Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Boy scouts of America files bankruptcy

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...for-bankruptcy

Can't say i've ever seen this day coming. It's very sad and hope it can recover. The boy scouts of America gives hope to thousands of kids all over the USA.

I used to be a boy scout ages ago.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Should've been selling them cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...for-bankruptcy

Can't say i've ever seen this day coming. It's very sad and hope it can recover. The boy scouts of America gives hope to thousands of kids all over the USA.

I used to be a boy scout ages ago.
    I rather have a youth organisation based on secular humanistic values, which is inclusive towards all races, genders and sexual preferences.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    The boy scouts of America gives hope to thousands of kids all over the USA.
    And apparently a lifetime of trauma to thousands of others.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I rather have a youth organisation based on secular humanistic values, which is inclusive towards all races, genders and sexual preferences.
    I think they actually started letting girls in within the past couple of years. Probably because they were getting desperate for cash.

The boy Scouts were always the strange kids in my school growing up in the 80s. Never had a desire to join them. Just felt like an out dated 1950s club that lasted to today on the back of its former members and thier kids.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is sad to hear. The Mormons are going to pull 400,000 out of the organization. That has to hurt them financially. Along with all the law suits against some of the leaders.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

The move comes after the deadline for filing childhood sexual assault claims was extended in California and other states.
    Really? You’re trying to do a “oh no poor them hope they can recover” about an outdated Organization that has bigotry AND CHILD SEX ABUSE issues?

I was a boyscout....I can tell you it was ruined when they started letting woman/girls in.

what should of beendone was the girl scouts become more like the boyscouts....not the boy scouts bring in the girls

this was why they went under......they lost the mormons and many others because it was ment to be a place for young boys to grow into men and leader leadership/otherskills/and honestly just have fun. They lost their base support in casing a bigger one.

it was the classic go woke go broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    this was why they went under......they lost the mormons and many others because it was ment to be a place for young boys to grow into men and leader leadership/otherskills/and honestly just have fun. They lost their base support in casing a bigger one.
    Yep, rapes and molestations perpetrated by members of religious organizations seem to favor male children more than those perpetrated by people in the general population. So I can see why letting girls in might lessen the appeal of the Scouts.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Yep, rapes and molestations perpetrated by members of religious organizations seem to favor male children more than those perpetrated by people in the general population. So I can see why letting girls in might lessen the appeal of the Scouts.
    classic *"oh this happen one time...so it must happen everywhere and every time*

news flash does not need to be the boy scouts for this to happen *looks at school teachers *(mostly woman sleeping with students in terms of overall numbers recently , but media only cares when the male teachers do it)

10+ Year Old Account
    From some of the comments here it sounds like the reason was in part due to a group leaving due to their intolerance, and misogyny.

I'd love to see both boy and girl scouts join forces and become simply "The Scouts of America" where all are included, and the there are no gender based activities.

- - - Updated - - -

classic *"oh this happen one time...so it must happen everywhere and every time*

news flash does not need to be the boy scouts for this to happen *looks at school teachers *(mostly woman sleeping with students in terms of overall numbers recently , but media only cares when the male teachers do it)
    The point

----------

Your head.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I was a boyscout....I can tell you it was ruined when they started letting woman/girls in.

what should of beendone was the girl scouts become more like the boyscouts....not the boy scouts bring in the girls

Weird from my experience, girls made me grow into a man. Not other men, but im not judging.

lol

Self-awareness, this one lacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    The fuck is my apology? You called me a misogynist and you didn't back it up.
    Are we offended by words now? I thought that it was just the SJWs who were triggered by that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Offended? Nope, but if you call me shit. You back it up. If you can't back it up you be a man and admit it.
    Uh huh. Seems to me that the guy complaining about nefarious feminist agendas should probably keep his out of unrelated threads.

One time?!!! The Boy Scouts has as many issues as the Catholic Church.

Ummm, it didn't happen one time... it happened literally tens of thousands of times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having "300 lawsuits from men who say they were sexually abused as Scouts" will do that. Why feel sorry for an organization that deserves to go bankrupt?

I hope it never covers. This organization is full of pedophiles, racists and pure hate-filled history. Let it burn.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Weird from my experience, girls made me grow into a man. Not other men, but im not judging.
    Some "conservatives" have an odd attachment to the Greek traditions of Pederastry.