Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrA View Post

TLDR: Blizzard is advertising for new players, using Classic WoW, proving Classic WoW is more popular.
    Some high quality business pro proof fight here

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Definitely, Classic is booming whilst retail is a ghost town. Pretty obvious.
    People should be somewhere if over 75% of them stopped raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    People should be somewhere if over 75% of them stopped raiding.
    What’s that say when 25% of classic > retail for raid player counts?

I guess we just have to expect rabid classic haters and rabid classic fans throwing bullshit at each other for as long as both versions of the game exist now

5+ Year Old Account
    No it's not, sorry dude. Doesn't mean that Classic is any less fun.

https://www.classicqueues.com/

Shutting down... for now

Unfortunately, for the forseeable future ClassicQueues will be no longer be active. I've had a lot of fun with this project and I've learned a lot of things, but unfortunately at this point it doesn't make sense to continue for a variety of reasons:

Lack of Queues - There simply just aren't that many queues any more. Thanks to server transfers and players dropping off, queues are not as common now.

Difficulty of maintaining the Queue Parser: There have been multiple minor updates to the game client that have affected my automated queue parser. There is no API that I can interact with, so this parser has been manually driving the game client and parsing screenshots. In some cases it has broken it completely, in other cases it has introduced strange behavior that is difficult to reproduce or account for. Due to the nature of the program, it is very difficult to test without servers with queues - This wasn't a problem at launch, but now with the rarity of queues things are much harder to test.

Cost: I've been maintaining two WoW subscriptions and paying for AWS hosting costs in addition to my current subscription as part of this project - At this point the cost doesn't make sense for me to continue on with with the lack of queues.

That being said, if there is ever a large content patch that re-introduces our favorite Queue feature, I'll be excited to get this site operational again.

Goodbye for now!
    Queue guy literally repeats how there's a lack of queues in Classic aka players dropping off.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    That sounds utterly horrible to me. I can't imagine the idea of doing content without the ability to upgrade the coolest most important slot on my char.

That's not a gear ladder that's a gear stepping stool, it's worse than titan forging, it's just broken itemization.
    I just got a Rejuvenating Gem in BWL. The healers in my guild used this thing until the Illidan trinket dropped for them.

It felt better to get that gem the other night than it has to get anything in retail in 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    Ok. But regardless, there are more people raiding in classic than in retail.
    If you exclude LFR, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Factsbeforefeelings View Post
    I just got a Rejuvenating Gem in BWL. The healers in my guild used this thing until the Illidan trinket dropped for them.

It felt better to get that gem the other night than it has to get anything in retail in 10 years.
    Good for you, to me that's just sad as you won't get to experience an upgrade and your gears now stagnant due to poor itemization.

Quote Originally Posted by Factsbeforefeelings View Post

Which is what I said a few pages ago about how the big issue with retail raiding is the gear has no value due to multiple tiers of each item, and how seasonal it is thus giving it a short lifespan.

The gear in classic has more value and that’s the appeal. It’s why it’s worth dealing with the social structures of 40 man raids. And the gear has value in pvp too.

You either have it or not, and the only way to progress is to climb the ladder higher and higher which is more appealing from an rpg stand point and allows growth and reward

Vs retail where it’s built like diablo 3 seasons and gear is just a a boring # increase and you could have multiple tiers of the same exact item, devaluing them all

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Go to the classic forums right now. 80% of posts are anti classic troll posts from pro retail crowd.
    You must be blind or have unrealistic standards of what trolling is.

I counted about 25% per page.
    Why are you blatantly lying?

Good for you, to me that's just sad as you won't get to experience an upgrade and your gears now stagnant due to poor itemization.
    It’s better than having to replace it with the same item with a higher #, or having to hunt it down next season, and the next, and the next...

There’s nothing wrong with huge power bumps and gaps in an mmorpg, and haves and have nots.

Having a badass powerful item never gets old in any game.

Even tho I’ll have my ironfoe for nearly a year when I likely get thunderfury, it will never get old or boring.

Prestige, and power are important in an mmorpg just like life. Wow classic tries to create a world, where as retail is front and center that it’s just a game and don’t worry if you fell behind because next season is almost here and then you’ll be on even footing again /eyeroll

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Why are you blatantly lying?
    Why are you being intentionally oblivious? The negative posts in wow classic aren’t from wow classic players

It’s better than having to replace it with the same item with a higher #, or having to hunt it down next season, and the next, and the next...

There’s nothing wrong with huge power bumps and gaps in an mmorpg, and haves and have nots.

Having a badass powerful item never gets old in any game.

Even tho I’ll have my ironfoe for nearly a year when I likely get thunderfury, it will never get old or boring.

Prestige, and power are important in an mmorpg just like life. Wow classic tries to create a world, where as retail is front and center that it’s just a game and don’t worry if you fell behind because next season is almost here and then you’ll be on even footing again /eyeroll

- - - Updated - - -

Why are you being intentionally oblivious? The negative posts in wow classic aren’t from wow classic players
    But there's no prestige in getting an item from easy content. You did an easy 5 man and now u hae aace better than raids till you get thunder fury that will be with you till the game dies and won't get anything from the harder content for that slot at all. Your char will have gear from easy content for its entire exhistance because of broke itemization, that's worse than titan forging it's just bad design.

The point of an mmo is the perpetual treadmill without it the game stagnates and dies. There always needs to be a new goal, and there needs to be greater prestige from that harder things than the easy and no one should want to be carrying about some mace from a 5man when clearing several tiers later, that's just arse.

Nice try. But when an upgrade like that is worth it instead of loot pinata in BFA, I'd rather play Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    AS much as I want retail or 'original wow' to dominate classic: I personally believe classic deserves its time to shine

Now when SL or ShadowLands releases.. I hope it destroys classic hahaha

I played classic and loved the leveling experience but the end game is too lacking. I went into classic with the opinion I would prefer BC and left it eagerly looking forward to BC being released. For the mean time I am playing retail when I need a WoW fix, but I do have plans to go back and level some more characters on classic. Far as classic end game, there are numerous problems and asking Blizzard to fix them would destroy what Classic is to the people it is intended for. I started in vanilla, but I never did end game until BC, and as a result I don't care for the end game classic has to offer.

Hate the op guys, not the rest of the classic community xD
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by MrA View Post
    Nice try. But when an upgrade like that is worth it instead of loot pinata in BFA, I'd rather play Classic.
    BFA does have it's issues, but I find the replayability at high levels such as M+/Raids/PVP better in Retail than classic's one sided-ness or overpowered stacking class stuff

It isn’t the fights but the rewards that’s the problem. Retail has a “everyone is special and gets a slice” mentality. No one is left out and that’s boring

Classic actually rewards your work with gear that provides real power, and longevity. You don’t have to farm the same gear every season like it’s diablo 3
    That's an interesting point - Longevity. There's definitely a lot of value in gear having longevity, instead of being replaced every season.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/ra...1&difficulty=4

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/zon...ogress&boss=-1

There are more than twice as many people in classic raids than retail raids.
    I see many more heroic and normal clears than BWL and those scale beyond 20 people, so i guess you're wrong? Thanks for providing evidence to prove my point though!

But there's no prestige in getting an item from easy content. You did an easy 5 man and now u hae aace better than raids till you get thunder fury that will be with you till the game dies and won't get anything from the harder content for that slot at all. Your char will have gear from easy content for its entire exhistance because of broke itemization, that's worse than titan forging it's just bad design.

The point of an mmo is the perpetual treadmill without it the game stagnates and dies. There always needs to be a new goal, and there needs to be greater prestige from that harder things than the easy and no one should want to be carrying about some mace from a 5man when clearing several tiers later, that's just arse.
    Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good in life, and classic represents that better than retail as well

And I will have to climb the progression ladder to replace with either thunderfury or aq40.

Who cares if something is powerful if it has such a short life span you can’t enjoy it fully (retail seasons and the homogenization of gear)

How can you show off gear when everyone has the same gear at different levels because everyone gets a piece of the pie?

And so what if thunderfury lasts me all of classic, in 5 years I could pick classic back up and still have that godly OP feeling. Longevity matters in an rpg.

You may enjoy the hamster treadmill, but your proving my point for me actually that the game is too seasonal and feels more like diablo 3 than wow vanilla or eq

An important part of an rpg is the ending. The treadmill of retail denies your character a beginning, a middle, and an end. You are just one of many identical gear hamsters running endlessly for gear that is worthless weeks or months later