’s nice to have some challenging content that can be done solo. What I don’t like, as others have mentioned, is how there is such a limit on attempts. I understand having unlimited attempts devaluates the content but the way it is now a player is not encouraged to learn how to do the content on their own. I like the idea of going in a bit blind and learning for myself the pulls and how to deal with elites. But, because our attempts are so limited and upgrades so important I don’t risk failure and instead find myself going through guides to help insure success.
    Allowing players to run the visions for no rewards unless submitting a vial at the start of the run would have gone a long way towards making the content more welcoming. I've taken the time to work on alts just to practice more and explore with less penalty in spite of how much of a time investment it is.

I can't stand the Stormwind one. If the Scorching feet debuff wasn't ridiculous enough. The portal area is even worse. Orgrimmar is really simple for the alliance, just run around and kill, but there's 2 portals I cannot get to in Stormwind cause I only play horde and have no clue how to get around stormwind in the mage district.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

I'd enjoy them a lot more if you didn't have to do them X amount of times per week for a cloak upgrade.

If I can full clear the damn place, just give me my cloak upgrade straight away. As it is I feel like I need to stockpile the things just incase if the next week requires me to have 5 or whatever.

Mage tower was way more fun than this. Just like everything this expansion, tried to take what was good from Legion but failed. Shadowlands needs to shake things up, because I don't want to play Legion 3.0 with more near-endless grinds and boring content forced upon me to stay competitive.

I stopped doing them, especially stormwind. Boring as fuck and I really hate timed content like this . Hate fighting against the clock content .
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Did one, hated it. Haven't back since.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    there's 2 portals I cannot get to in Stormwind cause I only play horde and have no clue how to get around stormwind in the mage district.
    Make an alliance class trial and check the layout, afaik it uses Stormwind tileset without much modifications just adds mobs.

What I dislike about Org is you can't access "hard" area esp. Rexxar without passing through "medium" area so when the cloak quest inevitably shifts to the one where pages ONLY drop from hard areas you can't just zoom zoom do 2 hard areas and leave (talking about alts that don't care about full clear / mask runs).

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I can't stand the Stormwind one. If the Scorching feet debuff wasn't ridiculous enough. The portal area is even worse. Orgrimmar is really simple for the alliance, just run around and kill, but there's 2 portals I cannot get to in Stormwind cause I only play horde and have no clue how to get around stormwind in the mage district.
    I've played Alliance since the game came out, and I still had no idea how to efficiently get to those portals Luckily, there's this little thing I like to call Youtube, where you can find pretty much everything you need.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    To me, they are just stressful and it's just a bunch of "move out of the AoE" every single time I cast a spell.

I don't enjoy it at all and it's really an indicator of how Shadowlands solo content is gonna be too... I play a Resto Shaman, just like Ion does, and it just feels horrible doing these horrific visions solo, even after these nerfs... I just end up asking myself "why does this system even exist?"..

I get they are desperate to make the game get positive feelback but the direction they are going is just completely wrong IMO. Take some inspiration from Classic and stop this dumb daily and weekly chore BS. That's just me though.

How do u guys feel about Horrific Visions?
    I was there for two weeks and it feels fine for me. I'm disc priest. I was even able to finish one additional part of the city along with end boss and I'm sure that I'll finish two parts now with level 5 cloak.

Though it'll get old pretty fast I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Make an alliance class trial and check the layout, afaik it uses Stormwind tileset without much modifications just adds mobs.

What I dislike about Org is you can't access "hard" area esp. Rexxar without passing through "medium" area so when the cloak quest inevitably shifts to the one where pages ONLY drop from hard areas you can't just zoom zoom do 2 hard areas and leave (talking about alts that don't care about full clear / mask runs).
    You can do Valley of Wisdom, only have to kill the small adds and maybe its possible to skip the elite (free 200 sanity if talented..). But yeah, if you have to do 2 lost areas, org is quite bad for this.

I do not remember if it was the case the last time around, but today for sure Alleria is casting polymorph through the pillars. So she would just stand in the middle Going from dark skies to poly to obliteration to bombs to poly to dark skies. I literally spent 800 sanity just doing that fight with only 1 mask. For reference i can comfortably do ogrrimar with 3. Also had no problem with alleria last time she was around with 1 or 2 masks. Maybe some timing fixing issues for her spells?