Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Because most people saw pandas and checked out before giving it a shot.

MoP had some of the best class balance and playstyle in the history of the game. The raids well all good to excellent.

Honestly the only negative aspect was 5.3.
    Warlocks casting wihle moving and doing 40%+ dmg over every other class was 100% balanced i agee, and the 9 other locks that killed Hc leishen in my raid agree too ^^
    Last edited by Feral Druid ist Op; 2020-02-17 at 10:45 PM.
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    TBC was clearly the most successful expansion, it grew in numbers the entire time. WOTLK kept it steady which just means it was good enough to keep everyone playing but not good enough to attract mass interest of new players,
    WOD is the funniest shit ever, 3 million players get excited to for an expansion going back in time to fight the original Orc leaders on Dreanor -> Blizzard butchers an amazing potential story/content -> 3 million players quit.
    Wrath stagnated because wrath didn't get released in china til the tail end due to be being banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Wrath stagnated because wrath didn't get released in china til the tail end due to be being banned.
    Nope. You're both wrong. Wrath is when WoW reached market saturation. 12 to 13 million is the maximum number of players who will pay to play WoW at a single given time. It was the height of the game's popularity and the single most successful expansion Blizzard has ever or will ever release (in terms of cyclical income from subscriptions alone).

people saw pandas and thought the xpac was shitty but turned out to be one of the best

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    But it wasn't nearly as linear as Cata or WoD questing.
    In Jade Forest you had options of going to different areas or just travel directly to hubs where you would find quests. In Cata and WoD you could literally not proceed through a zone without following a questchain. You could not leave the horde starting zone in Draenor without finishing it(before they fixed it and stopped porting people back if they tried).
    Uhm, not sure if i remember this wrong. But cata had at least 2 starting zones and WOD is worse than mop yes.

MoP was just a dumb idea. Well executed but if you were to write on paper the idea for MoP:
    "Let's add kung fu panda to a game about killing badass ice kings and make it so you can actually be a panda! How amazing!"
    The content for MoP was WOLK quality but the whole idea, in general, was stupid and just put a bad taste in a lot of players mouths about what path the game was taking, after that, people just thought the game was going downhill(not wrong) and it wasn't what it once was.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    Warlocks casting wihle moving and doing 40%+ dmg over every other class was 100% balanced i agee, and the 9 other locks that killed Hc leishen in my raid agree too ^^
    over every other dps class you mean.

because if your tank wasn't first on dps, he wasn't playing properly.

Also he should be first on hps.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    Even though I consider MoP to be one of the best expansions its facts that MoP warlock was the most broken class in the history of the game. Not only did they do the most dps by a good bit but were also basically immortal in PvE content due to SL and massive health pools. The only reason it wasn't complained about more is that all the classes were so much fun to play. I had like 6 alts and all of them were great in their own way.

Personally, I enjoyed the class balance for MOST classes (I know people will want my head for this, but I never enjoyed rogue until outlaw came out in Legion) but I didn't care for Pandaren nor Pandaria and I thought the raids were lame until SoO (well, Throne of Thunder was alright, but still wasn't a huge fan). Loved the PvP, though. Overall, I'm fairly "meh" about MoP.

I remember people on this forum were crying non-stop about wanting Pandaren, got them, and now I see like 1 Pandaren every 5,000 years.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    To me mop was the best wow had been since I started playing in cata, I still think its the best expansion to date.
    In retroperspective, it really was the best expansion up to date, MoP hat actually great class design(sry rogues), tons of abilities on each class, pvp power on gear, and actually excellent raids with ToT and SoO and many other side activities like blood coin farming.

But, it also had pandas and a rough start with rather boring raids and dailies chores. The dailies were rather hard for the weak gear at the start mobs were tough to mow down first and rewarded only a few rep.

Pandaria was kinda empty too, other than those treasures that you can find sometimes.

The big change came really with ToT and Oondasta that T-Rex was tuned for hc raids(aka mythic) and never i saw, so many skeletons on the floor on his isle, without actually scoring a kill by multiple 40man raids.

Fun times.

Some expansions are simply weak at the beginning and thats usually not a good idea, as people will quit right there at the start, if they don't have fun. And probably most critics rating the game will rate it for the first few days/weeks when its released.

Like if you see the ratings of MoP at metacritic, that low rating probably wasn't done with later patch content, that indeed made MoP a great expansion, in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post

i dont count vengence + tricks shenanigans This was a special retardation for itself and 100% balanced too ^^

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Even though I consider MoP to be one of the best expansions its facts that MoP warlock was the most broken class in the history of the game. Not only did they do the most dps by a good bit but were also basically immortal in PvE content due to SL and massive health pools. The only reason it wasn't complained about more is that all the classes were so much fun to play. I had like 6 alts and all of them were great in their own way.
    Yeah we had 12 locks in ToT 2 on the bench and 10 in the raid the only reason we got world rank 31
    Last edited by Feral Druid ist Op; 2020-02-17 at 11:16 PM.
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Nope. You're both wrong. Wrath is when WoW reached market saturation. 12 to 13 million is the maximum number of players who will pay to play WoW at a single given time. It was the height of the game's popularity and the single most successful expansion Blizzard has ever or will ever release (in terms of cyclical income from subscriptions alone).
    Wrath enjoyed forward momentum from BC. Late BC saw the destruction of the in-game communities. There was a gradual erosion of the playerbase after that. All the extroverts didn't leave in one day. It took time for them to realize "hey, its not nearly as much fun when everyone is anonymous and content is made for small groups". There was a process of discovery at how bad things had become, followed by an exodus.

Wrath was terrible. But it took quite a while for the disaster of the Wrath xpac to turn around the moonshot that was growing sub numbers and send it into a nosedive. Its like turning an aircraft carrier around.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

He was referring to ToT and Vengeance scaling didn't get out of hand until later in SoO. The scaling issues were already evident in ToT on certain fights but it didn't become outright ludicrous until the last tier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Wrath enjoyed forward momentum from BC. Late BC saw the destruction of the in-game communities. There was a gradual erosion of the playerbase after that. All the extroverts didn't leave in one day. It took time for them to realize "hey, its not nearly as much fun when everyone is anonymous and content is made for small groups". There was a process of discovery at how bad things had become, followed by an exodus.

Wrath was terrible. But it took quite a while for the disaster of the Wrath xpac to turn around the moonshot that was growing sub numbers and send it into a nosedive. Its like turning an aircraft carrier around.
    Nice opinion but everything you just typed is 100% incorrect. Your singular opinion of Wrath as an expansion has absolutely nothing to do with why people did or did not subscribe to WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    And locks weren't just op in PvE content.

They were the most op class in PvP content in the history of wow pvp up to date.(including TBC SL/SL immortality)

In the first season in s12, a single demology lock with pvp gear could kill a whole clustered raid of players with chaos waves and dark soul up. A whole fking raid of geared players.(keep in mind s12 health pools were much smaller than later seasons, tho).

This was so op, that blizz stripped the demo locks of most of their aoe burst dmg, so you only saw destruction locks 1 hitting dudes with chaos bolts. oneshots on ST are very balanced, compared to raid 2 shots.

you thought this is x-factor, no it really did happen.

Makes me sad to see in wod/legion/bfa locks appear so weak in comparission, the icing on the cake in mop was that locks also came with great class design.

BfA locks may 2 shot people with an 3min infernal and chaos bolt, but that was not as powerful as what could be done in MoP and the class design is probably the shallowst i have ever seen...every spec based about a 3 min summon cd, while iconic abilities are pruned, what is this nonsense?

Blizz fired the lock mop designer for the crap and prunings we got after MoP, imagine that.

Long content droughts.

Also, MOP wasn't great.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Blizz fired the lock mop designer for the crap and prunings we got after MoP, imagine that.
    WoD Affliction was one of the best designed classes of all time. It really didn't even change that much from MoP. (MoP Soul Swap was way too fucking OP, it needed to get removed.) Destro didn't change much, either.

He was referring to ToT and Vengeance scaling didn't get out of hand until later in SoO. The scaling issues were already evident in ToT on certain fights but it didn't become outright ludicrous until the last tier.
    You didn't see good brewmasters doing 300k dps @ heroic lei shen then did you.

Because "Pandas were a joke addition in WC3" and "I dont want this stupid weboo shit in my game" attitudes from children.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

WoD Affliction was one of the best designed classes of all time. It really didn't even change that much from MoP. (MoP Soul Swap was way too fucking OP, it needed to get removed.) Destro didn't change much, either.
    WoD, allready did prun quite some abilities i think curse of the elements was one of it, but wod was still very playable, even due to some pruning on all classes.

But legion killed destruction lock's class fantasy for me, when embers were finally removed and replaced by those generic soul shards.

Such a bad move in class design, if it wasn't for the order hall and some legendaries i would have ended my lock right there.

And that horrible change of the iconic (mop-wod) demo spec due to DHs.

I like some QoL, but i prefere immersion and gameplay over it.

You didn't see good brewmasters doing 300k dps @ heroic lei shen then did you.
    Yet again, it was a problem on some encounters with some specs (BrM was broken for most of MoP) but the issue you described (tank is top DPS no matter what) didn't become endemic until SoO.