Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Grinding dailies for ap is a lot of fun lol.
    I don't find it fun at all - so I avoided any AP grinding as it wasn't required. But if you enjoy grinding - I imagine classic is the game for you.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    No evidence is ever gonna be sufficient with pedants like you, why does it matter anyway?
    In other words, you don't actually have the numbers.

You also don’t likely have a car worthy of said adulation. I have a Tesla model x irl, and my friends practically beg to ride in it
    Does that say anything about the perceived value or prestige of the car, or about the friends you keep? If they can be impressed by something as petty as a car, I'm going to go for the latter. I don't know anyone who'd be impressed by whatever car a person drives. If they want to take a ride with it, why don't they go to a dealer and drive it for themselves? Or do dealers not offer test drives where you're from?

Prestige is always subjective. It only works in certain circles.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Does that say anything about the perceived value or prestige of the car, or about the friends you keep? If they can be impressed by something as petty as a car, I'm going to go for the latter. I don't know anyone who'd be impressed by whatever car a person drives. If they want to take a ride with it, why don't they go to a dealer and drive it for themselves? Or do dealers not offer test drives where you're from?

Prestige is predicatred on achivment.

prestige without achievement is praestigium, an illusion.

During the most recent RWF, there were more people watching on streaming sites than actively playing retail themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Kinda happens when the Classic zealots use anything as "proof" that Classic is dominating Live...you don't see all of these desperate threads popping up trying to prove how Live is destroying Classic.

They don't need them because Live players will just play the game, they're not as desperate to prove Live is better like some of these CLassic players.
    Classic fanbois are absolutely obsessed with retail - have been since day 1. For some, i suspect they are just trying to convince themselves they are enjoying classic more than they actually are - so they seek out an echo chamber of people patting them on the back for playing classic.

Weird thing is most ppl on this forum play classic, myself included, but the vast majority of classic players are totally normal and just enjoy it for what it is - warts and all, acknowledging all the vast improvements retail has made over the years compared to classic, while still talking about the things they love about classic. There are some level headed people on here who are perfectly fine to have an open discussion with, even if you disagree, however there is an extremely smug and arrogant sub set of users who only want people agreeing with them, else be labeled a troll.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Madwand01 View Post
    During the most recent RWF, there were more people watching on streaming sites than actively playing retail themselves.
    Your silly attempts at soliciting a fiery response are sadly quite misguided - try the retail forum, you might have better luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Prestige is predicatred on achivment.

prestige without achievement is praestigium, an illusion.
    Yes, but people also have varying definitions of what is an achievement, and what isn't. Or rather if it is noteworthy or not. Someone who struggled getting a job and finally becoming a salesman would consider that an achievement, and when he comes from a neighbourhood with high unemployment, a steady job with a decent income might be considered prestigious.

Which leads us back to 'prestige is entirely subjective'.

I argued that point earlier actually. Anything can be prestigious to the right people.

I listed rare baseball/basketball cards as another good example.

To some, they are worthless. To others? Worth millions

Those cards sell for like, 1 million dollars don’t they? I’d call that pretty prestigious for some dumb rng trading cards.

Anything can have prestige and value
    No, that's not at all the case. Monetary value doesn't even have anything to do with prestige. It's pretty obvious you just have a fundamental misunderstanding of what "prestige" actually means. The word is inextricably connected to perception related to achievement, quality, admiration, and/or respect. Just because something is rare, or desirable, or expensive does NOT mean that it confers prestige.

Sure keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better

The reality is barely anyone plays Classic anymore, which is understandable, because there's just nothing to do once you are done with your leveling except raids and pointless pvp.

I have no problem if Classic is more popular than retail, its free money for Blizz so both sides benefit.

I argued that point earlier actually. Anything can be prestigious to the right people.

I listed rare baseball/basketball cards as another good example.

To some, they are worthless. To others? Worth millions
    Again, this is irrelevant. You're just talking about monetary value, not prestige. They are NOT the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    No, that's not at all the case. Monetary value doesn't even have anything to do with prestige. It's pretty obvious you just have a fundamental misunderstanding of what "prestige" actually means. The word is inextricably connected to perception related to achievement, quality, admiration, and/or respect. Just because something is rare, or desirable, or expensive does NOT mean that it confers prestige.
    I think it is you who are confused about prestigious items and value and rarity.

A classic car that is rare and expensive has prestige.

A Nintendo PlayStation prototype has prestige.

Anything can have prestige, and those items with prestige typically come with.... drum roll please.... VALUE

Don’t be like that guy arguing the Crown Jewels of England have no prestige

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Again, this is irrelevant. You're just talking about monetary value, not prestige. They are NOT the same thing.
    They typically go hand in hand irl

Yes, but people also have varying definitions of what is an achievement, and what isn't. Or rather if it is noteworthy or not. Someone who struggled getting a job and finally becoming a salesman would consider that an achievement, and when he comes from a neighbourhood with high unemployment, a steady job with a decent income might be considered prestigious.

Which leads us back to 'prestige is entirely subjective'.
    people can have all the definitions they want, the dictionary has one, everything else is whats known as false prestige and its usually a dangerous belief to hold. its been the gateway to exploitation and downfall of many a person. not that those consiquences truly exhist in the virtual world, it is still a flaw.

just look at justandulas and the effect its had on him, people simply pointing out his item is basically just trash, thats what false prestige does. true prestige never needs defending, if it needs defending then its a sign its not really prestigious.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2020-02-18 at 01:34 AM.

I think it is you who are confused about prestigious items and value and rarity.

A classic car that is rare and expensive has prestige.

A Nintendo PlayStation prototype has prestige.

Anything can have prestige, and those items with prestige typically come with.... drum roll please.... VALUE

Don’t be like that guy arguing the Crown Jewels of England have no prestige

This is entirely about you conflating desirability and rarity with prestige. They're simply not part of the definition. Some items might have several of those qualities but that doesn't mean they're connected. Just because an item is expensive and red does not mean that all red items are expensive.

The data analysis on this thread is reaching level of facebook fake news like never seen before

No, they REALLY dont. A truck and trailer unit might be $300,000. Are you suggesting a truck is prestigious? What about rewiring my home to get it up to code - thats been quoted at $22,000 - is there prestige in my rewiring my home? $22,000 is a lot of money for some.

What about someone who paid for a [Supreme] t-shirt - you honestly think that is a prestigious thing?

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    No, they REALLY dont. A truck and trailer unit might be $300,000. Are you suggesting a truck is prestigious? What about rewiring my home to get it up to code - thats been quoted at $22,000 - is there prestige in my rewiring my home? $22,000 is a lot of money for some.

What about someone who paid for a [Supreme] t-shirt - you honestly think that is a prestigious thing?
    Name 1 prestigious rare item irl that isn’t tied directly to cash.

Also, while it isn’t cheap, 22k isn’t exactly a lot of cash when talking prestigious items. That’s just long overdue home repair

Seriously, just name 1-3 items irl that are super rare and prestigious, but don’t have a big price tag attached to it. Good luck with that

Spoiler alert: even rare pets like the vanilla wow CE, or murky carry prestige to pet collectors and guess what? They ain’t cheap

Wrong comparison. A real comparison is finding a legendary in a 5 man that NEVER gets outdated by seasonal bs

Imagine having to farm m+ ironfoe every season. Haha nope

The gear in retail is too diablo 3. Too much variations of the same gear. Which cheapens ALL of it

Imho, the game is better with clear bis, no random forges, and haves and have nots.

When everyone is comparably geared, nobody is geared. No gear is special when there’s 10 different versions of it that everyone gets a piece of, and it’s replaced every 3 months
    Hard to take seriously when you lie to make your argument stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Hard to take seriously when you lie to make your argument stronger.
    By all means, point out a single lie in that post. I’ll wait

Only thing that could be construed that way, I led with “imo”