Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    I'm sure it had nothing to do with faking a hate crime. No sir. Nice fucking try dragging not only his race but his sexuality as an excuse for his shitty behavior. The left should be just as pissed if not more pissed away him given the race relations aren't exactly good. Him framing maga dudes should come into play since they didn't exist and he failed spectacularly.

- - - Updated - - -

Replace racism with defamation in the coventon case. Should ask how much it cost CNN.
    It cost cnn pretty much nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It cost cnn pretty much nothing...
    You seem to know more than google. Seems the amount was not made public. I guess you can tell us how much they paid out exactly? It was an interesting case.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    You seem to know more than google. Seems the amount was not made public. I guess you can tell us how much they paid out exactly? It was an interesting case.
    It wasn't an interesting case at all.

What they paid is very likely less than their lawyer fees would have been hence why settling makes sense.

People settle cases that have no merit all the time, as it can be cheaper.

I wonder how themis would feel if fox news did that to some lefties. It shouldn't matter much anyway because cnn should Clearly show the danger of narrative journalism. The kids only crime was having a smug smile. Makes me wonder what it'd be right leaning celebrity pulled a jussie. Would the same people here dismiss his charges as well? Does jussie get a pass because orange man bad? Has Pelosi and tulsi called it a "modern day lynching" recant and demand an apology from jussie?

- - - Updated - - -

If even one email of cnn said "go after them" that would've met the criteria for defamation. Bit it's ok because they're right leaning right?
    Why are you now making shit up entirely with "what if they had an email that said go after them!" ??

Fox News literally does that all the time... in fact Fox News talking points LED DIRECTLY TO THE El Paso shooting

I mean if we want to talk about tangible effects of news being detrimental to people, go no further than the right wing with their propaganda machine fox new pumping out domestic terrorist.

they don't even send a lot of women to jail or spend this much time when they lie about being raped....
    that has a specific victim in the case who sufferers horrendously.

Smollett.... ummm, hurt....umm...taxpayers? Butt hurt police/prosecutors/RW nuts??

but hey lets keep pouring thousands an hour into this mess. Offer up a generous plea and get it over with.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/brean...b03a8f3a22f390
    On Thursday, 19-year-old Breana Harmon of Pottsboro pleaded guilty to four felony charges of tampering with physical evidence and government documents in relation to false reports of kidnapping and sexual assault. Harmon will be sentenced March 20. Her plea deal has two possible punishments: regular probation or deferred adjudication, which often involves fulfilling a requirement, such as treatment or community service. Neither involves prison time.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

To meet defamation you need malice and intent. One email from a producer would meet that legal criteria if they said go after them. the story you could argue wasn't news anyway since that showdown amounted to what we're doing right now. 2 people having a difference of opinion.

The only thing I knew about the el Paso shooter it's he followed a bankrupt "super lawyer" on twitter. Even if fox news lied and slandered him. He can't sue.....because even if he wins. He'll lose all of it in a civil suit. Assuming he's found guilty

You had a number of sources on Twitter showing what really happened in the coventon case. If/when fox is lying about shit. Let them be sued to. There's a reason trust in the media is low in the U.S.
    So your argument is breaking news shouldn't be talked about until it is no longer breaking? And no news story should never require updates? This literally cannot work that isn't how news works.

"Look if they had this particular source they would have this information from this particular source, but if they didn't have the source video for that particular guy then I guess they would be going off the data they have from their particular source"

I mean what are you confused about?

It's so strange how people assume that Jussie is guilty in spite of the fact that cops clearly have no evidence to pin him with anything.

I wonder why people assume he's guilty?
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    It's ignorant to paint all supporters as a hive mind because one goes off the rail.
    Is that why Trump and his Cult always paint all democrats and their supporters as Enemies and/or Enemies of the State?

Is that why Rethuglicans and the Trump Cult paint all Pro Choice as Child Murderers and Pro LGBT's as Evil Immoral People?
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    It's so strange how people assume that Jussie is guilty in spite of the fact that cops clearly have no evidence to pin him with anything.

because there was evidence. security camera footage of the 2 people that "attacked" him told police he paid them to do it.

No that "story" was not news to begin with. Was there violence? Nope, destruction of stuff? Nope. Funny enough cnn didn't include the black Israelites in their story. Or show the entire footage or from different sources. The golden rule of journalism is 2 sources. Make damn sure you know what's going on.

Now the cynical asshole side if me thinks that this was a failed hit piece. Since this whole thing wasn't even news. Like I pointed out that whole thing was little more then a real life internet argument. It's not like CNN has any bad blood against trump.

This isn't the first time breaking the story first didn't go well. Mike brown was another. That's off the top of my head. I'm sure there's plenty more.
    Dude. I've seen stories about a 12 year old girl being nice to another student with a disability. Who the fuck are you who get to decide just what news is?

Didn't cnn have footage of the black Israelites? Did they have the entire footage? you know that you use sources and if your source doesn't have something you don't have it

And now you think it was a failed hit piece? You're now entering qanon conspiracy theory territory.

There it's no Qanon conspiracy from my end. It's a known FACT cnn hates trump and trump hates CNN.
    Except they don't anywhere near act like the Deplorable Fox News Hosts such as Jeanine Pirro.

The only thing you've said is as long as the person is left leaning it's ok to fake crimes.
    When did they say that? Seems like CNN updated that story.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-02-18 at 06:03 AM.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Dude. I've seen stories about a 12 year old girl being nice to another student with a disability. Who the fuck are you who get to decide just what news is?

Didn't cnn have footage of the black Israelites? Did they have the entire footage? you know that you use sources and if your source doesn't have something you don't have it

And now you think it was a failed hit piece? You're now entering qanon conspiracy theory territory.
    and you are getting overly emotional for no reason.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Since I'm sure they got police reports. The coventon one....not so much.
    Didn't CNN already retract or update the Coventon Story?

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    because there was evidence. security camera footage of the 2 people that "attacked" him told police he paid them to do it.
    Uh huh. And why were they unable to produce this evidence?
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Didn't CNN already retract or update the Coventon Story?
    The same day, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    and you are getting overly emotional for no reason.
    What was emotional about that? And how does that in any way address the argument made?

I can't tell if you're being serious or not.

I'm sure it had nothing to do with faking a hate crime.
    How much was that one girl dragged over the coals for carving Obama's name on her forehead, again? Two weeks of infamy at most?
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

You mean besides the fact that the guy left his home at ~2 AM when the temperature was below 10 degrees F to get a sandwich?

Or beside the fact that he claimed two white men attacked him when all evidence points to them being two "black" men(who later claimed he paid them to stage the attack)?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    You mean besides the checks he wrote for the 2 in the exact amount they said he paid them? Him purchasing the clothes line aka the noose. Him buying the bleach The one they managed to tie wearing thick gloves. Because at ‐16 ones manipulation sucks. You got the choices of wearing thick gloves or wearing nothing and have the feeling of hammers pounding your fingers. Even the first stages of frost bite ain't fun.
    To play devils advocate it’s possible if rather unlikely that the I think they were brothers? Attacked him and tried to make it look like a hate crime to avoid supposition. I believe he said the check was for them being his personal trainers or something.

Though realistically that’s a far fetched theory to believe.