Poll: Who's most likely to also be a paart of the other faction

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which races most suited to be a part of both factions

Which race would you feel is most suitable to be playable on both factions. Note that the criteria here is not necessarily neutral, but have members of that race willing (most likely, most believable) to bat for the otherside (whether exclusively in a faction, or friendly to both)

Allied Races
    • Highmountain - have no beef with either race, good for netural, just not sure any of them might want to fight with the alliance.
    • Mechagnomes - Quite wiling to work with both goblins and gnomes.
    • Vulpera: - also deal with alliance characters, though the experience has been less favourable
    • Mag'har - found peace with the draenei before the lightbound arose, however Azeroth Draenei and Lightforged are more accommodating. Void elves would be of great interest to the Mag'har Shadowmoon clan.
    • Kul'tiran - The Freehold pirates that already join with the horde to give them their Tirasgarde base are a faction that would work with the horde.
    • Lightforged: These feel a lot more neutral than all but the elven groups. Lightforged I can see work well with Blood elves, Nightborne, Tauren etc as Argus showed and quite happy to evangelise other horde races. Turalyon I think would be open to it, though likely another like the Nathrezim general would be the horde faction leader. I feel the light would be the one to insist the horde not be left out and appoint the Nathrezim or another to work with them.

Core Races
    • Draenei: Frenemies with the blood elves. Some draenei still hate them with a passion, however others as seen in TBC and WoD rather like them a lot. While I don't see those draenei hating the alliance, it scertainly makes them ost likely alliance race to be neutral.
    • Tauren: Faction of druids are quite soft on the Night elven druids, opening a door here. Grimtotem also work with the alliance and could be an enemy Tauren faction on the alliance.
    • Humans: Alterac humans and Syndicate are likely candidates for horde membership, Cult of the damned cultists, drawn to the forsaken also possible
    • Forsaken: Following Before the storm novel, we now know a number of forsaken are willing to reconcile with their former humanity and be received too by them, this could lead to either a separate faction of undead on the alliance or undead playing for either.
    • Goblins: Many cartels, one could easily be on the other side or even on both sides, like the Steamwheedle could be on both horde and alliance, although when you roll a goblin on horde you start with the bilgewater. Also bilgewater could possibly also play fo the alliance especially if profitable, however, they supplied most of the horde's weapons of mass destruction that cost a lot of alliance lives, so not sure they will.
    • Gnomes: Gnomes don't seem that alliance focused, more like go where the tech is, knowledge over allegiance sort of thing. Seen gnomes in places like Booty bay and other horde friendly zones, including Leper gnomes. Leper gnomes are a possibility to be horde only too.

A note on Elves:
    Elves: I hestitate to add this, cos technically, void elves are blood elves on the alliance, and Nightborne are night elves on the horde. however:

• Blood elves: Not only are they most likely to have members that don't mind switching to the alliance as they've almost done several times also been on it before, they do have a faction of high elves very much into the alliance. Unification could be a huge motivation for blood elves to be on both sides, however those on the alliance will likely be high elves.

• Nightborne: Both factions helped the Nightborne, but we know they love the kaldorei (very proud of their heritage), whilst Thalyssra noticed Tyrande's aid was grudging during 7.1, she had a lot of willing help from other night elves, and her brief tenure on the horde makes Tyrande's reticence justifiable and unusable as an excuse. Bottom line, Judging from their history and what we are shown in 7.0.1 , there would be quite a number of Nightborne who'd happily prefer to side with the kaldorei and thus alliance, especially after seeing Sylvanas' horde, and having like minded souls amongst the Darnassian hihgborne and void elves.

• Void elves: Void elves really want re-unification with all Thalassian elves, especially blood elves, atm, they firmly want that to happen on the alliance side. However is their loyalty more to the alliance? the void? or unification, and can any number of these switch to another. Whiles an outside chance here, if it switches to unification, I can see void elves willing to play on the horde - however they'd have to have a reason to hate the alliance (or at least much prefer their people whole over faction loyalties.

• Night Elves: The least likely race to have members wanting to join the horde. As of WoT, I would say no Darnassian kaldorei would want to. It is possible Kaldorei like the Dreamwardens, Farondis or Moonguard would side with the horde because they're quite friendly with the Nightborne, and would do it through that, however it is more likely a good number of Nightborne would side with the kaldorei, which would allow those lot to still be friends with the Nightborne kin they've been working and not be enemies of the Darnassians.
    • The Darnassians I can see having a faction on the horde under one condition. Once Sylvanas answers to her crimes, Tyrande's condition of peace is that a faction of the night elves sits on the horde council as well. Maiev volunteers for the job (which raises a few eyebrows - as she is both easily the most feared night elf but also the one mos tlikely to cause a Darnassian schism for which working on the horde would give her the means, Maiev has shown she is quite willing to take out Malfurion or Tyrande if she feels the Kaldorei would be better of for it). Tyrande's move ensures that the horde never work against the night elves, allowing Kaldorei to fully determine what happens on any ancestral land from Azshara to Feralas, and that her people are no longer threatened by either alliance or horde. Not sure how a night elf player would justify war mode, except that he /she hates other non-night elf alliance players, or hates those loyal to Tyradne/Malfurion and feels the less of them around the better.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-02-17 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Recreated OP from older thread.

10+ Year Old Account

Which races most suited to be a part of both factions

Goblins make a good amount of sense as a neutral race because there are multiple cartels with differing (and oftentimes directly-opposing) interests. You could make an argument for tauren, as well, given Baine's friendly relations with Anduin and their track record of being political moderates (in The Shattering, it was a tauren and blood elf whom the Horde sent as emissaries to pay their respects on behalf of the Horde). Similarly, the blood elves have always been pretty independent and fair-weather friends, and as recently as the Pandaren Campaign Lor'themar had been in talks about defecting until the Purge (and once again, Lor'themar had very little conflict before deciding he was open to working across faction lines to end the absolute meat-grinder we call the Fourth War). The pandaren already operate across faction lines, although they're split by whether they follow the Tushui or Huojin philosophy; as recently as BFA the pandaren from both factions helped secure Thunder Bluff, with Aysa, Ji, and their disciples/compatriots standing guard while Baine recovered from his wounds.

For most of the rest, we'd have to settle for split-off subfactions (like void elves and Nightborne) that have had a wedge driven between themselves and their 'main' faction (exiled by the blood elves, or ongoing tensions with the night elves while the blood elves welcomed them with open arms, respectively). While most adventurers would likely have no trouble teaming up across faction lines, and perhaps even forming adventuring guilds together if game mechanics weren't in the way, I don't think, for example, a night elf would be overly eager to sign on with the Horde, nor an orc with the Alliance.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

i believe that all races should be able to choose a faction,in lvl 1.we have the coin..next step is this.
    Last edited by Capultro; 2020-02-17 at 02:10 PM.

Weren't blood elves on the Human side in WC3?

I think it would be cool if you had Alliance Races, Horde Races, and neutral races where you could choose Alliance or Horde or remain neutral. Maybe even races that could only be neutral or one side or the other (Tauren could be neutral or Horde, but not Alliance for example). War Mode would become a free-for-all but your honor would be tripled or something... I don't PVP so don't know what the proper rewards would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Goblins make a good amount of sense as a neutral race because there are multiple cartels with differing (and oftentimes directly-opposing) interests. You could make an argument for tauren, as well, given Baine's friendly relations with Anduin and their track record of being political moderates (in The Shattering, it was a tauren and blood elf whom the Horde sent as emissaries to pay their respects on behalf of the Horde). Similarly, the blood elves have always been pretty independent and fair-weather friends, and as recently as the Pandaren Campaign Lor'themar had been in talks about defecting until the Purge (and once again, Lor'themar had very little conflict before deciding he was open to working across faction lines to end the absolute meat-grinder we call the Fourth War). The pandaren already operate across faction lines, although they're split by whether they follow the Tushui or Huojin philosophy; as recently as BFA the pandaren from both factions helped secure Thunder Bluff, with Aysa, Ji, and their disciples/compatriots standing guard while Baine recovered from his wounds.

For most of the rest, we'd have to settle for split-off subfactions (like void elves and Nightborne) that have had a wedge driven between themselves and their 'main' faction (exiled by the blood elves, or ongoing tensions with the night elves while the blood elves welcomed them with open arms, respectively). While most adventurers would likely have no trouble teaming up across faction lines, and perhaps even forming adventuring guilds together if game mechanics weren't in the way, I don't think, for example, a night elf would be overly eager to sign on with the Horde, nor an orc with the Alliance.
    Well yes, some races are far less likely because they don't have that basis in lore, and in fact, events have made it even less likely.. like night elves, except for the unique situation I mentioned, which could totally work. It's why i didn't list, orcs, dwarves, dark irons, trolls (both types), and gnome should really be in that list as there is no cross faction association whatsoever, their inclusion is merely based on their knowledge love and lack of any particular greviance with the horde. Saying that, one would expect them to be friendly towards Blood elves, though I don't feel the sentimetn would be mutual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Goblins. They go wherever the money is.

Goblins like money. They have a very clear active and understandable neutral motivator. While Vulpera also like scavenging for shiny trinkets - they probably aren't willing to sell their grandmas for a copper. Their allegiances aren't as easily bought. But Goblins' sure are. Goblins are a heck of a lot more ubiquitous in that people tend to know and associate the greed of money with this stereo-type for goblins. I know it, you know it, everyone knows it.

And while I think they're the most likely to see neutral, it's probably not what I'd want. I feel like the Horde treats goblins a lot better than the Alliance does. And while the Goblins probably don't care very much about that as long as they get paid - they die for less, even - it can still be pretty sad to see a Human stepping all over a Goblin just trying his best to get a job done and getting abused all the time. At the same time, I also kind of don't like seeing the Alliance being the better employer for the Goblins by actually being nice to them... it just kind of feels like they're trying to one-up the Horde, whereas maybe with the Horde it's more natural to treat the Goblin like family?

I feel like what I'd want to see, what I think would be *cool* to see, would be a -new- type of Worgen (maybe some from the Dream), and then have -that- be neutral. Something new would be fun. Changing an existing race to neutral I think would just make people mad.

Helves/belves/velves

Rest of the races seem too rooted to their respective faction.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    [*]Highmountain - have no beef with either race
    hwe

7+ Year Old Account
    another elf thread great

and yeah none race is suitable, every faction should have different races, and its fine the way it is

all the time this subject come up is people wanting to play the other faction elf, get over it

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    • Void elves: Void elves really want re-unification with all Thalassian elves, especially blood elves, atm, they firmly want that to happen on the alliance side. However is their loyalty more to the alliance? the void? or unification, and can any number of these switch to another. Whiles an outside chance here, if it switches to unification, I can see void elves willing to play on the horde - however they'd have to have a reason to hate the alliance (or at least much prefer their people whole over faction loyalties.
    Magister Umbric states that they were always loyal to Silvermoon and believed in the ideals of the Alliance, they never cared about the Horde. It is unlikely that any Void elf would go back to the Horde. There might be a civil war plotline if Alleria listens to the Void Lords and pushes her claim on Quel'thalas.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Stricks View Post
    Weren't blood elves on the Human side in WC3?

I think it would be cool if you had Alliance Races, Horde Races, and neutral races where you could choose Alliance or Horde or remain neutral. Maybe even races that could only be neutral or one side or the other (Tauren could be neutral or Horde, but not Alliance for example). War Mode would become a free-for-all but your honor would be tripled or something... I don't PVP so don't know what the proper rewards would be.
    For like 1½ a mission, yes.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like at this point a justification can be made for any cross-faction race. The only twitchy part to me (as a primarily Forsaken player) are the Forsaken. I suppose any race could join the Forsaken ala Bolvar's DK Trophies for everyone initiative, but I don't know that I see the other faction/races being eager to trust/accept a Forsaken. Sure there are isolated instances of this throughout the game, but it makes less sense after the events of BFA. Nothing is forever, but I don't see anyone trusting any Forsaken for - well - quite some time. At least another patch or two.

Other races could probably "defect" much more easily.

I guess I should answer the question though - got sidetracked - I feel like goblins are the easiest as they are the most mercenary-like. If not goblins, humans strike me as the most faction-flexible.
    Last edited by Nemah; 2020-02-17 at 06:11 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Goblins like money. They have a very clear active and understandable neutral motivator. While Vulpera also like scavenging for shiny trinkets - they probably aren't willing to sell their grandmas for a copper. Their allegiances aren't as easily bought. But Goblins' sure are. Goblins are a heck of a lot more ubiquitous in that people tend to know and associate the greed of money with this stereo-type for goblins. I know it, you know it, everyone knows it.

And while I think they're the most likely to see neutral, it's probably not what I'd want. I feel like the Horde treats goblins a lot better than the Alliance does. And while the Goblins probably don't care very much about that as long as they get paid - they die for less, even - it can still be pretty sad to see a Human stepping all over a Goblin just trying his best to get a job done and getting abused all the time. At the same time, I also kind of don't like seeing the Alliance being the better employer for the Goblins by actually being nice to them... it just kind of feels like they're trying to one-up the Horde, whereas maybe with the Horde it's more natural to treat the Goblin like family?

I feel like what I'd want to see, what I think would be *cool* to see, would be a -new- type of Worgen (maybe some from the Dream), and then have -that- be neutral. Something new would be fun. Changing an existing race to neutral I think would just make people mad.
    The thing about goblins is also, that the playable goblins are just ONE cartel; the Bilgewater. Other cartels such as Steamwheedle are neutral and the Venture Co. is rather hostile. Thus goblins could "easily" join both factions.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Magister Umbric states that they were always loyal to Silvermoon and believed in the ideals of the Alliance, they never cared about the Horde. It is unlikely that any Void elf would go back to the Horde. There might be a civil war plotline if Alleria listens to the Void Lords and pushes her claim on Quel'thalas.
    He does, but with the loyalty being Silvermoon, , once the horde starts behaving more like the alliance.. or perhaps unifcation starts becoming more highly desirable by the elves, this could all change. Atm, as it stands, I don't see it happen, but that would be the back door should that ever happen.

5+ Year Old Account
    Nightborne, easily. Going by their story, they should have been a neutral race, Panda style. But Blizz shoehorned them into the Horde so that they could give the Thalassian elf model to the Alliance - lo and behold, it seems to not have been enough, given all the QQ about high elves. Talk about entitlement
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Not taurens, Alliance has razed Tauren village Camp Taurajo, Alliance has mined Tauren lands without their permission including lands with burials

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Camp_Taurajo

Classic/TBC/WOTLK quest in Tauren starting area Mulgore hints that Night Elves and Taurens doesn't like each other. It was Taurens who asked Orcs to allow Forsaken to join Horde.

As for Forsaken Alliance already have undead among their ranks, Death Knights.
    If you check Youtube videos of Horde Bfa prepatch Darkshore events, it was mostly Orcs,Taurens and Trolls attacking Night Elves in Darkshore.
    According:

https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/The...nce_(Warcraft)

Humans abandoned a group of Blood Elves to the Scourge to die, and Humans sank a Goblin slave ship killing many innocent Goblin, but there was or still is some Goblins in Alliance ranks.
    Last edited by Grizel; 2020-02-18 at 08:54 PM.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I ticked on Lightforged and Mechagnomes, then tried to find the Nightborne and Void Elves but didn't find them. Didn't finalize my results as this won't work.

Forgot to add nightborne. Those would have been one of the highest voted on here. I voted for goblins and mechagnomes.

Voted all. Because arbitrary faction conflict / divide is retarded.

Insert fanboy "YoU cAn'T hAvE wArCrAfT wItHoUt WaR"

I'd like to remind everyone that the Lightforged are the militant draenei. There is no way they'd join with the faction and people who slaughtered their kin gleefully. And still call itsemf the Horde and names places after the guys who killed their kindred, devolved so many others and paved a huge road with the bones of draenei.
    Last edited by Manariel; 2020-02-19 at 08:43 AM.