Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    So I’ll say it again as a conservative who will vote even for Bernie ducking Sanders to stop trump: I am in awe of your extraordinary moral cowardice.
    Keep in mind the pendulum swings both ways. If we do it your way, we won't get Trump again. If we do it my way, we won't get Trump again. All too often the campaign for Democrats is that Trump has to go, which seems like a downgrade from needing to better America. Using Trump as an ultimatum to get elected as president is a slippery slope.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    So Hillary would have wholesale sold out South korea and the kurds to American enemies, routinely alienated American allies, engendered radical right-wing violence, shut down the government on multiple occasions over pet projects, stuffed children into cages to die, and worked tirelessly to disassemble every last vestige of progressive US policy passed in the last 20 years?

Because I don't think she would have done any of that.
    She did want to start a war.

Uhhh... what?

Is this coming from the same Trump schlock as "Hillary is a warhawk that's going to start a war with Syria?"
    I'm talking about the speeches Hillary Clinton had given to Wall Street bankers. How she told them she was planning to cut social security? Did you forget she did this?

You don't know that Bernie would have won.
    Considering Bernie is running again and is doing fairly well, I'd say he probably could have.

You aren't "teaching" a lesson to anybody.
    Trump winning seems to have done wonders so far. I predicted that Bernie or someone like Bernie would rise up and here we are with Bernie and Elizabeth Warren.
    They wont "respect you" for making an ideological choice as they work to dismantle and block progressive laws, install crony judges and officials, and work to gerrymander away the ability for liberals to cast meaningful votes.
    Why would I want their respect when I want progress? Hillary wasn't even in favor of Universal Health Care until Bernie pushed her back in 2016. Even still, it was a single-payer healthcare system, not the medicare for all that Bernie concocted and every Democrat seems to support in some version. Four years of Trump stupidity for a potential massive upgrade seems like a great deal to me.

They'll laugh at you and be thankful you were so easy to remove from the political stage.
    Their laughs mean nothing, I've seen what makes them cheer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Warren tried to shove Bernie under the bus a long while ago while trying to claim he was sexist or something, which turned out to be absolute nonsense.

Warren supporters are also some of the first who started with the whole "Bernie Bros are so aggressive / violent" nonsense. They were some of the first supporters to start attacking Bernie supporters. Just look at Slacker74's post history on this board, he does nothing but make posts attacking Bernie while propping up Warren for months now.

The Onion did a nice satire article on it a while ago: "Warren calls Bernie 'a sexist pig' amidst calls for unity".
    Warren isn't my first choice for a reason, but she is still my second choice. Pretty obvious Warren will do some extreme things to be elected as president, but what other choices are there that have similar policies to Bernie? I'm interested in her policies, not her rhetoric. If I wanted a president who spoke well and was presentable then I would vote for Pete Buttigieg.
    Last edited by Vash The Stampede; 2020-02-09 at 05:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Keep in mind the pendulum swings both ways. If we do it your way, we won't get Trump again. If we do it my way, we won't get Trump again. All too often the campaign for Democrats is that Trump has to go, which seems like a downgrade from needing to better America. Using Trump as an ultimatum to get elected as president is a slippery slope.
    Your "bernie or nothing" does a lot less to make "we wont get Trump again" a reality, seeing as you are actively okay with a situation that leads to Trump, and have said you will even be fine with it happening.

In no reality or democratic candidate fielded am I "okay" with Trump being president.

She did want to start a war.
    I make a point of it not to watch stinted political youtube videos.

I'm talking about the speeches Hillary Clinton had given to Wall Street bankers. How she told them she was planning to cut social security? Did you forget she did this?
    And?

A liberal supreme court judge appointment would have been worth more for Progress in the United States than some idle supplication for wall street bankers.

You seem to think of this on a very superficial, "Bernie the great will drop into office and with a stroke of his pen remove all of America's problems." There are a lot of moving pieces that need to be changed and shifted before any of that work gets done. And having Trump be president, let alone having him be president for four MORE years... will do far more to damage that than...

well, frankly, the literal nothing you achieve by letting him stay in power.

Considering Bernie is running again and is doing fairly well, I'd say he probably could have.
    But you don't know that. There are a thousand and one different factors that could have happened. Maybe Bernie would have even lost the popular vote. You have no idea.

Trump winning seems to have done wonders so far.
    And the damage he's done? Bernie's just going to magic wand that away, by your estimation?

I predicted that Bernie or someone like Bernie would rise up and here we are with Bernie and Elizabeth Warren.
    ...And Biden, and Yang, and Buttigieg, and all the other democratic nominees.

Why would I want their respect when I want progress?
    With your mindset, you're fixing to get neither from the republicans.

Hillary wasn't even in favor of Universal Health Care until Bernie pushed her back in 2016. Even still, it was a single-payer healthcare system, not the medicare for all that Bernie concocted and every Democrat seems to support in some version.

Four years of Trump stupidity for a potential massive upgrade seems like a great deal to me.
    "Potentials" are meaningless.

And they wont care what you think of them. Because the scoreboard, the only thing they DO care about... will show them having won, and you having basically defeated yourself.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    99% of bernie supporters I have met are reasonable. Maybe it's time to look in a mirror?
    40 % of Bernie bros ive met were cunts. Most were nice. The ones that were cunts had a very entitled viewpoint. The rest that I've seen on reddit and other forums are super cringe and douchey. I'd rather have Warren anyway. She's strong and competent. I believe her and believe in her! We don't need another wave of sexists in office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I don't know what you are watching, but it isn't fucking reality.
    Hes talking about me saying Joe Biden has dementia. LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Your "bernie or nothing" does a lot less to make "we wont get Trump again" a reality, seeing as you are actively okay with a situation that leads to Trump, and have said you will even be fine with it happening.
    Actually I'm in favor of both Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren. I'd even throw in Andrew Yang but he's not likely to get elected.
    In no reality or democratic candidate fielded am I "okay" with Trump being president.
    I'm going to repeat what I've said back in 2016 but... you should have voted for Bernie.
    I make a point of it not to watch stinted political youtube videos.
    That's a shame. Grade A Under A was a classic.

A liberal supreme court judge appointment would have been worth more for Progress in the United States than some idle supplication for wall street bankers.

You seem to think of this on a very superficial, "Bernie the great will drop into office and with a stroke of his pen remove all of America's problems." There are a lot of moving pieces that need to be changed and shifted before any of that work gets done. And having Trump be president, let alone having him be president for four MORE years... will do far more to damage that than...

well, frankly, the literal nothing you achieve by letting him stay in power.
    That doesn't change the notion that Hillary is collaborating with the rich and powerful. What would have been so different compared to Trump appointing five former or current Goldman Sachs employees to his administration? Hillary gave private speeches to Goldman Sachs as well. Trump and Hillary were both shit choices.

But you don't know that. There are a thousand and one different factors that could have happened. Maybe Bernie would have even lost the popular vote. You have no idea.
    You seem to be confident that you do know. The difference is that so far I've been correct and you haven't.
    And the damage he's done? Bernie's just going to magic wand that away, by your estimation?
    Bernie will set a precedent that shows what future presidents and politicians should strive for. In just four years Bernie was able to get nearly every Democrat behind the idea of Medicare For All. By Bernie's example we now have even Elizabeth Warren. Bernie started an infectious movement that hopefully will remake the Democrat party back to being left and not center. Bernie may not be able to magic wand everything he promises, but that doesn't matter so long as future politicians follow in his movement.

...And Biden, and Yang, and Buttigieg, and all the other democratic nominees.
    Biden and Buttigieg are what the Democrats want to win, but Biden is doing very poorly now it seems. So there's a huge force being put behind Buttigieg to get him to win. Yang is a joke to the Democrats, because he believes in UBI, which is why I like him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Actually I'm in favor of both Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren. I'd even throw in Andrew Yang but he's not likely to get elected.

I'm going to repeat what I've said back in 2016 but... you should have voted for Bernie.
    He wasn't on the docket against Trump; writing his name in might as well have been a vote for Trump directly.

That's a shame. Grade A Under A was a classic.
    It stems mainly from the fact that I don't care about the opinion of random bumblefucks on youtube about politics.

That doesn't change the notion that Hillary is collaborating with the rich and powerful. What would have been so different compared to Trump appointing five former or current Goldman Sachs employees to his administration? Hillary gave private speeches to Goldman Sachs as well. Trump and Hillary were both shit choices.
    Oh noes she was "collaborating with the rich and powerful." You political narrative seems to have the depth of Ayn Rand, just leaning in the opposite direction.

You seem to be confident that you do know. The difference is that so far I've been correct and you haven't.
    You haven't been "correct" about anything. All you have is hypotheticals about what you think politicians would have done.

Bernie will set a precedent that shows what future presidents and politicians should strive for. In just four years Bernie was able to get nearly every Democrat behind the idea of Medicare For All.
    Just like Obama did?

Oh, wait, the cockblocking Republicans stopped a majority of Obama's progressive policies, and Trump's continued tenure as president will only serve to allow him to pack MORE Republican cronies into various offices and judgeships whilst simultaneously working to pervert the electoral and legislative process to favor Republican candidates and policies. That is LONG TERM damage that will make it harder for any democrat to be elected.

And you're fine with just... handing the republicans more power. A scenario exists in your mind where you are A-okay with letting that happen.

You are the Republican's favorite type of democratic voter, you know that, right?

By Bernie's example we now have even Elizabeth Warren.
    Bernie didn't "invent" Elizabeth Warren. She's been an established Democratic politician for decades. She's not looking to him for pointers, and she'd be running in this race even if he weren't.

Bernie started an infectious movement that hopefully will remake the Democrat party back to being left and not center. Bernie may not be able to magic wand everything he promises, but that doesn't matter so long as future politicians follow in his movement.
    Like I said, I remember when Obama was supposed to do all those things too.

After Obama, we got Trump.

Obama was still the correct choice in all of those scenarios. But you're staking your political views literally on the merit of hypothetical trends based on the hypothetical performance of a hypothetical president.

Biden and Buttigieg are what the Democrats want to win, but Biden is doing very poorly now it seems. So there's a huge force being put behind Buttigieg to get him to win. Yang is a joke to the Democrats, because he believes in UBI, which is why I like him.
    I don't care who the nominee is. I'm voting for them, over Trump, every time. Every single one of them has better positions and is fundamentally a better person than Trump. And yes, that was true of Hillary as well.

Because no matter what they do, it will do more for progress in the United States than Trump will.

I'm about results, not the... hypothetical, imagined, long-term 4D chess "losing will be good for everyone!" nonsense that you seem to be.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-02-11 at 12:11 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh noes she was "collaborating with the rich and powerful." You political narrative seems to have the depth of Ayn Rand, just leaning in the opposite direction.
    As Grade A Under A has said, "Money in politics has ruined politics". The only difference between Hillary and Trump when it comes to corruption is that Trump is an open book while Hillary keeps her corruption a secret. Hillary was bought out by many lobbyists such as the fossil fuel industry, private prison industry, and companies from the defense sector such as Lockheed Martin have given Clinton more money than anyone else before. Being an oligarchy isn't healthy.

Just like Obama did?

Oh, wait, the cockblocking Republicans stopped a majority of Obama's progressive policies, and Trump's continued tenure as president will only serve to allow him to pack MORE Republican cronies into various offices and judgeships whilst simultaneously working to pervert the electoral and legislative process to favor Republican candidates and policies. That is LONG TERM damage that will make it harder for any democrat to be elected.

And you're fine with just... handing the republicans more power. A scenario exists in your mind where you are A-okay with letting that happen.

You are the Republican's favorite type of democratic voter, you know that, right?
    So you're saying that Bernie has no chance to enact his policies because of Republicans so we should move more right like Republicans? Doesn't every Democrat have this issue to deal with already? That question was rhetoric btw.

Bernie didn't "invent" Elizabeth Warren. She's been an established Democratic politician for decades. She's not looking to him for pointers, and she'd be running in this race even if he weren't.
    I didn't say he did. Elizabeth Warren's policies are very similar to Bernie's, and we know they've worked together for some time now. But 4 years ago his attempt to run for president shows that others like him can now try and run for president as well. Bernie paved the way for other left leaning Democrats to stand up.

Like I said, I remember when Obama was supposed to do all those things too.

After Obama, we got Trump.

Obama was still the correct choice in all of those scenarios. But you're staking your political views literally on the merit of hypothetical trends based on the hypothetical performance of a hypothetical president.
    And you aren't? Voting for someone is a risk, and nothing guarantee's they'll do anything they said they would. That's just politics.
    I don't care who the nominee is. I'm voting for them, over Trump, every time.
    Be careful for what you wish for. You may just get it. There's a monkey's paw for electing anybody that isn't Trump.
    Every single one of them has better positions and is fundamentally a better person than Trump. And yes, that was true of Hillary as well.

Because no matter what they do, it will do more for progress in the United States than Trump will.
    You sure? Even Pete Buttigieg has lobbyist money on him. From the top it's Google, Microsoft, Disney, AT&T, Amazon, Apple, Wells Fargo, Facebook, and a number of banks. I would be worried if Pete wins.
    I'm about results, not the... hypothetical, imagined, long-term 4D chess "losing will be good for everyone!" nonsense that you seem to be.
    Like I said back in 2016, you vote for Bernie or Trump gets 4 years. If you're really that adamant about removing Trump, then Bernie is topping the popularity polls. If Warren wins then that's fine because all Bernie Bros are behind her as well. Don't care what some reddit posts say, the Bernie Bros will happily vote for Elizabeth Warren. She's just a gender bent Bernie as far as I'm concerned. Joe Biden has no chance, despite what CNN would like you to believe. Pete Buttigieg might, but the Bernie Bros won't vote for him, so he's a wasted vote.

If Bernie or Warren isn't the front runner then you'll get another 4 years of Trump. Stop acting like any choice is better, when it really isn't. We need the correct choice, and Bernie and Warren are it. If Bernie is topping the polls then Bernie it is. If you don't agree with this then America needs to go back into another 4 years of Trump, because we need to be reminded of what happens when you choose poorly. Doesn't matter anyway since 2020 will be the year when America enters a recession and Trump will be blamed for it. So my cat could win against Trump at that point. My Hot-wheels car with a fucked up tire could win against Trump at that point, because the one thing that Trump praises himself the most on is the economy and it isn't doing well as the media is leading you on about.
    Last edited by Vash The Stampede; 2020-02-11 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    it already has if you read the threads here.
    so you guys spend your whole time railing against moderate dems as corrupt etc. what's your plan to win them over if bernie gets the nomination?
    what stops them from pulling a bernie bro and going "nope not voting"?
    Well that wont be a problem since all i hear the corporate dems saying when Biden was the frontrunner that Everyone must vote blue to oust Trump. Or do you mean that it has changed now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    Well that wont be a problem since all i hear the corporate dems saying when Biden was the frontrunner that Everyone must vote blue to oust Trump. Or do you mean that it has changed now?
    I challenge you to find an actual Never Sanders democrat on this forum.

Because I'm distinctly certain even Bernie's detractors (myself included) have said we'd still vote for him in the general. Whereas you can't swing a cat on this forum without hitting someone screaming Bernie or Bust.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I challenge you to find an actual Never Sanders democrat on this forum.

Because I'm distinctly certain even Bernie's detractors (myself included) have said we'd still vote for him in the general. Whereas you can't swing a cat on this forum without hitting someone screaming Bernie or Bust.
    I'll be honest, as I've said before, Bernie must demonstrate a good faith effort at "unity" before he "earns my vote". After all, Bernie Bros went on ad naseum about Hillary not "earning their votes."

I'll even do it without moving the goal posts as they did always do.
    Bernie simply has to fire all the troll ass motherfuckers in his senior campaign staff. These people are abusing Bernie by using him as a platform to grind all their personal grudges against all other Dems. Creating needless wedge issues that only help the GOP.

Since the Bernie Bros like to play stupid games and pretend to not know who these people are. I'll lay it out even more.

Fire:
    Dave Sirota - alleged speech writer
    Jeff Weaver - senior consultant
    Briana Grey - national director of comms
    Nina Turner - campaign co-chair and director of his dark money group, Our Revolution (such a fucking FEC violation it's stupid).

Their twitter feeds are a toxic mess of bashing the Dems. Not surprising they all brag about voting Jill Stein 2016 and being rat fuckers.

Also Bernie because of his heart attack, he needs to demonstrate good faith to announce his VP pick. "Anyone but Tulsi" seems a reasonable ask.

5 easy steps to earn my vote Bernie!
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Update!!

Looks like other candidates are taking Bernie's toxic supporters seriously. Maybe they saw how this element drove a lasting wedge that may have affected the 2016 general election.

I wonder if Bernie will get called out on it during the debate?

Here's Bloomberg, calling out some of Bernie's senior staff. I think this is an important step. It demonstrates that its not just some randoms on 4chan. This bad behavior is being led from up on high.

Also Joe Biden this week.

Biden calls on Sanders to take accountability for supporters' threats.
    Calling attacks “vicious, malicious, misogynistic,” Biden said it wasn’t enough for Sanders to simply disassociate himself from those making them. He needs to “find out who the hell they are, if any of them work for [him]. Fire them.”

Biden says he'd 'disown' anyone who made online attacks like Bernie Sanders' supporters.
    "If any of my supporters did that, I'd disown them. Flat disown them," Biden said. "The stuff that was said online. The way they threatened these two women who are leaders in that Culinary union. It is outrageous."

Biden's comments come in the wake of a controversy over the Culinary Workers Union, which recently criticized Sanders' "Medicare for All" proposal. The union represents some 60,000 members of the hospitality industry in Nevada.
    Last edited by Milchshake; 2020-02-18 at 12:51 AM.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Bloomberg is full of shit as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Update!!

Looks like other candidates are taking Bernie's toxic supporters seriously. Maybe they saw how this element drove a lasting wedge that may have affected the 2016 general election.

Here's Bloomberg, calling out some of Bernie's senior staff. I think this is an important step. It demonstrates that its not just some randoms on 4chan. This bad behavior is being led from up on high.

[IM]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ERAT26qXUAAdVjt?format=jpg&name=small[/IMG]

Calling attacks “vicious, malicious, misogynistic,” Biden said it wasn’t enough for Sanders to simply disassociate himself from those making them. He needs to “find out who the hell they are, if any of them work for [him]. Fire them.”

Biden says he'd 'disown' anyone who made online attacks like Bernie Sanders' supporters.
    "If any of my supporters did that, I'd disown them. Flat disown them," Biden said. "The stuff that was said online. The way they threatened these two women who are leaders in that Culinary union. It is outrageous."

Biden's comments come in the wake of a controversy over the Culinary Workers Union, which recently criticized Sanders' "Medicare for All" proposal. The union represents some 60,000 members of the hospitality industry in Nevada.
    Are we talking the same Joe Biden who threatens to fight people?

The same Bloomberg literally begging dens on the internet to create memes and online presence for him?

And im just talking about stuff that happened this year.

Great guys.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2020-02-18 at 02:07 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Update!!

Seems like Biden supporters are not quite so innocent.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elect...eo/ar-BB106pLK

The gist of it is: A Biden supporter in Pennsylvania created a doctored video that made it sound like Bernie was praising Soviet dictators. It got 2.5 million views. Apparently the Biden campaign was quite aware of this deception and refused to do anything about it until the full undoctored video was uncovered and released.

And, of course, there is a pro-Biden group chat excerpt where the person that created this vicious dishonest video complained that Sander's supporters ARE vicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Bloomberg is full of shit as usual.
    Toxic Bernie bro alert. The fascists are thanking you for Trump winning the presidency. sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I don't know what you are watching, but it isn't fucking reality.
    Hes talking about me saying Joe Biden has dementia. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jehct View Post
    Toxic Bernie bro alert. The fascists are thanking you for Trump winning the presidency. sad.
    Our politicians keep getting worse because each side refuses to criticize itself. Bloomberg IS a piece of crap whether or not you like Bernie Sanders or Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    I knew those "harassment videos" were fake the moment I saw them.

Look on this forum. The most toxic posts are from anti-Bernie democrats. People fueled with corporate grown opinions.
    that looks pretty toxic to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    I'm hoping for Tulsi myself.
    I'm sorry but is this a thing? A real thing?

Why on earth would Bernie pick one of the least liked options in the democratic party for his VP? It would be suicide.

I realize this isn't really on topic but I do wonder in a hypothetical 2021 where Sanders takes office as president what his supporters are going to do when he either 1) is entirely unable to get his progressive agenda through a divided congress and/or 2) puts into place more moderate proposed that can get through.

Will they still stick with him or will they turn on him as they tend to be more puritanical than other supporters? Will be interesting to see.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    IIRC, Jettisawn was/is a very fervent supporter of Tulsi.
    Hence my question about whether this is a fever dream of a former Tulsi supporter or something the Sanders camp is actually considering.

Because I think Sanders would have a shot against Trump. I think if he picks Tulsi as his VP choice that shot goes down dramatically. To the point I'd be surprised if he'd win. Tulsi ended her viability as a party leader when she refused to vote on impeachment. She committed political suicide at the national level with that act.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Hence my question about whether this is a fever dream of a former Tulsi supporter or something the Sanders camp is actually considering.

Because I think Sanders would have a shot against Trump. I think if he picks Tulsi as his VP choice that shot goes down dramatically. To the point I'd be surprised if he'd win. Tulsi ended her viability as a party leader when she refused to vote on impeachment. She committed political suicide at the national level with that act.
    Tulsi got exactly what she wanted out of it.

A $2000 per segment gig at Fox News as a "Democrats are CRAZY!" talking head for the next decade.

I hope she enjoys her new house.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I'm sorry but is this a thing? A real thing?

Why on earth would Bernie pick one of the least liked options in the democratic party for his VP? It would be suicide.
    For cross-party appeal? For getting more independents?

Anti-war stance is fairly popular, and politicians who pursue it are quite rare in US.