Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Corruptions should be disabled in rated pvp content.
    It was just as bad when we had casters with that damn staff wrecking people back in cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Corruptions should be disabled in rated pvp content.
    It was just as bad when we had casters with that damn staff wrecking people back in cata.
    Lol theyre not? Jesus christ..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post

Case in point - Infinite Stars before the nerf. Shit was doing 20-30% of peoples damage. You don't have to manage a rotation either - it just fires off by itself.
    Aside from anything like rng, player agency, p2w in sub game etc... It's still beyond me how that numbers left blizzard internal builds of 8.3....I mean at some point some fuckin QA IT guy (oh wait... ) or even dev had to log into game and pew pew abit with different corruption items i guess....How they could miss such differences between corruption effects...But then again same thing was at bfa start with Azerite Traits.

Overall, as i say in some previous topics. Quality Service Flop and Brain/Programming Power flop in blizzard since start of BFA is very very noticible. I wonder if after bfa/wc3 reforge fiasco etc...they still gonna use "blizzard polish/touch" wordplay

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Titan forging was cancer because blizzard also has something implemented to protect retarded players from themselves since they look at all the bitching done by those retarded players and don’t think to look further into it that we had master Loot revoked so the only thing that we can do is trade the loot

But wait the retards complain that they are being pressured to trade their gear away so lizard fixed it again now you can only have master loop in a guild group but wait now the retards are complaining that the guilds are pressuring them so lizard takes it completely out of the game but wait they’re still being pressured to do it so blizzard decides to implement an item level restriction but wait that’s not good enough so they need to add an item level restriction along with adding a restriction to different weapon types

We still have those item level restrictions but now when I go into a farm kill and I have two heroic trinkets I can swap my spec to grab a different trinket for the healers and when it drops I can trade it instead of worrying about if it forges up five item levels and becomes untradable which is happened every raid tear this expansion until now and even happened with a best in slot fire mage neck piece dropping for me on my monk that I could not trade to the fire mage because it tian forge to the maximum level

Titan forging was cancer corruption is less cancer is it an unbalanced system yes but that is going to be the system every single time where you have multiple different possible abilities if it was all the same ability it would be boring boring gear in an RPG is retarded
    Titan forging was cancer corruption is less cancer is it in unbalanced system yes but that is going to be the system every single time where you have multiple different possible abilities if it was all the same ability it would be boring boring gear in an RPG is retarded

People complain about infinite starts but don’t realize how infinite stars actually works which is why after that 50% Nerf yes it deals an insane amount of damage on single target fights but it is not the best for a lot of fights cents in Raid there aren’t that many single target fights
    This post was practically unreadable, and your frequent use of the term "retard" is pretty offensive. Ironic though, given the quality of your argument....

TF was not cancer. It was a great system brought low because of whiny entitled players who think that because they have some ability to play a game, that makes them experts on how to design it.

If you just played the game the way it is designed to be played instead of insisting that you know better, maybe you'd have a little less trouble with it. Whatever, TF is gone, you guys won. Unsurprisingly though you're still not happy and you will not be happy, you'll just find something else to whine about it and demand it be changed because you think it will make your game experience better - even though the rest of us know it won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    Right there beside you brother. This is why I went to Classic. I get my gear from doing the content and I'm done for the week. Don't need to spend every waking moment in a dungeon or out in the world. I can do those things if I want to, or I can do something else. I won't fall so far behind I get benched and if something drops, I don't have to pray to the RNG gods that it forges, sockets, AND has the right Corruption.
    yep, same thoughts here.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    This post was practically unreadable, and your frequent use of the term "retard" is pretty offensive. Ironic though, given the quality of your argument....

TF was not cancer. It was a great system brought low because of whiny entitled players who think that because they have some ability to play a game, that makes them experts on how to design it.

If you just played the game the way it is designed to be played instead of insisting that you know better, maybe you'd have a little less trouble with it. Whatever, TF is gone, you guys won. Unsurprisingly though you're still not happy and you will not be happy, you'll just find something else to whine about it and demand it be changed because you think it will make your game experience better - even though the rest of us know it won't.
    Oh that’s cute you think that I am not happy I am perfectly fine with the corruption system the way it is balancing will never be 100% great that’s fine it’s still better than the retarded cancer that we had for titan forging

Titan forging actually hurt players in the current system of World of Warcraft were item level is now a measure of how good you are and it is a measure of what gear you can trade and it is a measure of pretty much everything the super hard core players might bitch about corruption a little bit but that’s just a numbers game it’s the try Hards in the wannabes and a little jimmy who’s doing a mythic +6 in Legion but demanded everyone have a score of 1000 minimum and multiple gear sets in order to clear it

Titan forging actually hurt players in the current system of World of Warcraft where item level is now a measure of how good you are and it is a measure of what gear you can trade and it is a measure of pretty much everything the super hard core players might bitch about corruption a little bit but that’s just a numbers game it’s the try Hards in the wannabes and a little jimmy who’s doing a mythic +6 in Legion but demanded everyone have a score of 1000 minimum and multiple gear sets in order to clear it

The people bitching about tight and forging being removed or the people that relied on it are the people that got carried by it let it die in a hole

Corruption isn’t permanent either corruption is simply a placeholder for a new system whether or not that new system will be great is still to be seen personally I don’t give a shit I like the game now I no longer have to worry about being unable to trade loop that is useless to me just because it propped five item levels higher than what I already have

I’m fine with getting the strongest gear out of the hardest content oh no it doesn’t have a corruption that will kick me up 66 points that’s fine I’ll still be doing the hardest content I will still not be balanced around the corruption system it’s fine

The people who have led to all of these terrible changes in the systems of wow including tight and forging the removal of master lube gear locking in mythic plus those are retarded people those forum posts are retarded that mindset that train of thought is retarded people can be offended by that who cares
    The people who have led to all of these terrible changes in the systems of wow including titan forging the removal of master loop gear locking in mythic plus those are retarded people those forum posts are retarded that mindset that train of thought is retarded people can be offended by that who cares

I never saw a good argument for titan forging that didn’t devolved into someone telling me I didn’t like it just because someone else got better loot I didn’t care about little Timmy getting better Louis cared about the fact that my character was nowhere near optimized simply because I wasn’t getting a lucky roll on a world boss drop from the beginning of the expansion

Reverse all of the stupid systems that blizzard has implemented around item level and yeah sure titan forging won’t be that bad but with the crap that they have now taken control out of our hands I’m happy that they took a system out of the game that help them do that I am happy to have more control over my character I am happy to be able to trade that pair of gloves that just dropped for me that is a downgrade to my friend who needs them

Reverse all of the stupid systems that blizzard has implemented around item level and yeah sure tighten forging won’t be that bad but with the crap that they have now taken control out of our hands I’m happy that they took a system out of the game to help them do that I am happy to have more control over my character I am happy to be able to trade that pair of gloves that just dropped for me that is a downgrade to my friend who needs them

I am ecstatic to be able to trade a rank three stars corrupted ring to my fellow raider so they can do more damage so we can kill the boss

If people think the only reason why people don’t like titan forging is because other people got loot or because of some kind of hard-core mentality then I believe that they are actually retarded and they should spend maybe five seconds looking into it but blizzard hires those people just like the blue Bornak

Looks like you should be farming gold and not Mythic +

Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Aside from anything like rng, player agency, p2w in sub game etc... It's still beyond me how that numbers left blizzard internal builds of 8.3....I mean at some point some fuckin QA IT guy (oh wait... ) or even dev had to log into game and pew pew abit with different corruption items i guess....How they could miss such differences between corruption effects...But then again same thing was at bfa start with Azerite Traits.

Overall, as i say in some previous topics. Quality Service Flop and Brain/Programming Power flop in blizzard since start of BFA is very very noticible. I wonder if after bfa/wc3 reforge fiasco etc...they still gonna use "blizzard polish/touch" wordplay
    It was buffed just before launch

Also in a multi target fight it loses a ton of power....still retarded but they make choices for the players who love big numbers now

At least they are showing signs of doing more than boring gear now but gotta wait till alpha

Corruption was an interesting idea, but it was executed very poorly. First week I did a +15 and got 475 boots with the 5 % leech trait. My guild mate did a +8 and got a ring with a high ranked infinite stars. Second week I got the trait where I can get versatility when taking damage and my guild mate got infinite stars again. I know the game has rng elements, but I don't feel motivated when someone who doesn't even manage to do a +10 gets way better loot than me who did a +15.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I mean, that's how WoW works since forever. Honestly nowadays people are spoiled as fuck, back in ma' days you'd be happy if you got any sort of decent weapon at all.

I remember raiding SSC with a frikkin' blue weapon because I simply had terribad luck with drops and shit. I finally got a bloody epic spellpower weapon from guildies Kara run on my birthday months into frikkin' TBC.

And nowdays it's like "waah waah I did not get full bis setup one month into the patch - THIS IS SLAP IN THE FACE, Blizzurd!"
    If I had to pick between seeing the same item drop Multiple times over the space of 2 months hoping for the a good corruption effect, vs seeing it drop once in 2 months.
    I would take the latter any day.

I should feel rewarded for the gear I get, not relieved because even though it has dropped before, it finally TF or got the correct corruption. Personally, I think this is the fundamental difference. Gear has got boring and frustrating. Thankfully I raid mythic mostly for transmog (which this expansion is god awful for IMO, bring back class set for transmog!) so I only worry about the item dropping once.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Oh that’s cute you think that I am not happy I am perfectly fine with the corruption system the way it is balancing will never be 100% great that’s fine it’s still better than the retarded cancer that we had for titan forging

Titan forging actually hurt players in the current system of World of Warcraft were item level is now a measure of how good you are and it is a measure of what gear you can trade and it is a measure of pretty much everything the super hard core players might bitch about corruption a little bit but that’s just a numbers game it’s the try Hards in the wannabes and a little jimmy who’s doing a mythic +6 in Legion but demanded everyone have a score of 1000 minimum and multiple gear sets in order to clear it

Titan forging actually hurt players in the current system of World of Warcraft where item level is now a measure of how good you are and it is a measure of what gear you can trade and it is a measure of pretty much everything the super hard core players might bitch about corruption a little bit but that’s just a numbers game it’s the try Hards in the wannabes and a little jimmy who’s doing a mythic +6 in Legion but demanded everyone have a score of 1000 minimum and multiple gear sets in order to clear it

The people bitching about tight and forging being removed or the people that relied on it are the people that got carried by it let it die in a hole

Corruption isn’t permanent either corruption is simply a placeholder for a new system whether or not that new system will be great is still to be seen personally I don’t give a shit I like the game now I no longer have to worry about being unable to trade loop that is useless to me just because it propped five item levels higher than what I already have

I’m fine with getting the strongest gear out of the hardest content oh no it doesn’t have a corruption that will kick me up 66 points that’s fine I’ll still be doing the hardest content I will still not be balanced around the corruption system it’s fine

The people who have led to all of these terrible changes in the systems of wow including tight and forging the removal of master lube gear locking in mythic plus those are retarded people those forum posts are retarded that mindset that train of thought is retarded people can be offended by that who cares
    The people who have led to all of these terrible changes in the systems of wow including titan forging the removal of master loop gear locking in mythic plus those are retarded people those forum posts are retarded that mindset that train of thought is retarded people can be offended by that who cares

I never saw a good argument for titan forging that didn’t devolved into someone telling me I didn’t like it just because someone else got better loot I didn’t care about little Timmy getting better Louis cared about the fact that my character was nowhere near optimized simply because I wasn’t getting a lucky roll on a world boss drop from the beginning of the expansion

Reverse all of the stupid systems that blizzard has implemented around item level and yeah sure titan forging won’t be that bad but with the crap that they have now taken control out of our hands I’m happy that they took a system out of the game that help them do that I am happy to have more control over my character I am happy to be able to trade that pair of gloves that just dropped for me that is a downgrade to my friend who needs them

Reverse all of the stupid systems that blizzard has implemented around item level and yeah sure tighten forging won’t be that bad but with the crap that they have now taken control out of our hands I’m happy that they took a system out of the game to help them do that I am happy to have more control over my character I am happy to be able to trade that pair of gloves that just dropped for me that is a downgrade to my friend who needs them

I am ecstatic to be able to trade a rank three stars corrupted ring to my fellow raider so they can do more damage so we can kill the boss

If people think the only reason why people don’t like titan forging is because other people got loot or because of some kind of hard-core mentality then I believe that they are actually retarded and they should spend maybe five seconds looking into it but blizzard hires those people just like the blue Bornak
    Sorry but trying to read this is nearly impossible because you don't bother with punctuation so everything just rambles off in long meaningless sentences that don't have any coherent thinking behind them worse is your condescending arrogant attitude were sic you just insult people and call them stupid and retarded simply because they disagree with you not worth my time

Antiskill/noobfriendly wow has to stop.

No, it wasn't TF was not a good system. TF was so meh and it was good only for those who can't stand doing higher content waiting for a sudden TF to get higher gear. Everyone could live without it. Corruption gear is not the best but it's fun on it's own way. Just give normal gear again and i'm fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post

They're just not very good at their jobs anymore are they. Almost every single system in BfA either wasn't improved from Legion or was a giant fucking flop.

Azerite, Warfronts, Islands, Corruption. All massive flops. All poorly thought out. All poorly tested.

As you said - it would have taken me 2 minutes on a dummy to work out Infinite Stars was completely broken. That shit was on PTR for 3+ months and was likely in development for longer.

Fucking incompetent.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry but trying to read this is nearly impossible because you don't bother with punctuation so everything just rambles off in long meaningless sentences that don't have any coherent thinking behind them worse is your condescending arrogant attitude were sic you just insult people and call them stupid and retarded simply because they disagree with you not worth my time
    I can't tell if you're trying to be ironic? You literally just typed up a LONG rambling sentence with ZERO punctuation.

lol, so corruption turned out to cause massive butthurt if you are unlucky?
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

And you aren’t condescending in anyway dude you said that I am part of the people that hate taking forging because of something completely unrelated and that I’m still bitching about the system so fuck off

Either come up with an actual argument or just don’t respond instead of trying to do this whole blah blah blah you’re just mean blah blah blah bullshit if someone stupid I’m going to call them stupid and the people who complained about master Lou and complained about having multiple sets of gear and mythic plus are stupid

You talk about no coherent thought but here I am the only person in this to a conversation providing anything other than “well I don’t like you and I don’t like what you say so I’m not going to respond in your meanie face”

Titan forging was cancer because in the current system of World of Warcraft it did more to hurt the player base then to actually help them whereas corruption all it does is boost your numbers if you’re lucky wow it’s so bad let Little Jimmy get ring three infinite stars I don’t care he will still suck he will still die to random stuff he will still not know how to play the game it’s unbalanced and it’s fine because it has zero negative affect and it does not take away control from the player

Titan forging was cancer because in the current system of World of Warcraft it did more to hurt the player base then to actually help them whereas corruption all it does is boost your numbers if you’re lucky wow it’s so bad let Little Jimmy get ring three infinite stars I don’t care he will still suck he will still die to random stuff he will still not know how to play the game it’s unbalanced and it’s fine because it has zero negative affect and it does not take away control from the player

So I’ll say this very slowly and very simply I’m not bitching about corruption titan forging was cancer and I like having control over my character if you have a problem with that then I would have to say that you have a retarded mindset

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    No, it wasn't TF was not a good system. TF was so meh and it was good only for those who can't stand doing higher content waiting for a sudden TF to get higher gear. Everyone could live without it. Corruption gear is not the best but it's fun on it's own way. Just give normal gear again and i'm fine with it.
    Dude you didn’t get the memo if we didn’t like that system then we are super hard-core elitist that hate everyone under us and don’t want them to have fun and want to control how the game is

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    lol, so corruption turned out to cause massive butthurt if you are unlucky?
    I mean if you’re a fucking tool yeah but honestly once you get past the fact that yes it is completely unbalanced and yes there are some traits out there that are extremely overpowered in certain situations you won’t really care

I don’t have infinite stars but I have two twilight devastation items and I have to say they are really fun because you see a giant beam of death come down and just deal Insane damage Which if you’re in a dungeon group can be very dangerous because it can accidentally pull extra ads

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    If I had to pick between seeing the same item drop Multiple times over the space of 2 months hoping for the a good corruption effect, vs seeing it drop once in 2 months.
    I would take the latter any day.

I should feel rewarded for the gear I get, not relieved because even though it has dropped before, it finally TF or got the correct corruption. Personally, I think this is the fundamental difference. Gear has got boring and frustrating. Thankfully I raid mythic mostly for transmog (which this expansion is god awful for IMO, bring back class set for transmog!) so I only worry about the item dropping once.
    I want a system that requires currency so if you kill a boss it drops a currency and you turn it in for a random corruption and then you can use the currency to upgrade that corruption it’s still kind of crappy but it gives us more control

I never understood this "we never get bis" bullshit.

So what?

Instead of one specific shopping list of items that constitute bis you now have equally good alternatives - in my book it is great, especially with corruptions where your juicy key items don't have to have corruptions, as you can just source those from elsewhere anyway due to how cap works.

I'm as much of a raider as it gets, I raided in this game all the way from Vanilla until now, with brief break end of Cata. What we have now gearing-wise is a frikkin' bliss compared to what we had in past, because you are literally having gear raining from sky in raids and shit that you gear lightning fast.

In past I would not have even 10% of what I have now with my measly 7/12 Nyalotha M. I barely stepped in and I already don't need shit from these 7 bosses, because everything I needed dropped like second to third reset. Back in your rose-tinted days, I'd be lucky to have even like 1 piece of loot and 2 would be like wtf...

Now? You get it all and more, what you complain about is utter bullshit for sake of complaining really, especially considering all the big pieces you can get are static nowadays anyway - as in Azerite, Trinkets and even Weapons. Heck you can even socket shit now too.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean look at my gear, it's a bloody joke - barely 1 month in and only M7/12 2 nights guild and I am totally decked already. The only shit I am missing is just Mythic armor and Weapon which is something I am all but guaranteed to get next month.

I am sure as hell glad corruption exists, because otherwise I'd get you bis in like 5-6 next resets and then have to spend half a year (at best) twisting my thumbs in raids because nothing can possibly drop or happen to improve my gear.
    Having a realistic goal to work towards(BiS in the past) is great for motivation and makes items more special. It's not my fault we get drowned in gear, we have titanforging and corrupt to thank for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Much of that is result of them pushing the thing out of the gate too fast. If you think about it, corruption system is really massive, it's not some easymode "let's slap more ilvls lol" system and likely they did not have the time to flesh it out better in a mere patch delivery timeframe. It is a legitimate decent effort system there.

These "should not's" are legitimate, but the hotfixes also strike at this legitimate issue hard and fast and it's much better than it was on launch.

I'm sure after another round or two it will be pretty peachy and then we will have the benefits with not that much drawbacks.

And yes it will never be balanced and 100%, only a fool would expect this in WoW, I just hope it will be reasonably close.
    The hotfixes should've been on PTR, not live. It was blindingly obvious how poorly it was tuned and yet they did nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe the problem is that they replaced a shit system with a potentially better system that they fucked up via both tuning and acquisition rate. Never mind, must just be people complaining for the sake of complaining.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Yes it was TF was a good system.

Liking TF had nothing to do with anyone "who can't stand doing higher content waiting for a sudden TF to get higher gear". It had to do with the way in which it made gear progression smoother and longer for the specific purpose of making raid content more accessible to a broader selection of the playerbase. This is because prior to forging, "brick walls" were a major problem for a lot of guilds. WF/TF was a great mechanism for allowing guilds to earn the power necessary to overcome bosses through effort rather than flat nerfs like we've had in older content.

A second major benefit of TF is that it took away a major reason for people to avoid content that they might otherwise have enjoyed.

Some people could live without it, but it made the game more accessible to most. I am fine with corruption gear as well, that's not my gripe. And while the game did work just fine with just normal gear, it worked a lot better with WF and TF. To me, the removal of WF/TF is sad because it represents Blizzard choosing to listen to people based on how loud and obnoxious they are rather than the merits of the argument. And while I am pragmatic enough to accept that sometimes it is better to give the players what we want even if we're wrong, I don't think it actually solves anything, because the problems suffered by the opponents of TF/WF didn't have anything to do with TF/WF in the first place.

But hey, what do I know :shrugs:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Maybe the problem is that they replaced a shit system with a potentially better system that they fucked up via both tuning and acquisition rate. Never mind, must just be people complaining for the sake of complaining.
    The problem that you guys keep having with their gearing systems is that you're fighting what it is that they're trying to achieve. Thus you're going to pretty much have a problem with any system they come up with.

For example: Blizzard don't want BiS lists anymore because they believe it is a bad philosophy to follow. So Blizzard developed systems like TF/WF and AP to prevent BiS. The problem is that proponents of BiS took umbrage with those systems not on the basis of problems with those systems, but on the basis that they didn't like what those systems were trying to achieve. The problem with that approach though is that instead of arguing for a return of BiS, you were arguing for the abolishment of TF/WF. Which means that even if they do remove TF/WF it's not going to solve your problem because the next system will still be trying to prevent you from being able to get BiS.

And yes, some people do just like complaining. And if you take away the source of their complaint, they will simply find something else to complain about. Typically such complaints tend to not be backed up with solid arguments.

The problem that you guys keep having with their gearing systems is that you're fighting what it is that they're trying to achieve. Thus you're going to pretty much have a problem with any system they come up with.

For example: Blizzard don't want BiS lists anymore because they believe it is a bad philosophy to follow. So Blizzard developed systems like TF/WF and AP to prevent BiS. The problem is that proponents of BiS took umbrage with those systems not on the basis of problems with those systems, but on the basis that they didn't like what those systems were trying to achieve. The problem with that approach though is that instead of arguing for a return of BiS, you were arguing for the abolishment of TF/WF. Which means that even if they do remove TF/WF it's not going to solve your problem because the next system will still be trying to prevent you from being able to get BiS.

And yes, some people do just like complaining. And if you take away the source of their complaint, they will simply find something else to complain about. Typically such complaints tend to not be backed up with solid arguments.
    Exactly. I fundamentally disagree with the goal of their changes to gearing. I also specifically disagree with easy content being able to give rewards as good as or better than the hardest content. I always argued both, with the former being the more important goal. I want an end point to gearing where my character is done and I can either gear up another without directly causing the first character to be weaker or I can compete for ranks on an even playing field.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    to be fair , just doing lfr is fine, it dont take you all the week to do it, you see the contents, going for hm/mythic is just to be able to loot thing that will give you biggger number, at the end, so what ? nothing will be gain to have those big number, its not like there is a secret raid that requiere you to have big number
    But this game is completely focused on increasing numbers, so... it's pretty relevant. Most people only do stuff to get higher itemlevel, higher reputation, higher raider.io, more DPS...