Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Diablo and Overwatch Animated Series, Build of the Month - February 2020

Diablo and Overwatch Animated Series
    According to Nick van Dyk's LinkedIn profile (president of Activision Blizzard Studios), Diablo and Overwatch will be getting an animated series based on the games.

The Diablo series will be an anime style, similar to Castlevania, and is currently in pre-production for distribution worldwide through Netflix.

His profile also mentions that he "developed and sold an animated series based Blizzard's Overwatch franchise", however further details about the Overwatch Animated Series have yet to be revealed.

Nick van Dyk - President, Activision Blizzard Studios

President of the film and television division of leading game company Activision | Blizzard, charged with adapting the company's intellectual property to film and TV, including development, financing, production and distribution.

• Executive producer of Skylanders Academy, a TV adaptation of Skylanders (the leading children’s video game franchise in the world). Solicited pitches and selected show runner, assembled writers’ room, provided notes and creative feedback at all stages of production from writing through animation, hired key show staff (line producer, casting director, voice director, composer, etc.), sourced and hired animation studio and negotiated equity interest therein, established guidelines for talent deals, assembled series cast, and sold the show to Netflix.
    • Executive producer of Diablo, a TV adaptation of Blizzard Entertainment’s IP, rendered in anime style. The show is currently in pre-production for distribution worldwide through Netflix.
    • With my creative partner, authored development strategy for the Call of Duty cinematic and television universe. Secured development funding, developed writer compensation deals and oversaw negotiations to secure talent.
    • With my creative partner, developed and sold an animated series based Blizzard's Overwatch franchise.

Build of the Month - February 2020
    Each month or so we will post a couple of hardware setups for those of you who are thinking of upgrading their computer!

All of the parts on this page are Amazon affiliate links. When you purchase your parts through them it helps support the site!

This month
    Depending on how much you want to overclock, you may need to spend a bit more for a better CPU cooler like the NH-D15.

Unless you are doing a lot of video rendering or streaming, you do not need the 8700K and would get more performance from spending that money elsewhere.

Make sure to keep your AMD and Nvidia drivers up to date.

Don't forget to visit the Computer Forum for any extra questions!

Peripherals

Puppy and Dolphin
    All of these parts can be mixed and matched to create a build between Puppy and Dolphin.

Narwhal and Unicorn
    All of these parts can be mixed and matched to create a build between Narwhal and Unicorn.

Narwhal

Updated February 2020
    $$$
    Case NZXT H510
    Power Supply EVGA GQ 650W
    CPU Intel i5-9600K
    Heatsink Noctua NH-U12S
    Motherboard ASUS TUF Z390-Plus Gaming
    Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4
    Graphics Card RTX 2060
    Hard Drive Western Digital Black 2TB
    SSD Samsung Evo 860 500GB

Unicorn

Updated February 2020
    $$$$
    Case Fractal Design Define R6
    Power Supply Corsair RM650x
    CPU Intel i5-9600K
    Heatsink Noctua 6 NH-D15
    Motherboard ASUS TUF Z390-Plus Gaming
    Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4
    Graphics Card RTX 2060 OR
    RTX 2070

Hard Drive Western Digital Black 2TB
    SSD SAMSUNG 860 Pro 1TB
    Last edited by chaud; 2020-02-18 at 08:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    God anime stinks. I wish literally anyone would produce a licensed animation that isn't in that shit style.

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    God anime stinks. I wish literally anyone would produce a licensed animation that isn't in that shit style.
    Say you, I find myself more willing to watch if it's in anime style.

Castlevania is amazing, I can't wait to see how they do this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DTJames View Post
    Say you, I find myself more willing to watch if it's in anime style.
    In comparison to what? Nobody has adapted anything in good animation lol.

The first few posts usually dictate the general mood of the thread, so let's consider your argument. Anime doesn't have just one type of style at the end of the day. Not everything is about huge eyes and moe presentation.

I would very much enjoy the thought of having Diablo depicted in the Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust animated style. That would be a very sick marriage of style and IP without anyone protesting I would imagine.

Ignore this kid. If you look at his post history, he is literally toxic and negative about almost every subject imaginable.

Amazon trying to get rid of Ryzen 2700X and i5-9600K stocks that nobody's buying? Why the hell would you recommend these? Or a DVD-RW for a budget build in 2020?
    Some terrible component choices all around... like low tier list motherboards.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2020-02-18 at 03:52 AM.

How about investing all that money in to the actual products they have, like you know, the games?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 7empest View Post
    The first few posts usually dictate the general mood of the thread, so let's consider your argument. Anime doesn't have just one type of style at the end of the day. Not everything is about huge eyes and moe presentation.

I would very much enjoy the thought of having Diablo depicted in the Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust animated style. That would be a very sick marriage of style and IP without anyone protesting I would imagine.

I see where you're coming from but eh. I should say that I like anime. I just don't like when western IP's are adapted into anime. I want to see the western design maintained in it's adaptation. Dragonball is one of my favorite things in life and that probably makes me a scrub to true anime enthusiasts but it is what it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derekrh View Post
    Ignore this kid. If you look at his post history, he is literally toxic and negative about almost every subject imaginable.
    This isn't reddit, sir.

a diablo serie ? lol
    if its not fully gore and dark themed and coted 18yo+ , it will miserably fail

I see where you're coming from but eh. I should say that I like anime. I just don't like when western IP's are adapted into anime. Snip.- - - Updated - - -
    Yeah that's fair enough, and the West would do well to work on and invest in their animation quality. What comes to mind is the often stellar presentation and artwork in many Marvel/DC/Darkhorse comics, that level of quality could be translated to animated productions, but does require proper budget/domestic talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im only disappointing that we wont get a Warcraft Anime. Ill still enjoy this but Im not as big a fan of Diablo as I am of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Amazon trying to get rid of Ryzen 2700X and i5-9600K stocks that nobody's buying? Why the hell would you recommend these? Or a DVD-RW for a budget build in 2020?
    Some terrible component choices all around... like low tier list motherboards.
    I like how the cheapest two builds say you cant mix and match even though they are on the same platform, and most of the parts are the same.

They'll add in heroes and villains cheering for loot boxes!

I love how this wasn't announced yet, but this guy just HAD to update his linkedin profile. Classic Harvard grad move. Really excited for a diablo anime with a castlevania type vibe. Sounds really cool.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-02-18 at 04:47 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Could not care less about overwatch but diable could be good.

I hate anime. Hearing how the Netflix Witcher's also about to get an anime movie or whatever with probably relevant plot information (so you have to watch it if you wanna be in the know about the show) sucks dick. I don't like anime, I don't like cartoons, I don't like comic style whateverness. I'd love to see the story of any Blizzard universe in anything other than fucking pencil-drawn anime whatever style.

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ewwwwwwww, no thanks

Lol it's hilarious seeing all these people hate on animation. Ok boomers.