Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Im not sure what you mean by "if theres no reward, the person carries the prestige". A person isnt prestigious, theyre achievements/accomplishments are. And things like awards and other things can also be prestigious. Its not necessarily either or...
    Sure, i can help you understand that extremely simple concept - when i say they "carry" the prestige, i mean the prestige is associated with them, as a person, not some silly item they received because of their achievements.

Good job using the word youre trying to define in the definition. Its crystal clear now
    I'm not defining the word. Good job with those subpar reading skills. The point still stands than an item in and of itself cannot be prestigious.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Sure, i can help you understand that extremely simple concept - when i say they "carry" the prestige, i mean the prestige is associated with them, as a person, not some silly item they received because of their achievements.
    More than just people can be prestigious. Items and things can be prestigious..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    The point still stands than an item in and of itself cannot be prestigious.
    Of course it can lol

Ill post this again bc you ignored it: So you couldnt describe Niagara Falls as prestigious, but Mount Rushmore could be? Youre definition is way to narrow. You cant chisel the definition to fit an argument youre trying to win...

Im done trying to teach you guys English. Go back to school, or open google.

So you couldnt describe Niagara Falls as prestigious, but Mount Rushmore could be? Youre definition is way to narrow. You cant chisel the definition to fit an argument youre trying to win...
    Why the ever living fuck would Niagara Falls be considered prestigious? My definition isn't narrow because I didn't make it up myself. Unlike you, I'm not bending it to fit some bizarre desire for my video game accomplishments to mean anything to anyone but myself.

More than just people can be prestigious. Items and things can be prestigious..

- - - Updated - - -

Of course it can lol

Ill post this again bc you ignored it: So you couldnt describe Niagara Falls as prestigious, but Mount Rushmore could be? Youre definition is way to narrow. You cant chisel the definition to fit an argument youre trying to win...

Im done trying to teach you guys English. Go back to school, or open google.
    Since you like linking definitions, does this one help at all? It even speaks of the words roots, and strangely, not a word about "items" or "things"?

prestigious
    Eagle Scout is a prestigious position within the Boy Scouts. It requires a lot of hard work over a number of years, and if you become one, lots of people will respect you.

The adjective prestigious has a really wonderful Latin root, praestigiae, which means "conjuring tricks." Think of the magic word, "Presto!" Even though today's prestigious doesn't necessarily mean that the person described can do magic, imagining prestigious people as magicians can help you remember the admiration and status that the word implies.

We can argue definitions all we want, but we can all agree that there is nothing prestigious or rate about a freaking Ironfoe. It was crap in Vanilla and it is still crap in Classic.

Are you guys aware that words can have multiple meanings? Prestigious can also mean, "having high status". A rare and sought after item can be perceived as prestigious OR as a status symbol. Stop embarrassing yourself.
    Waiting for your reliable source of this definition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Why are people so fixated on this shit. What does it matter.

Seriously, it feels like every other day I see a "classic is beating retail" post with just anecdotal garbage as proof. Ignoring little details like retail having a phasing system to intentionally prevent congestion of any one area.

I'm not saying OP is wrong but I really just don't see what the point is. Why are classic players dragging out this pissing contest? As someone currently playing neither it just makes me feel like two sides of a sinking ship, laughing that the other side is taking on more water.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    your confusing jealousy with admiration and prestige. its a comically common error of people with inflated ego's. but it is the error your making. they want the item, you they care little for.
    You're confusing jealousy and envy. Jealousy is when you're afraid of losing something. Envy is when you want something.
    why so mad bro

This thread is filled with anecdotal evidence.

No one here knows the numbers.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    By all means, point out a single lie in that post. I’ll wait

Only thing that could be construed that way, I led with “imo”
    Your waiting is over.
    "Gear replaced every 3 months".

I'll be waiting for my apology.
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Waiting for your reliable source of this definition.
    lol google is hard

https://www.lexico.com/definition/prestigious
    https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionari...sh/prestigious
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2020-02-18 at 03:37 AM.

If you wernt slobbering over your keyboard, impatiently waiting to argue dumb shit, you would have seen the addendum.
    I guess we don't need any more proof that this guy has been rekt. I do feel a little embarassed for this guy because he could've just not replied. But he did and we all had a laugh at him.
    why so mad bro

I guess we don't need any more proof that this guy has been rekt. I do feel a little embarassed for this guy because he could've just not replied. But he did and we all had a laugh at him.
    As you get rekt by the presious post Irony is delicious

So you couldnt describe Niagara Falls as prestigious, but Mount Rushmore could be? Youre definition is way to narrow. You cant chisel the definition to fit an argument youre trying to win...
    It seems that this is exactly what he did. All youve done is cry "yOu CaNT dO tHaT". Looks like he is winning this internet argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Reliable sources please. Not rando websites. Try again.

- - - Updated - - -

As you get rekt by the presious post Irony is delicious
    If you mean quoting definitions from the English language dictionary equivalent of the short bus, sure. I got rekt. Judging from your grammar and spelling I shouldn't be surprised.
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post

Important word being bolded. In the end an opinion. Nothing wrong with that....but in a world where people "think" the earth is flat...well...meh...
    That's true, so I have no idea why I responded to your opinion in the first place then. If classic had good game design they wouldn't have radically changed it over 15 years, so I guess it's pretty obvious the majority dislike it.

Reliable sources please. Not rando websites. Try again.
    Im not going to respond to your argumentum ad hominem. Rather than attack the source, try refuting the claim. You asked for a definition where it states, prestigious can be having high status. There you go, prove it wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    That's true, so I have no idea why I responded to your opinion in the first place then. If classic had good game design they wouldn't have radically changed it over 15 years, so I guess it's pretty obvious the majority dislike it.
    What was radically changed?
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2020-02-18 at 04:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, classic is not more popular than retail.

No, blizzard deciding to advertise classic does not objectively prove it's more popular. You're reaching HARD if you're going to assume that counts as proof of anything.

I won't even bother reading the rest of the thread but the OP's first post, because I know it's 99% going to be pointless back-and-forth drivel and bickering that amounts to a grand total of absolutely nothing.

What was radically changed?
    Mostly the way loot works. Instead of grinding one dungeon endlessly at the same difficulty for your BiS item there's multiple dungeons that give roughly equal options. In classic there are items that are literally under 1% drop rate out of dungeons that are BiS for certain classes, that type of thing would never happen in retail because they realized it's an absolutely terrible design.

The other biggest change would be end game of classic is basically "do the exact same dungeon hundreds of times" while in retail with m+ the dungeons vary quite a bit from week to week or even key to key depending on difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Mostly the way loot works. Instead of grinding one dungeon endlessly at the same difficulty for your BiS item there's multiple dungeons that give roughly equal options. In classic there are items that are literally under 1% drop rate out of dungeons that are BiS for certain classes, that type of thing would never happen in retail because they realized it's an absolutely terrible design.

The other biggest change would be end game of classic is basically "do the exact same dungeon hundreds of times" while in retail with m+ the dungeons vary quite a bit from week to week or even key to key depending on difficulty.
    Oh, I think I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying classic is radically different from vanilla. My mistake.