Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Why would i want to play online when i can play offline? Playing offline is way better then playing online and i fucking hate forced online play like in D3 or PoE.
    Yea, both those games could totally deal with an offline mode. Sure you couldn't do things like seasons and what not unless you went online, but there's also a lot of people who just want to play the regular game.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Yea, both those games could totally deal with an offline mode. Sure you couldn't do things like seasons and what not unless you went online, but there's also a lot of people who just want to play the regular game.
    Why couldn't you do seasons offline?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Seasons are about ladders and shit, you can't have that offline. Though you could have the season "thing" I suppose.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Literally no reason to take the time to make seasonal offline when a core component is online features including ladders and whatnot. You could mod your offline game to do whatever you want, so there's no reason for devs to spend time there. You want players in one environment seasonally so the game is alive, fun for players, and keeps the game healthy population wise.

It also allows two distinct sets of player goals and economies: see POE for a great example. This game has none of that yet, but that should be the goal for any seasonally updated ARPG.
    BAD WOLF

Seasons are about ladders and shit, you can't have that offline. Though you could have the season "thing" I suppose.
    going to take a wild stab and say the VAST majority of players don't give a fuck about ladder and play seasons for the mechanics and the fun of starting off fresh again. None of which require online.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Play seasons on d3 on my switch for cosmetic rewards and the new twist in the game play all offline. Give 0 shits about ladders.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Play seasons on d3 on my switch for cosmetic rewards and the new twist in the game play all offline. Give 0 shits about ladders.
    And the leaderboards are infested with cheaters, edited characters, etc. Not saying it would be a problem here because if they can keep them separate it's fine, but it's definitely not handled right on console D3

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    You talk about apologist while those people just pointing out that most of those negative rewievs are because of the maintenance and have nothing to do with the quality of the game post fix. You are very good example of this bandwagon, you do not play as you said but it seems you have better knowledge about the game than people who play it. If you wanted to see toxic pit you should see Wolcen twitter with all those kids screaming Rip game, refund, and posting memes like bots. And guess what? Most of them are back and play.
    I bought the game and was not able to play it within the 48 hours after the purchase. That's not being part of bandwagon, nor being a screaming kid, that's simply receiving a broken product and returning it. The funny thing is I went to steam forum for the game one last time when I saw this thread here on MMO-C and guess what - it seems the servers were down again, and we're like 4 days past release now? How many days should the game be not functional after the release to warrant a refund you think? How long should people wait to play the game they bought? It's a completely new IP. If this was a game series I was heavily invested in, for example WoW, then maybe I would have just waited a week until those issues are sorted (and it's worth mentioning shit like that never happened to me in WoW nor any other game, the longest I had to wait to play a new expansion was like 20 minutes), but it's this new thing trying to impress people and win people over - which it clearly failed to do.

The whole situation around Wolcen is this tribal/outrage gamer mentality all over again, but with a different twist. The game launched in an absolutely abysmal/broken state, but it has this cult following that attacks everyone for crticising it and excuses all the problems with it. The "cool thing to do" in this case seems to be to defend the developer, just because they are small/indie/diablo-killers. It's basically the underdog story, but even that is actually bogus, as it seems half the youtube got paid to promote this game. Bottom line is that it's just a dysfunctional product. It's pretty funny that people who shit on other games for not working for 10 minutes after the release defend this as if this was the actual second coming

Why would i want to play online when i can play offline? Playing offline is way better then playing online and i fucking hate forced online play like in D3 or PoE.
    Even if you don't actually want to play with other people, on-line has more features, and if you ever wanted to try multiplayer, you'd have to start from scratch. That alone makes offline play inferior.

going to take a wild stab and say the VAST majority of players don't give a fuck about ladder and play seasons for the mechanics and the fun of starting off fresh again. None of which require online.
    That's me. I play pretty much every season of D3. I enjoying making a fresh character, playing for a couple hours, doing the seasonal quests and achievements, getting rewards and peacing out. I'm surprised as to how enjoyable D3 has become in the long run. I was one of those who quit it fairly quickly following its release. Came back around season 10 or so and now I'm coming back to it regularly.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-02-18 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I bought the game and was not able to play it within the 48 hours after the purchase. That's not being part of bandwagon, nor being a screaming kid, that's simply receiving a broken product and returning it. The funny thing is I went to steam forum for the game one last time when I saw this thread here on MMO-C and guess what - it seems the servers were down again, and we're like 4 days past release now? How many days should the game be not functional after the release to warrant a refund you think? How long should people wait to play the game they bought? It's a completely new IP. If this was a game series I was heavily invested in, for example WoW, then maybe I would have just waited a week until those issues are sorted (and it's worth mentioning shit like that never happened to me in WoW nor any other game, the longest I had to wait to play a new expansion was like 20 minutes), but it's this new thing trying to impress people and win people over - which it clearly failed to do.

The whole situation around Wolcen is this tribal/outrage gamer mentality all over again, but with a different twist. The game launched in an absolutely abysmal/broken state, but it has this cult following that attacks everyone for crticising it and excuses all the problems with it. The "cool thing to do" in this case seems to be to defend the developer, just because they are small/indie/diablo-killers. It's basically the underdog story, but even that is actually bogus, as it seems half the youtube got paid to promote this game. Bottom line is that it's just a dysfunctional product. It's pretty funny that people who shit on other games for not working for 10 minutes after the release defend this as if this was the actual second coming

Even if you don't actually want to play with other people, on-line has more features, and if you ever wanted to try multiplayer, you'd have to start from scratch. That alone makes offline play inferior.

That's me. I play pretty much every season of D3. I enjoying making a fresh character, playing for a couple hours, doing the seasonal quests and achievements, getting rewards and peacing out. I'm surprised as to how enjoyable D3 has become in the long run. I was one of those who quit it fairly quickly following its release. Came back around season 10 or so and now I'm coming back to it regularly.
    I give every game the benefit of the doubt for at least a week after release. If they're still unplayable (which this isn't) a week after release, then I start getting concerned.

I didn't even get mad when WoD was unplayable for 3-5 days at launch.

7+ Year Old Account

If i can´t play the fucking game bcs i have some internet problems then that´s shit. So forced online mode is the worst thing ever.

If i can´t play the fucking game bcs i have some internet problems then that´s shit. So forced online mode is the worst thing ever.
    People don't understand that there's parts of the world (and US) that have such shitty internet that things like that are a plausible occurrence.

I give every game the benefit of the doubt for at least a week after release. If they're still unplayable (which this isn't) a week after release, then I start getting concerned.

I didn't even get mad when WoD was unplayable for 3-5 days at launch.
    I wasn't actively playing during WoD release so no idea how that would affect me. I played through Cata, Mop and BfA releases, and all of them were fine. But yeah, once I'm in, I'm in, and I'm not gonna quit wow over tech issues for a couple days. But if I'm trying a completely new thing, I spend my hard earned money on despite never playing it before I want it to charm me from the start. The game not working is far from that. And my financial situation doesn't allow me to just throw money around on non functional games.

People don't understand that there's parts of the world (and US) that have such shitty internet that things like that are a plausible occurrence.
    It's not a problem for me that there is an off-line mode. I personally don't need it, but it's not like I have an issue with it being there. What bothers me though is that the online mode that I'm interested in is not working.

I wasn't actively playing during WoD release so no idea how that would affect me. I played through Cata, Mop and BfA releases, and all of them were fine. But yeah, once I'm in, I'm in, and I'm not gonna quit wow over tech issues for a couple days. But if I'm trying a completely new thing, I spend my hard earned money on despite never playing it before I want it to charm me from the start. The game not working is far from that. And my financial situation doesn't allow me to just throw money around on non functional games.

It's not a problem for me that there is an off-line mode. I personally don't need it, but it's not like I have an issue with it being there. What bothers me though is that the online mode that I'm interested in is not working.
    It's a couple of days at most, it's not like the game will never be playable, refund it and buy it on sale later if you decide you like the way it looks /shrug, no one is faulting you for wanting to refund it.

That said, I've had it for like a year, so I know how good of a game it is for me, so it really doesn't bother me in the slightlest.

Well fuck it. Picked it up because my brother is playing and seems to be enjoying it. Time to see what this shit is all about.

7+ Year Old Account
    I´m from germany and if i´m downloading something i download with 1,6 MB/s max.

So yeah with such a connection playing is sometimes more then hard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Got to level 50 tonight, steamrolling a bruiser!

Btw, I've lost my stash items three times and I just lost a unique lvl 50 2h sword. I was trying to change its sockets while my friend left the game causing me to disconnect as well for some reason. When I logged back in the sword was gone, because it hadn't been in my inventory but in the socket changing interface.....
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I see some people shitting at the game cuz of server issues. Then I look at steam discussions over their news about server situation. everybody is so positive, even the negative comments are positive, constructive.

But blizz shilss gotta shit on the game. you people are disgusting. when people were frothing with no offline game play you were defending diablo 3, lol it is the future, cheating protection etc.

this game even offers a complete offline experience and you gotta shit on them. hypocrisy over 9000. it is not even blizzard scale company, an indie group of 13 people? back to your cave trolls, until diablo 4 comes this is the best we have. Can't wait to buy this game.

Well... they only beta tested act 1 and to level 20 and less than half the skills, so beta was near useless for bug catching lol.
    Well, most of the bugs have really nothing to do with character level.
    I play online though and I don't know how which bugs are caused from server issues and which are simply wrong to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Well, most of the bugs have really nothing to do with character level.
    I play online though and I don't know how which bugs are caused from server issues and which are simply wrong to begin with.
    The only bugs I ran into so far (clicking issues and bats) didn't even exist on beta, so they got spawned out of the void

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I see some people shitting at the game cuz of server issues. Then I look at steam discussions over their news about server situation. everybody is so positive, even the negative comments are positive, constructive.

But blizz shilss gotta shit on the game. you people are disgusting. when people were frothing with no offline game play you were defending diablo 3, lol it is the future, cheating protection etc.

this game even offers a complete offline experience and you gotta shit on them. hypocrisy over 9000. it is not even blizzard scale company, an indie group of 13 people? back to your cave trolls, until diablo 4 comes this is the best we have. Can't wait to buy this game.
    Stay away from the subreddit. Stock in negativity is up so people are trying to cash in on those fake internet points.

Resident Cosplay Progressive