Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I should have known.

I should have known to stop myself, but i didnt.
    I knew but....but what if I was wrong, there was a hope, a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Defend View Post
    Hopes, dreams, all squashed. All because of that screen.
    It once held such promise, but now it simply gives me pause to scream.
    "Eye of Azshara" the title reads, a name filled with wonder,
    But now, the very thought causes my mind to ponder.

The wishes and dreams i once had for the future,
    Now left lifeless and barren, my heart, in need of a suture.
    And while this reply might make its pretentiousness shine,
    All i wonder is why i thought it a good idea to make it rhyme.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, shitty poem, i know. But what can you expect on a mind about to go to sleep.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Someone in discord got hands on Shadowlands Alpha start experience. Thoughts?

http://i.imgur.com/XCHUYUi.jpg
    Looks pretty good. Signs of the greatest expansion in years? I think so.

I should have known.

The link was very shiny.

I know what is behind it just from the link. There never was any hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I'm hoping they announce some kind of event Monday.
    RIP Monday event.

RIP Monday event.
    T.Tuesday Event?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Someone in discord got hands on Shadowlands Alpha start experience. Thoughts?

http://i.imgur.com/XCHUYUi.jpg
    So it begins...

- - - Updated - - -

T.Tuesday Event?
    Hopefully!!

I am really wondering what this tower is going to be like is it going to be essentially a horrific vision every level where you have a mini boss that you kill and then the main boss will have the mechanics in the higher up you go the more you get or will it be more a kin to a dungeon sister
    I am really wondering what this tower is going to be like is it going to be essentially a horrific vision every level where you have a mini boss that you kill and then the main boss will have the mechanics and the higher up you go the more you get or will it be more a kin to a dungeon system

Will we have bosses that draw from the same pool of five different abilities but they get added health in damage each level along with a random affix

Will we have drops similar to visions or are we going to have a random chest with one piece of gear and some currency for the legendary

How many legendary‘s are there going to be are they going to be weapons or random piece of armor or a trinket

Will swapping covenants be like swapping guilds where you don’t have to restart from scratch but restart from like one level below max

Will the little owl people be a reputation where we get an allied race at the end of it

When Shadowlands launchers are they going to give us the two obvious allied races for the pre-patch alliance being jimmy and horde being Mogu

Are the class changes that we saw in November the extent of it or just the beginning

What is the next step in the corruption system because if we look at it we can see that it is a placeholder or an early iteration of the next system that we will see in Shadowlands

What will the time walking mist of Pandaria Raid be please tell me it’s throne of thunder

But the most important question can I control my fucking clones on my Windwalker again and please let Master Loot return

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I'm only pointing out candidates for when the initial AR cycle is complete. Also, I disagree with your opinion.
    So I am being very conservative in expecting only one race each for the pre-order or a pre-patch of Shadowlands that being the two Pandarian races jinyu and mogu

But if we got two more races I would say kelfin and hozen

So it begins...

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully!!
    tuesday event? What?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    There is no point of more allied races. New customization will cover subraces, new unified starting zone solves problem with creating questing experience for regular races. Now they can just release brand new race without stupid requirements whenever they see it fits lore.

Hopefully!!
    Blizzard always disappoints me in this regard. So I don't expect anything alpha related before late march.
    It's like this damn Nintendo Direct people are waiting for. The more you wait for it, the longer it takes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Blizzard always disappoints me in this regard. So I don't expect anything alpha related before late march.
    It's like this damn Nintendo Direct people are waiting for. The more you wait for it, the longer it takes.
    Don't get me started on the Nintendo Direct. Or the Xbox/Playstation events. Normally all of those would be out or announced by now...

On the other hand I am already dreading alpha...all that matters for me are sufficient class changes and I'm afraid that I won't like the direction they are going.

On the other hand I am already dreading alpha...all that matters for me are sufficient class changes and I'm afraid that I won't like the direction they are going.
    There probably won't be massive changes to classes during Alpha anyways, so your fear might be a bit premature.

There probably won't be massive changes to classes during Alpha anyways, so your fear might be a bit premature.
    Next to no changes would be nearly as bad as the wrong changes. Don't get me wrong, I know what you mean. But if my main class stays as bland as it is right now (or gets even more dumbed down), I just won't play. I already didn't preorder after those sh*tshows we got in Legion and BfA.

With the levelsquish they now have the chance to really rework talents and everything. And to be fair: I expect at least some drastic changes if they keep word and return to class design rather than spec design. Not legion size changes (god, please no), but at least some noteable changes.
    Last edited by ExiHext; 2020-02-18 at 10:08 AM.

Next to no changes would be nearly as bad as the wrong changes. Don't get me wrong, I know what you mean. But if my main class stays as bland as it is right now (or gets even more dumbed down), I just won't play. I already didn't preorder after those sh*tshows we got in Legion and BfA.

With the levelsquish they now have the chance to really rework talents and everything. And to be fair: I expect at least some drastic changes if they keep word and return to class design rather than spec design. Not legion size changes (god, please no), but at least some noteable changes.
    Will certainly be interesting. There are definitely classes that seems to have hit upon what is almost the perfect spec, so changes are not really necessary, but i do agree that for some classes changes would be quite welcome. MM for instance is one of those classes that while i certainly enjoy it enough as a main spec, i do not at all feel like the spec has reached that pinnacle of design that a spec like Outlaw rogue has.

That beign said, at least for MM i know there is the return of Kill Shot and Hunter's makr, which should force some changes to the base rotation to make sure the abilities don't just float around in the ether.

I should have known.

If clicking a random link and seeing the EoA login screen is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    that merely could work out in pve but never in pvp.
    Yeah, that's the thing, WoW was always planned as a PvE game, with PvP tacked on due to the franchise's history and because other MMOs had it.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Yeah, that's the thing, WoW was always planned as a PvE game, with PvP tacked on due to the franchise's history and because other MMOs had it.
    That's kind of half-true. Even the earliest designs they discussed after announcing WoW, which was way back in 2001, featured PvP. But it is true that they never seemed to fully think through how it should be integrated into the game, and certainly not to implement it. Early on it seems like the were very much envisioning some sort of faction war where zones changed hands and so on, there were siege weapons out in the world, and all that. But they just didn't implement it at all. Nor have they ever designed class abilities for the kind of large scale PvP they envisioned.

BGs seem to have been a later thought to try to contain PvP and make it so you had small, separated fights, for the most part, because the abilities and engine handled them better.

This was very different from DAoC, say, where PvP (RvR) was primary to the design and even in large scale conflicts abilities worked well and made sense.

So many people think blizzard is holding the alpha to make a big splash and here i am thinking its because they have no id what to do with SL.