Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    A Horrific Vision is nothing like the Mage Tower. You can be carried in it in a group, there's bonus talents to spec into to make it easier, there's special food exclusive for the scenario, it isn't heavily skill based. It isn't a second Mage Tower, not even close.
    Try to solo the visions with 5-masks, without talents. See how well that goes for you. If you're after the challenge, this is far and away beyond what the mage tower was.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penegal View Post
    Try to solo the visions with 5-masks, without talents. See how well that goes for you. If you're after the challenge, this is far and away beyond what the mage tower was.
    I did that.. it was close.. but it still nothing like mage tower. Were the dps race required some kind of set up with potions etc.

Itwas on ret and not on dh or rogue or anything
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-02-17 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yea, gonna need to see receipts for a claim like this. I wouldn't doubt that you did a few but big doubt to any BS claim that you did it for every spec 2 weeks in, for some specs it wasn't even doable unless you had mythic NH ilvl at that point and ToS wasn't even released yet. Color me skeptical you had every class in the game fully geared enough to do it in all their specs at that point.

People that post bullshit like this likely did the harder ones in antorus gear a full 2 tiers worth of gear after they released lmao. Let me guess you did WW Monk or Ass Rogue one early and then try to claim "LOL THEY WHERE ALL EZ 2 WEEKS INTO PATCH GET GUD".
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    No. Not really.

Because upgrading both the cloak and research tech tree is time-gated. It doesn't require any skill. It requires weeks. I would say good try. But it wasn't really, was it?

I'll say again. The Vision cannot be completed day one by any measure of skill.

I too make ridiculous, baseless claims on the internet to try and impress my fellow forum goers. Oh wait, no I don't.

To clear every single specs Mage Tower within 2 weeks of it launching you'd have to be logged in 24 hours a day, every day. Not only is the claim ridiculous, it's just unhealthy.
    Interesting when Blizzard came out and said that 135,000 people had cleared Mage Tower by week 2 that either one of you think someone being able to do it in about 2 weeks is absurd. People who are alt friendly that didn't do them all by the end of week 4, for example, are just plain bad players. You guys are trying to measure something that you think is hard that was, in fact, not too terribly difficult. The average number of attempts to clear Mage Tower, which Blizzard said was 32 tries, is substantially lower than most raid content in the game for the average player (when I watch random streams on my lunch break, people are truly incapable of the most basic mechanics in raids), and raids are easy outside of Mythic.

The only way either one of you can validly support your own claim is to also claim that Heroic raiding is incredibly difficult content, in which case, no one wants you in their raids. Remember, Heroic used to be Normal. I look forward to both of your ongoing complaints about things you don't know going into Shadowlands.

Also, Demon, you clearly didn't see any of the videos/guides for day 1 clears. But yeah. "YoU cAn'T bY aNy MeAsUrE oF sKiLl!!/!"
    Last edited by Zentail; 2020-02-17 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I did that.. it was close.. but it still nothing like mage tower. Were the dps race required some kind of set up with potions etc.

I don't know what people are smoking these days but sure as hell I could use some of that.

I did 36 mage tower on low ilvl ~900 alts I never played simply because artifact overload kicked in. I stuggled a bit but:

On average it was like 14 pulls to kill. On a shit alts ~900ilvl with random legiondaries random gear.

AND then i did survival hunter challenge with my main which was geared to the teeth - absolutely obliterated boss, steamrolled it so hard xylem shat in his pants.

While my 554 alt did solo full clear without a mask barely.

Sure it will be easier as time goes on but the same was with mage tower. Higher gear let you one shot them.

The only problematic mage towers were healer ones since I didn't heal for quite long time.

Close? My dear friend there is no possibility to clear a vision with 5 masks with 0 talents, and it never ever will be possible, 0 talents means no orbs yet here you claim that it was close? Close to getting too thrall? Lol

Mage tower had its flaws,

Tank challenge for starters was overtuned and bugged like hell for weeks, so no, not everyone shares your opinion

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Doing Mage Tower with around 900 iLevel was challenging and required perfect execution of your class.

Doing Visions doesn't require perfect execution of anything. You just rush through it at breakneck pace AoEing everything. You can cheese it with stuns and shit. You can cheese multiple parts with invis pots. You can use drums and food buffs. There is a whole research tree that makes it easier as time goes on.
    The mage tower in no way required perfect execution at 900. I did the assassin rouge one in about 3 tries and I’m not a very good rouge. The bm hunter one took me longer at the same ilvl but that’s only because I’m an idiot and missed that you could lower the amour of the worm to nuke it down. Once I had noticed that I took me 3 tries to kill it without even stacking things like drums and with garbage legendary's.

Tower Mage before Antorus Itm LvL and beside some Challenges ( cough BM ) was basically 100% knowledge of the class and skill.

Vision is just picking a DH and clear while your brain is on flat line mode.

Inviato dal mio SM-G950F utilizzando Tapatalk

While people have had their say about the daily quests in 8.3, and I agree some of those are very tedious (though that's another question), one thing that bugs me a lot about them isn't even the quests themselves but just how cynically designed everything feels. Some days when I get to Uldum or Vale I have to go to 3, sometimes 4 (!) different places on the map to pick up 1 quest at each place, and we're not talking npcs stacked together like the old days - but rather spread out in such a way that you might spend 3 minutes just flying around between them before you have all the quests.

I actually like the look of the zones and I like the idea to re-use old zones being under assault, but the way they spread the quests and how some of them were designed just feels pretty bad. I swear when it's the eastern assault in Uldum I feel like I spend 30 minutes just flying around like a toilet brush not even knowing what I'm doing because the quests are 'kill this elite for an orb and oh btw the elite has 50 different spawn points but slow respawn' or something along those lines. I don't mind dailies but earlier daily hubs have felt better structured where you pick up a group of quests, you go a clock-wise lap around the place and return to hand it all in. I agree that the bonus events not showing on the map as WQs also feels like a way to make things unnecessarily frustrating. All it makes me do is open wowhead, have a map of today's events up and having to tab between the game and the browser.

Outside this stuff I'm enjoying 8.3 though.

After reading these threads, I'm kind of surprised that so many people thought the mage tower was good content in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account

You mean to tell me you were close to soloing a 5-mask horrific vision without using any of the research talents?

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan2 View Post
    turns out with masks it's actually 10 times harder than mage tower ever was even with low item level.
    Wildly incorrect

- - - Updated - - -

You mean to tell me you were close to soloing a 5-mask horrific vision without using any of the research talents?
    Did you do the mage towers without any legendary's? Probably not, but it's irrelevant. why would you hinder yourself that way?

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Wildly incorrect

- - - Updated - - -

Did you do the mage towers without any legendary's? Probably not, but it's irrelevant. why would you hinder yourself that way?
    Visions are harder for sure. Unless you play in group that can steamroll thru it.

And yes I did mage towers (all 36) and most of them without legiondaries simply because I couldn't bring myself to farm them on all alts. It was still a breeze.
    The only hard ones were healers, which is kinda similar as you won't be getting full clear with healer spec anyways lol.

I did all mage towers and I don't understand why everyone is saying the healer ones were hard lol. I'm not a healer and I got all of them done in 5 tries max. What took me a lot of tries was the Aff lock without the corruption ring, shit was annoying.

Visions are extremely unbalanced between specs, it's unreal. Also the difference between Orgrimmar and Stormwind is huge. Visions are not hard per say, it's just the difficulty for something to be equally hard for all specs.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dommie530 View Post
    Close? My dear friend there is no possibility to clear a vision with 5 masks with 0 talents, and it never ever will be possible, 0 talents means no orbs yet here you claim that it was close? Close to getting too thrall? Lol

Mage tower had its flaws,

Tank challenge for starters was overtuned and bugged like hell for weeks, so no, not everyone shares your opinion
    Never said i did without talents lol..
    I did it with last talent being extra 200 insanity on 700k bosses in between and timing your 3 orbs right. Thats it.

Msge tower was interesting and quite the challenge like others have said, when it came out. Right now we have crazy gear and 700k bosses die in 10 seconds.. so yea.

Its not that crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

No one said anything without talents. Stop it you silly goose.

Guys please.. msge tower was such a differnt spot. Some people had overtuned leggos, some not, some claim it was easy when that shit was out 2 tiers later with sick gear.
    Why is every one trying so hard to make it look.like vissions are the shit and you are shit lmao.

Wake up kids.. my god.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-02-17 at 06:57 PM.

I did it with last talent being extra 200 insanity on 700k bosses in between and timing your 3 orbs right. Thats it.

Msge tower was interesting and quite the challenge like others have said, when it came out. Right now we have crazy gear and 700k bosses die in 10 seconds.. so yea.

Its not that crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys please.. msge tower was such a differnt spot. Some people had overtuned leggos, some not, some claim it was easy when that shit was out 2 tiers later with sick gear.
    Why is every one trying so hard to make it look.like vissions are the shit and you are shit lmao.

Wake up kids.. my god.
    You did say without talents in an earlier post, you may have misstyped that :P

Your point is still invalid, I did it on my balance druid in 2 tries in the first week within the mage tower was out, just like so many others? That was hardly a challenge..
    Wiping 200 times as tank on the challenge because blizzard couldn't even fix 3 of the most massive buggs there was, wasn't challenging either, it was just stupid.

All i'm saying is both have their flaws, Neither the visions or the mage tower are perfect. I enjoy visions more cause from my tank perspective ( have been tank for years ) this shit aint bugged to the end off times, )

Lets just be happy their atleast doing such challenges, and just give some good feedback as where they can improve.

Visions : More accesibility, Perhaps most cosmetics, I like that u can do several challenges within a vision ( the masks ) does make it realy cool.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Visions are harder for sure. Unless you play in group that can steamroll thru it.

And yes I did mage towers (all 36) and most of them without legiondaries simply because I couldn't bring myself to farm them on all alts. It was still a breeze.
    The only hard ones were healers, which is kinda similar as you won't be getting full clear with healer spec anyways lol.
    Honestly I'm concerned that it's a skill issue with most people. I'm only barely aware that some of these fights have mechanics, damn near 99% of this place is a dps race / kick the ranged add. that's the pinnacle of skill required.

In addition to the standard dodge the bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wildly incorrect

- - - Updated - - -

I asked him this because he was complaining that the visions have ways to be made easier. News flash, so did the Mage Tower. People were acting like that Tower was so insanely challenging on a spiritual level. It was like, what, 5-6 fights for the 36 specs? Both are challenging and can be done solo. The main reason people have such 'fond' memories of the Mage Tower was because it had an appearance tied to it that got removed when the new expansion launched.

- - - Updated - - -

Its not that crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Wake up kids.. my god.
    If you read what I wrote before that, I did mention you try it without talents. Also, it was differeent, yes. But considering how there were like 5-6 fights (maybe I'm wrong about the total number) for the 36 specs it's pretty much the same. You can separate each of the districts and you'll have the same thing. The reason people hype the mage tower was because it had an appearance that got removed. The challenge is the same. If you want to tell me that the mage tower was more challenging than completing both visions solo with 5-masks active, I just can't take you seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Visions are superior to Mage Tower, exactly because it has a decent repetition value and all in all it's simply bigger and better with custom systems and more challenge.

People who say Mage Tower was harder that Visions are full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Visions have almost no mechanics to be aware of, or that are at all punishing. even with several masks on it's a straight up DPS / interrupt / don't stand in bad. If you think it's harder than I am concerned about you as a player.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    I don't know what people are smoking these days but sure as hell I could use some of that.

I did 36 mage tower on low ilvl ~900 alts I never played simply because artifact overload kicked in. I stuggled a bit but:

[IMG]snip[/IMG]

On average it was like 14 pulls to kill. On a shit alts ~900ilvl with random legiondaries random gear.

AND then i did survival hunter challenge with my main which was geared to the teeth - absolutely obliterated boss, steamrolled it so hard xylem shat in his pants.

While my 554 alt did solo full clear without a mask barely.

Sure it will be easier as time goes on but the same was with mage tower. Higher gear let you one shot them.

The only problematic mage towers were healer ones since I didn't heal for quite long time.
    Healing one's were very chill, I did my druids (main at the time) 'Yunaqt-Frostmourne' on the very first day we got the Mage Tower it took ~6 attempts, April 3 '17 (4/04/17 for Oceanic, we're from the future) I've found the Visions personally more challenging but I've enjoyed both immensely.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...nsion-features
    Achievement: A Challenging Look

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think Visions are superior to Mage Tower, exactly because it has a decent repetition value and all in all it's simply bigger and better with custom systems and more challenge.

I think this was the other thing, once you did your mage tower that was it, was kinda just do I care about my offspecs or whatever? Enjoying the aspect of Visions with grouping or solo or more recently soling as a Holy Pally ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Visions have almost no mechanics to be aware of, or that are at all punishing. even with several masks on it's a straight up DPS / interrupt / don't stand in bad. If you think it's harder than I am concerned about you as a player.
    Umm, isn't the essentially the recipe for every aspect of PvE in this game?