Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    Also to what build you're using. I really struggled with act 1 boss because i was playing anvil foe, whose long animation really sucks when you have to move a lot. Later I switched to bladestorm+bleeding edge and 2 shotted Lambach (first time i got stuck on boss, couldnt move).
    Just to add to this, if going this route make sure to modify bleeding edge with wicked swing to increase range, otherwise you'll never hit him after he get's to 50% health.

Also if you spec into life leech you can just face tank every fight.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-02-17 at 03:09 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    how much does it hit for and how much your "auto-attack" does? I remember I was around 500-600 AA crits and 2k ability crits with my character on last boss (A1).

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Yes, shoot fire balls, dodge, shoot fire balls, dodge. . . . . 45 min solid. I didnt even have him @ 50% on phase three at the 45 min mark.

Something is seriously broken in this game.
    Which fight? Can yoiu share your build/spells? can lend a hand as i have had zero issues both as spell and melee user aswell as hybrid. Things just all hit more or less the same. I may be slower than the OP ferocity builds but 45 minutes is not really a thing for me.

- - - Updated - - -

I think my FB is around 32ish, should it be higher? I dont even think this boss was the last boss of ACT 1.
    32? wth i think i beat act 1 with skills at level 12-ish, never leveled skills up manually until act 3.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

ahh very interesting - I have little to no knowledge of the end game, I’m trying to not watch any streams and just enjoy everything somewhat blind - I hope the end games enjoyable, the story has been meh to me but the graphics and fights have been awesome
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Which fight? Can yoiu share your build/spells? can lend a hand as i have had zero issues both as spell and melee user aswell as hybrid. Things just all hit more or less the same. I may be slower than the OP ferocity builds but 45 minutes is not really a thing for me.

- - - Updated - - -

32? wth i think i beat act 1 with skills at level 12-ish, never leveled skills up manually until act 3.
    Ill post it when I get home. I do remember one of the nodes I took on the outer ring was 10% chance to cast meteor on fire damage, with ice and lightning too.

Yeah 32. I use FB, Ice nova, the Ice meteor, and the healing circle thing. All my abilities are in the high 20s, and my FB is 32. I think my level is like 21 or 22 right now. Almost all my gear is current level yellow sorc gear.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2020-02-17 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    You played a ranged frost blade build, and cyclone, one of the only viable melee specs. GGG is the one who made that statement, not me. So if you think you know better than the developer of PoE, go show them hows its done. But you don't, so shut the fuck up. Playing melee builds lol. You fucking are playing ranged builds you god damn moron. .lol
    You really dont know what you are talking about. As frost blades you are in melee range of Uber elder, does not matter if it have ranged part or not. First you said you can play melee only till lvl 70 and cant even do uber lab but when you are proven wrong you say it does not matter because its cyclone?

What about Molten strike? Also for some reason dont count? Because you can easily kill uber elder with it. People are killing him with old meme skill like Glacial hammer. Also does not count because reasons?

So yeah, you just dont know what you are talking about or are so low skilled that no matter what build you play, you will fail any boss with some mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got a Willpower+Rage spellblade type build that is finally working. Melted the Act 1 boss.

Dont be afraid to spec into some defense nodes, especially if you want to melee.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I would like wolcen more if it was more non-linear. Maybe if I play further into it it will be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so I was apparently speccing my fire build all wrong so got that fixed lol. doing a lot more damage now and bosses go down easier. Never forget that consuming Embers is also a projectile and as such will benefit from projectile nodes in the ranger tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    I would like wolcen more if it was more non-linear. Maybe if I play further into it it will be.
    It doesn't get less linear. As someone that played throughout beta, and has now played several characters through the campaign, this is probably my biggest gripe (beyond the obvious stuff, such as bugs).

Yes, shoot fire balls, dodge, shoot fire balls, dodge. . . . . 45 min solid. I didnt even have him @ 50% on phase three at the 45 min mark.

Something is seriously broken in this game.
    Mate if its taking you 45 mins on a single attempt and the boss still isnt dead your doing something seriously wrong lmao

Ill post it when I get home. I do remember one of the nodes I took on the outer ring was 10% chance to cast meteor on fire damage, with ice and lightning too.

Yeah 32. I use FB, Ice nova, the Ice meteor, and the healing circle thing. All my abilities are in the high 20s, and my FB is 32. I think my level is like 21 or 22 right now. Almost all my gear is current level yellow sorc gear.
    I found that focusing on the right stats makes also a lot of difference. Are all aspects that singled out are not really relevant but they kick in when you start stacking things up.

From what you told us, i only suppose you either have the wrong gear or the wrong passives. Granted that spells scale a little less i have no issues with annihilation. Though i may be wrong and all i see is actually the attcks doing all the damage (though i specced ailments hence i don't really care about crits or attacks).

As @Crissi said, projectile nodes are a good investment in terms of raw damage. Anything that's a pure striker wants Ferocity. Wisdom only if you plan to use ailments. Agility and Toughness are nice additions but you don't really need them as of right now (until playing a full tank build with defense to offense conversions).
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2020-02-17 at 04:36 PM.

Wolcen tip 101 here: Use Catalyst off hand, and either dagger/pistol, if you do this you can use almost any spell combo in the game. Use a spell that cost willpower, aswell as a spell that cost rage so that you have no down time in attack.

Been really enjoying the game thus far, and really liking the boss fights, though I crashed during Phase 2 Act 3 boss last night. I guess the game was telling me it was time for bed. Started as a caster and migrated into some summoning in Act 1, played summoner with some spells through Act 2, realized that my summons really weren't adding much to the build outside of the Livor Mortis (which can seriously tank). Did some swapping and adjusting to see if I could get my summons to function a bit better, and I'm happy-ish with where I'm at now. Still using Mort (tank version) and the Frost Archers, with Plagueburst, Anomaly, and the Dash. Mort is good at keeping the adds grouped up, Archers off to the side are just constant (albeit low) damage and are finally surviving a bit. Admittedly, just about any other abilities would be better, but I'm stubborn like that.

Summons, generally speaking, need some work. Once you get the 4 health-to-minion nodes on the Plague section of the tree, they can survive quite a bit better (prior to that they are tissue paper), but the AI needs work, and their damage is much too low, even when you're activating their focus-attack. That said, they're quite fun to play, so I'm hoping they get some adjustments in the coming weeks.

Also messed with a melee character, and this is some of the most satisfying melee combat I've played in an ARPG. I'm looking forward to making a few hybrid builds as well. I think the devs did a pretty good job when it comes to builds, especially with removing armor as a stat and instead just making it another type of resistance (which is really what armor is). By doing this they really opened up the build/gear options for all builds.

Quote Originally Posted by DonnieDice View Post
    Wolcen tip 101 here: Use Catalyst off hand, and either dagger/pistol, if you do this you can use almost any spell combo in the game. Use a spell that cost willpower, aswell as a spell that cost rage so that you have no down time in attack.
    Basically any hybrid build

15+ Year Old Account
    I wanna get this but steam reviews about the major bugs concern me, especially character deletion
    Last edited by Video Games; 2020-02-17 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I wanna get this but steam reviews about the major bugs concern me, especially character deletion
    Might be best to keep an eye on it and check how its doing in a few weeks/months.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

15+ Year Old Account
    So been playing abit more, and I noticed that the devs have either made super unbalanced nodes or they have written them wrong(and coded them wrong). Since some of the small nodes spread around there are better than most of the big ones. Seeing as +% dmg is also additive, the few multiplicative buffs that are spread around are almost mandatory for an optimized build. Hopefully they will do some rebalance of the tree, since currently I one-shotting mobs 10-15 lvls above me and kill elites in under 10 sec. For now I will just have some fun being OP and testing out some different stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    So been playing abit more, and I noticed that the devs have either made super unbalanced nodes or they have written them wrong(and coded them wrong). Since some of the small nodes spread around there are better than most of the big ones. Seeing as +% dmg is also additive, the few multiplicative buffs that are spread around are almost mandatory for an optimized build. Hopefully they will do some rebalance of the tree, since currently I one-shotting mobs 10-15 lvls above me and kill elites in under 10 sec. For now I will just have some fun being OP and testing out some different stuff.
    Where do you get access to mobs 15 level above you? I want some of that for leveling.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Best to wait I think. Although I wouldn't trust the steam reviews as it got review bombed because man children were complaining the game wasn't playable online and therefore completely unplayable.