Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    yeah, bcs nyalotha is not being cleaared on first day by morons
    compare amount of people who RAID not who cleared it, that is way more accurate as retail raiding is not on retarded difficulty so not everybody already cleared it...
    I still get flash backs of the apes stream, there RL is an embarissment to gaming, I thought raid leader like him packed up years ago when we found out they were all rage and no actual skill.

Quote Originally Posted by MrA View Post
    The reason they only chose one difficulty in retail is that many people do 3 if not all 4 difficulties. This makes it hard to distinguish how many actual players there are. You could very well be counting the same players 4 times, and even further x how many alts they are running as it is 800% easier to have alts raiding in BFA then Classic due to the longer leveling process for alts.

Most people only run 1 maybe 2 alts for the average player in Classic. Most of the players in BFA run anywhere between 6-10 alts, with at least 2-4 of them raiding (guestimating based on what I've seen from streamers, guildies, and others). I know its not the best representation of the community but a good guess.
    "many" sure, "most" nope, most people raid 1-2, so lets say if you double the heroic numbers you might be close to how many guilds raid on retail...
    but sure, compare only single difficulty, i know you dont want truth you want argument that support your side no matter if its correct or not...

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Nothing wrong with having very rare items drop from 5 mans. Like 0.15% for ironfoe so it isn’t something you can farm

Rare items in mmorpgs should come from all places and classic does that better than retail. Almost all the end game 5 mans offer 1 purple at a less than 1% drop rate. It keeps people running it forever and organically without m+, ap or bribing them with weekly drops.

It’s actually the very essence of what an rpg is and it’s brilliant game design
    Not when there better than the best gear in the hardest content, rewards should be proportional to difficulty not luck and time.

But that's basicly the titan forge argument.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    You just strawmanned his entire post. He talks about what makes an MMO fun, and you start rambling about difficulty.

How do you know he wouldn't clear Heroic/Mythic? You're assuming so much about someone without even seeing them play.

You can also still play a class much better than other people on Classic, you make it sound like any noob can walk into a raid and get a 99 parse. It still takes a degree of skill and preparation, sure maybe not as much as retail now or previous iterations, but there's still a lot to distinguish skilled players from bad ones.
    I think you've missed parts of the discussion. Which is fine, I don't expect everyone to read every single post.

re-read some things, then get back to me. Because its pretty clear none of the things I said were an insult, and more to do with the way he described his time while playing the game.

I don’t believe you quite frankly. No guild would give a binding to a holy paladin over the tank. Your guild would’ve instantly fallen apart on the spot.

And you are forgetting the important part of mmoRPG. It’s RPG.

Retail has lost that tho and retail is an mmo arpg. It’s more diablo3 arpg than Everquest like rpg
    I gave it my self, fuck the rest of them. Its an MMORPG retail is a bag of wank, classic is just worse. Its the alpha test of wotlk and the beta for tbc that's all it is.

Broken classes, shitty items, shitty loot, shitty easy bosses, and made by clueless devs. And it's not even really much like vanilla. Fuck know what classic is really, it's fake vanilla, a 1.12 skin stuck on the new Client with some radom changes thrown in and a weird release shedual trying to mimic vanilla patch cycle. And it's all gonna end with a perpetual screwed up server state where every one has everything like some wierd abandoned pserver project.

Quote Originally Posted by SinAscendant View Post
    You want player count? Here you go buddy.

https://wowclassicpopulation.com/

633k players in the last 14 days.
    Over 1 million character completed a M+ this season
    https://raider.io/mythic-plus-charac.../59120#content

About 2.8 mil last season
    https://raider.io/mythic-plus-charac...142263#content

Which is higher than season 2 (2.4)
    https://raider.io/mythic-plus-charac...120866#content

And about the same in S1
    https://raider.io/mythic-plus-charac...120141#content

Obviously there's alts in that, but still beats your 600k which also include alts, but doesn't include people who don't run M+.
    But let's spin the narrative and say Retail actually gained new players after S2! What happened during S3? Right, Classic was released. Maybe they were disappointed and joined Retail instead?

Or just stop using numbers without any context.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    I gave it my self, fuck the rest of them. Its an MMORPG retail is a bag of wank, classic is just worse. Its the alpha test of wotlk and the beta for tbc that's all it is.

Broken classes, shitty items, shitty loot, shitty easy bosses, and made by clueless devs. And it's not even really much like vanilla. Fuck know what classic is really, it's fake vanilla, a 1.12 skin stuck on the new Client with some radom changes thrown in and a weird release shedual trying to mimic vanilla patch cycle. And it's all gonna end with a perpetual screwed up server state where every one has everything like some wierd abandoned pserver project.
    Got it. Your just a troll and a liar. If your story was real, your guild would’ve crumbled on the spot. Maybe you are just a sociopath as well as a liar tho

Why do people keep making these threads? How hard can it be to just enjoy the version of wow you prefer without feeling the need of making these circle jerk threads?

Got it. Your just a troll and a liar. If your story was real, your guild would’ve crumbled on the spot. Maybe you are just a sociopath as well as a liar tho
    Or no one with any sense actualy cares and they know they will get it anyway as there's a list.

And as we don't care about timed runs and most of us only use classic for the luls and to gank when Were done with retail prog we don't need to "min max" the loot cos classic is an embarrassing joke of game.

Here's something that might boil ur piss, the mage is next after me.

We gave the first hand of rag to a druid and the 2nd to the shammy. Ohhhhhh no guild collapse Inc......such drama.... Give me a break who cares about classic loot.

Hell even esfand has a hand of rag... No one but the speed runners are taking this shit seriously.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2020-02-17 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    you are assuming MOST people raid all difficulties, which is incorect... most people raid 1-2 difficulties...

somehow comparing single difficulty when there are people raiding on another 3 difficulties is unfair too, but hey, that seemed to be in favor of YOUR argument, so that was ok right? lovely double standards...
    I specifically said double and triple... did you even read what I wrote lol? Stop making things up that I didn't say. Not even going to waste my time anymore.

Or no one with any sense actualy cares and they know they will get it anyway as there's a list.

And as we don't care about timed runs and most of us only use classic for the luls and to gank when Were done with retail prog we don't need to "min max" the loot cos classic is an embarrassing joke of game.

We gave the first hand of rag to a druid and the 2nd to the shammy. Ohhhhhh no guild collapse Inc......such drama.... Give me a break who cares about classic loot.
    No one cares about your posts. You’re clearly trolling and a liar so who cares what you have to say.

What’s your characters name? I can find you on ironforge pro and see your binding if it’s true

Put up or shut up

This is an mmo, not an rpg. If you want an end play dragonage. MMOs are about a living breathing world and constant progress and story.

When it comes to classic it is me me me only reason I playing this shower shit is cos they wanted me to.

I already have a binding, not sure what I'm gonna do with thuderfury when I get that as a holy pala but w/e probs throw it in the collection of junk in my bank.

This games fucking cushey when you control the loot council.

Hell even esfand has a hand of rag... No one but the speed runners are taking this shit seriously.
    You gave the first binding to a Holy Paladin (yourself.)
    You gave the 2nd Hand of Rag to a Shaman.

Do you see what's wrong with your fictional story?

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    I specifically said double and triple... did you even read what I wrote lol? Stop making things up that I didn't say. Not even going to waste my time anymore.
    yes i have, its based on assuming most people raid multiple difficulties, which is at best guesswork...

Quote Originally Posted by Factsbeforefeelings View Post

Yeah he’s obviously lying and comes off like a sociopath tbh

He’s either a lying troll, or a dirtbag sociopath. Pick one

Quote Originally Posted by Factsbeforefeelings View Post

That you don't like were not taking this seriously enough for you.

Binding went to me, then we gave the eye and bits to the druid, then next eye went to the Ele shamman cos fuck it he rolled highest.

Mage wants the next binding, don't think he knows he can't use it but that will be funny anyway.

Lighten up give peps what they want, it's not like we're gonna stop running mc or BWL in years to come.

Also wtf else are we gonna do except have a laugh watching the shammy gank people, all we have is stupid split runs of content that takes less than an hr to clear.

Soonas were Done with nyalotha it's back to ganking till SL comes out. Not our fault the games designed crap and let's people do this.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2020-02-17 at 06:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrA View Post
    Since Classic was released, we have seen a drop in players in US, but not to the extend people were expecting. Our server is thriving so much that when Ony head is about to be dropped, the lag in Org feels like they are about to crash the server, as much as a 30sec to 1min delay.

The big ticket proof that Classic is more popular is Blizzard's advertisement to get new players to WoW. Blizzard isn't trying to pull new players touting retail WoW, but using Classic as a selling point for new players to subscribe. Currently in the US, Blizzard is offering 50% to new players for Classic. As we all know, classic is tied to the retail subscription, which in essence means that new players are getting BFA for 50% off. But the specific wording is "World of Warcraft: Classic".

TLDR: Blizzard is advertising for new players, using Classic WoW, proving Classic WoW is more popular.
    These idiotic 'Classic vs Retail' threads parroting on and on about which one is more popular, are pointless. Either way Blizz gets your money and your time, which are the two things that matter most to their bottom line, because you can't even play Classic without a retail sub.

And none of you have data on which is played more, rendering anything discussion about it speculation and nothing but.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    That you don't like were not taking this seriously enough for you.

Binding went to me, then we gave the eye and bits to the druid, then next eye went to the Ele shamman cos fuck it he rolled highest.

Mage wants the next binding, don't think he knows he can't use it but that will be funny anyway.

Lighten up give peps what they want, it's not like we're gonna stop running mc or BWL in years to come.
    /facepalm ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    These idiotic 'Classic vs Retail' threads parroting on and on about which one is more popular, are pointless. Either way Blizz gets your money and your time, which are the two things that matter most to their bottom line, because you can't even play Classic without a retail sub.

And none of you have data on which is played more, rendering anything discussion about it speculation and nothing but.
    A lot of people are using Warcraft logs and wow progress to look at the scale of each side of the game - Original WoW or Retail as we like to call it has been around for 15.25 years and because of this Classic's new new even though it's old FEEL makes a lot of people want to try it out.. the problem is people go back thinking Classic is going to be like how it was DURING VANILLA but the fact is: It just isn't..

I'm not here to convince anyone to go play either version: I would rather you all decided that for yourselves - but to be crystal clear: the thread title is literally a direct thread to Classic WoW Vs Original WoW discussion - it's literally what it's titled as fam

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    /facepalm ...
    He doesnt even play classic. He just larps on here lol. I dont think he even understands what he said is literally impossible on classic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    He doesnt even play classic. He just larps on here lol. I dont think he even understands what he said is literally impossible on classic
    Hehe, still funny.